Chill Affecting Attunement Swapping

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

In that case, change Arcane bonus to something else and make all attunement swaps to 10 second base seeing as all other classes have 10 second swaps.

You have 4 attunement.

Also, seeing as Attunement swap = weapon swap, we should be given 2 extra sigil slots because everyone else has them as well (minus Engineer)

Ok, 2 sigils on fire/water and 2 on air/earth.

I can assure you, it will be a nerf not a buff.

Your point being? The sigils still have the same cool down as they have for every other class. Like i said. Increase the sigil cool down by 1 second for Ele so that its every 10 seconds and then give us the 2 extra slots everyone else (bar engi) get.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

about the ‘break channeled skills upon attunement swap’ this wouldnt hurt d/d as much as u think but, it would destroy s/x eles… and there arent even many around…i play s/d sometimes in pvp when i am bored but, i cant imagine how i would be playing and bursting ppl down if channels would be broken on attunement swap..

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

Your point being? The sigils still have the same cool down as they have for every other class. Like i said. Increase the sigil cool down by 1 second for Ele so that its every 10 seconds and then give us the 2 extra slots everyone else (bar engi) get.

There is “little” difference bettwen ability to swap weapon and 2 extra sigils slot. You should now that.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

There is “little” difference bettwen ability to swap weapon and 2 extra sigils slot. You should now that.

You do know that we could have 100,000 Attunements it wouldn’t actually change anything. The Sigils proc all of 1 second faster, assuming you are in the right situation. What about Warrior, should they have the 5 second weapon swap trait removed? I mean they will proc more sigils more often than ANY other class.

So not only do we get 2 less sigils, we have to be the ONE class that suffers more than every other from ONE condition. Why is it that ONE condition reacts different based on the class you are…

in Profession Balance

pierwola.9602

12 sec CD on attunement don’t change the fact that you can swap sigils every 9 sec.

Maybe i have 4 sigils but for sure i cant use them all at the same time.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I know how about this:

Ele get:

1) Reduction on skill cool downs
2) Chill affect us the same as others
3) 2 extra sigil slots

Then we get:

1) Sigils have a 1second increased cool down for ele

That seem fair?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Personally, I think chill should effect all weapon swaps, initiative regeneration, and not effect movement rate at all. This would make it more congruent in value across the board, At the same time, it will reduce the overlap in functionality with cripples.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

12 sec CD on attunement don’t change the fact that you can swap sigils every 9 sec.

First of all it’s 13 seconds and secondly you can put two identical sigil sets into both of your weapon sets and have identical effect as an ele who has to put 6 trait points into arcana without the ‘benefits’ of chill.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

I dont know, balance ?

Could you describe the ways in which it causes some kind of balance issue? Because from my perspective attunement swapping is about as thoughtful and skillful as GW2 gets. Swapping to get Fury (which doesn’t last long) during a Fire Grab, or switching to Earth for traited stability during Ether Renewal: this one is very clearly intended by design and allows for precision timing. Why in the world would you take this away?

I’m honestly baffled by some of the things that have been said in this now awfully derailed thread.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

An Ele has too many ways to deal with conditions, OR be totally immune to them and ele can be just as difficult to hold down with conditions as a warrior if they want to build for it.

cleansing wave (x3 if traited)
cleansing water
diamond skin
evasive arcana
magnetic shield
cleansing fire
burning fire
ether renewal

and hell now that water trident gives regen, if you go 30 in water that removes conditions too.

You are ever only hard countered when you get out played, or you dont build to counter in the first place.

P.S.
Thanks to the might meta, you could go the classic 10-30-30 and still do great damage because of fury and the stupid amounts of might an ele can get, while also being tanky.

now, how many can you get into the same build?
Sure we have plenty of ways to deal with them if we build exactly right but you cant just list everything we have. You cant get most of that in the same build.

As for the 1/6/6/0/0 build that you mentioned that is NOT that great. You lose healing, You lose the benefit that comes with going into Arcane as well.

well, seeing as how you can have any given 2 in a weapon set depending on what you use, and then you can have 1 from utilities.

