Design a trait/utility/elite

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I had another thread like this but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. So… anyways.

Make a trait, utility skill or an elite. Keep it within reasonable balance ( ie no I Win: You die), but otherwise throw all you got out here!

Elementalist utility: Signet of Arcane Might

Passive: increase your Power (180 at level 80).
Active: recharge all attunements.

Mesmer GM trait: Phantasmal Expansion (because we can’t get a real expansion)

Increases maximum number of illusions to 4.

Thief GM trait: Zero Evidence

You cannot directly inflict conditions. Inflict extra direct damage instead when you would have inflicted condition(s).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: torukmakto.3412

torukmakto.3412

Ranger Elite Shout
Hunters Call: Call the remaining pets of the same family as your Active pet out. 120 duration, 160 CD.

Ranger Beast Master trait
Adapt Trait:
Lick Wounds: Conditions on pets expire 50% faster

Major Trait:
Survival Instinct: Pets no Longer take damage from Direct Dmg, reduce attack output to 1, Increase duration of boons/Condition to 75%

Grand Master Trait:
Fight as One: Pets Stats points is shared with the Ranger.

(edited by torukmakto.3412)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Luche Lenardon.4951

Luche Lenardon.4951

I mostly have some ideas for Ranger, because I only start the game quite recently

Ranger Major Trait : Reflex Training
Pet gain 3/4 sec evasion when you dodge roll.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I mostly have some ideas for Ranger, because I only start the game quite recently

Ranger Major Trait : Reflex Training
Pet gain 3/4 sec evasion when you dodge roll.

Companion’s Defense should just be changed to this

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

^Or they can simply tack the evade on F3 along with a cooldown.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kaizok.7839

Kaizok.7839

Nice !
I try !

Ranger :
Master trait in Wilderness Survival ->
Chameleon Mode : Obtains a camouflage for you and your pet after 5 seconds out of combat. You become visible if you move or use a skill. The foes in a 100 radius can discern you a little.

Necro :
Utility Skill ->
Exchange of life : Uses a part of your life force for exchanging your amount of health with an ally. You cannot do the exchange if your life is below (in %) that of your ally or if you have much more conditions than him.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Available to all classes.

A WvW only Utility Skill. Blob Bomb.

Damage would scale in damage according to the number of people in the vacinity of its detonation. Just as an example:

Blob Bomb. Cast time 1 sec. Recharge 40 sec. Fire a Blob Bomb at target area. Damage scales with the number of enemies in the target area.

The damage would scale so that it would be usless against one person and scale up so that if 70 people are all stacked on top of each other they would take massive damage. (Anet would need to figure out the exact amout of scaling).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Mesmer

House of Glass – Elite
Hex target area to make enemies unable to perceive danger properly. Targets will not only see health loss and conditions on themselves or friendly targets with some delay, and effects depending on health loss will not trigger at all until House of Glass ends.
Affects: conditions, lost health
Number of targets: 5
Cannot stack
Duration: 8-20 seconds, depending on enemies affected

Note: There would be a distinctive visual to indicate to targets that something is wrong with the way they see things.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Thief, Elite:
Assassin’s Mark – Inflict the target with x5 vulnerability (4s) every 2 seconds. 10s duration, 1s cast time, 600 range, 60s cd, unblockable.

- Wanted it to be difficult to cleanse, same style as warriors impale but more in an elite fashion; not instantly full effect, and the effect to be increasable by adding +25% condition duration.
Uses: Mostly meant as a team utility to increase thieves contribution in a teamfight and vulnerability uptime in dungeons without sacrificing lots of dmg.

Thief, Elite – Basilisk Venom
Penetrates Stability.

- It’s already highly predictable by displaying as a buff and has a cast time, mitigated by one block or blind which may often have high durations, it’s also dodgeable, stunbreakable. That 45 seconds cooldown elite is pretty much doomed from usage if someone sets up aegis. I feel it needs to have speciality apart from all the weaknesses.

Thief, Trait, Deadly Arts, Master Tier.
Ambush – Attacks landing behind from stealth inflicts the target with Weakness and x3 Vulnerability for 5 seconds. 20s icd.

- This traitline always gave me the impression it focuses around control, but the control it currently posses doesn’t really suffice to make it worthwhile. So, with this trait I’d skip dagger training and lose 5% of my dagger dmg, the target will be weakened so with some luck the eviscerate he trows off instantly when I leave stealth wont hit me for 10k, and my own attacks after leaving stealth as well as my teammates will slightly benefit from the 3% vulnerability, and best of all it’s cleansable if someone feels kitten, even beneficial for guardians carrying Smite Condition. Other uses; I’m in stealth and out of range, and see a naughty hambow warrior go wild hulksmashing my teams power necro while the warr has a couple of seconds of stability, I throw a dancing dagger or swap to shortbow to shoot him in the back and his outgoing dmg drops which might change the situation for the necro.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Adept Thief Trait: Ezio Macaroni
Character wears Assassin’s Creed style hood

Grandmaster Engineer Trait: Prybar 5 to 3
After using magnet, use Pry Bar regardless of opponent actually being pulled

Adept Warrior Trait: Scaredy Cat
When you are about to die, automatically use greatsword skills Rush followed by Whirlwind

Adept Ranger Trait: Contingency
Use point black shot automatically regardless of the situation

Adept Elementalist Trait: Double-edged Sword
Mist form lasts twice as long, but cannot enter doors while in mist form

Grandmaster Guardian Trait: Spinal Tap
Wave of Wrath now does double damage

CD

(edited by Spicyhash.7605)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Adept Thief Trait: Ezio Macaroni
Character wears Assassin’s Creed style hood

Grandmaster Engineer Trait: Prybar 5 to 3
After using magnet, use Pry Bar regardless of opponent actually being pulled

Adept Warrior Trait: Scaredy Cat
When you are about to die, automatically use greatsword skills Rush followed by Whirlwind

Adept Ranger Trait: Contingency
Use point black shot automatically regardless of the situation

Adept Elementalist Trait: Double-edged Sword
Mist form lasts twice as long, but cannot enter doors while in mist form

Grandmaster Guardian Trait: Spinal Tap
Wave of Wrath now does double damage

Thief Adept minor trait for Critical Strikes: Use Heartseeker automatically. Always. Even with shortbow. Restore 1 initiative.

Thief Adept minor trait for Shadow Arts: If your target manages to block or dodge or otherwise mitigate backstab, you don’t lose stealth, but you do take backstab damage yourself. Restore 1 initiative.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.