Dungeons and MM ENG NEC RNG

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sundora.7801

Sundora.7801

Please make dungeons fair to all classes. Its not really fair that all you need is 5 WARs and if fact if your not a WAR or Mage to do a dungeon. Their is no balance in just needing a WAR class to play the game. This is what is call broken between other classes. Sure its nice that Mesmers and Necros have certain skills an traits that are good in pvp. But some people like me like playing Necros and Mesmers and I enjoy PvP. Now I have to just play a WAR to actually do a dungeon because its the fastest way to do one. That means that the game is broke and since people require it now they know. Please consider balancing the classes so I can actually play my more favorite classes in dungeons. Oh and please consider the Guardian as well. He should be a tank or just make him do insane damage like a war.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

PvE is that way because killing stuff fast is the best way, there have been tons of treads about making mobs hit harder to encourage having a bunker, or having more AoE be done, to encourage having a support. Sadly, that means most classes that cannot nuke fall by the wayside.

However! A power necro is VERY strong and can hit for insane damage, while having high HP so I don’t exactly see what the problem is here.

As for guardians, they’re fine in PvE, they have good damage but the supporty nature of the class helps other classes perform even better.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

OP, it strikes me that you’re going a lot by what people are telling you and what you’ve read (likely outdated information), and less by how the dungeon meta actually is.

For example elementalists, not warriors, are the current go-to-class for insane DPS (Warrior is simply a combination of good damage, good survivability, bundled with relatively low skill requirement asked of the player), conversely, mesmers are dropping out of vogue these days outside of specific situations where portals or spherical reflects are needed, given their damage is sub-par and they bring little to the table that guardians don’t also bring). On the flipside, rangers while still widely mistrusted, are starting to see greater use, outputting similar DPS to a warrior, having superior DPS mods to use with FGS/Ice bow and having a unique set of buffs.

And let’s not forget, this is speed running, meta teams we’re talking. You don’t need to be any of that in order to get a mixed PUG team that is perfectly capable of beating any dungeon in the game (just much slower)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

What is a Mage?

Also, 5 WAR with 5 SIG is tremendous PWR, indeed.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

You need very little to run dungeons.

The whole warriors only or heavies only meta is antiquated. We know this, because so many classes provide more utility and damage than a warrior. What warriors get is a set of unique buffs, and high standing bulk.

Of course, warrior damage is outdone by thieves and elementalists, and on single targets I think even necro can out damage a warrior if group buffs are up. Some people even argue that engi and ranger do more damage than warrior, too. Then, if you get a phantasm mesmer that can sustain 3 phantasms, then their damage can skyrocket as well.

Warriors are played a lot because they are bulky and low-maintenance, meaning that it is easy for new players to get the hang of, and are relatively safe options for doing dungeons. But, given more experience and skill, other classes get to shine.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

You need very little to run dungeons.

The whole warriors only or heavies only meta is antiquated. We know this, because so many classes provide more utility and damage than a warrior. What warriors get is a set of unique buffs, and high standing bulk.

Of course, warrior damage is outdone by thieves and elementalists, and on single targets I think even necro can out damage a warrior if group buffs are up.

I pug a phalanx warrior despite 2.5k hours on my engie. 18-22stacks of might from me alone in every fight is a lot better than 12 stacks and high personal DPS. FGS is great every 3 minutes, but phalanx+str runes make every run a speed run.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

oh boy another scrub that has no idea what current dungeon meta is, frothing at the mouth at anet to change game to his kittenty idea of balance

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

oh boy another scrub that has no idea what current dungeon meta is, frothing at the mouth at anet to change game to his kittenty idea of balance

Is dungeon equality really that hard to ask for?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

It’s not hard to ask for, but you won’t get it as ANet doesn’t care for dungeons. Besides, any class is viable unless you want to do some kind of record run.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Profession Balance

lunyboy.8672

It’s not hard to ask for, but you won’t get it as ANet doesn’t care for dungeons. Besides, any class is viable unless you want to do some kind of record run.

Any class is viable, but if you peruse the LFG ads, you will find a certain segment of professions are second-class citizens, which is the exact thing eliminating the “trinity” was supposed to avoid.

This system isn’t meeting the goals outlined in ANet’s strategy, so it should be addressed.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not asking for nerfs, I am simply appealing for some amount of parity.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Any class is viable, but if you peruse the LFG ads, you will find a certain segment of professions are second-class citizens, which is the exact thing eliminating the “trinity” was supposed to avoid.

This system isn’t meeting the goals outlined in ANet’s strategy, so it should be addressed.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not asking for nerfs, I am simply appealing for some amount of parity.

Unless you make content equal you’ll never have parity. Classes each do certain things – you can’t have variety and somehow each class to be equally desired.

Anet’s strategy has succeeded. In GW1 I sometimes had to wait 30 min to 1 hour to get a monk for dungeons.

In GW2, even the less desirable class can get in a LFG group in about 10 minutes.

Let’s not compare the two and say they’ve failed because they absolutely have not.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

lunyboy.8672

Unless you make content equal you’ll never have parity. Classes each do certain things – you can’t have variety and somehow each class to be equally desired.

Anet’s strategy has succeeded. In GW1 I sometimes had to wait 30 min to 1 hour to get a monk for dungeons.

In GW2, even the less desirable class can get in a LFG group in about 10 minutes.

Let’s not compare the two and say they’ve failed because they absolutely have not.

Yes, and the nature of ALL dungeons in the game, in light of buffing, stacking, and dodge-rolling (+FGS), is that only a few mechanics actually count.

And those mechanics are distributed to a select few professions, once again, just look at the LFG to see the bias. Warriors, Guards and Eles sure don’t wait very long for a party, but I bet there have been a few Necros, Rangers, and Engineers that have.

If you can’t see that, you have never tried to dungeon on these professions exclusively in off-peak times.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: antares.5916

antares.5916

I know how you feel because I main an engineer and a mesmer (and loving it). They’re not top-tier for dungeon and some lfg post really are discriminatory, like “NO ENGI/MESMER/NECRO”. But to be honest, I haven’t been discriminated that heavily yet (except that one time, long story). This might be because I post my own advertisements in lfg with something like an “all welcome” sign or “non-meta builds welcome” (sometimes “Hardcore run. NO WARS/GUARDS/ELE” if I see discriminatory lfg posts to my class. And people actually join! XD)

As far as the case of anyone not joining my lfg because of my class, I think it accounts more to the popularity of the dungeon I’m running, not my profession. I find it hard to find members in HoW and CoE because I think not many people run it.