Building momentum = another sneaky nerf!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Besides lyssa nerf and ferocity we also get:

Healing signet nerf

4 nerfs in total for longbow now!!
2x Combustive shot nerf (radius and its damage)
1x Pin down nerf (Obvious Animation ofc.. from 1/4 to 3/4 cast time)
1x Arcing arrow nerf (nerfed it by 15%!! )

- Impale, applies tormet from 10 to 4 sec

And how many nerfs for hammer? I lost counting on this weapon… too many!
well here’s another one:
- Merciless Hammer – from 25% to 20%.

Ok, some nerfs I must agree.. but a hard nerf on building momentum is just so badly done!!!! you made it to give 15 endurance when using burst! not 15%!!! after 1,5 years you now say it was a bug and the tooltip should say 15% and not 15?!?! really!!!! that’s the way you want to sneaky nerf more!? Make it so you can get more from it when using more adrenaline!! now it doesn’t matter if i spent 1 adrenaline bar to get endurance or 3 adrenaline bars.. you still get the same!

make it so:
LVL 1: gives 20% endurance back (or 15%)
LVL 2: gives 30% endurance back (or 25%)
LVL 3: gives 40% endurance back (or 50%)
for people don’t know: 50% endurance = 15 endurance.. like the old building momentum, but now it takes you a full adrenaline bar, sounds more fair to me!

Anet you deside how much but atleast make it more useful because 15% endurance back on lvl 1 or lvl3 is just sooo BAD and lame you didn’t even spend more time to think about how to nerf if properly!

Do you remember saying longbow burst skill restores to many adrenaline??? because that’s the reason you where nerfing it, and we ALL replied by saying burst skills DOESNT give ANY adrenaline!!! only with furious you get some if it crits.. but nope Anet always say they DO listing to us!! WHEN? WHERE? right now also?? I don’t think so

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

and yet after the patch hambow will remain as ridiculous as it is now.
whenever i play hammer war i roam around 3 shotting eles.
it is ridiculous, it needs atleast 50% damage reduction across the board.

when it comes to warrior nerfs i have no remorse, 6 months of hambow is enough…
such a low risk/high reward build that is so incredibly easy to play, it should have been nerfed months ago.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

such a low risk/high reward build that is so incredibly easy to play, it should have been nerfed months ago.

This issnt only about hambow, don’t you see this affects ALL warrior builds? building momentum issnt a hambow trait, and longbow issnt a MUST have weapon only for hambow builds. they are nerfing it the wrong way.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Not sure if you know this but it is all apart of the master to plan to nerf all classes down to the Ranger level.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Sad to see this trait nerfed. It was actually one of the more interesting ones. Now even less reason to use burst in PvE.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

for people don’t know: 50% endurance = 15 endurance

Building momemtum acting that way was a bug. 15 endurance IS 15% endurance.

Want proof? Try this out.

It’s a bug correction resulting in a nerf. Yes, they are slow at correcting bugs.

In case you remain unconvinced, if 15 endurance was a dodge, then 10 endurance would be 33% endurance and engineer could use even their useless toolbelt skills and perma dodge…sadly it isn’t so. Get your facts straight before you QQ.

(edited by Uhtameit.2413)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

It’s a bug correction resulting in a nerf. Yes, they are slow at correcting bugs.

In case you remain unconvinced, if 15 endurance was a dodge, then 10 endurance would be 33% endurance and engineer could use even their useless toolbelt skills and perma dodge…sadly it isn’t so. Get your facts straight before you QQ.

The bug was that the tooltip said 15 instead of 50 and they’ve had mistakes like this before and changed it to what its always done. All the builds that people complain about don’t even have any points in the Strength line.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

The bug was that the tooltip said 15 instead of 50 and they’ve had mistakes like this before and changed it to what its always done. All the builds that people complain about don’t even have any points in the Strength line.

