Feature Build Balance Preview

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Oh I’m sorry, I meant just the food. The 40% increase/decrease just from food is outrageously OP and should have been nerfed long ago.

There’re also things like Giver’s weapons that have preposterously huge amounts of condition damage on them.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

When exactly can we expect this patch?

Stormbluff Isle

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Oh I’m sorry, I meant just the food. The 40% increase/decrease just from food is outrageously OP and should have been nerfed long ago.

There’re also things like Giver’s weapons that have preposterously huge amounts of condition damage on them.

They don’t actually, they have no condition damage on them at all. They have condition duration. Condition duration is less effective – for the longer lasting DOT conditions at least – as it seems, as long lasting conditions have a higher chance of being cleansed before doing their work.

But perhaps all condition duration modifiers, increasing as well as decreasing, on gear should be tempered to within a smaller range. Both sides should be options, not mandatory.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

When exactly can we expect this patch?

nothing really.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Misty Six.6587

Misty Six.6587

Cool changes guys! Sigils .. runes, that’s cool.

(Could you please reduce the cost of these PvE specific dungeon runes? They’re so expensive, I want to get the kodan sanctuary runes but I have no way to run the expl dungeon cause no one runs that… and so, yeah.. I find myself in this pickle, if you could reduce the cost on it somehow or make it more uh, “gettable” or available)

Also, Litany of Wrath on the guardian skill:

I feel the warrior new healing skill should be the skill of guardians – as WARRIORS mainly dmg so they would benefit from LoW the most, guardians are more of a bunker and the warriors new healing skill would fit them more.. also, it’s a bit op as..

My warrior friend just heals up from low hp to 20k in a second, in the press of a button lol.

So maybe they can be swapped out or litany of wrath made a bit better cause Guardians don’t really do that much dmg lol? … Lengthen the duration or add a protection/stability buff to it… That would do it justice.

Otherise, thank you for your hard work!

Also, could Glacial Hammer be worked with just a LILLL more (maybe 20 seconds or 25 seconds cooldown, as I feel 30 seconds is still too long.. for it to be a trait, or to make it a bit more viable).

Otherwise thank you!

And here’s to me hoping that the post will be seen..

Just gonna reiterate this just in case. :P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

you can resolve the problem you if you go into stealth you continue to be affected by Rapid Fire?

That’s not a “problem” or bug, its intended design. RF is a channelled skill, and is designed to continue to target the enemy once activated even if they enter stealth. Its one of the very VERY few things Ranger LB has going for it.

@Devs – We Rangers need a LOT more than a couple of frankly nonsense “tweaks”. The Ranger hate is getting out of hand, and is starting to severely impact players ability to to do the content. Rangers are consistently treated as a dead weight in any team oriented content.

It’s gotten to the stage now where the vast majority of the player base is now shunning any and all ranger players regardless of build/weapons/pets they have. On top of that Rangers are blamed for every event failure to the point where vitriolic hate is spewed at them for no reason.

Enough is enough Anet, get your finger out and fix the class.

(edited by Lexandro.1456)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maciora.9542

maciora.9542

One suggestion for engineer : Napalm skill from FT should not be rect but round like from bomb or toolkit skill from flame turret…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vespero.6180

Vespero.6180

Seems like someone forgot about Rangers in gw2… but it’s easy to forget since nowadays we can’t see a lot of rangers around.
And tell me, how could you think to promote other build than berserker when:
A) condition is barelly useless since you can’t place yours if there’re already someonelse using it..
B) Every single dungeon is made of “Full Zerk (no noob) or Kick”
C) Healing – boon duration build is a Joke for every class…

Seems like you tried to destroy the trinity, but by doing that you created a new super role.. The Supreme DPS.
Anet, is that really better than trinity? At least before we had some kind of diversity …

Do you really think that 10% less damage will make someone use other builds?

Sincerely Anet, You had soooo many times to work on this balance fix and that’s all?
It’s faster to wait for an other game than for your balance/new content

Just to give you an hint … try to check the apposite forum section you created .. there’s one for each profession… if you really “love” to hear our feedback why didn’t you read that section? i’m pretty sure that if you did that, this list of balance fix would bee way longer

(edited by Vespero.6180)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

^^ this..

I totally agree, its time for everyone i think to face the truth..GW2 had potentials but it failed in many aspects in the end..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

But when is this update?

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DejaVu.9825

DejaVu.9825

You’re going to OT.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

They don’t actually, they have no condition damage on them at all. They have condition duration. Condition duration is less effective – for the longer lasting DOT conditions at least – as it seems, as long lasting conditions have a higher chance of being cleansed before doing their work.

But perhaps all condition duration modifiers, increasing as well as decreasing, on gear should be tempered to within a smaller range. Both sides should be options, not mandatory.

Whoops, my mistake.

Condition duration isn’t really there for the longer lasting damaging conditions. Multiple sources of small amounts of condition duration stack up to add extra ticks to quickly applied and dropped damaging conditions, and most importantly every 1% of condition duration affects controlling conditions. When abilities are tuned to deliver a certain amount of cripple/chill/immobilise/fear and then someone slaps on an extra 100% through a mix of traits, food, runes and Giver’s weapons, it at the very least becomes incredibly unfun. The food provides the single highest amount of condi duration in that pile- More than all your traits, and more than your runes, armor and weapons combined.

I think everyone here already knows this though, so.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Profession Changes

Elementalist:
Our changes for the elementalist focus on increasing sustain while maintaining the delicate balance between damage and durability. We achieved this by adding more defensive effects to a few main-hand weapon sets.

