Eles "sigil of intelligence"

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Sigil of Intelligence allows you to do a 3 crit attacks after swapping, on as short CD to 5seconds (in the case of warriors), but it seems that eles have a very similar arcane spell (5 hits though), that its only difference is the fact that it has 45 seconds CD……quite gruesome considering now anyone can now get it for free. Do we have any incoming changes to said spell? The was no real reason to take it before and now it sure as heck isnt any reason to take it anymore at all, not even for proccing arcane traits.

While we are on it, do you mind fixing chill affecting attunement recharge? No other class has weapon switching nor mechanics affected by chills, such as DS, or initiative, etc…. It is really crippling, specially for a class that completely and solely relies on its “weapon swapping” mechanics.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Yeah, saw that as well. Arcane builds became even more useless.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I really hope we get a fix for Chill affecting Attunement swap. It’s a pretty scary counter if you get Chilled after switching out of Water Attunement/using your cleanses.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

They have that new change to a Rune that is going to have a similar affect to the new water grandmaster trait as well…

It seems everything we have is getting given to everyone else.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

They have that new change to a Rune that is going to have a similar affect to the new water grandmaster trait as well…

It seems everything we have is getting given to everyone else.

You’ve been rangered. All part of ANet’s master plan.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I only hope there are works in the shop already and this is just an overlook in the ready-up episode, I cant possibly imagine anyone would ever do this to a class utility, specially not one that has 9 times the CD for nothing in return.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

perhaps a decent change would be to increase it from kittens to infinite hits? (all spells cast within 5 seconds are guaranteed crit). I do not think it will be that op considering the time duration is relatively short and cd long.

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

Ele’s can take the sigil as well, the skill probably needs a rework since both warrs and eles can proc it every 5 sec. I could see taking this with a battle sigil now that we can have 2 on swaps to give D/D bunkers higher sustained damage. I’ve never used arcane power personally as it always seemed weak for the cooldown. Now with the sigil your fire swaps can get a d3→d5→d-4 combo with guaranteed crits.
I’d be more for a skill rework in this case as I’m pretty sure AP is almost never taken

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deku.3129

Deku.3129

………what if you used both of them with a valks amulet

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

On the contrary? Arcana builds are reliant on stacking high crit damage? This sigil is really great for Arcana builds.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

On the contrary? Arcana builds are reliant on stacking high crit damage? This sigil is really great for Arcana builds.

Arcana skills already have 100% crit chance. Yes, this sigil will be good for certain builds but the problem is that it makes Arcane Power literally useless. It does 2 more crits but is on a 45 second CD.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

eles can use both, you can crit with 8 skills….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

wow. 8 crits. just wow.
int. sigil – 3 crit 5 sec cd
arcana – 5 crit 40 sec cd
war/engi/ele can have good uptime for this sigil.

let’s take war as an ex.
every 5 sec swap – 3 crit. in 40 sec you make 24 crits
arcana – 5 crit in 40 sec
24 crits sigil >>>>>>> 5 crits UTILITY SLOT SPELL
sigil better x8 than utility spell.

lolwut? devs, are you kidding?

(edited by OneManArmy.9732)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

You’re kinda missing that it almost negates the new warrior 100% burst crit chance GM that takes 30 points to acquire. Slap on sigil of int to your axe and boom, eviscerate is gonna crit when you swap to it. Like I said before, arcane power needs a rework if this sigil is going through. Either cd reduction or something added to it. I do have to ask though, are the eles that are complaining about this actually use arcane power now as is? Or is this more of a complaint for the sake of complaining about an already underpowered utility skill?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

wow. 8 crits. just wow.
int. sigil – 3 crit 5 sec cd
arcana – 5 crit 40 sec cd
war/engi/ele can have good uptime for this sigil.

let’s take war as an ex.
every 5 sec swap – 3 crit. in 40 sec you make 24 crits
arcana – 5 crit in 40 sec
24 crits sigil >>>>>>> 5 crits UTILITY SLOT SPELL
sigil better x8 than utility spell.

lolwut? devs, are you kidding?

At least you can have that +5 crit, i play ranger xDD

BTW , in GW2 , The warrior is a bad example to compare skills, we know that Warriors are Anet preferred class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

BTW , in GW2 , The warrior is a bad example to compare skills, we know that Warriors are Anet preferred class.

yeah, I know. I should compare ele’s profit from sigil because it’s ele’s utility spell. but i am too lazy to make calculation.
to be effective as ele you need to att. dance, you are staying in 1 att. ~1-4sec.
fx. full d/d combo (air>fire>earth) is around 6-8 sec. so we can’t proc it every 5 sec.
ofc warrior with 5 sec will not swap every 5 sec. 7s is more real number.

what I want to say, even if someone make calculation, arcana will lose by all means.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

True, anet needs to “shave” arcane power a bit.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

What if the terrible Arcane Power was turned into:

Arcane Power: You have a 50% Chance to Crit, 1Second ICD. Lasts 30seconds. 45second Cool down

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Welcome to the life of what was once a condition Mesmer, focused around Confusion. A condition much better applied and much more powerful when using a runeset.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.