Bowing out

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Hey everyone,

As of tomorrow, I will no longer be a part of the ArenaNet team. I have accepted a job offer elsewhere, and it will be a big step in my career path.

I’ve been an avid Guild Wars fan since the first one shipped. My life has been intertwined with ArenaNet in many ways. I have learned so much from the team and so much from the community as I’ve progressed through the positions I’ve held here (QA, Alpha Coordinator, PvP Community Coordinator to now covering all of Competitive, Skills and Balance); it’s hard to imagine leaving.

Once I made it onto the Competitive Team, I knew it was the place for me. I have an extremely competitive background, so everything really clicked into place. Needless to say, it’s been a huge pleasure to work here and be on the Competitive Team for the past year.

I’m sad to leave you all behind, but I will still be involved with the team in my own ways. I still hang out with a lot of these guys after work, and will keep an eye on the forums every once in a while to see how things are going. I’m confident that the team can handle things once I’m gone.

I will always love Guild Wars and will continue to work on ranking up in PvP/WvW, and would love to ready up with those of you that are interested!

If you’d like to know what kinds of things I’ll be doing in the future or would like to just stay in touch, here’s some of my info:

Twitch (new): http://www.twitch.tv/allie_hugs
Twitter: @AllieMurdock
IGN: Allie.9268

Much love,

Allie

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

No! You can’t leave Allie….

Who will be the champion of the people? :’(

Best of luck to you though in your new job! I’m still voting for you in 2016.

#allieforprez2016

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

Best of luck with your new job Allie, and many thanks for the effort you put into improving the gaming experience and the relationship between the players and ArenaNet through consistent and realistic communication.

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Its over.

/15 charrs

Attachments:

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

To bad. You were just getting a lot of pvp ranks i’ve seen, wich meant you really wanted to get involved. And right after this leap in career (inside Anet), + Wisdom collection, another company has to snatch you. To bad.

It’s my wish, Anet doesn’t rush the interviews for your replacement. Especially anything even remotely connected to profession balance is so important that mistakes cannot be made. No profession bias. No company or player bias. The golden middle way. A person that is open for any kind of view (if serious and not trollish).

Be sure to share al info you ever intended to share with you collegues is shared. One of the biggest failures (that even I am guilty off) is thinking something is not important enough to share the company with, to then forget it and in the end, wasted potential wisdom that might have improved a product or vision. I’m sure last weeks you collected a lot of insights (as we all do). Be sure to share it before you leave. Any sticky notes you had left about Ranger CDI for instance (:D), anything else, be sure Anet does know about it.

It’s why communication is so important

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Best of luck Allie! Really appreciate all the time and insight you’ve given us here.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Best of luck Allie! May the Fo… eh, you know!

Thank you for supporting us all the long way here!

#I no words have"

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Best luck Allie!
Just one question: Since you were the main person behind the Ranger CDI I’m just wondering if some ideas get lost with your leaving. Is the information gathering already over or does anyone else take your place of reading every single post in this 60+ pages long thread?

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BogOtter.6918

BogOtter.6918

Good luck, Allie! You will be missed, but I’m sure you have nothing but great things in store.

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Grats Allie take care!

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Best of luck to you, Allie!
I hope that you enjoy your new job.

Benight[Edge]

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

*The site of Warriors raising their rifles, Rangers their longbows, Guardians their staves, Engineers their rifles, Thieves their shortbows, Elementalists their staves, Necromancers their staves, and Mesmers their staves: All in a salute fashion while everyone simultaneously fires off one shot into the air with that weapon’s projectile

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

*The site of Warriors raising their rifles, Rangers their longbows, Guardians their staves, Engineers their rifles, Thieves their shortbows, Elementalists their staves, Necromancers their staves, and Mesmers their staves: All in a salute fashion while everyone simultaneously fires off one shot into the air with that weapon’s projectile

Hopefully the Necro won’t be embarrassed when, after the smoke/magical debris from the other projectiles clears, his will still be slowly trying to hit that 1200 range.

I’ve seen you do good work around here, Allie. I wish you all the best in the future.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

the only one who knows what was in the Ranger CDI left the team. Nice… :P rangers are doomed!

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

the only one who knows what was in the Ranger CDI left the team. Nice… :P rangers are doomed!

Business as usual.

@ Allie, you will be missed.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

Bowing out

in Profession Balance

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Allie,

Thanks for making a difference. We’ll miss you.
Best of luck on your new opportunity!