Feature Build Balance Preview

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yoh.8469

Yoh.8469

Just going to spitball a suggestion for Healing Signet, take it with a grain of salt since I don’t play my warrior very often.

So besides reducing the passive, the active could heal (less then what it is now), and block the next 3 attacks, healing for each one. (With a 5sec block stack duration)

Maybe that steps on the toes of Defiant Stance too much, but it seems like a nice middle ground. When your taking light damage the passive sustains your, but under heavy pressure you can mitigate it somewhat.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yimiko.8524

Yimiko.8524

If you want warriors to use healing signet as an active rather than a passive, make the amount the active use heals worthwhile. Or have it remove conditions on activation. Or have it do something else, like healing + lifesteal on the next 5 or 10 hits, or a few seconds of invulnerability + swiftness to get out of combat (chicken signet). As it is, it’s only really useful as a passive skill anyway, since the active heal is simply too weak to be useful in a crisis, which is really the only time you need to worry about healing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

Do the developers really want feedback? If so, then I have a story for them.

Before I played GW2 I used to play Rift. The PvP there was not as good as GW2, but it was decent…at first.

In the beginning the PvP was decent. Then the developers tried to balance the PvP.

And so they buffed warriors and thieves.
And the nerfed warlocks and pyromancers.

And so the game persisted. Players clamored about the imbalance that existed, and even offered suggestions on how to improve the balance.

And the developer response was the same: we have to be mindful of scope (though the changes were typically analogous to changing one or two talents). And they did nothing. And warriors and thieves rampaged over the battlegrounds.

That was about 2 years ago.

The other day I swung into the Rift forums and saw the same complaints. Nothing changed.

Today, in GW2, I see warriors are overpowered and still dominating the meta, as exemplified by teams like Cheese Mode winning tournaments with double warrior.
Thieves are the apex roamer class, pushing out Elementalists and Mesmers from the meta.

And I see ArenaNet doing nothing to change this.

I believe history will repeat itself.

As long as people keep buying gems don’t expect anything to ever really change.

Makes one wonder why you still bother if believe nothing is goign to change. Just for the record, the ones complaining like us are generally not the ones that prop up the game.

Things will change somewhat, but major sweeping changes don’t seem like they will happen or will happen so slowly people will just start to lose interest before they are fully realized. I firmly believe that this games B2P model is it’s biggest saving grace at the moment.

I mean, it’s been almost 2 yeas and we still don’t have a new spvp game mode. WvW got a new map and it’s just more of the “zerg the local” game play we’ve always had.

If Anet had a real competitor that made them afraid to lose customers we’d probably see a lot more innovation and change than we have been with their only real drain being general player bemusement.

Wildstar will give GW2 a run for their money if they don’t fix something before launch. I’m not saying it’s going to kill the game, but I will jump on that gravy train if something isn’t done to GW2 by it’s launch (this summer i think).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Has anyone put two and two together yet and realized that dd is getting 10% nerf and warrior healing signet is getting 8% nerf? So we shouldn’t really notice much of a difference when it comes to dd glass vs warrior right? Also, why is direct damage (dd) taking a nerf when conditions are the real problem at the moment…

Anet, instead of just straight up nerfing some classes abilities and traits and then calling it good do you think we could see a total revamp that could change the amount of skill each class takes to play? Less point and click, more aiming, more quick and correct timing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Before I played GW2 I used to play Rift. The PvP there was not as good as GW2, but it was decent…at first.

In the beginning the PvP was decent. Then the developers tried to balance the PvP.

And so the game persisted. Players clamored about the imbalance that existed, and even offered suggestions on how to improve the balance.

And the developer response was the same: we have to be mindful of scope (though the changes were typically analogous to changing one or two talents). And they did nothing. And warriors and thieves rampaged over the battlegrounds.

The other day I swung into the Rift forums and saw the same complaints. Nothing changed.

Today, in GW2, I see warriors are overpowered and still dominating the meta, as exemplified by teams like Cheese Mode winning tournaments with double warrior.
Thieves are the apex roamer class, pushing out Elementalists and Mesmers from the meta.

Makes one wonder why you still bother if believe nothing is goign to change. Just for the record, the ones complaining like us are generally not the ones that prop up the game.

Things will change somewhat, but major sweeping changes don’t seem like they will happen or will happen so slowly people will just start to lose interest before they are fully realized. I firmly believe that this games B2P model is it’s biggest saving grace at the moment.

I mean, it’s been almost 2 yeas and we still don’t have a new spvp game mode. WvW got a new map and it’s just more of the “zerg the local” game play we’ve always had.

If Anet had a real competitor that made them afraid to lose customers we’d probably see a lot more innovation and change than we have been with their only real drain being general player bemusement.

Wildstar will give GW2 a run for their money if they don’t fix something before launch. I’m not saying it’s going to kill the game, but I will jump on that gravy train if something isn’t done to GW2 by it’s launch (this summer i think).

