Highest burst class right now is ...?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

Q:

Hi. I was of for a few months and wondering what to roll, so i was thinking, what is the highes burst character right now?

And i say burst here, troug might say dps, but it would not describe what i am thinking.
I am thinking abaut the factor to kill stuff fast.
So myquestion is, what is the class that kills stuff quite fast?

And i dont mean situational damage on xy…if something has a high damage it should have generally always or not?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bowflex.4502

Bowflex.4502

A:

Thief, fresh air ele, static engi are all top contenders.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Meditation guards can also have crazy high burst. Its more on a 40s CD though, which is a bit longer than the above options.

Fishsticks

in Profession Balance

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Ele technically has the highest burst of any class, though the build is frankly terrible. You basically take all of your damage boost traits and fresh air, then macro your keyboard to press about 10 buttons instantly and can do upwards of 22k damage in under two seconds. This is on a 40+ second cooldown, however, requires one dodge to completely destroy, and consumes your entire build. If the other guy isn’t dead, or someone else is there, you have nothing to even defend yourself with.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

Ranger can do 20k+ damage in 2 seconds as well, but the build has no survival ability.
I think the Topic should be — Viable/Playable Highest burst class right now is ?

Vote for thief, they are the ones who can have highest burst and superior survival ability together.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

So you just want highest burst damage? then rifle warrior.
Pre patch you could do close to 30k damage in a maxed build without might stacks.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Right now in terms of viability:

thieves have the highest chance to unload the entire damage and come alive, jut to repeat it a few seconds later.

eles if you dont mind dying a second later or having the entire burst negate by a single dodge, one single dodge (not to mention 40+ CD on all skills)

Warriors with a ready eviserate will make your day sour if they pack a shield too. No so much of a burst but they have a lot of sustained damage, and if the get their combo at the beginning quickly, then it is the same as burster, only with 7 seconds CD on it.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yea been on the receiving end of a warrior burst, eviscerate me 4 time for 8k or they can skull crack into hundred blade, whirlwind attack. Thieves can reliably steal, backstab, heartseeker. A glassy fresh air ele can drop some players in 3s or just use a frostbow combo to do the same.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

For maximum single strike damage;
The “answer” post.

For maximum constant damage: Assassins Railgun Ranger (dem 6k burst crits every 3 seconds)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

In this order… Of course all need to be GC and specced for max DPS.

1. Ele
2. Mesmer
3. Warrior
4. Thief