Feature Build Balance Preview

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Elementalist.
Again the proof that you don’t want to hear a kitten about this class.

Thousands of topics about :
Revert the Ride The Lightning nerf.
Revert Cleansing water trait nerf.
Revert Cleansing wave trait nerf.
Revert Elemental Attunement trait nerf.
Buff Focus skills.
Buff Arcane shield,3 blocks every 75 seconds,wow.
Buff Glyphs.
Buff Signets.
Changing lingering elements trait because is useless.
Conjurer weapons like engi’s kits.
Buff Arcane Precision.grandmaster trait,wow.

You have NEVER talked about buffing any of this things,ty,really.

8% healing signet nerf,seriously?
how is possibile playing against a warrior that heals 1k every second.
how is possibile playing against a thief s/d that makes to you 3k-4k of autoattack,perma evades.
After 1 year of this stupid meta and after this “balance” notes i understand that there are no hopes for this game about pvp,do what you want with your broken game,i’m out like others already did it.

Don’t forget about the other side of ele changes that are needed as well. There needs to be an AOE circle for meteor shower and it needs to do less damage.

I agree eles need buffs, but they also need the two changes above as well.

They are removing tornado+meteor shower, you can stop complaining about it now.

You see that where?

and that still doesn’t resolve the no circle issue. Anyway, this skill is fine in WvW and PvE, but needs a nerf in conquest. It takes zero still to sit far away and launch meteor shower against someone who is defending a point.

I agree that it needs a circle, but the only use the skill has in sPVP is to force people off a point for seven seconds. It’s hardly overpowered.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have like 50 better ideas that would give the Elementalist more synergy between skills and traits.

I’ll give you one here: Make the Earthen Blast trait be a blast finisher. It will work with all weapon, it will be an interesting mechanic for a trait line that is lacking, and it will have synergy with how our class function.

But, first of all: why are you changing skills if you know (and admitted) that the bad trait lines are the problems? Also, what about the facts that our attunement mechanic is useless unless traited in arcana with elemental attunement and having 5 points in each attunement (for a total of 35 points just to have the effects of elemental attunement on all attunements).

Secondly: Last time you tried to improve “build diversity” an “survival” for the elementalist you ended up changing our 2 most important traits in water (self healing/vigor on cantrips) and arcana (elemental attunement) from adept to master.

That broke my 10/15/0/15/30 build and certainly requiring more points in water does not help for us survive, so in my opinion it was an epic fail at what you said you would be accomplish.

I really admire the richness of game but I hope you can do better than the few things listed in this thread for what concerns class balance/improvements.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Is that all you got for THIEF? Poisons are useless atm anyway..

MESMERS – They will still be overpowered. A profession like this, with clone spamming abilities that distract the opposite player, should NOT be overpowered.

ENGINEERS – They are fine… the class which in my opinion requires the most skill to play and gets equally rewarded.

I love the PvP Engie main calling the Mesmer OP.

PvP engi main

wut?

l2p I guess.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

-Signet of Restoration: Removed the split on this skill so that the signet passive heal amount will be increased in PvP to match the current PvE amount.

• Okay good.

-Armor of Earth: Reduced recharge from 90 seconds to 75 seconds.

• What about Arcane Shield? 3 Blocks on a 75 second recharge? In the right situation it can be very good BUT 75 seconds is ridiculous, using it every other fight rather than every fight.

-Water Trident: Added 3 seconds of regeneration to up to 5 allies in the radius.

• The problem is it’s speed!! You can run faster than the Trident!

-Burning Speed: This ability now evades attacks.

• Why?! Why buff this?! This does not need a buff!

-Frozen Burst: This ability is now a blast finisher.

• Stop buffing things that are already good! This is utterly pointless!

This absolutely profounds me.

Lets look at the issues with the Elementalist that is more than just balance.

Lava Font – Bad Animation
- My pickaxe has better animation than this!

Flame Burst – BORING
How about this:
Increase casting time to 3/4 seconds. Teleport to target area, dealing damage and burning nearby foes.

Ice Spike – SLOW
How about this:
Targeting Projectile (Like Warrior longbow Fan of Fire) Fire an ice spike, dealing damage and inflicts vulnerability for each foe it hits.

Lightning Surge – BORING
How about this:
Charge a lightning surge at target location, after two seconds, the area bursts with lightning inflicting blind.

Unsteady Ground = Line of Warding
Instead of a line of Warding Clone, how about this:
Create an Unsteady Ground at your feet. For 3 seconds, foes attacking you in melee are knockdown.

Flamestrike – BORING
There is no damage animation.

Dragon’s Tooth – High risk, low reward.
How about this:
Reduce its damage by 50%, remove the blast finisher, recharges INSTANTLY if it hits a foe.

Shatterstone – SLOW
Add a blast finisher, increase recharge to 4 seconds.

Water Trident – SLOW
Increase the projectile speed by 50%

Blinding Flash – BORING
How about this:
Deals no damage, blind nearby foes, become invisible for 2 seconds.

Dust Devil – BORING
Increase the AoE size.

Flamewall – BORING
Reduce casting time to 1/4 second, update the animation.

Fire Shield – WEAK
Reduce recharge to 20 seconds.

Freezing Gust – WEAK
How about this:
Ground targeting AoE, creates a 4 second Freezing Gust that damages foes, causes chill and destroys projectiles.

Comet – BORING
How about this:
Drastically increase damage and AoE range, increase recharge to 40 seconds, increase casting time to 5/4 seconds.

Gale – WEAK
Removes a boon, reduce recharge to 40.

Magnetic Wave – No animation.
Reduce conditions cleared to 1, increase the reflection duration to 4 seconds, add a proper animation.

Obsidian Flesh – BORING and poor animation
How about this:
Cripples and damages nearby foes on cast, instead of invulnerability, grants 1000 toughness (based on level), grants condition immunity and retaliation for 4 seconds.

Fire Grab – WEAK
Recharge is insane, reduce it to 30 seconds.

Lightning Touch – BORING
Add a teleport to target foe to it.

Ride the Lightning – WEAK
Reduce the recharge to 20 seconds, distance traveled is affected by cripple and chilled.
THERE, that is how you properly nerf. Take notes ArenaNet.

Ring of Earth – BORING
Add a 600 range, radius stays the same.

Magnetic Grasp
Fails too much for no reason. How about this:
Magnetic Grasp uses ground targeting with a 160 radius, immobilize reduce to 1 second. Magnetic Leap will leap to target location.

I’m not even going to mention traits and utilities.

League of Legends has had champions redesign, professions should get some updated love that they needed since closed beta.

Hell, make it a Living World Event. I’m sure you can squeeze in powerful characters from a foreign land bringing knowledge of the professions.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

About Armor of Earth, I’m glad you realize our weakest cantrip needs buffing. However, instead of making its cooldown directly compete with Mist Form, and considering it is generally weaker than Mist Form except in few situations, I would suggest to push the cooldown even lower with a slight nerf to the boons to compensate for it. So instead of 75 seconds cooldown, I suggest 60 seconds cooldown and protection and stability last for 1 second less.

Or they could just revert the massive nerf on mist form they did 6 months ago, and thus remove the need to fix the cantrip synergy that they themselves broke as well as our survival ability.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mingus Dew.8620

Mingus Dew.8620

Warrior:
Our changes for warrior focus on providing telegraphs to stronger skills and to reduce the passive benefit gained from Healing Signet.

• Healing Signet: Reduced the passive heal by 8%.
    • We’re looking for ways to incentivize using Healing Signet’s active without increasing overall sustain. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this.

Here is my suggestion for how you could incentivize using Healing Signet’s active without increasing overall sustain…

Instead of having a passive that incentivizes not using the active. Change the passive to trigger a heal if the player uses their Burst skill. The player could then choose to lose short-term damage by utilizing their class mechanic to deliver some damage and passive heal, or use the active heal to provide a larger heal and maintain that heightened level of damage, but lose out on that potential sustained heal for a short time.

This would reduce the passive benefit gained from Healing Signet by requiring more active play to receive the heal and making a trade off between passive healing and damage. While incentivizing the use of Healing Signet’s active element by not requiring the player to make that trade off, but still making the player choose between burst healing or sustained healing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Where’s the across the board 20% damage reduction or 30% increase in armor to make up for all the power creep after adding ascended gear and WvW rank bonuses????

There were threads about how great the PvP experience was in Snowball Mayhem. I’m hoping the Dev’s realize by streamlining, they can actually make a better experience. Build diversity is great up to a point. When it becomes to diverse then combat becomes a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Where built A can easily beat build B but, lose against build C. Which leads to a complete lack of skillful play and a frustrated player base.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Skweak.7392

Skweak.7392

I’d like to make some suggestions, mainly concerning the ranger:

- Rangers should have the ability to select a set of stats for their pet. One reason for this is that if a ranger wants their pet to have ranged capabilities, they should not have to settle with the stats offered by the devourers or spiders (ie. precision sacrificed for toughness/vitality).

- If a ranger swaps pets shortly before getting out of combat, they are unable to select different pets from the pet menu until pet swapping is available again. This is like being unable to change weapon sets when out of combat because a weapon skill is on cooldown.

- Several of pets’ F2 abilities are lacklustre in their purpose and/or cast time. Rangers are unable to command their pets to activate their basic attack skills at certain times, so rangers are in desperate need of some more beneficial F2 abilities (especially considering the unreliability of pet AI). I believe this has been discussed in depth so I won’t go into details.

