Elementalist Armor..

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: magical giant.8650

magical giant.8650

Hello,

Why isnt elementalists in the medium armor bracket it would totally fit their gameplay?

“Existing Isn’t A Crime!” Franky – One Piece

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

We’re casters — casters have low armor and high DPS (we really have) and awesome utility.

Also armor is nothing which helps us too much. We’re just too vulnerable to hard and soft CC (lockdown), interrupts and condition overload (due to the low base hp) and rely heavily on boons (protection, regeneration, vigor) for self-sustain, thus being at a disadvantage against the current PvP meta (hambow & stunlock warriors, boon hate, condition builds).

If you compare the increase in medium armor against low armor, you’ll see that it only increases the effective HP by ~7%. Compare that to protection (we’ve good access to it) which grants us -30% direct damage input. If you play staff or dagger-offhand you also have frost aura for another 10% direct damage reduction. This is far more than all thieves and most engineer and ranger builds can achieve.

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

magical giant.8650

Of course but still. I mean elementalist in guild wars 2 isnt your traditional caster class and as of now (in curent meta, like you said) we don’t meet okey values. Medium Armor would be one way to go but I’d be pro trait aswell, like even easier access to protection. Better Protection uptime would be boss and not through investing 30 arcana, I hate the arcana line to be frank.

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

Lets change the armor of allll elementalists from light to medium, along with their visuals, the armor they are wearing, the armor every single player is crafting or saving in his bank for his ele, the players crafting profession from tailor to leatherguy… and everything else, so that noone can complain, because you dont like the arcana traitline.

Wouldnt it be easier to just simply increase the duration/effect or decrease the cooldown of the eles underused defensive abilities to a reasonable amount?

(edited by pza.8024)

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

magical giant.8650

Yeah I guess it would be the best way to go. What about making our defensive skills have a passive effect aswell, “Armor of Earth” now passivly grant us 500 toughness and Stability + Protection on use for example. Maybe give secondary effect to other abilities aswell so armor of earth don’t become a no-brainer utility. Signets would be a good canditate for improvements.

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

As I said, more armor won’t better what I’d define as our weak spots.
Armor in general should not be too important for us, because we need to dodge key skills anyways (again: a serious issue stems from unavoidable auto procs of traits in condition builds) and rely on kiting and distance (300+ on dagger mainhand, 300 to 900 on scepter mainhand and 1200+ with staff). If armor is what you crave for, then I think you should change your overall playstyle.

We’re in a good spot right now, other classes and builds aren’t.

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

This sounds like a D/D player assuming all Ele’s play D/D.

You think S/D and Staff should be in medium armor?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

magical giant.8650

I play it all infact don’t be so judging. I belive medium armor would be fitting since the way elementalists play is very similar to how engineers play, a mid fighter, stay close for maximum effect but can’t handle melee pressure. Elementalists HAD the tools to stay in prolonged fights but that was taken away. So why not treat the proffesion for what it is, a mid fighter give us the right tools to be a “battlemage” not a “caster”.

lets take a look at other games with “casters”, ever played WoW, one word: frostmages, dealt insane damage had you immoblized or chilled all the time but once you got to them they had very little defense and was taken out fast.

So make Elementalists into “battlemages” agian, through boons armor utility whatever!

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

Armor rating has litterally zero noticeable effect. Only toughness does. Also, any mage type class should be light armor.

What we need is physical damage mitigation, penetration, spell power and magic resist. Do eet Anet.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Armor rating has litterally zero noticeable effect. Only toughness does. Also, any mage type class should be light armor.

What we need is physical damage mitigation, penetration, spell power and magic resist. Do eet Anet.

Remove Crit damage, increase base values, introduce Armour Pen?
Would normalise Thieves against squishy Elementalists and Mesmers which are outcompeted right now, and make Tanky DPS less strong.

Sounds like a plan.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

Elementalist Armor..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

I really like you.

Oh and this magic resist type thing would increase durability for bunkers vs condis. Weeeee ! Dunno where to classify engi damage tho.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub