Fix Last Refuge!

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

I want to ragequit everytime when im dying cuz of it. How long do we need to wait for fix single trait which is BROKEN? Or should i play d/p and dont care about it?

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Amen brother, Amen.

It has been complained about for over a year now and I can’t think of any other trait in this game that so regularly causes its owner’s death.

But I really don’t know what else to do. I’ve made angry threads, I’ve made patient threads and constructive threads.

But Last Refuge is just completely ignored for over a year now.

You think with all these sweeping changes they might take 15 minutes to fix this thing, but alas, all is vain.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

You basically just have to anticipate when its going to pop. Even then, this trait still isn’t that good. When we’re struck UNDER the 25% health pool is when it pops. That means we can still be killed before it pops if we get hit for more than what health we have, which sucks. They need to maybe make the health threshold larger, like 33% ish, and make it so that if our HEALTH FALLS below the threshold it pops. This will make it much more reliable.

Also, maybe make it so that it cant reveal or be affected by reveal so that you don’t get killed for it.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Terissimo.6852

Yeh i saw those threads but anet just dont care. Its so annoying, i died hundred of times cuz of this trait then i swap to d/p for few months and got bored of it so i back to d/d and again.. im dying. This trait save me only when i got blind before my CnD or my enemy is blocking.

Simple fix for last refuge:

Use Black Powder when your health reaches a certain threshold.

Health threshold: 25%

(edited by Terissimo.6852)

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Terissimo.6852

Last refuge is killing me again!

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You think with all these sweeping changes they might take 15 minutes to fix this thing, but alas, all is vain.

Sadly they want LR to grant stealth, they just can’t graps the fact that reveal is unavoidable when up against a trait that has 0 cast time and no method of activating it yourself. I remember reading a post that they do not want the 1 point SA minor trait to grant anything but stealth. I wish I could find that thread, but it was briefly discussed and a long long time ago.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Emi.4152

Emi.4152

Sadly they want LR to grant stealth, they just can’t graps the fact that reveal is unavoidable when up against a trait that has 0 cast time and no method of activating it yourself. I remember reading a post that they do not want the 1 point SA minor trait to grant anything but stealth. I wish I could find that thread, but it was briefly discussed and a long long time ago.

but… but… LR doesn’t grant stealth does it? i thought it granted reveal? Oo

Yak’s Bend – Hello Kitty and Friends (aFK)
Lv 80 Thief – Emi Smacks / Lv 80 Ele – Emi Casts / Lv 80 Necro – Emi Nox

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

but… but… LR doesn’t grant stealth does it? i thought it granted reveal? Oo

Yeah we’ve been trying to tell them that for awhile now. Even if the trait removed the reveal effect and then applied stealth it wouldn’t matter. The trait is naturally flawed by their design of stealth :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

I just use Rune of vampirism.
Hit 20% become mist, now you cant be hurt by direct damage, and your invisible

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Me too! It’s great! Ever said, “There’s no way he’s still alive…” when your zerg jumped on a thief who goes invis? It’s cause of the synergy this trait has with these runes. :P

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Me too! It’s great! Ever said, “There’s no way he’s still alive…” when your zerg jumped on a thief who goes invis? It’s cause of the synergy this trait has with these runes. :P

Hey, that’s pretty clever! I may have to try that just for fun haha

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

I think I started a revolution

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’ve said this for quite some time:

Why on Earth can’t they simply code LR to work like Decoy?
Seriously, Decoy sidesteps Revealed … ergo, the ability for a “Stealth” move to do so is already extant in the codebase. So, why hasn’t this already been done?
Failing that, then simply:

Make LR a freaking Major Trait
Then, Thieves who feel they can “work around” LR can bloody well have it. And those who absolutely loathe the Trait can simply avoid it.

Meh.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The issue with Last Refuge is that it’s the Thief version of the “Use Skill X when low on health” type of trait. It would be inconsistent if the trait did not use some skill, such as Blinding Powder.

There are about three scenarios where Last Refuge can screw you over:

1. Last Refuge triggering in the middle of an autoattack chain. While this will give you a backstab, it’s not one that you were prepared for.
  2. For D/P, Last Refuge triggering after Black Powder but before you get stealth from Heartseeker. The end result is that if there was a foe in range, you get stealth in the middle of Heartseeker, which hits your enemy and puts Revealed on you.
  3. For D/D, Last Refuge triggering just before Cloak and Dagger grants you stealth. The end result is that Cloak and Dagger instead counts as an attack from Stealth and puts Revealed on you.

The latter two could be fixed by forcing Blinding Powder to interrupt the skill animations and put you into Stealth. This would only work if they made it so that interrupting the animation wouldn’t cost you initiative.