- Move Trapper’s Expertise and Trap Potency from Skirmishing to elsewhere (such as Wilderness Survival). If a player wants their build to be largely based on their utilities (ie. 3 traps), having to invest 30 points into precision and critical damage is in no way beneficial since traps deal no direct damage. I would suggest replacing these traits with benefits more appropriate to a precision/critical damage based build, such as a chance for arrows to grant fury when hit.

Whether or not the sword’s auto attack is designed to root the player to the ground, I wanted to point out some current issues:

- If you need to interact in a hurry (eg. revive someone or pick up a conjured weapon), you must wait until the auto attack chain allows you to do so.

- If rangers have been given a dodge in both skills 2 and 3 of their sword, these dodge skills should be ready without delay. Skill #2 takes time after activation to actually dodge. Not only does the ranger currently have to wait until their auto attack permits them to activate this skill (unless they are lucky with timing), they are also helpless for the first half of the animation.

- Lightning Reflexes needs to be reworked. I’ll steal a suggestion from the ranger forums: It should cure crippled, immobilized and chilled. As a skill that aids in the ranger’s survivability, the damage it deals is unnecessary.

- Move the stun breaker from Signet of Renewal to one of the other signets (I would suggest Hunt or Wild). Rangers that need a stun breaker is often (and I’d argue more often than not) during times that immediate condition removal is unnecessary. If this stun break was moved to Signet of the Hunt, players would have an incentive to activate this signet. Alternatively, giving the stun breaker to Signet of the Wild would bring it up to standard with skills like ‘Stand Your Ground’ or ‘Balanced Stance’.

- And concerning stability, I agree with the numerous Elementalists who argue that the cooldown for Armor of Earth, even if reduced to 75 seconds, is too long.

- I’d also like to suggest that Signet of the Wild apply stability to both the ranger as well as the pet without the need for a (grandmaster!) trait, especially since this signet is not a stun breaker.

Lastly, I wanted to make a comparison between two weapon skills of different professions. As these skills serve the same purpose, I am extremely concerned with profession balance.

Windborne Speed (Elementalist)
You and nearby allies gain swiftness, while curing crippled, immobilized, and chilled.
Swiftness: 10s
Radius: 240
Recharge time: 30s

Charge (Warrior)
Grant swiftness to yourself and allies, while curing chilled, crippled, and immobilized.
Swiftness: 10s
Range: 1200
Recharge time: 15s

Charge has half the recharge time as Windborne Speed, yet five times the radius. Why is this? Charge takes ¼ of a second longer to cast but this difference is so minute it is negligible.

(edited by Skweak.7392)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

since two handed weapons will now have 2 sigil slots, meaning that everyone always has 2 sigil slots available in every weapon set (except of course in the starter instances) … are there any plans for sigil sets, with set bonuses? these could be class specific set bonuses even.

and also…

superior sigil of demon summoning.

how i expect it to work:
a) gain a stack when killing a foe
b) when gaining the 26th stack, lose all stacks and summon a fleshreaver
c) gain more stacks when killing subsequent foes
d) when gaining the new 26th stack, same as b)
e) repeat

how it works for me:
a) gain a stack when killing a foe
b) when gaining the 26th stack, lose all stacks and summon a fleshreaver
c) no longer gain stacks

what i hope the update does:
a) make the sigil act like how i expect it to act

P.S. sorry about harping on sigils and runes so much… i’m just really excited about the changes to them!

– The Baconnaire

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Warrior:
Our changes for warrior focus on providing telegraphs to stronger skills and to reduce the passive benefit gained from Healing Signet.

• We’re looking for ways to incentivize using Healing Signet’s active without increasing overall sustain. We’d love to hear your thoughts on this.

Here is my suggestion for how you could incentivize using Healing Signet’s active without increasing overall sustain…

Instead of having a passive that incentivizes not using the active. Change the passive to trigger a heal if the player uses their Burst skill. The player could then choose to lose short-term damage by utilizing their class mechanic to deliver some damage and passive heal, or use the active heal to provide a larger heal and maintain that heightened level of damage, but lose out on that potential sustained heal for a short time.

This would reduce the passive benefit gained from Healing Signet by requiring more active play to receive the heal and making a trade off between passive healing and damage. While incentivizing the use of Healing Signet’s active element by not requiring the player to make that trade off, but still making the player choose between burst healing or sustained healing.

Quaggan likes this idea. Very much. And I do too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

While I am tempted to kvetch like everyone else on the low number of class balance changes, I am also mindful that the deceptively short section about Runes and Sigils getting a review on top of individual cool-downs is actually a freaking potentially huge amount of work done if they actually went through them all to make them more equitable.

