Eviscerate Cooldown?

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Hey I happened to duel a warrior that used eviscerate as main dmg source.
I played my mesmer and most of the time i “evaded” his eviscerate by teleporting out of range or using my invulnerability.

Now the problem:
When i go out of range eviscerate will have a 3/4s cooldown and he can just spam it until he’s back in range to hit me.
when i use invulnerability to evade eviscerate the same happens. It’ll have a 3/4cd and the warrior just needs to wait until my invul is gone.

I don’t have unlimited access to dodges and blocks. The cooldown should proc on invulnerability, and out of range as well as it does with evades.

Or is it even meant to be like that?

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

It’s meant to be like that

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

I’m assuming you are playing with the clone on dodge trait, so al you have to do is do a normal dodge and he will hit your clone instead. Now his adrenalin gets spent and it goes on full cool down, he is kittened.

Shuriyo

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Doesn’t work always. Sometimes he’ll just rush through my clone and try to hit me. the clone doesn’t bodyblock him and it doesnt take the target away.

But here’s a little example of what i’m complaining about:

Warrior hits F1 out of range: No adrenalin spend no normal cooldown
Mesmer hits F1 out of range: all illusions die, F1 gets full cooldown

A missed attack should be on cooldown even if it’s a warriors attack.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

IIRC it should be doing that. All burst skills have a 10 second cooldown (traitable to 7 seconds), and the cooldown should trigger everytime it’s used. It will only expend the adrenaline if it hits though.

If it doesn’t work that way then either something got messed up somewhere or I’ve been living under a rock since the betas.

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Doesn’t work always. Sometimes he’ll just rush through my clone and try to hit me. the clone doesn’t bodyblock him and it doesnt take the target away.

But here’s a little example of what i’m complaining about:

Warrior hits F1 out of range: No adrenalin spend no normal cooldown
Mesmer hits F1 out of range: all illusions die, F1 gets full cooldown

I never used Axe in PvP, but the hammer burst goes on cd if i dont hit anyone, 8-9 seconds. Same for sword and rifle.

The only burst weapon skill that doesn’t require a hit is longbow.

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ulcimql.2516

ulcimql.2516

It’s just another warrior only goodie that could be considered a bug. Every other profession’s F-skills go on full cooldown and the involved resources get spent even if they don’t hit anyone.
Logic dictates that warrior spends all adrenaline even if his burst skill misses to hit. That would be the obvious and most reasonable way to do it.

I believe most people will agree that it’s to be expected that anet is going with the exact opposite of common sense once again by letting warriors keep their adrenaline on miss.

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Also: He could be canceling the Evis. It’s rare that anyone bothers to, but it’s a definite possibility.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Yamsandjams.3267

Also: He could be canceling the Evis. It’s rare that anyone bothers to, but it’s a definite possibility.

Yeah, that’s my guess, although I’m not sure of the exact mechanism by which one would do this.

I know for an engineer you can cancel out of leap moves (i.e. acid bomb, rocket boots) if you are holding a kit and hit the weapon swap button, although the abilities are still on full cooldown since they were “used”.

You can also do this to cancel the tool kit’s magnet after charging it momentarily, meaning it gets put on a 4 second cooldown since it was cancelled. This can be used to try and bait dodges from an opponent without suffering the full cooldown on magnet.

As for eviscerate, it would probably cancel it if the warrior swapped weapons, but unless they are running the exact same weapon set on their second set of weapons, it probably wouldn’t work as described by the OP (especially if they have to wait for weapon swap cooldown). That is unless it considers them in the air or something and simply cancels the animation without performing the weapon swap.

Alternatively they might just be hitting the escape key or something.

I might try fiddling around with this and see if I can get it to work the way the OP described. There’s some weird hidden tricks in this game.

EDIT: Oh, I bet this would work by forcibly sheathing one’s weapons. That usually cancels any ability and puts it on a cancel cooldown instead of the full cooldown. Though if it only puts the burst attack on a 3/4 second cooldown that’s a bit inconsistent.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

No attack that misses or is interrupted goes on full cooldown. Not for a Ranger, not for a Guardian, and not for a Warrior.

Everything is working as intended. In the future, fight within your clones so the eviscerate doesn’t actually miss entirely, it just hits one of the clones instead.

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Yamsandjams.3267

No attack that misses or is interrupted goes on full cooldown. Not for a Ranger, not for a Guardian, and not for a Warrior.

Everything is working as intended. In the future, fight within your clones so the eviscerate doesn’t actually miss entirely, it just hits one of the clones instead.

That’s not correct, any attack that misses will go on full cooldown so long as the attack completes. You can try just using an attack in any open space and observe that it will be on full cooldown. It will only go on a short cooldown if it’s interrupted, whether by another player interrupting it or the user of the skill deliberately cancelling it (i.e. sheathing, dodging, weapon swapping, hitting escape).

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Evis goes on cooldown the adrenaline stays though.

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

It’s just another warrior only goodie that could be considered a bug. Every other profession’s F-skills go on full cooldown and the involved resources get spent even if they don’t hit anyone.
Logic dictates that warrior spends all adrenaline even if his burst skill misses to hit. That would be the obvious and most reasonable way to do it.

I believe most people will agree that it’s to be expected that anet is going with the exact opposite of common sense once again by letting warriors keep their adrenaline on miss.

It would be good too. Cleansing Ire would work even if we don’t hit anyone.

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Krisztian.8405

Krisztian.8405

If the warrior is running cleansing ire, this could be advantageous for the opponent. No adrenaline spent equals no conditions removed with cleansing ire.

Using blurred frenzy, distortion, and blink to make the warrior waste his/her eviscerate is a mistake in itself because those actions counts as evades, and according to wiki, you can’t spend adrenaline without hitting a target.

As for clone on dodge, if the warrior has you targeted, and has his/her auto-targeting off, he’s still going to hit you because the clone doesn’t become the new target. This is the system for everyone.

All in all, things are working the way they should.

I would recommend utilizing stealth more as a Mesmer because going in and out of stealth messes with the targeting system.

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

That’s not correct, any attack that misses will go on full cooldown so long as the attack completes. You can try just using an attack in any open space and observe that it will be on full cooldown. It will only go on a short cooldown if it’s interrupted, whether by another player interrupting it or the user of the skill deliberately cancelling it (i.e. sheathing, dodging, weapon swapping, hitting escape).

Yup, you’re right. I was basing my opinion on a Thief’s steal. When you use it and not in range it doesn’t go on full cooldown.

It looks like the burst skills go on full cooldown though, they just don’t use initiative. If you want to change burst skills to always use initiative I’m sure not a single Warrior would stand in your way of that change. What with cleansing ire and all that.

Eviscerate Cooldown?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If he doesn’t hit anything, he doesn’t spend Adrenaline, Cleansing Ire doesn’t proc and Burst skill goes on 5 second internal CD. On hit, it will go on 7 or 10 sec cd depends if it’s traited. But
Hint, hint: Burst Skill on Longbow will spend adrenaline and cleanse condis with Cleansing Ire regardless if Warrior hits anything, fire attack for lols or in totally random direction. That’s why it needs fixing and that’s why most of Warriors use this bow as secondary. Besides anormaly huge and sustainable fire field.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144