Boon duration builds

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Eviscera.9703

Eviscera.9703

We need a Rune set that replaces the old 2 monk / 2 water / 2 traveler 45% boon duration.

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

I think anet are trying to tell you to pick up some zerker gear..

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

And a DPS runeset. The new runes of strength match the playstyle of elementalist pretty well and they are full DPS – so its exactly what you need. Who needs build variety anyway…

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Runes of strength or earth are your best picks

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Rune of water gives the most general boon duration. IF you really care about he boon duration setup you will need to run 6/6 water + boon food. If you don’t want to run the food then it just wasn’t that important to you.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Eviscera.9703

Rune of water gives the most general boon duration. IF you really care about he boon duration setup you will need to run 6/6 water + boon food. If you don’t want to run the food then it just wasn’t that important to you.

Rune of water is only 20% boon duration. Even If I’m using boon duration food I’m basically missing out on other stats. This with the celestial changes are just another nerf to my current build.

What the hell were you thinking Anet?

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

From a WvW skill group perspective, id say no. A lot of guilds I know who are decent, would run the 45% boon duration rune combination. But to be honest, you don’t need that to keep up constant boons like stability and protection. Its just much much harder too, especially for something like stability.

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Eviscera.9703

From a WvW skill group perspective, id say no. A lot of guilds I know who are decent, would run the 45% boon duration rune combination. But to be honest, you don’t need that to keep up constant boons like stability and protection. Its just much much harder too, especially for something like stability.

Were your decent friends using the old 45% boon duration rune set? I bet they didn’t. The rune set wasn’t OP at all. It was really good for eles keeping their protection and might up.

(edited by Eviscera.9703)

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

I have 3 class where i was using the +45% boon durations, its 3 builds destroyed, its gold and time wasted ( 3*2 traverler runes )

thanks Anet !

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Bye boon duration, bye vigour (double hit because, guess what, they nerfed boon duration!), I’ll be back to WvW once I’ve run AC 6 times over so that I can actually play with runes \o/ what joy I take in playing such a well thought through and maintained game. Needless to say, no more solo roaming for me, dat kind of play was just bad anyways, I won’t sweat it, running around in groups of 40+ spamming 1 is much easier, I just won’t leave spawn without a zerg for fear of encountering someone who didn’t have their roaming build nerfed, or a group of 2 people who can mow me down easily now.

And then onto the massive headache of figuring out how to redo all of my guild group’s builds, I truly am blessed with the amount of fun ANet gives me in these incredibly intellectual changes they instigate. My one minor piece of constructive criticism would be to try playing the game before making such changes.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

On the same boat here, I’ve been using boon duration builds since day 1 and this is quite a significant change. I thought this would promote build diversity but it just killed one of the most fun ones.

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

IKR. So much for making support builds more viable. They just killed them. The difference between a 45% boon and a 15% boon is pretty huge.

And, why is strength 45% to might, but the other runes only 30% max?

Why play support now (which is what I WAS doing and enjoying) when I will be dealing 40% less crit damage and 30% less boon duration? Kitten these kittening kittens, they wouldn’t have a kitten’s kitten of how to kitten a kitten.

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I was one of the people trying to keep everyone from having a heart attack during the stream when they showed one of the boon duration sets, thinking they’d surely have a primary boon duration set or two. Mind you, I was still expecting a nerf to an extent, but I was thinking some sets might have perhaps 35% boon duration. Not 20% on a single set and less on all others, that’s less than half and a very significant hit.

Guess I should have been joining in on the panic instead, heh. Way too much of a nerf for a stat that isn’t exactly easy to get in other ways.

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

I had 3 characters running boon duration. Good thing I stocked up on water runes a long time ago.
a max 20% from runes is probably not as bad as it sounds, at least for me, without having tried it in the field. my regular boons will have a 15 second duration instead of 17.5. should be acceptable still, time will tell.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

They should make a boon duration rune.

(similiar to gw1 20/20 weapons or something)

1 insert stat+ 18 .
2 insert stat + 18 .
3 20% chance concecrations reload 20% faster.
4 Boon Duration 10% .
5 Boon duration 25% .
6 chance of (10%)15% aplyed boon on ally last 20%+

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Were your decent friends using the old 45% boon duration rune set? I bet they didn’t. The rune set wasn’t OP at all. It was really good for eles keeping their protection and might up.

I dont know about EU but on NA is was popular for a lot of guilds to do this. Even some top ranking one.

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

Bye boon duration, bye vigour (double hit because, guess what, they nerfed boon duration!), I’ll be back to WvW once I’ve run AC 6 times over so that I can actually play with runes \o/ what joy I take in playing such a well thought through and maintained game. Needless to say, no more solo roaming for me, dat kind of play was just bad anyways, I won’t sweat it, running around in groups of 40+ spamming 1 is much easier, I just won’t leave spawn without a zerg for fear of encountering someone who didn’t have their roaming build nerfed, or a group of 2 people who can mow me down easily now.

And then onto the massive headache of figuring out how to redo all of my guild group’s builds, I truly am blessed with the amount of fun ANet gives me in these incredibly intellectual changes they instigate. My one minor piece of constructive criticism would be to try playing the game before making such changes.

I feel exactly the same way. They just destroyed a lot of builds and took a away the way I like to roam.
My build really is not feasible anymore. I could maybe go with runes of strength as an alternative but it won’t be the same kind of playstyle (not only do I lose some survivability but also a lot of group support) but those runes are also going for 12-14g a piece. Might not be much money to some but full time roamers know how little profit you make and that’s just another 72-84 gold down the gutter just because ANet had the glorious idea of “expanding” build variety.

Mabe I’ll also have to run some super fun dungeons to get gear I can’t buy with all my worthless Badges of Honor.. just “playing the way I want”… sorry, yeah, I’m bitter. But it really sucks when builds get completely destroyed and you have to put in a lot of money and time playing game modes you don’t like to get back on track.

But to be at least a bit constructive: Did anyone find some other alternatives in runes/gear that worked well to replace boon duration builds and feel kinda similar in play style? Especially talking about D/D eles but guardians, etc. might be interesting too!

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

But to be at least a bit constructive: Did anyone find some other alternatives in runes/gear that worked well to replace boon duration builds and feel kinda similar in play style? Especially talking about D/D eles but guardians, etc. might be interesting too!

on both my guardian and my engie I’ve gone with runes of water, the extra healing works quite well and it still puts me at 50% boon duration, which is reasonable and close to just as good as before.

on my ele I went in a different direction with runes of the monk, changed to sigil of benevolence and aquatic benevolence. atuning to water and then dodging heals my group for almost 8k every 10 seconds, my soothing mist ticks at just about 200 while my regen does 300ish per second to allies. I always ran my ele as support and its never been better in that role, even with reduced boon duration.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

With 20% from water + 30% from the trait line, You reach 50% boon duration. To me, that appears to be where Anet feels it should be, and personally that seems good to me.

The problem is, when boon duration gets to high, it allows stability entirely too much uptime to fully negate a lot of CC builds.

It also seems to me that with the re balance to ferocity, it limits protection a little better. Your already taking less maximum damage, there for longer protection is not needed.

With those points in mind, the current state of boon duration seems to be right where it needs to be, and I find the complaints unjustifiable.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Yuki Chuki.2457

on both my guardian and my engie I’ve gone with runes of water, the extra healing works quite well and it still puts me at 50% boon duration, which is reasonable and close to just as good as before.

on my ele I went in a different direction with runes of the monk, changed to sigil of benevolence and aquatic benevolence. atuning to water and then dodging heals my group for almost 8k every 10 seconds, my soothing mist ticks at just about 200 while my regen does 300ish per second to allies. I always ran my ele as support and its never been better in that role, even with reduced boon duration.