And Runes and Sigils do drastically affect class and build balance.

So I’ll wait and see how that turns out before complaining.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vampirial.9056

Vampirial.9056

While I am tempted to kvetch like everyone else on the low number of class balance changes, I am also mindful that the deceptively short section about Runes and Sigils getting a review on top of individual cool-downs is actually a freaking potentially huge amount of work done if they actually went through them all to make them more equitable.

They also stated that these were just the balances they were allowed to talk about.

Which im guessing means they only account for around 25% of the total balances. (or less)

also i think turrets should gain 50-75% dmg reduction from aoe skills. that would allow for them to still be killed easily if focused, but keep them from instantly dieing to random aoe spam.

(edited by Vampirial.9056)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

I agree it is a massive amount of work, but would like to counter that by asking, would that time and effort not be better spent fixing classes first?

It seems to me they are hell bent on avoiding the underlying issues and are doing anything else to make it appear that they are doing something. Since everyone has access to the same runes and sigils surely it would not alter balance in such a drastic fashion.

I’ve only heard someone say a class is OP because of their runes and sigils when talking Melandru + Lemongrass + Dogged March, Perplexity insert condi class and Thieves running Lyassa.

Furthermore with the massive and sweeping changes to gear, runes and sigils how can they expect to accurately monitor class balance when any changes they make are going to be buried under new data monitoring the effects of changes to gear, runes and sigils?

The entire balance team’s track record, I’m sorry to say, screams inexperience and inability to deal with the scope of the task at hand. Perhaps they need more members, perhaps they need to be replaced, but something needs to be done for the good and future of this game.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

I would post potential problems and balance suggestions but after playing the elementalist for so long I find it hard to believe it would be anything more than a waste of my time.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Keep in mind that stuff like Lemon grass + Melandru are usually very easy to spot due to their effect; others potentially less so, and thus get screamed about less.

Though I do think they basically wasted a year+ of time investing in festival events when they should have been class polishing more.

Either way; still a lot of work left. I’m not going to spit too much about this work in particular considering it was one of the things that needed done pretty badly.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

if it isn’t fixing condi meta, i’m not interested.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

In a way, it is. The reduction in Critical Damage influences the importance of Critical Chance, which is tied to on-critical effects, which are important for some condition builds. There you go, now you have to be interested :p

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

Is that all you got for THIEF? Poisons are useless atm anyway..

MESMERS – They will still be overpowered. A profession like this, with clone spamming abilities that distract the opposite player, should NOT be overpowered.

ENGINEERS – They are fine… the class which in my opinion requires the most skill to play and gets equally rewarded.

I love the PvP Engie main calling the Mesmer OP.

PvP engi main

wut?

l2p I guess.

i guess you’re bad at guessing
‘cause I don’t know what’s the pvp engie main about lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It could be interesting if HS gave protection on activation. Or some other combination of useful boons on top of the heal.
Or if it could be used to buff your next attacks / recharge weapon skills while still healing you with the active.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hartwig.8914

Hartwig.8914

Necromancer Dhuumfire seems like a bad decision for PvE and WvW.

PvE:

• Condition builds are already week in PvE.
  • Switching in-and-out to DS every 10 seconds to maximize procs feels clunky. It can only provide a bad user experience.
  • DS feels as a dps loss for Condimancer.
  • Removing proc from critical strikes at the same time as changing on-crit sigils to on-hit will make Precision useless stat for Necromancers.

WvW:

• Necromancer is already a bad roamer with the lack of proper escapes.
  • LB is extremely easy to dodge because of long cast, slow projectile and DS telegraph.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Necromancer Dhuumfire seems like a bad decision for PvE and WvW.

PvE:

• Condition builds are already week in PvE.
  • Switching in-and-out to DS every 10 seconds to maximize procs feels clunky. It can only provide a bad user experience.
  • DS feels as a dps loss for Condimancer.
  • Removing proc from critical strikes at the same time as changing on-crit sigils to on-hit will make Precision useless stat for Necromancers.

WvW:

• Necromancer is already a bad roamer with the lack of proper escapes.
  • LB is extremely easy to dodge because of long cast, slow projectile and DS telegraph.

Condition builds being weak in pve has nothing to do with traits or classes. Its to do with pve mechanics. No matter how much you buff/nerf condi traits they will always be bad in pve unless the mechanics are improved on.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

In a way, it is. The reduction in Critical Damage influences the importance of Critical Chance, which is tied to on-critical effects, which are important for some condition builds. There you go, now you have to be interested :p

as far as i know, they’re still seperate even after the introduction of ferocity. not unless there’s something i missed. if i was after proc chance, i’d gun for proc chance and wouldn’t care if crit damage was reduced by 10000% or even down to a negative. it’s something else i’m waiting for. it’s something else the majority is waiting for. i appreciate the effort but they’re tackling something arguably already generation behind. that late.

it’s a downright perfect partner for stealth as it presents an almost no risk way to being revealed. i’m sure staff is aware of it but do we really need to wait for half a year on this?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

This can’t possibly be all they are changing?

