Do We Really Need New Traits?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I really don’t think adding new traits, at present, is a good idea. I understand that we need new, fresh material to keep us going, but there is a lot of balancing to be done and I feel as if five new grandmaster traits for each profession is just a mess of unbalance waiting to happen.

I’m not going to point out any traits in particular because I haven’t actually seen them all, but very often the most unbalanced builds revolve around not just one trait but a multitude of skills and abilities. Giving each class a new GM trait for each traitline will more than likely add more unbalance than balance because, what starts out as simple additions as first, ends up becoming broken as someone finds a way to exploit these traits in combination with other powerful abilities.

I’m sure I’m likely to get ignored, but can we please leave the new traits for release until far after the balance patch?

Stormbluff Isle

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Giving each class a new GM trait for each traitline will more than likely add more unbalance than balance because, what starts out as simple additions as first, ends up becoming broken as someone finds a way to exploit these traits in combination with other powerful abilities.

This will happen whether they implement the new traits tomorrow or whether they implement the new traits a year from now. On the flipside, new tools can potentially open up new playstyles and new build options, and a large array of options can be a balancing element of its own.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)