Buff for Rune of Speed

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

One of the hot trends has been might duration on rune sets. Hoelbrak, Strength, Pirate etc. One of the things that makes Rune of Speed bad is the swiftness duration, it overlaps with the 25% speed buff, and it doesn’t help in combat because maximum speed in combat is 25%. Buff Rune of Speed by changing the 30% swiftness duration to 30% might duration.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

One of the hot trends has been might duration on rune sets. Hoelbrak, Strength, Pirate etc. One of the things that makes Rune of Speed bad is the swiftness duration, it overlaps with the 25% speed buff, and it doesn’t help in combat because maximum speed in combat is 25%. Buff Rune of Speed by changing the 30% swiftness duration to 30% might duration.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Speed

that change would make runes of speed one of the best sets in the game. might stacking celestial cheese builds have lots of options already, travelers runes are expensive, lets keep runes of speed from being too OP so the poor can have runspeed too.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

LOL this would flip the game up side down.

Also, maximum speed in the game is 400, not 25%. And the in-combat speed is 210. So if you do get a 100% movespeed buff, you will run at max speed in combat which is 400.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_speed

All is vain.

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Adding 30% might duration adds no synergy at all to it. Better off going something like -50% cripple or immobilize duration.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Better of going something like -50% cripple or immobilize duration.

That’s already on runes of the centaur, but it would fit thematically.

Perhaps they could have -33% to cripple, chill, and immob, similar to traits like dogged march and whatnot, although that’s not really that special.

A better idea might be to give it a chance to proc super speed when struck/on using a heal skill, with an internal cooldown (i.e. 3 seconds of super speed on heal, 30 second CD). This would allow people to have access to super speed who don’t normally get an option for it, and it would fit thematically with the runes. It would also make it a unique choice among the runes because no other rune set can grant you super speed.

EDIT: I would leave the +25% passive movement speed, and just change the 4 piece bonus to the super speed thing.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

There is a lot of lower hanging fruit in the set of runes. Runes of speed are still a couple gold each because they at least have some uses. I would like anet to fix the even lower hanging fruit before the buff some of the other runes. But yeah all the runes that give +swiftness duration are probably pretty silly.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

We already have a ton of might duration rune sets, some of which just look like a copy and paste suggesting the dev’s didn’t feel like taking the time to make them interesting.

Something new please!

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Better of going something like -50% cripple or immobilize duration.

That’s already on runes of the centaur, but it would fit thematically.

Perhaps they could have -33% to cripple, chill, and immob, similar to traits like dogged march and whatnot, although that’s not really that special.

A better idea might be to give it a chance to proc super speed when struck/on using a heal skill, with an internal cooldown (i.e. 3 seconds of super speed on heal, 30 second CD). This would allow people to have access to super speed who don’t normally get an option for it, and it would fit thematically with the runes. It would also make it a unique choice among the runes because no other rune set can grant you super speed.

EDIT: I would leave the +25% passive movement speed, and just change the 4 piece bonus to the super speed thing.

This ^ would be quite nice.

Or perhaps they could change the & swiftness to chance on hit to proc quickness

Either way I would be good with it as they need to make more viable runes that add + run speed so that traveler runes have some competition.

Buff for Rune of Speed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

remove a bit swift duration
add a slight chance to gain a bit quickness and its a new rune that can be more useful.
we have enough might runes out there

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!