Condition Damage Stat comparison

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I have taken the time to calculate on 2 examples, how different stats – namely condition duration and precision – in addition to condition damage effect the resulting damage. Keep in mind, that it does not involve full builds, nor does it calculate the average damage output of that particular build, but rather only focuses on a single attack mechanism.

The builds used follow a basic philosophy. Based on the examined attack mechanism they try to cause as many conditions as possible and then focus on a certain aspect like the combined effect of condition damage and precision.

I wanted to do this, to show that precision and condition duration in addition to condition damage effect the strength of a condition build. In turn the player has to give up some toughness or HP. The results are quite different for the examined professions.

To keep things simple, both builds use the same food. Please let me know, if you want some other comparisons, if you think there is a mistake or if you have suggestions on improving those.

Here is the link to the PDF: Click Me! (Edited Version, fixed 100% condition duration cap issue)

I’ll leave it to you guys to interpret the results. I had my own conclusions from that, but you can draw your own.

EDIT: All builds use ascended gear btw

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Are those calculations with the 100% duration cap? Because bleed is at 135% without lingering curse (which works outside the cap). So perhaps change agony for earth in the precision/condi/duration section and bursting in the damage/duration section.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I used http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/ for the calculations. I believed they use the cap. I count only 125%. However, changing it back to 100% condi duration, I get lower numbers on bleed there. So that cap is not incorporated in the editor apparently. I will adept the table table accordingly. Thx for the hint.

EDIT:
Fixed the issue, Except for the burning from engineer, no condition should exceed 100% condition duration, excluding lingering curses. The 13% additional burning duration over 100% should not matter that much. The point is still illustrated

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I also think your on crit bleeds are a bit of on the non duration builds. The links say around 300 damage.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Thanks for that good work. Obviously there so many variables that come into play when trying to measure this but the baseline numbers at least give people something to go on.

Yes it would be nice to see the same for other professions. The thief would be of most interests since of the classes it relies least on precision for crits and uses INI on skills that reapply stiff like torment.