Shock Aura used to give 10s of Fury and Swiftness, it was changed to 5s because it was a bug. So yes, sometimes, bug correcting result in nerfs.

You think no one complains about condi warriors? you have a long way to go then.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Well…

Assuming you swap weapons to use two burst skill CDs, and hit every burst CD (it doesn’t say anything about actually needing Adrenaline), this trait as it stands would give +100% permanent endurance regen. That’s pretty huge. Even if you only use a burst skill every 10 seconds, that’s still a permanent half-vigor.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Shock Aura used to give 10s of Fury and Swiftness, it was changed to 5s because it was a bug. So yes, sometimes, bug correcting result in nerfs.

You think no one complains about condi warriors? you have a long way to go then.

The only condition build that uses it is terrible, anything else that uses it is zerker.

Well…

Assuming you swap weapons to use two burst skill CDs, and hit every burst CD (it doesn’t say anything about actually needing Adrenaline), this trait as it stands would give +100% permanent endurance regen. That’s pretty huge. Even if you only use a burst skill every 10 seconds, that’s still a permanent half-vigor.

So that’s why you see all these perma dodge Warriors….oh wait no one uses the trait but zerkers.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

The only condition build that uses it is terrible, anything else that uses it is zerker.

Well…

So that’s why you see all these perma dodge Warriors….oh wait no one uses the trait but zerkers.

I fail to see your point…I have seen good condi builds with that trait, and regardless of build all warriors are very strong thanks to healing signet + endure pain + berserker stance…so what, you can’t even correct bugs that are giving yet another advantage to an OP class? oO

in Profession Balance

Wethospu.6437

Well…

You need at least 10 strikes of Adrenaline before you can use a burst skill. Sure, you can get plenty of dodges that way (with good adrenaline source) but you also have hit with your burst skill.

Making it scale with spent adrenaline (as original poster proposed) would be a much better way to nerf it without making it pointless.

Other classes have stuff like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigorous_Precision which even require much smaller investment and are much simpler to use.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Well…

I fail to see your point…I have seen good condi builds with that trait, and regardless of build all warriors are very strong thanks to healing signet + endure pain + berserker stance…so what, you can’t even correct bugs that are giving yet another advantage to an OP class? oO

Amazing logic here, nerf everything Warriors have because of a few problem builds that don’t use whats being nerfed. The only condition build that uses it is giving up shouts which makes it a terrible terrible build and if that build was somehow overpowered then why nerf a zerker trait instead of something the build uses that zerkers don’t.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Well…

Amazing logic here, nerf everything Warriors have because of a few problem builds that don’t use whats being nerfed. The only condition build that uses it is giving up shouts which makes it a terrible terrible build and if that build was somehow overpowered then why nerf a zerker trait instead of something the build uses that zerkers don’t.

You speak of logic and yet :

- correct one bug = nerf everything -> legit !
- a few problem builds? almost all warriors run HS/ balanced stance / berserker stance/ endure pain…
-Condition builds without shouts can be good, too. Ever heard of http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distracting_Strikes ?

Regardless of build, the trait was strong. If you say power builds use it too, then it was even stronger. In any case, it was a bug, and it is a minor : it makes sense that it doesn’t do much.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Well…

You speak of logic and yet :

- correct one bug = nerf everything -> legit !
- a few problem builds? almost all warriors run HS/ balanced stance / berserker stance/ endure pain…
-Condition builds without shouts can be good, too. Ever heard of http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Distracting_Strikes ?

Regardless of build, the trait was strong. If you say power builds use it too, then it was even stronger. In any case, it was a bug, and it is a minor : it makes sense that it doesn’t do much.

That is the exact build I’m talking about, it isn’t any good. Deciding it was a bug because of a tooltip problem is ridiculous in this game that has had 100s of wrong tooltips since launch.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

It has many bugs too, it’s not exactly a decision. Sometimes the tooltip is wrong, sometimes the skill is bugged. I’d bet that there are more bugs than wrong tooltips.