• Signet of Restoration: Removed the split on this skill so that the signet passive heal amount will be increased in PvP to match the current PvE amount.
  • Armor of Earth: Reduced recharge from 90 seconds to 75 seconds.
  • Water Trident: Added 3 seconds of regeneration to up to 5 allies in the radius.
  • Burning Speed: This ability now evades attacks.
  • Frozen Burst: This ability is now a blast finisher.

“focus on increasing sustain while maintaining the delicate balance between damage and durability”

You do know that Ele have NO balance when it comes to durability and damage for ele right? I mean you build for durability and you have no damage. You build for damage and you have no durability…

For Ele it is one or the other, thanks to the insanely (and in my opinion unwarranted!) high cool downs on defensive skills and the fact that (again unwarranted!) Ele has Low Health AND low Armor We have to build, trait, gem or what ever to get higher health and toughness because for some reason Ele deserves to have the lowest health, Lowest armor AND insane cool downs of defensive skills.

These changes will do NOTHING to help the class when it comes to sustain, sure a few changes are decent but when all is considered they are far from what is needed for the class.

Either damaging skills has to be increased or Health and Armor has to be increased. The class has NO reason to have 11k health and the lowest armor in the game when all the defensive options they have are on such long cool downs. I am betting someone will mention the healing and such – yeah that is true, shame it requires A LOT of Healing Power and using LONG cool down skills. Hell, my Regen at nearly 900Healing Power is LESS than a Warrior just equipping Healing Signet and nothing else…

And for that healing we sacrifice A LOT of damage and support – what does the Warrior sacrifice equipping Healing Signet? Nothing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Necromancer:
One of our goals with the past few balance updates has been to add counterplay to various skills that lacked telegraphs. With necromancer, we’re changing the way that Dhuumfire is activated – allowing players the opportunity to react. This will also allow the necromancer to carefully plan their burning application. We’ve also adjusted some values for Minion Master builds based on player feedback.
•Putrid Explosion: This ability is no longer unblockable.
•Training of the Master: Reduced the damage increase to minions from 30% to 25%.
•Dhuumfire: This trait has been changed so that it will make Life Blast inflict 3 seconds of burning with a 10 second recharge.
•Vampiric Master: Reduced the effectiveness of this trait by 10%. The healing portion of this trait will now scale with the necromancer’s healing power stat.

- Dhuumfire is not whole source of problems with condinecros. Nerfing dhuumfire does very little to condibombing. Even though has some effect on 1v1.
- Putrid explosion. Did someone actually complain about this in sensible manner? I really do not get this. Maybe high level meta problem or something.
- Training of the master. 5% nerf. Yeah, well, let me tell you problem with minion master is that everyone is minion master. Not this one trait which actually makes minions marginally useful. If you really want to do something, well, I think problem is that you can have only couple of builds based on minions with some specific gear sets. Not this trait.
- Vampiric master. Oh god. Please stop making healing power useful for necromancers and nerf even last working power builds at same time. Vampiric traits were finally marginally useful for some fun but not op builds. Just remove healing power stat requirements. Or even better whole healing power stat should be removed from game and healing skills balanced that in mind. To make healing power skills you would first need some working healing builds, which do not make sense at all with necro.

Instead please focus on solving condibombing, make more viable minion skill trees maybe combined with condi or power builds, more minions to pick especially elite. Also work out survivability problems for builds which rely on defensive conditions to keep them alive like glassy power or condi builds which are now in worse position than ever. Condi cleansing is just too powerful or random. Worst example is warrior.

All that said. Burning condition is over the top damage-wise or at least some classes have too easy spammable sources to cause burning. Not just dhuumfire necros which have it on 30 point trait. For example you cannot continuosly Dodge huge spammable burning fields, or have 6th sense to know when some random burning procs from crit or block or whatsoever.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Profession Balance

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

As the devs have repeated every time they talk about this preview, including in the opening post of this thread: This is NOT everything. These are just some examples.

I can only hope that the rest of the skill updates arent as kitten as the ones we know.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jimmy.1476

Jimmy.1476

Necromancer: i can see 4 nerfs.If necro is so much overpowered,why i cant see too many necromancers in game?Why i can see primary warriors and guardians everywhere?Why is there invasion of thiefs and mesmers in wvw and no invasion of necromancers?There is only one less played class than necro-engineer,so i dont understant why nerf one from two least played classes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

As the devs have repeated every time they talk about this preview, including in the opening post of this thread: This is NOT everything. These are just some examples.

I can only hope that the rest of the skill updates arent as kitten as the ones we know.

Your hopes are in vain, think about when was the last time ANet pleasantly surprised you?

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dave Pare.2069

Dave Pare.2069

Profession Changes

Ranger:
We’re going to be fixing a bug with Spirit of Nature that caused it to have an incorrect healing power value. We’re also looking at adding combo fields to existing abilities to allow for more play through different combo finishers.

• Spirit of Nature: Reduced the healing per second while summoned from 480 to 320.
  • Viper’s Nest: This ability is now a poison combo field.
  • (Added) Keen Edge: This trait is now classified as a Survival Skill.

