CDI Ele & ranger?

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

So now that the WVW season is finally over will Rangers and elementalists be getting the sweet tender love they deserve? Or have they pretty much said “The new traits were your CDI buffs”.

I only know very briefly about the topic and would like some clarification on it.

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Ranger already had its CDI…. we are still waiting for Ele’s one tho

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Has the CDI been implemented though? Discussion is nice and all but its not useful until its been used for actual changes.

I’m sure they are working on it, but I’d imagine until they’ve at least decided what and how they are changing rangers (and so are just working on tuning numbers here and there, or new visuals for something, basically just fine tuning), I wouldn’t expect a new CDI.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

The CDI changes I think will only be added around Q4 2014 and Q1 2015, an ele CDI will probably be the next one, but don’t expect any change until 2015.

Changes in classes takes a long time to develop and test, Anet always takes a very long time to make class changes.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Hanako.1827

The CDI changes I think will only be added around Q4 2014 and Q1 2015, an ele CDI will probably be the next one, but don’t expect any change until 2015.

Changes in classes takes a long time to develop and test, Anet always takes a very long time to make class changes.

That doesn’t make sense honestly. Why would the devs outright say they will make a certain class better if we just wait a year. That is in no way shape or form a reasonable time frame. Minimum should be at least 2 months.

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I dont think ele needs a lot at this point, mainly minor stuff. If anything, Ranger needs a second CDI.

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Hanako.1827

I dont think ele needs a lot at this point, mainly minor stuff. If anything, Ranger needs a second CDI.

I imagine this is a totally unbiased opinion from a probable ranger (an unbiased ranger of course)

baseline defensive definitely could do with some polishing up. And a lot of cool down redcution tweaks like RtL.

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Eles still need a massive trait overhaul, cooldown reductions and some baseline survivability. Also a change to useless abilities like Impale.

(edited by Axialbloom.8109)

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Eles still need a massive trait overhaul, cooldown reductions and some baseline survivability. Also a change to useless abilities like Impale.

And Churning Earth. And I still don’t understand why staves have the highest DPS in PvE on an ele, when the one consistent rule in this game is that melee>ranged in DPS.

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

It’s been pointed out that ArenaNet are too slow to iterate on balance (partly because they tie Balance in with other updates) and they say that they have listened. But we’ve yet to see any indication that they have. Balance is difficult and must be carefully judged, but the timescales ANet relies on are the reason the game has lost almost all of its e-Sports respect and community/fan sites for PvP are dying/closing almost monthly.

I really hope they can deliver before it’s too late. The turnaround from CDI (exception I can think of is the Dredge fractal, in the Fractals CDI, which they were quick to react to) to in-game action is already looking stretched.

(edited by dace.8019)

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Engineer definitely needs more work than Ele, though. I just hope that Ranger get massive buffs because they really deserve it.

… I still want tengu.

CDI Ele & ranger?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Now, now… Rangers don’t need massive buffs.

The Ranger needs modest buffs.

…Accomplished through a massive infusion of~

• Clear party role/contribution
  • Internal ability synergy
  • Pruning/combining trash abilities and correcting nonsensical skill placement
  • Untraited Pet combat reliability
  • …and maybe a total game-wide re-work of the assumptions underlying melee vs. ranged damage coefficients.

They don’t need to be that much stronger, they just need what they already have to WORK RIGHT.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.