If you think distracting strikes is not good then you don’t even know the class you’re defending. This brings the discussion to an end, I enjoyed the warrior fanboy tears.

(edited by Uhtameit.2413)

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

It has many bugs too, it’s not exactly a decision. Sometimes the tooltip is wrong, sometimes the skill is bugged. I’d bet that there are more bugs than wrong tooltips.

If you think distracting strikes is not good then you don’t even know the class you’re defending. This brings the discussion to an end, I enjoyed the warrior fanboy tears.

Distracting Strikes requires you to take CC that S/S LB completely lacks. The only source of CC they can get is main hand mace which is worse than sword in every way or taking Physical utilities which sacrifices utilities obviously.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Distracting Strikes requires you to take CC that S/S LB completely lacks. The only source of CC they can get is main hand mace which is worse than sword in every way or taking Physical utilities which sacrifices utilities obviously.

Mace/shield or mace/sword are good weapon sets too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Other classes have stuff like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigorous_Precision which even require much smaller investment and are much simpler to use.

The trait which is getting nerfed by half next patch because there’s too much dodging going on?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Not for a condition build, giving up Impale for it is kittened. Main hand mace is worse in every way with a condition build, if you have 20 in Strength you are losing Burst Mastery, Vigorous Shouts or Cleansing Ire.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Not for a condition build, giving up Impale for it is kittened. Main hand mace is worse in every way with a condition build, if you have 20 in Strength you are losing Burst Mastery, Vigorous Shouts or Cleansing Ire.

Impale is getting seriously nerfed next patch, it will be way easier to cleanse it. And to be honest some warriors make mace work, and mace/shield can be truly annoying in 1v1s. So yeah you lose some advantages and it is unconventional but I still think mace/shield can be decent and mace/sword can be good. If you manage to actually interrupt your ennemy you are going to pressure him so much.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Impale is getting seriously nerfed next patch, it will be way easier to cleanse it. And to be honest some warriors make mace work, and mace/shield can be truly annoying in 1v1s. So yeah you lose some advantages and it is unconventional but I still think mace/shield can be decent and mace/sword can be good. If you manage to actually interrupt your ennemy you are going to pressure him so much.

Impale is being nerfed but it will still be necessary for any condition build as long as its cast time and animation are so hard to read. A condition Shout Warrior will always be better in a 1 vs 1 anyways. Confusion stacking can make an automatic one on one win but it will be useless in any other number fight since none of it is AoE.

in Profession Balance

Wethospu.6437

The trait which is getting nerfed by half next patch because there’s too much dodging going on?

Half?

A trait which is already weaker and requires more investment loses 70%. If you want them equal it should get 30-60 seconds internal cooldown.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Half?

A trait which is already weaker and requires more investment loses 70%. If you want them equal it should get 30-60 seconds internal cooldown.

The guardian trait is nerfed.

The warrior trait is a bug getting corrected.

How is that complicated?

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Impale is being nerfed but it will still be necessary for any condition build as long as its cast time and animation are so hard to read. A condition Shout Warrior will always be better in a 1 vs 1 anyways. Confusion stacking can make an automatic one on one win but it will be useless in any other number fight since none of it is AoE.

Condition war is not the best build for team fights anyway. Regardless, my point was that the trait is largely used so that even if it was a nerf it would be somewhat justified because many people have it and it is strong. It’s not the case, though. It’s just a bug. Now if you want to create a thread to suggest to change it, I wish you luck.

in Profession Balance

Wethospu.6437

Half?

How is that complicated?

It’s amazing how easily some people get fooled just by different wording.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Condition war is not the best build for team fights anyway. Regardless, my point was that the trait is largely used so that even if it was a nerf it would be somewhat justified because many people have it and it is strong. It’s not the case, though. It’s just a bug. Now if you want to create a thread to suggest to change it, I wish you luck.