I agree with you when you say ranger has some bugs that need to be fixed. Honestly I don’t understand the purpose in the changes of viper’s nest: the real problem with ranger traps in PvP is that, even with the traits that improve this kind of skills you’re still missing the main important thing for using them. The skirmishing trait “trapper’s expertise” gives you only a 600 range for traps making them not so usefull in a condition orientated build, forcing you to stay melee in order to deal damage with them; considering that the necro condition has a lot more aoes than ranger and that they are all 1200 range why should I go with a rnager trapper build instead of a necro condition build?

If you’re trying to make the traps used in game, I think you should not only add the combo fields to the trap skills but also improve the range of them to 900 at least and maybe adding some more buffs to traps skills and traits, making it worth to spend points in a trait line that buffs your precision and crit. damage (really not the stats i’m looking for in a condi. build).

Since the last balance patches I was happy to see the possibilities of a Ranger power build increased but I think it still misses something. The main problem of a power orientated build in my opinion is the pet: considering that a ranger pet is about 30% of it’s damage source and in PvP it never hits, a ranger dps deals about 20-25% less damage compared to other Dps builds of other classes. I understand that reworking the pets A.i. is a really big thing, but maybe you can come out with some creative solutions (I have faith in you!!!). I was thinking maybe to buff the general ranger damage for a 10% and nerf the pet damage a bit (very risky solution)…or maybe improve the damage only for weapons used most commonly in dps builds (like GS and LB) and adding even some more bonuses to the power and precision trait lines that work well in a power orientated build.

I was cool to the spirit build nerfs, they were well thought, but I was hoping for some more pointed buffs as well. I think you should try with something drastic this time, there’s always time to nerf it later if needed!!!

(edited by Dave Pare.2069)

in Profession Balance

DejaVu.9825

I will try to explain better. Google translator…

According to me, "all the abilities that make it permanently immune to conditions should be reviewed. I can’t kill 2-3 players simultaneously in spvp. … But if I am also only 1 engineer with the stretch automated response (even if noob) manages to scapparmi always … because of direct damage the 500. I propose to put a CD in certain trait… example:

Berserker stance:
Removes all the conditions and make them immune to them for 5seconds. Gain protection 5 sec.

Execution: 2/4
CD: 60sec

Italian:
Riassumendo… vorrei che i tratti o utility che rendono immuni alla condizioni permanentemente, come il tratto dell’ingegnere, vengano riviste, aggiungendo se non altro un tempo di ricarica. Sono un giocatore abbastanza bravo ma contro determinati tratti non possono nulla… e questo mi limita nella scelta di determinati stili di gioco.

Spero ci sia qualcuno che parla italiano p.p

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Keriana.9635

Keriana.9635

Profession Changes

Elementalist:
Our changes for the elementalist focus on increasing sustain while maintaining the delicate balance between damage and durability. We achieved this by adding more defensive effects to a few main-hand weapon sets.

• Signet of Restoration: Removed the split on this skill so that the signet passive heal amount will be increased in PvP to match the current PvE amount.
  • Armor of Earth: Reduced recharge from 90 seconds to 75 seconds.
  • Water Trident: Added 3 seconds of regeneration to up to 5 allies in the radius.
  • Burning Speed: This ability now evades attacks.
  • Frozen Burst: This ability is now a blast finisher.

Please consider adding additional profession changes that can benefit all weapon sets when adding durability/defensive effects since ele cannot weapon swap.

in Profession Balance

DejaVu.9825

I propose to change the following move.

Cloak and dagger
Time cast: 3/4
Cost: 5 Initiative
by doing so you can better avoid the moved and prevent the thief to go invisible, and the low cost allows the thief to retain more initiative and to better respond to dodge the enemy.

Italian:
Propongo di modificare la seguente mossa.

Cloak and dagger
Tempo cast: 3/4
Costo: 5 Iniziativa

Cosi facendo è possibile evitare meglio la mossa ed impedire al ladro di andare invisibile, mentre il costo ridotto permette al ladro di conservare più iniziativa e di rispondere meglio alla schivata del nemico.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mnemesis.8257

Mnemesis.8257

When posting feedback, please try to abide by the following guidelines:

Be constructive. Discuss, don’t argue.

I believe the “changes” displayed here for Engineer will do nothing to fix the issue regarding the fact that 1/4 of all our skills are rendered useless outside of being destroyed as blast finishers, which has routinely been ignored even after repeated incidents of further breaking them.

Give examples:

If 27 examples is not enough evidence of this, then I am very certain no amount will ever be.

Be concise.

Fix turrets already! I believe that is as simple as I can possibly explain this.

Be specific.

I expect this change to open some variation in builds across all platforms of the game, because as of now we are pigeon-holed into 1) Kit builds or 2) Elixir builds. I would love to see more utility brought to gadgets, but it would pain me to see a new thread on the 27 things that went wrong in trying to do so before turrets are ever brought back into functionality.

Be objective.

I am pretty sure that everyone could agree that having 27 cases of bugs isolated to a specific theme of their utility bar would constitute as something no profession would like to endure… for more than a year now. A list that has only grown with each attempt to “buff” them.

Be respectful.

I will try to keep that in mind. It’s not like this particular topic I speak of has been repeatedly ignored and seemingly cast aside as a non-issue, but I promise I will at least take the time to respond to you or your fellow team members should they choose to address any issues outside of legendaries and hobosacks… even if that was over 6 months ago and the last evidence that any of the community mods for engineer are even alive in the physical realm.

Be mindful of scope.

I mean this in the best of ways, but these 27 issues could have been severely reduced if a greater emphasis was placed on fixing what is already broken rather than introducing elements that undoubtedly complicate and further “bug” them. It seems to me that the “scope/work/time/resources” would have been much more manageable had the simple principle of fixing already broken features before implementing new broken features had been followed. I realize there must be an infuriating amount of red tape on your end regarding this principle as your company is simply out to make a profit, which is ultimately fueled by keeping things fresh and exciting. I can assure you that no one in this community will ever not appreciate the effort taken to correct broken elements before more are introduced to further complicate certain issues.

Be mindful of context.

I cannot guarantee what the outcome of simply correcting the known issues of turrets will be, no one can. I can only say that it is unacceptable for them to have gotten to the point they are currently and that this needs resolving. Before any more Engineer traits and abilities are adjusted these problems need to be rectified. I don’t know if your team sees the same thing many of us do; these are not gold plated instant-win machinations, these are crudely performing dishwashers and pipe-bombs seemingly held together by duct tape when traited with Metal Plating, which was improved by a whopping 3% during the period every other summon received a 70% health increase. At this point, it seems like everyone needs a better definition of what power creep truly means, because I fail to understand the disparity in upgrades during that period when turrets already possessed an excessively large bug list.

Here is the current state of the Engineer that I see. A class that is largely ignored solely on the basis that half of its utilities work as intended and with a skilled player behind them can prove very effective. The other half of this class consists of interesting gadgets that can/should be more effective as a theme, but are underwhelming because none of their functions are improved beyond the instantly applied effect and 20% cool down reduction, while these 27 examples apply to the final 1/4 of our skills and serve as testament to them being in a currently insulting state of operation.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This is in regards to Litany of Wrath. I believe the developers are on the right track reducing the CD. However the biggest issue with the skill is Guardians lack the soft and hard CCs to actually do the damage.

So what I propose is let it also add two or three seconds of AoE Chill or Cripple. This gives the Guardian the time to deal such damage. This wouldn’t be op for a number of reasons. Litany of Wrath has a ton of counter play. Blinds, CCs, blocks, and invulnerability.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Escadin.9482

Escadin.9482

When posting feedback, please try to abide by the following guidelines:

Be constructive. Discuss, don’t argue.

I believe the “changes” displayed here for Engineer will do nothing to fix the issue regarding the fact that 1/4 of all our skills are rendered useless outside of being destroyed as blast finishers, which has routinely been ignored even after repeated incidents of further breaking them.

Give examples:

If 27 examples is not enough evidence of this, then I am very certain no amount will ever be.

Be concise.

Fix turrets already! I believe that is as simple as I can possibly explain this.

Be specific.

I expect this change to open some variation in builds across all platforms of the game, because as of now we are pigeon-holed into 1) Kit builds or 2) Elixir builds. I would love to see more utility brought to gadgets, but it would pain me to see a new thread on the 27 things that went wrong in trying to do so before turrets are ever brought back into functionality.

Be objective.

I am pretty sure that everyone could agree that having 27 cases of bugs isolated to a specific theme of their utility bar would constitute as something no profession would like to endure… for more than a year now. A list that has only grown with each attempt to “buff” them.

Be respectful.

I will try to keep that in mind. It’s not like this particular topic I speak of has been repeatedly ignored and seemingly cast aside as a non-issue, but I promise I will at least take the time to respond to you or your fellow team members should they choose to address any issues outside of legendaries and hobosacks… even if that was over 6 months ago and the last evidence that any of the community mods for engineer are even alive in the physical realm.
[…]

If that’s not the quality of feedback you’d be looking for, then you’re not looking for feedback at all. It’s as simple as that.
I really had my hopes up they’d validate the existence of my turret / mortar engi but “We feel that the engineer is in a decent place right now” murdered that hope with the precision of Ridkitten murdering you with a teacup (yea I’ve watched pitch black again recently – sue me).
Unless by “We’ve got quite a few more things coming, but are unable to talk about them at this time. Soon.” they mean “almost all of it”, I won’t be able to at least hope for a fix until summer. And fat chance of that happening after they successfully ignored it for over a year then.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

little late,…finally getting around to this….

• Pin Down: Added a telegraph animation to the skill. Increased the cast time from 1/4 second to 3/4 second.

Finally, I was getting tired of getting a sudden 5 second immobilize and not having any idea where it came from. However, I do not consider this a nerf on the Warrior profession since it still applies a 3 second immobilize without any condition duration, and when combined with ‘Throw Bolas’…, and you compare your immobilization options with those of other classes….., yeah, just run around behind the player and attack away since they cant turn. I find it hilarious that there were comments on these forums complaining about this change. Don’t worry guys, you can still defeat all us lesser professions with no problem still! (sarcasm)

all other profession changes I have no opinion on except for Ranger.

On the Ranger Changes…..

• I don’t see any benefit or nerf to Viper’s nest getting a poison field, only that it adds another option to how we put down a poison field.
  • Spirit of Nature is still a very powerful skill after this ‘fix’, I agree with that, to a degree. Its powerful, until it gets killed 4 seconds after summoning, then its a useless skill, not powerful, until it comes off of cooldown.
  • Keen edge change is a good change.

On the ‘Amazing things coming to the Ranger and all classes’ that you can’t talk about yet……Yeah….Anet has said similar things before, so, Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice ,…. you know the rest.

