Heal in DS

Heal in DS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Please let groupheals from other professions heal the necromancer in DS for a small amount.

Necromancers cannot be healed while in Death Shroud. Effects that normally restore health will have no effect on either the life force pool or the necromancer’s regular health pool.

I can heal my teammates with it to get them out of a pinch, yet they can’t return the heal.

Considering we now get a small GM trait that regens health. (Unholy Sanctum) Isn’t it time to consider this?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Heal in DS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I am still curious as to how parasitic contagion is going to allow healing via conditions, if the conditionmancer goes into DS. Does it just stop? That will be terrible.

Heal in DS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Healing and death shroud is a problem that needs to be addressed since it causes several issues:
- we will never fit in a group with a healer since we can lose that healing if we stay in death shroud (which is promoted)
- Several traits/skills are ineffective due death shroud examples would be parasitic bond, vampiric, … .
- Regeneration is useless fo the necromancer since we could lose some due death shroud
- necromancer are also one of the few (if not only) with a class mechanic that hinders other skills.
-necromancer also have two incompatible trait lines.

I believe personally that letting all heals through death shroud would have no problems, it’s like when other classes use their defensive mechanisms and still can heal.
If turns out to be a bit much we could always let a part of the heal through.
An alternative would be is converting healing into life force when in death shroud.

EverythingOP

Heal in DS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I am still curious as to how parasitic contagion is going to allow healing via conditions, if the conditionmancer goes into DS. Does it just stop? That will be terrible.

Yup. The healing will stop. Yet another reason why condition builds spend as little time as possible in death shroud, so 3 major reasons why after this patch.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Heal in DS

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

Yup. The healing will stop. Yet another reason why condition builds spend as little time as possible in death shroud, so 3 major reasons why after this patch.

Only 3? I came up with 7:
-no healing (both from itsef and allies)
-no condition removal
-no stunbreakers
-life force diminishes on its own
-no life force on death
-no utility skills
-lower dps

7 reasons why no to enter death shroud and most are not even condition spec specific. Something has to be done about this, I think healing is the most important to tackle since it affects our allies as well.

EverythingOP

Heal in DS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The three I mean are as follows:

1. Condition builds have poor life force generation. It’s sufficient to eat bursts, but extended periods of time spent in death shroud drastically reduce your sustain.

2. Death Shroud has no sustained damage for condition builds, so you want to hop out again ASAP to continue your damage.

3 (the new one). Death Shroud will now block your primary sustain from Parasitic Contagion.

These are the primary issues for death shroud and condition builds. The lack of stunbreakers in death shroud is not really much of an issue, since you’re using it to eat the damage while stunned while leaving your own health intact. You already didn’t want to spend time using the death shroud skills, so being locked out of those is irrelevant. Plus, there’s Doom as a pseudo-stunbreak (you don’t break out, but your opponent can’t do anything to you either). Likewise, condition builds actually want to have conditions on them. It gives them more ammo. As such, they don’t really care so much about condition removals in death shroud. Even Power builds don’t care so much about conditions in death shroud as it means a bigger heal when they pop out.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Heal in DS

in Profession Balance

Tim.6450

The lack of stunbreakers in death shroud is not really much of an issue, since you’re using it to eat the damage while stunned while leaving your own health intact. You already didn’t want to spend time using the death shroud skills, so being locked out of those is irrelevant. Plus, there’s Doom as a pseudo-stunbreak (you don’t break out, but your opponent can’t do anything to you either).

The only reason this is true is because the only reason death shroud is used by conditionmancers is ‘damage sponge’. If this were to change it would be very much possible that condition users will just leave death shroud the moment they are stunned/feared/… just to save their life force. Doom is a solution but is not everything like with pet players or stability, … .

Likewise, condition builds actually want to have conditions on them. It gives them more ammo. As such, they don’t really care so much about condition removals in death shroud.

Perhaps but again doesn’t start that from the assumption they can use these conditions efficiently meaning they want to stay little time in death shroud?

Even Power builds don’t care so much about conditions in death shroud as it means a bigger heal when they pop out.

I wouls be surprised if they don’t. I mean what if they get weakness or cripple or immobilze? They would need to leave death shroud or be ineffective. Even the damaging ones would hurl them faster out of death shroud which would mean lower dps.

EverythingOP