The kittening point is no one uses the kitten build ever so stop acting like they do, I see at least 50x more Elementalists than I do mace/sword longbow Strength Warriors. It isn’t a bug and its been this way since before launch.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Half?

How is that complicated?

It’s amazing how easily some people get fooled just by different wording.

Yeah, sure, the skill acting differently from what the tooltip says does not mean it’s bugged. It could have meant that it’s the tooltip that is wrong but I showed earlier that it isn’t so.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Funny whenever I play ele I 3 shot hambow warriors. How are you not doing it?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

The kittening point is no one uses the kitten build ever so stop acting like they do, I see at least 50x more Elementalists than I do mace/sword longbow Strength Warriors. It isn’t a bug and its been this way since before launch.

I’m not pretending there are people using it, I saw quite a few people using it. My experience is just as good as yours

Your last sentence is rather funny, if gw2 has a bug since launch then it’s not a bug? I like it ! You should go and explain that to ArenaNet, that would solve quite a few of their problems Seriously though, I explained earlier why this is a bug : 15 endurance is 15% endurance, not 50%. It is a minor, it’s not supposed to rock your world.

I know you would like more OPness for your warrior but surely with Healing Signet almost untouched, Berserker stance/Endure Pain entirely untouched you have still plenty of OPness to faceroll, can’t you deal with one bug being corrected?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Umm .. mace MH sucks. “Making it work” is a far cry from good.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

I’m not pretending there are people using it, I saw quite a few people using it. My experience is just as good as yours

Your last sentence is rather funny, if gw2 has a bug since launch then it’s not a bug? I like it ! You should go and explain that to ArenaNet, that would solve quite a few of their problems Seriously though, I explained earlier why this is a bug : 15 endurance is 15% endurance, not 50%. It is a minor, it’s not supposed to rock your world.

I know you would like more OPness for your warrior but surely with Healing Signet almost untouched, Berserker stance/Endure Pain entirely untouched you have still plenty of OPness to faceroll, can’t you deal with one bug being corrected?

I hardly even play Warrior and as I’ve said they’ve changed tooltips to match the actual effect many times. There exist far far far better minor traits in the game. Your experiences don’t matter if the only thing you play are duel servers or hotjoin. If you are talking from a WvW standpoint that is even worse since sword is 100000x better than main hand mace there again.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

I hardly even play Warrior and as I’ve said they’ve changed tooltips to match the actual effect many times. There exist far far far better minor traits in the game. Your experiences don’t matter if the only thing you play are duel servers or hotjoin. If you are talking from a WvW standpoint that is even worse since sword is 100000x better than main hand mace there again.

And there are far worse minor traits. It’s a shame, I know.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

How bout a response to the rest of my post.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

How bout a response to the rest of my post.

How about a response to mine? How about taking into account the fact that most minor traits suck and that it’s okay that the most OP class atm (which is going to benefit from the new sigils a LOT and thus will be even stronger) is seeing one of its bugged minor corrected? Yes, it results in a nerf but then again most minors are TERIBAD.

You simply want at all cost that :

1) everyone believes no one uses mace

2) that bug be considered as a wrong tooltip and that the tooltip should be fixed instead

1) is wrong and ArenaNet disagrees with you on the 2)

As I already said, if you want to suggest a way to change it in a new thread, you can do that. This is a QQ-thread about a supposed nerf which is actually a bug correcting.

You are pretty persistent for someone who doesn’t play warrior. Do you feel warrior needs help all that much that it can’t bear a bug correcting? and no, you won’t make anyone cry by saying that this is something that OP builds don’t use. These days all warriors are strong even if all they use is healing signet, and most of them go beyond that and include a few immunes in their build.