Until I know what exactly those changes are that you cannot tell us, I refuse to hope or wait for any ‘amazing’ things unless physical proof shows that they are amazing.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DaKillaOfHell.5907

DaKillaOfHell.5907

All in all: Nerfs!
And one question: Sure that zerker is imba and not that the game prefers zerkers over everything else? Lets just examine? When do you really need cleric exactly? When do you need a fully fledged soldier gear in PvE???? When do you need anything besides zerker in PvE when a zerker is by far better than anything else? Isn’t it more likely because of that defensive gear is useless due to the fact that a heal skill, guard from guardian or stability is more powerful than actually having toughness and vitality?
Isn’t it more because of that healpower is really bad, considering most classes and their respective heal output?

Isn’t it because you, Anet, chose to make a game with more “active decision” instead of making a Game like GW1 where Healing is really needed?
So don’t blame zerkers for doing their job good!
It is about really bad game design that prefers direct damage above everything else. Where did the change go to give conditioners more options? Why not removing that stupid maximum stacking amount of bleeding and instead making conditions a viable choice instead of nerfing everything condition based??

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

Necromancer:

“Training of the Master: Reduced the damage increase to minions from 30% to 25%.”

• This nerf should be exclusive to sPvP and WvW.
  • Minions die all the time in PvE because they do not dodge.
    This lowers their effective DPS and support capabilities.
    Minion Masters aren’t extremely wanted in dungeons, etc. due to this.
  • Possibly raise the base damage of Minions in PvE to account for the 5% drop.
    This would make the trait a little less of a “must-pick.”

“Dhuumfire: This trait has been changed so that it will make Life Blast inflict 3 seconds of burning with a 10 second recharge.”

• This will make it non-dependent on Precision.
    In this sense it’s a buff to Hybrid builds running Carrion. I like it.
  • It’s a hassle to use optimally for Scepter/Staff builds.
    You need to enter Death Shroud, Life Blast a target, exit Death Shroud.
    Repeat every 10 seconds. You can’t let your Bleed stacks get low!
  • Suggestion: Make Doom apply it instead.
    Double the Burning duration.
    Doom’s 20s cooldown means you can only apply it half as often. (Barring a SR trait)
    Doom is already used by quickly dipping into DS, so using Dhuumfire wouldn’t be as tedious.
    Double duration, applied half as often = Rewarding to use well, rewarding to remove.
    This would also add value to the Path of Midnight trait, which decreases Death Shroud skill cooldowns by 15%, allowing you to apply the Burn slightly more often.
    The longer duration means that unless it’s quickly removed Epidemic will follow…
    As a little bonus Doom and Dhuumfire make sense what it comes to names.
    (Also Burning while running in Fear… It’s hilarious!)

“Vampiric Master: Reduced the effectiveness of this trait by 10%. The healing portion of this trait will now scale with the necromancer’s healing power stat.”

• Many Necromancer skills do not scale very well with Healing Power.
    Make sure it’s worth it to run Healing Power with it if you do this!

So, there are my thoughts.

Benight[Edge]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I just finished spending a few hours catching up on these responses. There’s a lot of good feedback here…and some…not so much!

I’ve seen quite a few posts mention the lack of bug fix mentions and I wanted to let you guys know that for the most part they’ve simply been excluded from the balance preview. Our designers have been and will continue to work on profession bugs all the way until this build is locked up and ready to ship.

I’ll touch base with the guys on Monday when we get back into the office and see if we’re able to provide any updates.

Thanks again, everyone.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

I’ve seen quite a few posts mention the lack of bug fix mentions and I wanted to let you guys know that for the most part they’ve simply been excluded from the balance preview. Our designers have been and will continue to work on profession bugs all the way until this build is locked up and ready to ship.

Why not mention them though?
Allot of people (myself included) are getting pretty tired of reporting the same bugs over and over again to no dev response whatsoever to then watch patch after patch where superficial or trivial things get fixed over skills and traits that directly effect the balance of the game remain untouched and untalked about.
Most folkes would be happy with a simple ‘We are aware of the bug.’.

Mesmer skills make great examples, in general the dev responses to Mesmer class bugs are nothing short of comical.

The last dev response on Illusionary Leap was something along the lines of ’Engine limitations prevent the skill from working and we cant fix it.", which is nothing short of a copout because working pathfinding for a nigh identical version of the skill exists not only in the game, but on the same class with the Phantasmal Swordsman.

It took almost 6 months for the Phantasmal Berserker hitbox bug to even acknowledged beyond “Its not bugged, its just a damage floater issue” in a thread with literally hundreds of players reporting the bug along with ample amounts of video evidence.

There are plenty of other cases with other classes.

So no, ‘excluding them from the patch preview’ isn’t good enough.

25/90 never forget.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

can we get some buffs and new stuff instead of just constant nerfs???

in Profession Balance

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

I just finished spending a few hours catching up on these responses. There’s a lot of good feedback here…and some…not so much!

I’ll touch base with the guys on Monday when we get back into the office and see if we’re able to provide any updates.

Thanks again, everyone.

Thank you that you have taken the time to go through this thread. I look forward to see more updates and like the poster above me I would also like to see bug fixes included, although I am fully aware that not all of them may make the actual patch.