What about Necro skill lock when coming out of transforms? That’s a pretty big problem – i have died a number of times because my heal was locked out… i don’t understand why this hasn’t been fixed. Months go by and game breaking bugs still persist.. it’s terrible.

Signet of Vampirisim is still terrible – i don’t understand how this made it to release? All siphoning is terrible and needs to be looked at…

Dhuumfire changes – i think this will hurt condi Necros. It would be nice if they could have some of the previous re-balancing nerfs back – reduced bleeds, terror nerf etc… at least move Dhuuumfire to Master tier.

Wonder what’s next on the nerf block for Necros… A-net trying to hit some sort of record for consecutive nerfs?

This whole post seems underwhelming for many of the classes here.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I don’t see any particular issue with any of the changes listed, but Is this seriously it? There are so many skills on so many professions that desperately need updates.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Misty Six.6587

Misty Six.6587

Cool changes guys! Sigils .. runes, that’s cool.

(Could you please reduce the cost of these PvE specific dungeon runes? They’re so expensive, I want to get the kodan sanctuary runes but I have no way to run the expl dungeon cause no one runs that… and so, yeah.. I find myself in this pickle, if you could reduce the cost on it somehow or make it more uh, “gettable” or available)

Also, Litany of Wrath on the guardian skill:

I feel the warrior new healing skill should be the skill of guardians – as WARRIORS mainly dmg so they would benefit from LoW the most, guardians are more of a bunker and the warriors new healing skill would fit them more.. also, it’s a bit op as..

My warrior friend just heals up from low hp to 20k in a second, in the press of a button lol.

So maybe they can be swapped out or litany of wrath made a bit better cause Guardians don’t really do that much dmg lol? … Lengthen the duration or add a protection/stability buff to it… That would do it justice.

Otherise, thank you for your hard work!

Also, could Glacial Hammer be worked with just a LILLL more (maybe 20 seconds or 25 seconds cooldown, as I feel 30 seconds is still too long.. for it to be a trait, or to make it a bit more viable).

Otherwise thank you!

And here’s to me hoping that the post will be seen..

(edited by Misty Six.6587)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

1) like suggested above, make dhummfire (name change needed) a proc on crit torment so we can stack it on people. We have the weakness of having to stay and fight why not let us punish those who try to run.

well you are at it shift the damage on torment away from the passive dot and onto the well moving part.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Morgash.3165

Morgash.3165

-

Flame Burst – BORING
How about this:
Increase casting time to 3/4 seconds. Teleport to target area, dealing damage and burning nearby foes.

Unsteady Ground = Line of Warding
Instead of a line of Warding Clone, how about this:
Create an Unsteady Ground at your feet. For 3 seconds, foes attacking you in melee are knockdown.

Dragon’s Tooth – High risk, low reward.
How about this:
Reduce its damage by 50%, remove the blast finisher, recharges INSTANTLY if it hits a foe.

[Gale – WEAK
Removes a boon, reduce recharge to 40.

These to are just no no…..

Flame Burst:
Last thing I want to do as a Staff ele is get closer to my target. Staff ele’s already have mobility issues and sustained damage issues. leave this alone and put the teleport on Windborne speed. Other wise you just removed another damage ability from staff ele do to no one wanting to use that other then for escape.

Dragons Tooth:
This change is another bad one. The issue is cast time to spell landing. Reducing damage by 50% removing blast just made it worthless. If you change damage and blasting by that much you need to increase speed or it becomes worthless.

Unsteady ground:
Again your breaking utility of staff. This spell in its current form along with static field is a zerg breaker. It has to stay range so staff eles can do there job. Making it melee would in effect break one of our primary roles as a disruption tool in WvW zerg combat.

I Agree that Gale needs help. I think a better change is

Gale:
Along with push back it knocks target down.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Necro vampiric master should be reduced by 15% to make other life stealing builds. Just as affective.
It would. Be nice if wars HS activate. Gave a buff. not aegis,
Idk protection. For a short petiod of time. But nothing. To strong so people stop complaining

You do know that life stealing build in general all are underpowered right? vampiric master is not the one that need nerf its the whole blood tree that needs a buff!

’’’’’’Pet builds deserved to be used only by AI. AI controlled by AI, nothing else. Anet should murder those builds and never again make them viable. Game would become better, especially in pvp.’’’’’’

MM is only good in 1 v 1 and rarely against good players to begin with. You talk about nerfing MM maybe you should nerf Mesmer stunlock mass damage and warrior Bow/sword before talking about build wich actualy should be buffed up?
Minions and pet deserve love! Make our pet get damage scaling as it should be.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I fail to see how an elite skill of the engineer with a cooldown of 3 minutes needed a nerf and other( I wont call them out) stun professionskills can do this every few seconds?
Is this because of the well known engineer trains marching across EB and scaring every borderlands patrol?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I fail to see how an elite skill of the engineer with a cooldown of 3 minutes needed a nerf and other( I wont call them out) stun professionskills can do this every few seconds?
Is this because of the well known engineer trains marching across EB and scaring every borderlands patrol?

The way ANet balances their game boggles the mind, does it not?. Especially as they continue to ignore the one class that are actually using continous stuns/cripples/immobilize.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Guardian is what i play the most so I feel like I can at least comment on it.

You’re nerfing Vigorous Precision why? I understand that this is also happening to Mesmers as well, so it’s an across the board approach, but again I just don’t follow why this needs to happen. Dodging is a core mechanic of this game, so players are going to dodge. I don’t think taking boon duration to compensate for this makes sense either. We already have a hard nerf to our over all damage in the works, taking away from our damage potential to get boon duration up isn’t going to happen either. Dodging may trivialize some PVE bosses but it’s a matter of life and death in other scenarios especially PVP play. I would think the problem lies within making the PVE bosses more challenging.

To compensate for this nerf to dodging we are given buffs to the guardian healing skills I almost never see used. The proposed buffs to Healing Breeze and Litany of Wrath will not make me choose use those over Shelter or Signet of Resolve. I would only consider Litany if I ran meditations which are not effective in PVE since they mostly only help the Guardian. Healing Breeze has never been a desirable healing skill by the player base I think most players try it once out of curiosity then switch back to a different skill. The only time I see this as being useful is if the guardian has gone deep into healing gear and traits and is using it in a WvW zerg. That’s pretty situational.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

You’re nerfing Vigorous Precision why? I understand that this is also happening to Mesmers as well, so it’s an across the board approach, but again I just don’t follow why this needs to happen. Dodging is a core mechanic of this game, so players are going to dodge. I don’t think taking boon duration to compensate for this makes sense either. We already have a hard nerf to our over all damage in the works, taking away from our damage potential to get boon duration up isn’t going to happen either. Dodging may trivialize some PVE bosses but it’s a matter of life and death in other scenarios especially PVP play. I would think the problem lies within making the PVE bosses more challenging.

While dodging is a core mechanic in the game, it should not be so easy to get 100% vigor uptime with a 5 point minor trait, that is way too good for a 5 point minor trait.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

While we are fixing outliers…please look at the application rate of torment on impale.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghlitch.8932

Ghlitch.8932

While we are fixing outliers…please look at the application rate of torment on impale.

It’s fun fighting a group of pirates and getting 15-25 stacks of torment on you. Deathly Swarm + Epidemic makes my condition necro feel good.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

While dodging is a core mechanic in the game, it should not be so easy to get 100% vigor uptime with a 5 point minor trait, that is way too good for a 5 point minor trait.

I wonder how players that run condition builds and spend 5 points to get bleeds on crit would feel about that. Singling out dodging, and vigor puts a vice on anyone who runs damage builds. I don’t know why they are coming down on us so hard, they already nerfed our damage 10% now they want us to dodge less? Why so we can sacrifice even more damage to stay alive by piling on armor or switching to defensive traits and builds? I guess you can play how you want unless you like glass. Furthermore that trait directly affects the next minor trait in Honor trait line, which is heals on dodge, and I thought they wanted more viable support not less.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I wonder how players that run condition builds and spend 5 points to get bleeds on crit would feel about that. Singling out dodging, and vigor puts a vice on anyone who runs damage builds. I don’t know why they are coming down on us so hard, they already nerfed our damage 10% now they want us to dodge less? Why so we can sacrifice even more damage to stay alive by piling on armor or switching to defensive traits and builds? I guess you can play how you want unless you like glass. Furthermore that trait directly affects the next minor trait in Honor trait line, which is heals on dodge, and I thought they wanted more viable support not less.

can’t compare the two, on crit bleeds is 66% for a very low duration bleed. This change does effect my mesmer also less dodge=less clones, I would be upset but it was stayed they want to lower vigor across all classes and that’s what’s happening.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

At present these skills are too strong and limit the build condition. These skills should be modified. Example…

-Warriors-
Berserker Stance (Reduces the duration of the conditions of 50%. Duration 10sec /CD 60sec ).

-Elementalist-
Diamond Skin (As long as it is at 90% or more life, conditions the last 50% less).

-Engineer-
Automated Response (When you are at 25% life or less, you become immune to all the conditions for 5 sec. CD 20sec).

I hope that these skills are changed. Sorry for the english I’m using google translator.

Wrong approach. Why not just allow the conditions to build on the player and stack and just not deal damage? That way if the thing preventing them from doing damage drops, they’re already stacked and ready.

If we did it your way, the Ele and Eng options wouldn’t have any use whatsoever and no one would use Berserker Stance over a signet.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kusanagi.3150

kusanagi.3150

Hi, I would like to give you my opinion, as a d/d Elementalist.

Elementalist:
Our changes for the elementalist focus on increasing sustain while maintaining the delicate balance between damage and durability. We achieved this by adding more defensive effects to a few main-hand weapon sets.

• Signet of Restoration: Removed the split on this skill so that the signet passive heal amount will be increased in PvP to match the current PvE amount.
  • Armor of Earth: Reduced recharge from 90 seconds to 75 seconds.
  • Water Trident: Added 3 seconds of regeneration to up to 5 allies in the radius.
  • Burning Speed: This ability now evades attacks.
  • Frozen Burst: This ability is now a blast finisher.

Signet of Restoration: Nice to see the nerf reverted. Now I think the active heal should be more powerful than the passive, even if it means nerfing the latter. Currently I never use the active heal because that’s not worth the loss of the passive during the cd of SoR. We should have a good reason to use the active heal. And this is either a better active heal or an additionnal effect like a good cleanse. Of course, the signet will be even more powerful with Written in Stone but that’s the point of a master trait.

And I have the same feeling for the Healing Signet.

Armor of Earth: Glad to see the cooldown lowered. I like cantrips, so it’s not a problem for me but there are so many utilities who should be buffed. Or redesigned maybe. I understand that it would take more time. So in definitive, a good change I think.

Water Trident: I’m not playing Scepter but this will not be a big gain of sustain… It will be interesting with Cleansing Water though.

Burning Speed: Really glad to see a buff to one of my favorite skills. Some could say it doesn’t need a buff. I agree it’s a strong skill, but from my point of view, this skill is telegraphed and hard to land against good players without using an immobilization. A nice little buff for d/d.

Frozen Burst: Interesting change. I suppose it’s logical when you look at the animation. Will be nice with Fresh Air: Air > Earth for immobilization > Fire > Water with Frozen Burst > Air.

Guardian:
We’re continuing to lower the amount of vigor available to all professions, especially from sources with low trait point investments.

• Vigorous Precision: Increased the recharge from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

Mesmer:
We’re continuing to lower the amount of vigor available to all professions, especially from sources with low trait point investments.

• Critical Infusion: Increased the recharge from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

I’m a little worried. Will you do the same with Renewing Stamina in the future?

Our changes for the elementalist focus on increasing sustain while maintaining the delicate balance between damage and durability.

I would like to talk about the Elementalist sustain. The main source of death for me is Conditions.

Elementalist has the lowest base Toughness and Vitality. These are the two main stats of defense. I don’t count invulnerability skills, dodge and heal as main.
You could say that the Elementalist should increase first his Toughness, while less Vitality is not necessarily a problem, thanks to the heal over time that we can produce.

Now the problem with Conditions is that it ignores purely and simply Toughness. Yes, Conditions can be removed but condition removal aren’t something you always have (i.e on cd) and mostly require an action while Vitality and Toughness are always here. So no, the fact that we can remove Conditions isn’t on par with the fact that Conditions ignore the Toughness. And that makes Conditions really strong.

Back to the Ele. Stacking Toughness doesn’t help. But stacking Vitality doesn’t really help either because of our low base Toughness. And our condition removal has been nerfed in PvP. And even in WvW, Conditions give me a hard time. Don’t get me wrong, Cleansing Water and Ether Renewal are awesome abilities but that’s all.

So with our poor base stats, without exclusive defense mechanic, I think we need better condition removal. Or a Condition nerf.

Based on this, I was thinking on a few ideas:

- Make the attunement switch clean a condition related to the attunement:

Fire: Clean Chilled.
Air: Clean Cripple.
Water: Clean Burning.
Earth: Clean Vulnerability.

- In PvP, lower the internal cooldown of Cleansing Water from 5 seconds to 2 or 3 seconds.

- Like Might impacts both Power and Condition, make Protection work against Conditions.

Good or not, I hope this will somehow help!

Elementalist – Blood Legio [BL]

(edited by kusanagi.3150)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

So I haven’t read the whole thread, but there are two things I’ve been waiting for to see: Flesh Golem capable of being used underwater (Necromancer), and Grenade Kit getting an auto-attack (Engineer). I figure these two things can’t be that hard to implement.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Is anything ever going to be done about the following two egregious problems with my two favorite classes?