For the last time : bug correcting =/= nerf.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

Can you please stop acting like its a god kitten ed bug fix and not them using it as one for people like you to have an excuse as to why it needs a change at all. Boo hoo every class has bad minors so lets nerf all of the decent ones. I have to suffer every single day through Last Refuge screwing me in Spvp. You cannot talk about bad minor traits till you suffer through Last Refuge like I do. You really sound like a terribad if you have problems with non meta Warriors.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

It’s a bug fix, even the wiki reported the trait as being bugged.

It’s not ‘boohoo every class has bad minors so lets nerf all of the decent ones", it’s more like "boo hoo most minor traits are bad and this is a bug fix, not a nerf ". Glad I could help.

You suffer every single day through http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Refuge ? do you play WvW? most thieves in PvP play s/p or d/p with 10 30 0 0 30 and s/d thieves don’t have points in SA usually. Because really, WvW is not meant to be balanced or it wouldn’t have PvE gear.

Given that you repeated yourself, it does sound like are you literally suffering from Last Refuge. I am so very sorry for you.

When did I say I had issue with warriors? I said they were OP, which they are. You are getting very much frustrated and have been unconstructive from the start.

Again, I suggest you open a thread and offer ways to buff that minor, I’m sure ArenaNet will listen as they always do and will definitely buff warrior asap as it is in dire need of help.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

The wiki used to mark things as bugged that eventually had their tooltip changed to match the bug! How strange. I play solo queue with my bunker Thief and Last Refuge is purely negative for me so I demand they nerf every other minor to match what Last Refuge does to me. So non meta Warriors are OP now and they need to nerf the entire class then huh? ANet has the best bug fixers, fixing game changing bugs that take 4 keystrokes to fix in a year and a half.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

I agree with the OP that this is a poor change. It won’t affect hambow in any way whatsoever.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

I’d like to see some examples. For every bug I knew, the tool tip was changed, not the other way around.

That joke with bunker thief was so good I’m not going to comment on it. Even non meta warriors are strong because HS is OP, yes. And I didn’t say that you needed to nerf the whole class, I said that

1) most minors are teribad anyway
2) this is a bug fix
3) warriors are still strong without it and are getting buffed with the sigils next patch so it’s looking pretty good for warriors

Oh and yes, ArenaNet suck at fixing bugs. I don’t know about all classes, but Engineers and Elementalists still have quite a few bugs to fix (EA bugs if you AA before doing it, elixir related traits don’t apply on Super Elixir, the engineer trait I mentioned earlier don’t work on turret toolbelt skills, you can summon FGS underwater to no effect, Halting Strike can OS an ele for no apparent reason and so on and so forth).

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

The other bugs are not something fixed in seconds.

Healing Rain: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
Armor of Earth: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
Phoenix: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 5 seconds of vigor that this skill applies.

Phantasmal Warlock: Damage now matches the tooltip.
Phantasmal Duelist: Damage now matches the tooltip. Increased damage to match the lost damage from a previous bug fix.
Phantasmal Berserker: Damage now matches the tooltip.
Phantasmal Mage: Damage now matches the tooltip.

Phantasms damage should have been destroyed to match the tooltip.

Fear Me: Updated the tooltip to correctly state the range of the skill.
Fear Me should have required to be inside the target to get any fear at all.

Grasping Dead skill: Now lists the correct number of bleed stacks (3) in its tooltip.
Feast skill: Now lists the correct radius (600) in its tooltip.
Why does this not inflict one stack like promised. Why not 360 like it said?

Blurred Frenzy: Updated the duration tooltip to indicate the actual duration of the evasion.
Why didn’t they lower it by 1/2 a second like it said?

Tome of Courage: Pacifism: Daze duration has been increased to the 3 seconds listed in the tooltip.
B-but it did 2 seconds.

Winter’s Bite:. Fixed an issue so that it now chills for 3 seconds (as listed in the tooltip) instead of 2 seconds.
W-what?

Spike Trap: This skill’s tooltip now appropriately displays when Trapper’s Expertise is equipped. Updated the skill tooltips to include the immobilize condition that occurs.
You would think that immobilize added from only a trait that doesn’t mention it would be changed.

This was all from Update Notes – 8 September 2012 to present, weirdly this is the first time they’ve nerfed a trait because the tooltip said so besides what they are claiming with Spirit of Nature in this same patch.

Also the bunker Thief isn’t a joke, it’s all I’ve used in solo queue.

(edited by glaphen.5230)

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

This is the first time they’ve nerfed a trait because the tooltip said so? I’m unconvinced, half the updates you’re quoting could be nerfs too. For instance :

“Phantasmal Berserker: Damage now matches the tooltip.
Phantasmal Mage: Damage now matches the tooltip.”

Tooltip could be lower than actual damage.

And I don’t see any tooltip that was corrected because it was more effective by 300% in-game. Those are minor changes, I mean just look at

“Healing Rain: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
Armor of Earth: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
Phoenix: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 5 seconds of vigor that this skill applies.”

Do you really think the original duration was so much lower than what it was after correcting it? hell, those corrections could result in nerfs too, there’s no way to tell from that data.

And yes, that’s the difference between a bug and a wrong tooltip. It’s nice, now you’ll know the difference :‘). Btw you could try to put some stuff in bold, it’s very hard to read as is.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

Allow me to get that right, you play bunker with a THIEF that has points in SHADOW ARTS, which is a traitline to get stuff when you are in stealth. Is that correct?

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

This is the first time they’ve nerfed a trait because the tooltip said so? I’m unconvinced, half the updates you’re quoting could be nerfs too. For instance :

“Phantasmal Berserker: Damage now matches the tooltip.
Phantasmal Mage: Damage now matches the tooltip.”

Tooltip could be lower than actual damage. You mean like this trait? Gasp!

And I don’t see any tooltip that was corrected because it was more effective by 300% in-game. Those are minor changes, I mean just look at The Mesmer phantasms should do over 500% less according to the tooltip

“Healing Rain: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 6 seconds.
Phoenix: This skill’s tooltip now states the correct duration of 5 seconds of vigor that this skill applies.”

Do you really think the original duration was so much lower than what it was after correcting it? hell, those corrections could result in nerfs too, there’s no way to tell from that data. Originals were 9 for Healing Rain, 12 for Armor of Earth and 10 for Phoenix.

And yes, that’s the difference between a bug and a wrong tooltip. It’s nice, now you’ll know :’)

Allow me to get that right, you play bunker with a THIEF that has points in SHADOW ARTS, which is a traitline to get stuff when you are in stealth. Is that correct?

Shadow Arts has more than stealth traits.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

This is not any easier to read, just so you know.

Yes, when I say tooltip could be lower than actual damage, I mean it may result in a nerf such as the building momentum nerf. Therefore it’s not a one time thing, therefore you can’t really cry about it.

Don’t you think the mesmer would be just a little tiny bit UP if their phantasms did -500% damage? why are you comparing this (when it is obvious the tooltip is wrong otherwise the class would not be viable) to a minor that is too strong to be a 15 point minor (in which case it is obvious the effect is bugged)?

You seem to have issues understanding how logic works. Regardless, your posts are getting messier and messier so I’m gonna leave you QQ-ing on your own.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

This is not any easier to read, just so you know.

Yes, when I say tooltip could be lower than actual damage, I mean it may result in a nerf such as the building momentum nerf. Therefore it’s not a one time thing, therefore you can’t really cry about it.

Don’t you think the mesmer would be just a little tiny bit UP if their phantasms did -500% damage? why are you comparing this (when it is obvious the tooltip is wrong otherwise the class would not be viable) to a minor that is too strong to be a 15 point minor (in which case it is obvious the effect is bugged)?

You seem to have issues understanding how logic works. Regardless, your posts are getting messier and messier so I’m gonna leave you QQ-ing on your own.

