Constant Nerfing of Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I personally like this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/27-Turret-Bugs-I-ve-lost-count/first

Net Turret: Decreased the immobilize duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds on the basic attack.

27 bugs and no fix but another nerf, why thank you very much. (that being said net turret was quite powerful, but its disappointing that nerfing takes precedent over fixes.)

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

that is what happens when everyone cries because they got killed from every lil thing like a bunch of preschoolers ….
this is op that is op everything is op !
lets all just do damage between 1-10 and have pillows for swords lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I personally like this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/27-Turret-Bugs-I-ve-lost-count/first

Net Turret: Decreased the immobilize duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds on the basic attack.

27 bugs and no fix but another nerf, why thank you very much. (that being said net turret was quite powerful, but its disappointing that nerfing takes precedent over fixes.)

i feel u.
well the mesmer has a big list of bugs(some of them gamebreaking, like iwarden) aswell and our nerf list goes on as long as yours.

and the sad part is, some of these bugs have been there since start of gw2.
please anet before nerfing, fix the bugs of professions,please!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

some of them gamebreaking, like iwarden

That’s hardly game breaking.
Game breaking is the Necro losing access to utilities on exiting death shroud, since you can’t heal or stun break for a good 2 seconds after.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Sorry, but your trivialization of something factually anything but trivial does not make it so herein reality. No – herein reality, iWarden is a phantasm, and as a phantasm, it exists as the big-hitter on any Mesmer weapon-set using a focus (as per the design of Mesmer weapon-skills). iWarden not attacking is very game-breaking for a Mesmer.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Profession Balance

Balefire.7592

Sorry, but your trivialization of something factually anything but trivial does not make it so herein reality. No – herein reality, iWarden is a phantasm, and as a phantasm, it exists as the big-hitter on any Mesmer weapon-set using a focus (as per the design of Mesmer weapon-skills). iWarden not attacking is very game-breaking for a Mesmer.

You can avoid dealing with this issue by building around it, though. I’m not saying it doesn’t suck – it definitely does, since it makes the Focus bad – but it does have some work arounds. I consider things to be game breaking when they are inevitable, so you’ll forgive me if I disagree.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

that is what happens when everyone cries because they got killed from every lil thing like a bunch of preschoolers ….
this is op that is op everything is op !
lets all just do damage between 1-10 and have pillows for swords lol

That’s a serious problem actually, but hardly unique to GW2. Every MMO features it, and it’s the reason why devs have to ignore most of the feedback, especially on the forums. Most devs go as far as to make it relatively clear that the forums are for player-to-player and dev-to-player communication, not player-to-dev.
GW2 is the first game where I see the devs actively ask for p2d feedback.

Anyhow, the point is that there are two types of situations in smallscale PvP like sPvP:

• You are massively skilled, and beat your overpowered opponent with the cheese spec due to your superior ability.
  • The enemy needs a nerf.

In the end, it does really come down to that. It’s understandable, too. Especially because in a perfectly balanced game we’d lose 50% of the time, yet that actually will appear to be “the majority” to our minds (ìf nothing else, SC2 really showed this).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

PU mesmer is OP. You guys have little to worry about compared to rangers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

There are numerous builds that utilise PU. Be specific which one is OP and what’s OP about it, please.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

You can avoid dealing with this issue by building around it, though. I’m not saying it doesn’t suck – it definitely does, since it makes the Focus bad – but it does have some work arounds. I consider things to be game breaking when they are inevitable, so you’ll forgive me if I disagree.

You can avoid the Death Shroud issue by not using Death Shroud; Mesmers using Phantasm builds don’t really use Shatter skills.

Your argument works both ways: “X is broken, so don’t use it.”

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Rangers are OP.
Easy to prove:

• Rangers have spirits. Mesmers don’t.
  • Rangers have a 10s water field for AE healing in boss fights / zerg fights. Mesmers don’t.
  • Rangers have a bear. Mesmer’s don’t.

How you can say that Rangers are weaker than Mesmers is beyond me.

(Hint: Class envy gets you nowhere if you want to talk balance, class design does)

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Well, we got some buffs too. Now i sometimes equip a mantra for example.
Mesmer still lacks many things. Weak condi removal, bad out of combat movement very few options getting boons, aside from a still useless mantra no utility that deals damage.
The PU change created a cheap trick that’s too easy to play and too effectiv against inexperienced player while others will just ignore most PU users.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

I think most of our issues are quirky / broken / buggy traits and abilities, though. If everything worked in a sensible manner and as it says on the tin, then we’d be quite alright.

And I don’t mind the slow out of combat movement or the comparatively weak condition removal at all. Downsides. I mean, I can always swap in a focus, that’s how Guardians do it with their staff, too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Rangers are OP.
Easy to prove:

• Rangers have a 10s water field for AE healing in boss fights / zerg fights. Mesmers don’t.

(Hint: Class envy gets you nowhere if you want to talk balance, class design does)

• Mesmers have 10x more damage then Rangers.
  • Mesmers wreck rangers at duels in both WvW and SPvP.
  • Mesmers can remove boons rangers can’t.
  • Mesmers have been the King of 1v1 from day dot and still are ranger have been at the bottom.

(Hint: Class stupidity gets you nowhere so don’t talk about balance when your clueless.)

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Rangers are OP.
Easy to prove:

• Mesmers have been the King of 1v1 from day dot and still are ranger have been at the bottom.

(Hint: Class stupidity gets you nowhere so don’t talk about balance when your clueless.)

Strange, I have no problem winning against mesmer in spvp on my ranger. Right now I prefer to play ranger in spvp over mesmer.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

I like how you used class envy in the end. You really didn’t get the point, right? If Rangers are too weak in WvW and partially in PvE – which seems to be the case – then why are they? And without mentioning mesmers. Or any other class. Why are they designed badly in that regard, which specific aspects, and why does it make an impact?

Class envy is a silly way to design, because it leads to homogenization. Ignore the other 7 classes, make yourself awesome to play assuming everyone was a ranger. Find situational overpoweredness later, once you did that for all 8 classes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

and the sad part is, some of these bugs have been there since start of gw2.
please anet before nerfing, fix the bugs of professions,please!

No.

There are professions who are struggling in one field or another, or several, get a list of rather slashing nerfs. 30% of this, 40% of that, highly restrict this.
But the profession thats actually doing good, great even, in every single gamemode. Gets only minor nerfs, and the promise of compensation!

Entire professions are getting nerfed, across all gamemodes, based entirely on the highly-specialized niche build that litterally only works in conquest mode and no where else.

The sad thing is, the devs that are suppose to be doing the balance and fixes are doing a really bad job. And have for the longest time been out of touch with their own game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

Rangers are OP.
Easy to prove:

Them poor rangers, they need a buff. That’s why Supcutie was forced to play spirit ranger last tourny for his team instead of his mesmer.. Btw what does 1v1 and dueling have to do with anything? A shatter mesmer does NOT wreck a spirit ranger with spirit of nature up, especially if their using drakehound or wolf. And if your talking duel specs then you can go beastmaster and kitten a mesmer.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in Profession Balance

selan.8354

Rangers are OP.
Easy to prove:

u are talking 1v1 here. so
spirit rangers wrecked everyone so rangers havent always been bottomline
10times more dmg is nonsense. check the numbers again
yes, u dont have boon removals but we cant root people we got barely any access to stability, u got http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rampage_As_One and could trait for it and there is many thing u have and we dont.
mesmers wreck rangers? not really. i got killed by many skilled rangers in spvp.

so right now u are just blind raging about the mesmer and its not even based on true facts and way over exaggerated. look i agree with ranger needing a buff, i know rangers are in a terrible spot in wvw too, but attacking mesmers for adressing there issues with their class(veilbot duty in wvw is really not fun), is not gonna get u the buffs for your class.
yes the pet issue is huge in wvw raids and yes rangers are kinda a no no for organized guilds, but believe me if it wasnt for veil, mes would be right down there with u. if veil was nerfed, no guild would say hey wee need a mesmer.

u might say now:but u got nullfield
erm nercor well of corruption says hi

u wanna say but u got portal.
erm u really only use portal for golems in wvw. portalbombs will get your entire guild killed in higher tiers

u wanna say well u got feedback, its aoe:
feedback reflecting what exactly? the earthshaker spam? the warraior sword auto attacks?the ele meteorshowers? well truth is, ther is barely any projectiles, because there are no rangers

u wanna say tw?
well yeah tw is good, but the cooldown is ridiculous. and u can live without it easily.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Balefire.7592

You can avoid the Death Shroud issue by not using Death Shroud; Mesmers using Phantasm builds don’t really use Shatter skills.

Your argument works both ways: “X is broken, so don’t use it.”

