Condis did something no power build can do.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

So you die on condi, so what. Oneshot from thief way worse because you cannot see it coming and cannot cleanse it with condition removal.

I don’t personally get one shotted by thieves.

But Impale kills you. ROFL

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

So you die on condi, so what. Oneshot from thief way worse because you cannot see it coming and cannot cleanse it with condition removal.

But Impale kills you. ROFL

No, Impale doesn’t kill me. I did a fun test while standing still and letting the condition tick off. It would have killed me. Just an interesting observation that I feel gives credence to the fact that conditions need some type of reform. You have terrible reading comprehension.

Try playing Ele on any speck. If both have maximased gear it will still be oneshot from thief to Ele. Ele even can wear power/toughness/vitality gear…still oneshot. Not to mentation the perma hide thiefs.

I lol’d at you asking me to play ele. Check my post history. I’m only an ele.

Something that I thought about the other day in this whole Condi v Power debate.

Many people say that condition players don’t have to sacrifice anything whereas the power players do sacrifice. A Power player gets a 916 stat headstart on a condition player. At 80 no traits no gear you have 916 power and 0 condition damage. That 916 power you start with effects how you build if you throw any defense gear on your build at all. Everyone has thresholds that they like for certain stats imagine your build -916 power. You would probably move some of your defense stat points toward power to compensate.

This is very interesting to note. It’s glaringly obvious, but frequently overlooked. I’m just wondering if even at full Condi dmg + toughness/vitality, they’re still doing the condi dmg of a near/half zerk power player. That’s a question. It’s something I don’t know. It sure feels like it.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

(edited by Mbelch.9028)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If you only play Ele and you’re terrified of being killed by only Impale, I don’t know what to tell you, since on its own, that skill should never kill you. Eles are garunteed to have at least one condition cleanse available (in fact, on a weapon skill, the only class that has this garuntee, I might add).

I recognize that Torment is very rarely the only condition that gets applied, but Impale on its own should never kill an ele.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

If you only play Ele and you’re terrified of being killed by only Impale, I don’t know what to tell you, since on its own, that skill should never kill you. Eles are garunteed to have at least one condition cleanse available (in fact, on a weapon skill, the only class that has this garuntee, I might add).

I recognize that Torment is very rarely the only condition that gets applied, but Impale on its own should never kill an ele.

When have I said I’m terrified of impale.. I swear some people can’t read.. It was a kittening test I did. I’ve died to conditions before, and it’ll happen again a hundred times. Same with power.

Eles specifically are more weak to conditions than other classes, however. Perhaps that’s why I see things differently than others in this thread, but don’t disrespect me by twisting my words for it.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

ya know.. I bet I could put caltrops under you and it would kill you quicker if you didn’t move.