Brawler's Recovery needs an ICD!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Brawler’s Recovery is completely brokenly OP right now.

Right now, any sort of “weapon swapping” will proc the trait, and it has NO Internal Cooldown.

That means you can:
-Spam Bundles
-Spam Tonics

to keep proccing the trait.

THAT MEANS THAT A WARRIOR CAN JUST KEEP PICKING UP THEIR BANNER OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND GET FREE CLEANSING. IT COUNTS ON BOTH PICKUP AND DROP AS WELL, SO IT IS INCREDIBLY RAPID CLEANSING AS WELL.

This needs a 5 sec ICD. There’s no way that this trait should provide continuous free cleansing by just picking up a banner repeatedly.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Needs a 4s ICD, actually. There are runes for swap decrease.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Needs a 4s ICD, actually. There are runes for swap decrease.

Unless they changed it the runes and the swap reduction trait dont stack. So 5 seconds should be fine. But i guess that 1 second doesnt change much.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

The wiki says it only cleanses blindness. You can spam “cleansing” for blindness by auto attacking your target. How is that any different? Either way, you’re not doing damage.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The wiki says it only cleanses blindness. You can spam “cleansing” for blindness by auto attacking your target. How is that any different? Either way, you’re not doing damage.

Seems someone didnt read the patchnotes. It now cleans any condition.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I will agree to a 5 second ICD. It won’t change anything at all for its intended use, but it will prevent the abuse.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Hah, I thought this would work

At least it actually gives active banner use something. I mean… Picking it up and then dropping it isn’t that active, but it’s something. <_<

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Sometimes you’ve really got to wonder about ANet’s patch testing before release.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Sometimes you’ve really got to wonder about ANet’s patch testing before release.

Like any software, there are always more bugs/abuses that show up when millions of hundreds of thousands of players are using and even trying to break it than a team of ten or so can find. What matters is that they address the problems quickly.

I do agree this should be fixed, though.

Also, apparently GS burst skill is proccing cleansing ire for EACH PERSON it hits…so there is that too.

Warrior master-race.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

im kind of ok with gs’s,new revamped burst f1, ether way its going to remove 6 condis average if used at stage two with three people in melee(1 out of 3 will dodge) unless they are already drained of endurance
stage 3 full clear of condis every 12-15secs (of course counting the time to build Adrenaline again) but thats up to the warroir to choose when to save Adrenaline and time it with the targets condi Bursts.

it makes it possible to use this skill during stage two and be effective but not to its maximum Potentional while maintaining a decent condi removal options from CI

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

“THAT MEANS THAT A WARRIOR CAN JUST KEEP PICKING UP THEIR BANNER OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND GET FREE CLEANSING”

you mean like self-rooting over and over again to take all the incoming damage?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

Be honest, are warriors actually doing this, or do you want to nerf brawler’s recover because you are having a hard time maintaining your 25 stacks of bleeds, torment, confusion, or immobilize. Exploiting BR in the before mentioned methods sound like terrible ideas.

Firstly, picking up banners isn’t instantaneous and you have to stand still. The channel time to pick it up is just over a second or two. Most tonics also lock weapon skills, so if you are a nike warrior, you can’t use your gs or sword for your motion skills.

The only application I can think of using banner/tonics to remove conditions are if you are defending a tower or keep. But even then, you have to get off your siege just to remove your conditions. Warrior rifle and longbows are terrible on walls (unless you are on edge where you can be pulled off).

Also, wouldn’t the best option be to simply fix bundles and tonics to not proc weapon swap traits (except for engineer skills)?

Less nerfing and more loving!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Instead of an ICD, they could also just make picking up banners not count as a weapon swap.

That being said, it it even that huge of a deal? If you’re just picking up and dropping your banner, you aren’t doing damage, so it’s a trade off. Not to mention, if you take both banners and BR and want your banner to actually be worth using that means 6 trait points in both Discipline and Tactics line. This means that chances are your DPS would be really low and you would still have less sustain than a guard/ele.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

why i feel that Anet will give it a 9s cd ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

‘Is it even that huge of a deal’… that attitude is why FGS took so long to nerf and why the Ele’s cried incessantly when the obvious abuse was finally fixed.

I haven’t verified any of the OP, but if he’s right I imagine any transitional swap probably triggers it. Getting on siege? Picking up summoned weapons? Activating various racial skills?

Fix them all, that’s fine. But also put the ICD check in there because the Warrior is only going to swap weapons once every 5 seconds at best anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Be honest, are warriors actually doing this, or do you want to nerf brawler’s recover because you are having a hard time maintaining your 25 stacks of bleeds, torment, confusion, or immobilize. Exploiting BR in the before mentioned methods sound like terrible ideas.

His proposed solution, a 4s icd, doesn’t nerf the skill’s intended functionality AT ALL. I can absolutely see this being abused in wvw with inifinte tonics. I know enough people who abuse other on-swap skills by endlessly swapping in and out of tonics, but not all of them are as powerful as completely wiping your condis.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

‘I
Fix them all, that’s fine. But also put the ICD check in there because the Warrior is only going to swap weapons once every 5 seconds at best anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.

you know warrior can swap every 4 seconds ?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Instead of an ICD, they could also just make picking up banners not count as a weapon swap.

I believe (though I’m not sure) that this is how engineer kits apply sigil effects on the backend.

personally i think it’s okay that effects like these ones are activating when a banner is picked up or dropped, but it should probably be trimmed somehow. An ICD would probably work just fine here.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

For a 30-deep trait, there is no reason this should be changed. I mean, consider that picking up and repeatedly dropping your banner renders you completely rooted and utterly useless. The Warrior is literally doing nothing at that point. If they want to do that to clear condis that are being reapplied instantly, fine by me.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I believe (though I’m not sure) that this is how engineer kits apply sigil effects on the backend.

personally i think it’s okay that effects like these ones are activating when a banner is picked up or dropped, but it should probably be trimmed somehow. An ICD would probably work just fine here.

ICD seems to me, to be the way to handle this just fine. It is how they handle almost every other situation in the game in similar instances.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

For a 30-deep trait, there is no reason this should be changed. I mean, consider that picking up and repeatedly dropping your banner renders you completely rooted and utterly useless. The Warrior is literally doing nothing at that point. If they want to do that to clear condis that are being reapplied instantly, fine by me.

It’s not just banners that produce the problem. You can also just leave your inventory open and click on siege and put it back over and over, I think even rapidly clicking on the birthday gun might work, and who knows what else.

Rangers used to be able to abuse this in the same manner with their fury/swiftness weapon swap traits, and as a result they got ICD on them. Anet should at least be consistent in that regard and put an ICD on the Warrior trait.

(edited by roamzero.9486)