Thief P/P – Vital Shot’s weakness kills the whole set. It forces you to over-rely on Initiative (Unload spam) for basic sustained DPS, which is boring, and renders all of the utility skills mostly useless. Vital Shot should come closer to Unload’s damage output so Initiative can be managed properly, resulting in a significant usability buff for the set without really making it more ‘powerful’ per se. Trick Shot is similar, but not as bad.

Ele Staff – In PvE, Fire is the only consistently usable attunement. Earth and Water are too situational and Air is just lackluster in general and tends to be little more than a filler. Earth and Water should just get significant damage buffs to their autoattacks so they are functional when solo. Lightning Surge needs to have a quicker cast time, Chain Lightning either needs to be faster, stronger, or totally replaced by a high damage single target attack, and Gust needs a better hit-box and should do modest damage.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ntranced.7415

Ntranced.7415

One of our goals with the past few balance updates has been to add counterplay to various skills that lacked telegraphs. With necromancer, we’re changing the way that Dhuumfire is activated – allowing players the opportunity to react. This will also allow the necromancer to carefully plan their burning application.

Hmm thats almost a clever sell but I’m not buying it.

Carefully planning my burning application? Actually I want to apply it all the time, as easily as possible and control it. In this case I get to add it far too infrequently in the wrong place and the wrong time. Plus…

Allowing players the opportunity to react. I understand that PVP players want more skills telegraphed, I can see that for stuns etc it make sense because encounter changing skills like a stun etc SHOULD have an opportunity to react if you have the reflexes. Putting dhuumfire on DS isn’t just telgraphing we are going to be adding burning, it might as well be sending them an in game email – they will have time to open up the mail, read it, switch back to game and STILL easily dodge the slow moving projectile. That is always assuming that anyone would use their dodge just to avoid the lacklustre results – I mean if it was only a necro on me then maybe, but if there was any other class with CC I’d rather save it for that (especially considering the changes to vigor). In fact with torment and burning in DS any unskilled player is just going to save any cleanse of conditions till we’ve used our DS rotation. It is handholding of the highest order that I’ve ever seen in any MMO.

As others have said – this change takes a grandmaster trait and makes it worthless, it should be adept at best and likely is in the wrong tree as well. You know I’d live with it though if the other GM trait in Spite wasn’t equally as uninspiring and just a copy/paste of any other class trait. How about a GM trait that wells apply torment per tick? I mean anything creative would be nice and making it worthwhile to put that 30 points in spite would be a bonus too.

I don’t think most necros really care about burning that much, maybe in PvP they do but that is a tiny subset of the game. The one really good suggestion on here was making it torment instead (and losing the DS aspect) because that would make up for a lack of stability and the fact we are forced to see out encounters. Thiefs having easier access to Torment is a strange choice but let’s not open that can of worms.

Finally: necros have had constant chipping away at other aspects since dhuumfire was introduced to try and placate the PvP howls but I don’t see any of those changes being reversed. Introduce this change the class will be right back where it started: useless/unwanted in PvE, slightly above ranger in WvWvW. Or is that the intention?

Aurora Glade [KISS]

(edited by Ntranced.7415)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

As the devs have repeated every time they talk about this preview, including in the opening post of this thread: This is NOT everything. These are just some examples.

I should be writing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ntranced.7415

Ntranced.7415

As the devs have repeated every time they talk about this preview, including in the opening post of this thread: This is NOT everything. These are just some examples.

Indeed, and this thread is made up largely of feedback to the things they can talk about now and not the items they haven’t revealed yet. Feedback was asked for, and it has been given.

Aurora Glade [KISS]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

Warrior:

Healing Signet Active: Cures Poison then quadruples healing effectiveness for the next 5 seconds.

Healing Signet’s base after nerf, 361, would quadruple to 1,444 for each second for the next five seconds, ending up with a 7,220 heal.

Potency, length of time, CD is open to scrutiny.

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

dear anet, thank you for nerfing mindless dodge+ai spam on mes /bow

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

10/10 trolling.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I would like to add that a much needed condi duration increase/decrease nerf NEEDS to be implemented.

… I still want tengu.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I would like to add that a much needed condi duration increase/decrease nerf NEEDS to be implemented.

I wonder whether changing Condi Duration and Boon Duration to function like Ferocity will would be a good change. There are serious issues as it stands with condi duration in wvw.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DejaVu.9825

DejaVu.9825

you can resolve the problem you if you go into stealth you continue to be affected by Rapid Fire?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I wonder whether changing Condi Duration and Boon Duration to function like Ferocity will would be a good change. There are serious issues as it stands with condi duration in wvw.

Oh I’m sorry, I meant just the food. The 40% increase/decrease just from food is outrageously OP and should have been nerfed long ago.

… I still want tengu.