I would also like to add that like many other players I am curious to see what direction you have intended for the Ranger (and its’ pet.) “Amazing changes” sounds… well, y’know; amazing. Although I would like to know what would be considered amazing as the Nature Spirit change was in fact a bug fix, if I am to believe the last developer’s live stream.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Here is an idea for a change to thief black powder that was first suggested in the thief forum then copied to the balance forum. The general idea is as follows:

Geiir.7603
I got a discussion going in the thief forum about stealth, you can read more about it here. During the discussions someone threw out an idea for Black Powder (pistol off-hand 5). He proposed to change the combo field to Dark instead of Smoke and let the projectile it fires grant stealth if it connects (in the same fashion as Ranger Longbow 3).
Changes to Black Powder;
Projectile grant stealth if it connects
Change combo field to Dark
Add a small cast time after the field drops and until the shot is fired. The same as Cloak and Dagger.
Why do I think this is a good idea?
It would fix the problem with D/P stealth stacking
It would provide stealth too P/P and S/P. Dual pistol really need help, and this would help a lot.
It add real counter play to the D/P stealth combo. You could just evade, block, blind, etc the projectile to negate the thief stealth. This is also in the same fashion as Cloak and Dagger.
The cast time would really help with the counter play as people will have a chance to evade or block it.
This change would help people counter the D/P weapon set and it would help the other two sets that use pistol off-hand a lot! This change was originally proposed by Maugetarr.

Here is the link to the balance thread forum if the idea is of interest so you can see the full points and counterpoints of this proposed change:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Thief-Black-Powder/first

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Thanks again, everyone.

Look at the necro bugs reported about 6 months ago too please. fixes are needed bigtime on the professions mechanics.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Necromancer-Bug-Compilation-Mk-II/first

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Thanks again, everyone.

Look at the necro bugs reported about 6 months ago too please. fixes are needed bigtime on the professions mechanics.

For example, I’d really love it if you could fix that one bug where I can’t use any slot skills after exiting death shroud. Especially since, you know, THIS IS HORRIFICALLY GAME BREAKING IN EVERY GAME MODE AS YOU LOSE ACCESS STUN BREAKS AND YOUR HEAL
I’m literally flabbergasted at how long it’s taken to fix this since no one profession is kitten in this way. I mean seriously, this isn’t a bugged weapon skill, it’s a bug on EVERY SLOT SKILL involving our MAIN PROFESSION MECHANIC. If I was in charge, I’d have committed everyone to this bug – I don’t give a flying kitten about any other class bugs, because currently, their profession mechanics aren’t bugged to ruin their game play. How long would it have been ok to let Burst skills or Attunement swaps rot?

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I’m honestly not concerned with the minion changes anymore. The benefits from the traits they’re nerfing are already so low that it won’t be felt at all.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

“Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.”

To be frank, the same thing can be said about the Balance Patch notes. Some good changes…and some… not so much… (and lots of things missing).

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

Healing Signet Ideas

1) Passive: Make it work in a similar way than Signet of the Ether (Mesmer). In the case of the warrior, it would work with the adrenaline charges. When it has 3 charges, it would heal the same as now -8% (after the patch).

Active: besides of the current amount of heal, it could give a hot heal equal to the max (3 adrenaline charges) for a few seconds. That could make it interesting for players that dont build a lot of adrenaline or when are out of combat.

2) Passive: make it work similar to Signet of Malice (thief) the passive would be healed when attack, this heal shouldnt be bigger than the current one -8% (after the patch).

Active: could be the current heal amount + a hot heal similar to the current pasive.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tontonUB.4687

tontonUB.4687

Hello,

About warrior: passive healing of “healing signet” seems to be a big issue (pvp balance, excessive survivability, etc..).

If i’m correct, healing signet passive actually tick every 1 sec and adrenal health tick every 3 sec.

My solution : invert healing signet and adrenal health ticking
- make healing signet ticking every 3 sec
- make adrenal health ticking every 1 sec

And make healing signet regen adrenaline dependent, while adrenal health healing could be healing power dependent.
Maybe make adrenal health a 20 or 25 points traits.

Problem solved : less overall passive regen for warrior without investment in a trait dedicated to defense and survival.

PS: i play a 80 zerk warrior, i like it, but i think that sustained healing passive should be a choice, not a “nobrain” free option for everyone (no offense).

Thanks for reading (my apologyzes for typo, grammar, spelling)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

I was thinking something in the same lines. Make Healing Signet and Adrenal Health oposite. While Adrenal Health, heal more when have max adrenaline, make the Healing Signet gain a max of 3 stacks when adrenaline bars are spent (one stack per bar spent). It could go as a boon, that would also give the enemies a chance to remove it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Hi I’m the Elementalist Astro Blackfire and I test elementalist traits and skills out as if it were my job! I test traits, weapon abilities, and gear stat combos out on: test dummies in the mists, people in duels (sPvP 1v1), actual spvp matches, and WvW small number fights. I also try and test how well every specific trait and skill synergizes with each other. I’d like to share my thoughts on Anet’s changes.

ABILITIES:

Healing signet: I’d like to see a reason to use this ability, perhaps to clear some form of crowd control and/or conditions. Other than that, I like where this ability is headed.

Burning speed: Awesome, I’m glad Burning speed is going to have an evade window, Fire attunement has no form of defense until this implemented. This was needed.

Armor of Earth: This skill is almost seeming mandatory to me lately, I think the cooldown should be decreased to ~40 seconds, The cantrip mastery trait in water would allow Armor of Earth to be lowered to 32 seconds. Note that elementalist can also get this ability with 10 points into earth. Once they hit 50% hp thats another Armor of Earth activated, which could make a potential of ~18 seconds (with boon duration and 30 arcana) of protection and stability. I think its completely reasonable to have protection and stability “half” of the time on a class that is so squishy, especially since you have to spend 20 points total (10 earth and 10 water which are both defensive traits) and 30 in arcana to do this. From my Spvp experience (which is an unhealthy amount) if the elementalist has any form of stun or immobilize, they are usually dead in a matter of seconds (if your enemy is not a complete noob). Having stability half the time while depending on skills and dodge to evade attacks the other half would not be imba on a class with such low hits and defense IMO. Especially since it would be a 20point investment in defensive traits(10 earth 10 water) and 30 points in arcana to get this 18 seconds of duration.