Another option entirely would be to have Last Refuge use a utility skill other than Blinding Powder. Sadly, Thieves don’t really have that many defensive utilities that could be used here. Shadowstep and Roll for Initiative would end up killing you even more than Blinding Powder. Shadow Refuge wouldn’t fix it and it would be kind of OP. The only one that I could see working would be Smoke Screen. It doesn’t grant stealth so it wouldn’t give you Revealed and it is a defensive skill.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I think it just needs to be changed to a non-stealth skill.

This kills two birds with one stone, less stealth on thieves but also less random revealed stats.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

But They want it to be stealth related, sadly.
Smokescreen wouldnt be too Bad, or a simple blackpowder, or removes blind and Grants additional 3sec stealth when you stealth next time.
Interrupting your current Action does Not work because if you try to heal in that Moment it Would kill you again (except withdraw)

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I think it just needs to be changed to a non-stealth skill.

This kills two birds with one stone, less stealth on thieves but also less random revealed stats.

I’d have to agree. In my experience I’ve been able to work around it mostly just by watching my hp closely. However, I’m no pro and every now and then it screws me over. I would like to see it drop the blinding powder from pistol skill 5. That would give some decent protection especially without spending any initiative. If you’re dagger main hand, you could still gain some stealth from it, and if you’re not, you could proceed as before perhaps with a dagger 5 to get stealth.

I can understand them wanting to give some kind of stealth skill, but I think that whole idea is just broken because of the abruptness with which it gives you the stealth. It seems like, no matter what the mechanics are, a stealth has the potential to mess with your gameplay because it’s involuntary. If there was a way for it to give you an extra stealth skill (like the one that you can steal from thieves) that you could then execute at will it might be a bit more appreciated. But then, I feel like it defeats the whole purpose of the idea behind the trait anyways.

Just thinking out loud I guess…

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Guys its fine learn to anticipate it.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This ^^

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Sure thing, I’ll just set my timer every time it pops so i know exactly when it can pop again.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

weird thing is:

it saved my life sometimes.

second weird thing is:

if you fix it in something usefull prepare you anus for nerfteefstorm threads.
I mean, more nerfteefstorm threads..

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Terissimo.6852

Anet can u fix this broken trait? PLEASE?

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Terissimo.6852

Stop using shadow arts then. I don’t know why you are complaining if you’re using shadow arts in the first place.

I think cuz there is condi removal and blind.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheBandicoot.5294

TheBandicoot.5294

There would be so many easy solutions for this.

a) Make Last Refuge work like Mist Form. Go stealth, block all damaging skills from usage for its duration. This stealth is unbreakable until damaging skills are availiable again. This will prevent abusing unbreakable stealth while preventing you from accidently exiting stealth and geting revealed because LR procced right inbetween attacks or when Throw Gunk´s AoE hurts someone or an arrow from the Shortbow is still flying and will bounce inevitably. It needs to not give you revealed when some projectile or cast is already on its way. Also, it needs to ignore current revealed status in order to properly work. May reset the CD back to 90secs then.

b) Rework Last Refuge into some kind of evade, much like Distortion. Maybe add superspeed into the mix. 2 or 3 seconds duration, CD again reverted to 90secs.

c) Rework Last Refuge into a condition cleanse. Seeing that conditions are spammed all over the place, this might be useful. May cleanse 5 conditions on 90secs CD.

d) Rework Last Refuge into a fast pulsing blind PBAoE like you dropped a bunch of mini smoke bombs. 3 seconds duration, 6 pulses @ 1 second of blindness. 90seconds ICD.

e) Remove Last Refuge and put nothing into its place. Would be better than this one, really.

Now that are some basic ideas one could think of, and all won´t require sorcery to become true. make it happen, ArenaNet. Please! Its about time this kitten minor trait gets removed or turned into something less dangerous for yourself.

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Stop using shadow arts then. I don’t know why you are complaining if you’re using shadow arts in the first place.

I think cuz there is condi removal and blind.

Yep also toughness+healing and syncs with d/d,d/p,p/d things Acro is not even close to.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Mind clarifying what is L2P about it?

How specifically are you suggesting players are playing that causes this trait to be an issue?

Please share your wisdom?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Why noy change the trigger to something the thief can control? Like “when intiative drops to zero use blinding powder”(maybe even trigger after the skill if necessairy).

EverythingOP

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Seth.4927

Seth.4927

I’d be happy if it was changed to Smokescreen and that’s it. Thieves have been asking for this trait to be changed since the game launched, it bothers me for how long this has gone unchecked.

Roker
Tarnished Coast

Fix Last Refuge!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mao.9832

mao.9832

Hello… another fellow thief here. I’m just wondering why we keep having a trait that doesn’t save our life while fighting and we have to die because of it. We’re not asking for a buff or anything else… even get 20hp when you have 25% hp is better than this… really. Can you please consider to fix it somehow?

[EzPz] Mao. Thief for the lulz.