If you think a single, optional weapon skill is as vital to the Mesmer as Death Shroud, a primary defensive mechanic, is to the Necro, then I’m not sure what to tell you.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

This topic is not about rangers. Feel free to create a topic regarding rangers, if you feel there is a need for one.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

ANET did it again by auto shattering illusion when the target goes invi….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Does that trigger on-death traits? In which case that’s a serious buff versus thieves.

in Profession Balance

selan.8354

Does that trigger on-death traits? In which case that’s a serious buff versus thieves.

mo it doesnt they just dissappear like they do when the fight is over and this is actually a major nerf vs thieves. we got no defense or offense now vs thieves. im not even gonna try to go into spvp as this is so gamebreaking for me

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Warrior/Dp Thief/Spite Necro come close but I dont think Ive played anything quite as brokenly OP as a PU Mesmer. The main culprits are the ability to stack the best boons (Aegis/Regen/Prot) plus the insane pressure of scepter #2 and the pistol phantasm..

in Profession Balance

selan.8354

Warrior/Dp Thief/Spite Necro come close but I dont think Ive played anything quite as brokenly OP as a PU Mesmer. The main culprits are the ability to stack the best boons (Aegis/Regen/Prot) plus the insane pressure of scepter #2 and the pistol phantasm..

insane pressure from scepter? since when? scepter is suuuper slow. pistol phantasm is great though but with the current bug mesmer is completely useles vs everything, so i guess your mesmer problem has been solved!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

roamzero.9486

insane pressure from scepter? since when? scepter is suuuper slow. pistol phantasm is great though but with the current bug mesmer is completely useles vs everything, so i guess your mesmer problem has been solved!

With decked out gear the torment on scepter #2 does over 12k damage, and can be easily applied (especially on an Asura) every 8s.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

With decked out gear the torment on scepter #2 does over 12k damage, and can be easily applied (especially on an Asura) every 8s.

Against a single target. Plus 12k damage every 8s is low enough to get you removed in most situations except 1v1, because you’re not contributing.

But really the problem is that PU is really good at a fight format which no sane enemy would ever commit to. Why fight fair? I mean, as long as you can help it. If someone attacks me alone while I’m in a PU setup, I have two issues with that:

• Why did they attack me alone, instead of bringing a few friends and making the fight a guaranteed victory?
  • Why am I playing that spec in the first place, given the above? Most of my enemies are smarter than to 1v1.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s entirely dependent on you attacking the Mesmer when he’s blocking and it’s also entirely dependent on the Mesmer landing the counter-attack. This is probably why it hits so hard. If you instantly cleanse the torment stack, much of a condi Mesmers dps is immediately nullified (especially if they’re not using pistol).

I find Impale to be a much deadlier skill. A 900 range projectile on a 15 second CD that causes 2-5 stacks of torment over 12 seconds (17 with just the food duration buff) that cannot be completely cleansed (torment does not stop stacking until the Warrior rips the sword out of you) is a horrible skill to be hit with. The Warrior can happily be in full dire too as they have a reliable bleed source outside of their on-crit trait, so it’s a pretty awful thing to fight.

I do agree that PU is too strong at the moment. But honestly, it won’t be nerfed as it has fairly little influence in sPvP. I think other classes are going to need some substantial nerfs, before PU becomes OP in sPvP.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If im not mistaken. Everyone thinks their favourite class is nerfed the most. Bias is op.

in Profession Balance

roamzero.9486

It’s entirely dependent on you attacking the Mesmer when he’s blocking and it’s also entirely dependent on the Mesmer landing the counter-attack.

There is only a split second to dodge the attack once it triggers. An enemy doesn’t even need to be focusing on you to use it, just walk into his cleave/aoe (for example, if you see a hambow’s fire field just walk into it and press#2, 90% of the time it will connect). If PU’s Opness was entirely restricted to 1v1 it wouldn’t be so bad but it extends into 1vX’s (though in sPvP stealthing takes you out of capping/preventing caps, the only thing holding PU back really).

But small scale battles, 1v1-3v3etc are incredibly fun and I hope Anet does more to enable that kind of combat and deals with the builds I mentioned accordingly. Too much of the game glorifies zerging and spam, but I digress.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

If PU’s Opness was entirely restricted to 1v1 it wouldn’t be so bad but it extends into 1vX’s (though in sPvP stealthing takes you out of capping/preventing caps, the only thing holding PU back really).

Not true, what holds it back in sPVP is good players who don’t kill the mesmers clones, don’t attack the scepter 2 block and know how to condi cleanse, which takes away any spike damage PU has.
The only reason you would take a mesmer over a thief as a roamer is boon removal which PU doesn’t have.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Nice, with the latest patch now illusions die when your opponent stealths.

There goes the vast majority of offense and defense a Mesmer has whenever your enemy disappears in a puff of smoke, thereby rendering the Mesmer into a sitting duck.