Water trident: Adding regen is an interesting thought I suppose, Will cleansing water get the hidden reuse timer removed from spvp now?

Frozen burst: I like the idea of this ability being a blast finisher! I also think the radius should be increased to some extent since dagger has very short range abilities…For the most part.. Ride the lightning is every 40 seconds now when not landing on a target so…

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Profession Balance

Grimreaper.5370

Here are some changes I personally think would make elementalist a viable class once again:

SHOCKING AURA/AIR ATTUNEMENT SKILL 3 (Dagger Main-hand):

Shocking Aura should either last longer or allow an opponent who is not paying attention to get stunned more often.

RIDE THE LIGHTNING/AIR ATTUNEMENT SKILL 4 (Dagger Off-hand):

RTL reuse should be set back to 15 seconds if hitting an enemy, its very easy to dodge the big ball of lightning and set the cd to 40 seconds so I also think if you land near an enemy the cooldown should also be 15, but if you use it and are not near an enemy then the skill should have its current 40 second reuse timer. (its currently 20sec ruse if landing the ability and 40 seconds without landing it)

DRAGON’S CLAW/FIRE ATTUNEMENT SKILL 1 (Dagger Main-hand):

The auto atk skill in fire attunement (Dragon’s Claw) should be the strongest of all elementalist auto atks IMO, to land all three fireballs requires you to stand very close, leaving you very vulnerable since fire has no current crowd control or evade until burning speed gets that evade attached. This auto atk is nothing compared to Lightning Whip. Fire is all about dps for d/d, you are very vulnerable in Fire attunement due to a lack of “get out of jail free card” abilities, so shouldn’t Fire 1 dagger skill(Dragon’s claw) hit the hardest when landing all three fireballs? (Which isn’t always so easy to do since they spread apart as they travel.

CHURNING EARTH/ EARTH ATTUNEMENT SKILL 5(Dagger off-hand):

This ability needs a complete revamp IMO, the skill takes far too long to cast (3 1/4 seconds) on a class that is extremely squishy, its almost not even viable to use in PvP unless comboing it with lightning flash. Its so easy to just count to three and then dodge this skill… I vote that this ability get turned into a point blank blind cloud with some initial damage and immobilize.

MAGNETIC GRASP/EARTH ATTUNEMENT SKILL 3 (Dagger main-hand):

This ability seems to miss more than it should! I vote a protection boon be attached to the leap.

IMPALE/EARTH ATTUNEMENT SKILL 1 (Dagger main-hand):

The auto atk in Earth Attunement should be less physical dmg based and more condition based, making d/d condition ele more of a possibility… I don’t think the bleed stacks need to exceed passed 8 stacks (currently can’t exceed 8 stacks unless gaining condition/bleed duration). I vote the cast timer be lowered from 3/4 to 1/4 or the amount of bleed stacks for this ability hit 8 bleed stacks quicker.

VAPOR BLADE/WATER ATTUNEMENT SKILL 1(Dagger main-hand):

Vapor blade is almost non viable. It can be semi-viable with piercing shards trait (20% more water dmg if vulnerability is also applied to enemy). I vote vapor blades purpose should not be damage, but vulnerability stacks, the amount of vulnerability this low dmg skill applies should be increased and the range should also be increased to 900, giving main hand dagger elementalist some form of ranged atk with dagger in mind. (its the weakest auto atk out of all 4)

in Profession Balance

Grimreaper.5370

More on my thoughts of Elementalist:

ARCANE TRAIT LINE:

I like that you recently made it less viable to get 30 arcane by making the attunement swap cooldowns less of a cooldown over all, but then you moved elemental attunement up to the Master trait, we kind of need that trait to survive currently… Ele depends on protection and regen boon too much!

FOCUS WEAPON:

This weapon needs to have a serious look at, some of these abilities are unfortunately so useless its mind blowing.

Flame wall: Yeah I think you already know how useless this thing currently is, elementalist are not very good when it comes to condition dps, we already have other great ways to burn targets fairly easily as well…

Fireshield: 40 second cooldown on an ability that doesn’t even seem to actually provide a might stack for every hit taken… Skill needs a revamp.

Freezing Gust: Elementalist lose RTL with focus weapon, this ability should have a much lowwer CD timer in order to catch ppl IMO.

Comet: Interesting idea of a skill but it takes too long to finally land for how well it works…

Gale: 50 second reuse for a single target knockdown that does no dmg…. lowwer the cooldown timer please.

Swirling winds: Awesome skill, maybe reduce the cooldown timer by ~5 seconds?

There is nothing that needs to be changed about the earth 4 and 5 ability when it comes to focus IMO.

I believe the focus weapon needs some form of mobility or skill to teleport to your enemy while making it harder for them to run. No RTL when using focus weapon hurts…

HOW TO ADD VARIETY TO ELE BUILDS:

In the current meta, the elementalist is forced to get at least 15 points in water for the heal upon swapping to water attunement (Healing ripple) and 30 arcane for the uber dodge ( Evasive Arcana). Some would argue the elementalist needs 20 in water now for cleansing wave (which used to be an adept trait). If you could somehow remove these mandatory trait points the class would see a lot more opportunity to run other builds.