I really hope it does. There’s nothing out right now that is a direct competitor to GW2 and as such, they have no real incentive to work hard because they have no one to lose customers to. I was hopeful about TESOL but it looks to be a pile of kitten so that won’t happen any time soon.

I suspect its half the reason we never get any real info on their future plans for the game and they never seem to release anything that isn’t just some short term attempt at keeping people logging in and maybe buying gems while they’re here.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Also, why is direct damage (dd) taking a nerf when conditions are the real problem at the moment…

gear trendmill reasons mostly

This game wasn t made for anything more than exotic.

When other games introduce new tiers they introduce new content like maps, istances etc.

Somethng anet didn t…..
So they need to nerf damage….
In pve condition is already capped, healing useless, defense is just bypassed by 1HKO everywhere so they don t need to do anything but lower direct damage.

Sad part is now they can introduce more vertical progression (expect infusions) to nerf them later…

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

So condi fix, when?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Played some Wildstar during this last stress test weekend, and while under NDA, I can say I wouldn’t jump ship easily. Despite how buggy and unbalanced GW2 seems and at least not while Wildstar stays sub-based.

Was better than TESO though…

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The problem with buffing the Healing Signet active is actually the other Warrior heals.

Can’t have it remove conditions, because that would cement Mending into never getting used.

Can’t have it grant adrenaline, because that would mean Healing Surge never gets used.

Can’t have it block attacks, grant invulnerability, or anything similar because that ensures Defiant Stance never gets used.

Truthfully speaking, not a whole lot left they could make the active do.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

The problem with buffing the Healing Signet active is actually the other Warrior heals.

Can’t have it remove conditions, because that would cement Mending into never getting used.

Can’t have it grant adrenaline, because that would mean Healing Surge never gets used.

Can’t have it block attacks, grant invulnerability, or anything similar because that ensures Defiant Stance never gets used.

Truthfully speaking, not a whole lot left they could make the active do.

Lower the passive, buff the active, and put it on a shorter CD. Something like:

Passive: 300 hps (.05)
Active: 5,250 (1.0)
CD: 15 seconds

So it still has a decent passive (somewhere between pre/post buff), and combined with regen and adrenal health provides good sustain. The burst heal is decent and does nothing but grant a decent size chunk of health
in exchange for a window of vulnerability. Choices would need to be made whether to burst heal then go defensive for 15 (12) seconds, or to try to regen through that timeframe instead (which would be less than the active but more reliable). HS now also plays well with heal activations (lyssa and similar).

Numbers in this can be played with, these are just from the top of my head. I will say this though, with these numbers, the passive is weaker than the current passive by 25% (300hps), the active is stronger than the current active and provides a burst of 350hps untraited (11.8% weaker than current passive), and 437hps traited (10% stronger than current passive). Relatively speaking, it’s still a strong heal, but now there’s incentive to actually press that heal button (active play).

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

wildstar is irrelevant and will fizzle out just as fast as elder scrolls online. you can’t even come close to ‘giving gw2 a run for its money’ when u are using orwellian subscription model. what ur saying is that W* or ESO would have to be so much better than gw2 and be completely worth spending $15 a month + $60 box price to overlook the MINOR inconveniences with class balance.

CD

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey everyone,

I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread since it has gotten off-topic. We do have some additional notes to add here, so we will update the thread when we have them ready for you.

Thanks so much for all the great feedback!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

Hi again!
As Allie promised, I’m here to update the thread one more time before it returns to the depths. Thanks everyone for participating and having a civil conversation, relevant to the topic. Here’s a few more changes we’ll be including for the next feature build:

Elementalist:
Cleansing Water: This trait no longer has an internal cooldown while in PvP.
Meteor Shower: Updated the skill fact to display the increased endurance regeneration while the player has the Zephyr’s Focus trait. Added a red ring to indicate area of effect for enemy players. Added a white ring for allied players.

Engineer:
We’ve fixed a lot of turret issues that were causing them to behave poorly or inconsistently (many of these issues have been reported via the bug forums, thanks guys!) In the coming patch, you’ll see quite a few improvements in this area. For example:
• Fixed the bug that was causing all turrets to have a lower rate of fire than intended.
• Fixed the bug that was preventing the overcharge for the Rifle Turret from increasing its rate of fire.

Guardian:
This one is more of a bug fix, but will help out nonetheless:
Searing Flames: This trait now activates only if the target has a boon on them.

Necromancer:
Fixed the bug which caused your heal/utility skills to be locked out when you exit deathshroud.

Ranger:
Ranger pets are receiving a responsiveness pass and will be much easier to command. For example: Activating your F2 skill will now break your pet out of its current action in order to execute that ability.

Once again, this is not the end of the notes and there’s a lot of stuff we’ll be talking about soon! We’re looking forward to it.
-Karl