GG Anet.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Glad I stopped playing my Mesmer over the last month or so.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Sooo… should i be looking forward to taking my mesmer off the shelf any time soon?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

it doesnt really. i play gs mes in zergs and it mostly hits 1 target. u are lucky if it hits 2-3 targets.

thats because you are targeting someone not bunched up in the melee train. i feel you from an aa standpoint, being a necro. we have good utility and ds aoe. said observation has convinced me that mesmers need good aoe on utility bar.

I’m fine with them getting an AOE, but they need a corresponding nerf to their 1v1 abilities. A mesmer who loses a 1v1 should be embarrassed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

I love how people think Mesmers are godmode in 1v1.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

If they nerf decoy, blink, DE, weapon staff or mass invis i will leave this game.
Mesmer has so many useless ulities, i cant understand the nerfs in the past.

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

If they nerf decoy, blink, DE, weapon staff or mass invis i will leave this game.
Mesmer has so many useless ulities, i cant understand the nerfs in the past.

Too many people care too much about 1v1. That’s our plight as Mesmers. Since I enjoy playing the underdog, I really hope we do get nerfs. With any luck, the more 1v1 things get nerfed, the less 1v1 players remain and the more the game can actually be balanced in the future.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Mesmers and warriors are seen as the two strongest profs in the game right now. You only have to look around on the forums and in-game to see this. I swear all these people saying mesmers aren’t good or need buffs are trolling hard.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: johnnyg.3186

johnnyg.3186

The mesmer profession has ten serious bugs that each need to be corrected to return our mesmer class to that’s viable in multiple builds without being hamstrung by software that in our case just doesn’t work as intended and severely limits our options when engaging opponents.

The purple army will not be silenced.

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Well, not bad mesmers, but anyone who is at least average is godmode.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Well, not bad mesmers, but anyone who is at least average is godmode.

Mesmers are only godmode against average players , not so much vs players who know what they are doing.
I don’t find mesmers godmode at the very least as engi, quite the opposite actully. Sure if they counter utility me just for the sake of 1v1 then fine whatever. But so can thieves.. just counter utility and run s/d and you will be far more “godmode” in 1v1 and actully still useful in team play compared to a PU condi mesmer(only real sort of “godmode” build in 1v1, if people fight back)

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

annnd now vigor on crits is being nerfed which also affects our friend guardian~

Why?

Simple. Cuz Rangers and Thieves can evade spam.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

annnd now vigor on crits is being nerfed which also affects our friend guardian~

Why?

Hey, we already had our passive endurance nerfed. Don’t complain, the signs were there that the vigor on crits would be the next thing they hit.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Why?

Hey, we already had our passive endurance nerfed. Don’t complain, the signs were there that the vigor on crits would be the next thing they hit.

I’m sorry. Blurred Frenzy and Distortion come no where close to the level of evade a ranger can get without blowing energy. 3 doges on short cool downs with one weapon set alone? Ranger never needed a passive, especially not passive + fairly easy access to vigor.

and thief?… lol I don’t even need to say anything that should just be obvious.

sure the nerf isn’t even that big of a deal but where do you think all the evade spam in the game comes from that is the cause of this nerf? Guardians? Mesmers? LOL It may seem that way against less skilled players who get out played by blurred frenzy, or baited by a guardian’s aeigs.

yet these two classes get a vigor nerf and thieves and rangers can keep using their on demand evade spam?

The other sucky part specifically for mesmer is that it means they cannot shatter as much unless they reduce clone summoning skill cool downs.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Mesmers are OP. Keep the nerfs coming. Clones are doing to much DPS and clones are far too spammable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Mesmers are OP. Keep the nerfs coming. Clones are doing to much DPS and clones are far too spammable.

Really? clones do barely any dps at all.

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Profession Balance

selan.8354

u know nothing about mesmers then. believe me id rather have an option to work without clones. id rather have aoe instead of ai, but illusions are in every weapon in every build and part of the mesmer. unless anet revamps the mesmer u wont see clones and hantasms dissapear.
btw as u seem to have no clue about our class
clones:hit u for like 30 and can inflic bleeding
phantasms: hit u hard according to your power

big difference

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

The clone change would have been really good, I was looking forward to it.

Better for skilled play, keeping phantasms alive and improving deception. Too many Mesmers seem to believe deceptive evasion made them harder to spot, when in reality it gives them away.

I’m disappointed the forums got their way on this one.

I’ll be glad when playing other classes though, would have made skilled mesmers stronger.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)