Thanks for your insights! Rune of the Monk might be a bit too supportive for me because I also love to run around alone or only with 1 or 2 other people. But going full rune of the water might indeed give me a nice healing boost whilst still enabling for some damage output through upholding might, fury, etc. a lot of the time. I’ll be sure to check it out!

Boon duration builds

in Profession Balance

Yuki Chuki.2457

With 20% from water + 30% from the trait line, You reach 50% boon duration. To me, that appears to be where Anet feels it should be, and personally that seems good to me.

The problem is, when boon duration gets to high, it allows stability entirely too much uptime to fully negate a lot of CC builds.

It also seems to me that with the re balance to ferocity, it limits protection a little better. Your already taking less maximum damage, there for longer protection is not needed.

With those points in mind, the current state of boon duration seems to be right where it needs to be, and I find the complaints unjustifiable.

Well, the old state of boon duration certainly didn’t prevent hammer zergs becomming such a big part of the meta game ;p

But in all seriousness: I won’t disagree that stability and such a high boon duration bonus might be very strong in a few cases but here’s how I see it (mainly talking about the stability you mentioned; with other things I don’t personally see a lot of problems anyway):

• Not many classes are able to gain a lot of stability (or even share it) to begin with
  • It would only make you especially strong against people that mainly use CC. In my experience, most people rely on normal conditions or normal damage. Even if there were/are a lot of main CC users, I don’t see how this is any different from the rock/paper/scissors principle anyway. If someone has a zerg build and encounters a roamer: though luck for the zerg guy. Are you running a condition build and attack someone who mainly invests in normal armor and or/vitality? Though luck for him. Does he turn out to have invested in a lot of condition removal? Though luck for you! I don’t see why this should be any different for CC users.
  • I’m not sure I ever saw a thread that claimed boon duration was overpowered. While people complain about other things on a nearly daily basis (stealth, spike damage of warriors and thieves, (back then) confusion damage, etc). If they came up, they must have been far and few between.
  • There are also skills that strip boons or even turn them into conditions
  • If you manly go for stability, you wasted a lot of resources whenever you fight people that don’t make a lot of use of crowd control
  • Guardians might e.g. build up a lot of stability, but as mentioned above, that’s not even nearly the case for everyone. From my perspective as a D/D roamer ele: The only skill i have in my build is armor of earth. Which is also one of only two stun breakers and one of the main damage mitigators I have. Without any increased boon duration it lasts a whooping 6 seconds and has a cool down of 75 seconds. This skill is an absolute live safer and I’m very hesitant to use it just for stability. I need the stun breakers. If I get nailed down.. well, I get nailed hard. After all, it’s the only class which has the lowest armor and lowest health pool at the same time and if I can’t move in a close range battle, I’m as good as dead. Even with 70% boon duration, I’d still only have stability for about 10 seconds out of every 75.. is it really so much to ask to get at least that?
  • You didn’t see everyone and their mother running around with boon runes. If they were clearly overpowered, I think that a lot more people would have made use of them
  • Like mentioned in the last post, we’re very squishy beings. I have to invest a lot into vitality, toughness and some healing, to not get ripped apart by warriors or thieves. Although I’m not full bunker, I had to spec quiet defensively to have at least about 1/3 of my lives left and a chance to recover, when a thief spikes me. Even with ferocity now in place, HP go down very fast and I have to be constantly on the move. Things like vigor and protection are still essential for survival (since they nerfed RtL it’s very hard to disengage a fight and you certainly can’t run a thief or a lot of warriors. If you fight them it’s simply “do or die”) and because I have to invest a lot (trait and armor wise) to not be just a rally bot, I relay a lot on might and fury to have at least some kind of damage output and to not just be a guy that simply doesn’t die but can’t out damage anyone’s healing abilities. That’s why I need(ed) the boon duration.

Not saying that you’re wrong or that I’m right. Just wanted to explain why I don’t think that boon duration was too strong (in most cases).