Damage: 259
Tooltip damage is incorrect, damage should be ~146 per hit for a total damage of 292 to 876, with 584 being most common.

Yeah so a 500% nerf is gonna make it UP but over 300% is fine with you.

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

So you’re comparing the phantasms which represent roughly 30% to 50% of a mesmer damage to a minor trait ? Yes, 500% on one of the key points of the class mechanic is way more important than 300% on a minor.

The minor shouldn’t have had this effect in the first place, which is why it is getting corrected, you’ll get there. A minor is supposed to be, you know, minor ! getting a dodge on your burst skill sounds like a master major, if you ask me. If you want something to compare it with, look at the similar minor that engineer has : it’s an adept minor, but it’s only 10 endurance and you won’t use all your toolbelt skills very often anyway (some of them you’ll never use). So all in all, that the warrior minor gives 15 endurance makes sense.

As for SA, pretty funny that you would want a thief bunker but that you’d whine about your own choice of traits…xD not to mention the idea of a thief bunker is laughable for starters.

in Profession Balance

glaphen.5230

That 500% is only for Phantasmal Warlock so it isn’t the entire class, just like this isn’t the entire class, just builds that no one actually uses being made worse.

Really comparing a 5 point trait that gives 10 per skill with 4 skills that can have 10 second or less cooldowns and don’t require a hit in a line people use to a 15 point trait that requires the target to be hit with one of 2 skills that use the same resource in a line not used. Why not compare this trait to you know a healing skill being reset? Self revival skill having its cooldown reset is pretty terrible too.

I chose the trait line but I didn’t choose the minor that screws me.

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

It’s a bug fix, even the wiki reported the trait as being bugged.

It’s not ‘boohoo every class has bad minors so lets nerf all of the decent ones", it’s more like "boo hoo most minor traits are bad and this is a bug fix, not a nerf ". Glad I could help.

You suffer every single day through http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Last_Refuge ? do you play WvW? most thieves in PvP play s/p or d/p with 10 30 0 0 30 and s/d thieves don’t have points in SA usually. Because really, WvW is not meant to be balanced or it wouldn’t have PvE gear.

Given that you repeated yourself, it does sound like are you literally suffering from Last Refuge. I am so very sorry for you.

When did I say I had issue with warriors? I said they were OP, which they are. You are getting very much frustrated and have been unconstructive from the start.

Again, I suggest you open a thread and offer ways to buff that minor, I’m sure ArenaNet will listen as they always do and will definitely buff warrior asap as it is in dire need of help.

wiki maby says its giving 50% endurance back.. where it also says: endurance gained: 15

well full endurance is 30..
So the tooltip is right because you DO get 50% endurance back.. if it was a tooltip bug you wouldn’t get 15 (50%) endurance back.
If it did give only ~5 (15%) endurance back, well than it was a tooltip bug…
so now its both the tooltip AND the skill on its own where both bugged? and they needed 1,5 year to fix that?! in a terrible way..

I get that 15 (50%) is to much because you even get it on lvl 1 adrenaline. but make it so you get more if you spend more adrenaline..

in Profession Balance

Uhtameit.2413

wiki maby says its giving 50% endurance back.. where it also says: endurance gained: 15

well full endurance is 30..
So the tooltip is right because you DO get 50% endurance back.. if it was a tooltip bug you wouldn’t get 15 (50%) endurance back.
If it did give only ~5 (15%) endurance back, well than it was a tooltip bug…
so now its both the tooltip AND the skill on its own where both bugged? and they needed 1,5 year to fix that?! in a terrible way..

I get that 15 (50%) is to much because you even get it on lvl 1 adrenaline. but make it so you get more if you spend more adrenaline..

You quoted a message that wasn’t even adressing you. Please read this:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Building-momentum-another-sneaky-nerf/first#post3886980

Before spouting more nonsense. Full endurance is 100, and 15 is 15% (10 is also 10%, as that other endurance-related trait shows).