Crit Reduction Stat

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Q:

How do players feel about a crit reduction stat. You see this in other MMOs in various forms. It’s essentially a PvP type of stat that reduces the opponents crit chance or crit damage boost.

It’s a counter to stacking high precision and +crit damage.

We have an equivalent in the game right now which is “reduced condition duration”. That stat is a counter to stacking +condi dmg and +condi duration.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tsaerid.5084

Tsaerid.5084

Condition spam is dominant in pvp at the moment, nerfing direct damage will indirectly buff it making things even worse.

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Condition spam is dominant in pvp at the moment, nerfing direct damage will indirectly buff it making things even worse.

CC spam is dominant and condition builds are on the decline. I suggest you keep current if you post things like this.

That said, there is no reason to add a “crit reduction stat”. That’s what Toughness is for.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

pvp/wvw is flooded with condi tanks and warriors… crit dmg is already getting nerfed with ferocity change…

there is thing like weakness that already makes direct dmg worthless + direct dmg gets affected by toughness while condi dmg isn’t

it doesn’t look like direct dmg is doing so great atm in comparison anyway…. more nerfs is just uncalled for

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

NO.

WoW did this with resilience, as did other MMOs, and it was an utter failure in all of them. So much so that it’s no longer a stat and is inherent in PvP combat. It’s also not needed in GW2 because ANet was smarter about this and made critical hits only 150% base instead of 200% base, and you can’t easily get high critical chances without conditions or susceptible to dying in two hits. In addition, an anti-critical stat would severely hinder the GW2 mantra that gear you get in one aspect of the game can be used in all of the game. You aren’t required to have PvP gear in order to PvP, etc.

Your argument of condition duration reduction isn’t a good one. Outside of overly powerful food in WvW, it’s limited to small reductions in specific rune sets and traits which usually are targeted toward specific conditions.

If this is a complaint about ferocity changes incoming to WvW, oh well. Crit Damage being overbudget in PvE/WvW has been a problem since people realized it in the first month of the game. You can’t do a good job of balancing around out of control gear scaling.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Besides, the Ferocity change won’t affect PvP gear at all (perhaps Celestial amulet/jewel gets buffed, though). Yes, the stat will be “Ferocity” instead of “Crit Damage”, but the multiplier will be the same.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

You all seem to be forgetting that crits are more than just extra damage. Most high-crit builds proc conditions, boons, and other effects on crit. Currently the defender has no way to counter these.

That said, I would prefer a boon over an attribute for this function.

I should be writing.

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Other games needed something like this because they were balanced for PVE initially, and so PVP became a gankfest of massive bursts.

GW2 on the other hand is balanced for PVP.

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Other games needed something like this because they were balanced for PVE initially, and so PVP became a gankfest of massive bursts.

Can you say that with a straight face?

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

CC spam is dominant and condition builds are on the decline. I suggest you keep current if you post things like this.

That said, there is no reason to add a “crit reduction stat”. That’s what Toughness is for.

If they made armor cosmetic only and made every professions armor / toughness level the same as a Warriors, I’d be happy.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Forgetting of course that pretty much all a warrior has is their health pool, regen, armour and burst mitigation on long-ish cooldowns. No frequent blinds, teleports, protection, etc.

Just a footnote because I’ve seen it argued before … flipping a random condition into protection is not “access to protection” it’s called luck.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

(edited by Chaosbroker.3860)

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Definitely not,

Bunkers are already prevalent enough. They don’t need to become even harder to kill.

Conditions don’t need an indirect buff either.

In fact I find that a Power build vs. Power build fight is about the only fight in this game that feels balanced, skillful and fun. Everything else is just cheesey.

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

I Wonder if pet will benefit from a +300 ferocity bonus for ranger when traited in BM :P

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Crit Reduction Stat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Can you say that with a straight face?

While ANet has messed about over the year, their balance focus is still squarely on (s)PVP. Most of the time if a balance complaint was raised in the SPVP forum, a dev would pounce shortly after. Raise it in general discussion (the closest we have to a general PVE forum) or the relevant profession forum, and at best you would get some attention from a forum mod after violating some rule or other.