Crit Damage Nerf may be a Buff?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I Know this isnt profesion balancing but I felt this was the best place to talk about this…. We dont know what anet has planed in the next few weeks/months, but maybe the crit nerf isnt just to balance the dps, it could be to balance what is Coming up in the future, Think about this.

Runes and Sigil are getting changed/buffed and becoming more useful 2 sigils for 2h weapons and better use of sigils.

Lets look at this. if I miss anything or got my facts wrong PLEASE correct me and not troll me).

Sigils:
1) More Useful and better ones
2) 2 sigils for 2h weapons
3) No sigil cooldown sharing (Fire and Electric and Proc together)
4) Some are getting a boost
5) In live stream said 100% chance to Proc (not a chance on a chance)

Idea!, sigils boost may give a slight boost in DPS, have extra damage from more sigils and able to Proc more of them more often and with runes being reworked it may just had added to much damage, with the idea of Crit Damage being a stats number insteal of % based gicing more options to just not Armors but Sigils and Runes also.

Example: Sigil of Blood and Fire, on 1 weapon set.

Blood Procs stealing 500HP (if you can steal 500hp that is) Does 500damage and you heal 500hp. Every 2sec Fire AoE burst Every 5sec You are now getting both of these to Always proc and proc together instead of sharing 1 CD.

There are many more deadlier Sigil combos and someone will figure out the best 4 sigil combo.

Im basically saying with Runes/Sigils changes and updates and the possibility of more combos we may not even see that much of a difference in dps than most of us think.

Just my $0.02

SAB or RIOT

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

I think that it won’t be damage nerf, but it will make defensive stats more viable, because if critical damage will give you less than “power / precision / toughness” for example or the new “power / precision / healing power” might be really cool additions. You won’t loose that much damage and gain more sustain.

I just hope that devs will not ruin Celestial, because if they just crit damage to the same amount as other stats, it will be the set that will loose the most (and it’s not the strongest set atm). If they buff other stats in the Celestial set, then it looks like a really cool update for me.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

It will be a buff, yes.

To condition builds.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

It will be a buff, yes.

To condition builds.

This^

You will be required to slot a damage sigil or rune to offset the loss in net DPS.

Because there will be a loss otherwise.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

It will be a buff, yes.

To condition builds.

Yup always conidtions build buff patch after patch

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

People think that crit proc sigils will be so over the top, but they’re gonna be severely nerfed. Using a flame sigil it is possible to crit for around 2k, and air sigil is like ~1k. they also said they will be changing them to crit 100% of the time on crit, and then have a cooldown. so..

either a) they will get a long (30-60 sec cd) or b) damage will be greatly reduced with a 9 second icd.

they are only changing the way sigils work, not buffing them.

CD

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

I think that it won’t be damage nerf, but it will make defensive stats more viable, because if critical damage will give you less than “power / precision / toughness” for example or the new “power / precision / healing power” might be really cool additions. You won’t loose that much damage and gain more sustain.

How should useless defensive stats suddenly become viable by nerfing crit damage? They don’t.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

People think that crit proc sigils will be so over the top, but they’re gonna be severely nerfed. Using a flame sigil it is possible to crit for around 2k, and air sigil is like ~1k. they also said they will be changing them to crit 100% of the time on crit, and then have a cooldown. so..

either a) they will get a long (30-60 sec cd) or b) damage will be greatly reduced with a 9 second icd.

That is indeed very likely to happen. Sigil of fire + Sigil of Air would mean about 3k extra damage per proc (both of them together). This proc can occur on ANY crit, even if it came from a very plain skill, like the autoattack for example. Now adding it up we’d be seeing upwards of 5-6k damage with 1 hit that is → impossible to anticipate and therefore impossible to “skillfully deal with”; I may even go so far to say that this is “impossible to deal with in its current state”.
The result will be in these Sigils beeing hit hard, probably both in damage aswell as in cooldown.
After all the change which may have aimed in creating more variety for Sigils will result in less actual variety. But that’s what you get when you let so much power creep in in the first place.

RIP game 2012-2014

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

How should useless defensive stats suddenly become viable by nerfing crit damage? They don’t.

Instead of me dealing 10x the damage a “tank” deals I will now only deal 9x the damage he deals, thats a huge increase in viability…. oh wait.
There are way too many players out there that want gw2 be like wow, with the old trinity of tank h…. you know the rest, instead of the stuff that the devs actually wanted to see, beeing damage, control and support (IN ONE PERSON). None of those benefits from wearing “tanky” gear. Tanky gear is riding with training wheels, you are just not yet able to take them off. Instead of pledging for their weapons to be buffed, traitlines to be reworked (so you get almost equal damage no matter what traitline you invest in), they prefer to whine about how they want their tank gear to have a purpose. Seriously, go play WoW if you want to tank.

RIP game 2012-2014

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

except condi builds get buffed too through sigil, under the line it is major nerf for direct dmg crit builds vs condi tanks

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Last time I checked Sigil of Air deals more damage than Sigil of Fire (because Fire is AoE) and it’s only around 200~300 difference (Air hits for ~1200 damage while Fire hits for ~1000 damage on PVP dummies).

It will be a buff to condi builds because it is already hard for power builds to burst condi builds with how tanky they already are as of now. Power builds getting bursted by another Power build will survive a little longer now though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I would guess that it will be 100% chance but with 10second or so cool down. I dont see them giving Sigils 30seconds cool down because who would use them with that sort of cool down? Either that or the damage done by things like Sigil of Fire and Air would have to be reduced.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

It’s funny that the players can see the disaster train coming down the track and the devs are going to do it anyway. From the thief perspective:

This wont change the PvE Meta, zerker will still be the max damage set and everyone will still use it. If one assumes they are trying to change this then – lol.

This will make the Condi imbalance in small scale WvW worse. This will cure one large QQ in that power thieves will be much weaker D/x thieves – much weaker. This will lead to more P/D condi/perplex thieves – is this what you want?

I don’t sPvP much so I will leave that to others.

Valkyrie – good bye. If you had Valk gear your damage just got much worse, more people will be condi tanks so your acceptable targets just went down a lot (back to condi P/D troll thief with Perplex and Dire).

I am fine with the change, if that is what they want, but I will really want an ascended gear swap option for Valk and Zerk stuff. It took me forever to get my gear. I can’t see myself doing it again. No rage quit but a lose interest quit most likely.

Maybe I’m wrong, but Anet has a certain track record of Fail. We’ll see.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

We dont know what is done the pipe line yet, no one said that sigils are getting nerf in Cooldowns, heck they might all have 5sec CD’s or 10sec, I cont see 30-60sec cool downs thats just unreal.

Condition meta will basically be the same IMO, a few % lost in pve wont change anything, they said pvp crit damage will remain the same so dont worry about that, and as for wvw, its 10% less crit damage, not ever all damage so your caval and valky gear will still be useful for what it is made for (wvw thief BS roaming wont change, just will take 1 extra dagger hit to kill you opponent than before).

SAB or RIOT

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

This.

And I have a strong feeling they’ll roll out the stack based sigil fix so you’ll lose your 25 stacks when you unequip the weapon.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

I’m curious to know if making toughness mitigate a portion of critical damage would be a better change.

I’m not really understanding why they’re adding a new stat when, of crit damage is out of control, they could just add a cap to it outside PvP and have a better if not more balanced result without giving power builds another nerf.

With my main being a power necro and our power builds already being subpae compared to other classes this just makes me want to /wrists.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

It will be a buff, yes.

To condition builds.

This^

You will be required to slot a damage sigil or rune to offset the loss in net DPS.

Because there will be a loss otherwise.

Thats what I was planning on doing to offset the DPS loss.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.