You can have up to 6
IF YOU WANT TO.

This is where this argument falls, you are essentially complaining about a condition that you can counter
IF YOU BUILD FOR IT.

If you don’t want to take condi cleanses OR use weapon skill’s that remove up to 3 conditions wisely you have no one but yourself to blame.

“But what if they load me up with conditions and I just swapped out of water?”
^You just got outplayed, plain and simple.

Conditions like chill shouldn’t be a problem for an ele.

Sorry I meant 0/0/10/30/30
The build I have been seeing for the past few weeks now -_-

But lets say you decide to do a 1/6/6/0/0
(condi-ele exist, though not the best build, it exist I saws it..)

You have diamond skin, and since I’m pretty sure you wont be using staff for this

You still have the ability to get
4 other skills that remove conditions

P.S. even in Earth you have a trait called Geomancers Freedom.

Add that to runes of Hoelbrak and you now reduce the duration of said conditions by an added 20%

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

for the eles, stop drop and roll trait, its one of the best traits, removes chill and burn on dodge roll, give ot another look, i use it and i am rly doing well w it

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

pierwola.9602

I dont know, balance ?

Could you describe the ways in which it causes some kind of balance issue? Because from my perspective attunement swapping is about as thoughtful and skillful as GW2 gets. Swapping to get Fury (which doesn’t last long) during a Fire Grab, or switching to Earth for traited stability during Ether Renewal: this one is very clearly intended by design and allows for precision timing. Why in the world would you take this away?

I’m honestly baffled by some of the things that have been said in this now awfully derailed thread.

So tell them to stop using “Attunement swap = weapon swap” as argument.

I know how about this:

Ele get:

1) Reduction on skill cool downs
2) Chill affect us the same as others
3) 2 extra sigil slots

Then we get:

1) Sigils have a 1second increased cool down for ele

That seem fair?

Are you kidding me. You cant have 4 sigils on 1 weapon set.

(edited by pierwola.9602)

in Profession Balance

shimmerless.4560

I dont know, balance ?

So tell them to stop using “Attunement swap = weapon swap” as argument.

Plenty of classes have effects granted on weapon swap. I fail to see your reasoning.

in Profession Balance

pierwola.9602

Plenty of classes have effects granted on weapon swap. I fail to see your reasoning.

But can they do this w/o breaking casting skills ? No they cant.

First of all it’s 13 seconds and secondly you can put two identical sigil sets into both of your weapon sets and have identical effect as an ele who has to put 6 trait points into arcana without the ‘benefits’ of chill.

And ? I still have only 2 sigils on 1 weapon set.

in Profession Balance

shimmerless.4560

But can they do this w/o breaking casting skills ? No they cant.

The classes are not supposed to be the same, and when I say that many classes gain benefits or effects on swap I mean that it’s a general rule.

Because X class can do Y, I should be able to do Y too is not a terribly convincing argument on its own. It is doubly so in this case because the developers clearly intended for Elementalists to use swap in tandem with their weapon skills (there is really no other reason for the 5 point Arcana minor otherwise).

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Why not? A warrior could proc 4 sigils in the same amount of time using a 3 point trait…

Why is it that only Ele and Engineer are singled out for such treatment. Bet you have no problems with Warrior being able to proc FOUR sigils in a 10-11 second period but oh no can’t have an ele or Engineer having such power.

Their are several ways they could go about this. They could even just added a 3rd Stacking sigil slot in the character screen for Ele and Engineers. Or let me guess having that would be too overpowered as well?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You can have battle/energy one both sets and be like ele without chill affecting your weapon swap cooldown. It’s relatively simple to achieve.

in Profession Balance

pierwola.9602

Why not? A warrior could proc 4 sigils in the same amount of time using a 3 point trait…

The classes are not supposed to be the same, and when I say that many classes gain benefits or effects on swap I mean that it’s a general rule.

Because X class can do Y, I should be able to do Y too is not a terribly convincing argument on its own.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

You just don’t see the difference between theoretical and practical application.

You state facts without thinking much about them.

Whatever you say, dear.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Good to know I left this conversation asap, this kitten has gotten no where.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”