I hope you take my information into consideration Anet. Thanks

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

I find the most important change for rangers would be to reorganise it’s traits.
Traps in precision/critical damage line is often mentionned, but others need to be looked at. From older posts in the ranger’s forum, Devs know which they are.

Why?
– As long as traits are all over the place, balance will always be off. If and when traits will be placed in the right trees, some current and past balance will make some builds overpowered, while it might make some builds that are widely used right now less attractive, which will neeed balance of its own.
- The more devs wait to make it, the more time they “lose” on balancing the class around the actual traits.
Example: they might decide to increase base traps condi damage/duration to make them appealing. If they move the traits in a condition line, the traps would need to be scaled back down – twice the work.
In the current patch, they chose to try to bring people to use traps by adding fields to them. Not a change that I find bad, but it might not have been needed if traps were in the good tree…
In a previous patch, they made changes to try and encourage power builds… but these would naturally be good if traits were not all over the place.
Many good ways to reorganise traits in a way that makes sense have been discussed in the ranger’s subforum.

I do understand it’s a lot of work to reorganise a profession’s traits. But many changes over time makes it so a trait no longer belongs in a given tree… Why is greatsword reduced recharge in a tree that gives condition damage? Greatsword once was a condi weapon, but nowadays it makes no sense. I see some condi builds with swords taking that trait, but I see them more often taking the off-hand reduction…

So, all in allm knowing pets are not going to be repaired anytime soon, I hope traits line do get attention, given changes (or bad source design) that makes them being in the wrong tree in the end.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

I propose to change the following move.

Cloak and dagger
Time cast: 3/4
Cost: 5 Initiative
by doing so you can better avoid the moved and prevent the thief to go invisible, and the low cost allows the thief to retain more initiative and to better respond to dodge the enemy.

Italian:
Propongo di modificare la seguente mossa.

Cloak and dagger
Tempo cast: 3/4
Costo: 5 Iniziativa

Cosi facendo è possibile evitare meglio la mossa ed impedire al ladro di andare invisibile, mentre il costo ridotto permette al ladro di conservare più iniziativa e di rispondere meglio alla schivata del nemico.

Cloak and Dagger isn’t a problem though. In fact I would argue that it is the thief’s most balanced stealth move since it’s oozing with counter play. If I could buff cloak and dagger and nerf black powder, I would.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Profession Balance

DejaVu.9825

Monoman:

And the move more criticized that makes the thief permanently invisible. At least, is to improve the animation ? And difficult to understand when the thieves use if there are many players.

What do you think?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Monoman:

And the move more criticized that makes the thief permanently invisible. At least, is to improve the animation ? And difficult to understand when the thieves use if there are many players.

What do you think?

Don’t remember if it was this thread or another, but someone suggest a great solution to the skill. Make it stealth on shot and remove the blind and change the field it drops to dark instead of smoke so you can’t finish stealth.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

I see no core issues have been addressed for the ranger.

We are in DESPERATE NEED of:

- Increased physical DPS on the longbow (and just better LB skills in general). We have no viable zerker builds as it currently stands

- No pet option. We’re sick of this now. You’ve already told us you’re not going to change the pet AI, but don’t just neglect the issue completely. Pets simply don’t provide adequate damage (due to AI) to bring us up to par with other professions

- Pet F2 skills still take years to cast, and sometimes take more than 2 clicks/button presses for them to even register

These are just a few core issues. The ranger forums have many more.

We are seen as the worst/least desirable profession in the game right now.

- Rangers are the most targetted in WvW or pvp because they are an ‘easy kill’
- We’re not wanted in Lornar’s Pass because we ‘mess up’ the boss
- We’re not wanted in dungeons because our DPS is so low, our support is sub-par, and noobier players let their pets mess everything up
- There are bad attitudes/rude comments towards rangers throughout WvW and PvP because of the above & more.

in Profession Balance

Maugetarr.6823

Monoman:

What do you think?

CnD is decently telegraphed with a bright blue glow of the offhand dagger while the thief raises it into the air. It is D/P which probably needs more counterplay added. There has been a thread on how to accomplish this which I linked higher up on this page.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Star.8401

Star.8401

These changes to Dhuumfire are going to hit a couple builds very hard. I disagree with the changes because I don’t see how this change would make sense, and how this change brings balance. Other areas could use some help like minion master and the vampiric build, but converting the current Dhuumfire trait into this new one does not make sense to me. The build most complained about with the necro is the fear, condi bomb build. But just like any other classes most “annoying” build it has its ups and downs. Necromancer is already an underplayed profession, and I don’t think this change to Dhuumfire will take the profession anywhere progressive.

in Profession Balance

Maugetarr.6823

These changes to Dhuumfire are going to hit a couple builds very hard. I disagree with the changes because I don’t see how this change would make sense, and how this change brings balance. Other areas could use some help like minion master and the vampiric build, but converting the current Dhuumfire trait into this new one does not make sense to me. The build most complained about with the necro is the fear, condi bomb build. But just like any other classes most “annoying” build it has its ups and downs. Necromancer is already an underplayed profession, and I don’t think this change to Dhuumfire will take the profession anywhere progressive.

What if the proposed dhuumfire were shorter with no ICD so it gave condimancers a good auto attack in deathshroud instead since deathshroud is a largely power based mechanic.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele