I know im gunna get hated but...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Ranger could use some of its Healing spell actualy behing tied to a trait type mainly because they are this long to cast or just plenty much arent good enought

Heal as one: Should be a shout because as its name subject is it based from a beastmastery elite tier skill of guild wars 1 wich healed both pet and master and revived the pet, As such it would be only natural that this ability act as a shout not to mention how poor of a heal it is when faced against condition, could be a life saver when you just cant remove them due to low cooldowns. Also because prety much all shouts are somewhat useless save for sic em and player would definitively need an incentive to gain that 20% shout cooldown reduction trait youve wasted a slot of the BM line for

Healing spring: Trap is the word about it, Healing spring was considered a trap skill back in GW 1 and prety much reacted the same way. While Healing spring having a shorter cooldown would make it a very strong Healing ability you gota remember the only trait in the game that reduce trap cooldown is actualy a grandmaster trait of the skirmishing line. People who realy want to run an improved HS would be somewhat forced to run a trap build

Water spirit: already tied to the spirit traitline

Troll unguant: Totaly is a survival skill this ability has always been in the survival line. While troll unguant indeed proc an excellent progressive self heal reducing its cooldown will not affect the ranger effectiveness that much.

Now now i know lots of you will say many skill in the game arent tied to a skill line but thats prety much likely just a lack of time to adapt on their part i mean why not make every Healing skill related to a type after all like the other skills? By no means should this change only apply to ranger we could all use having all our Healing skill related to a trait line

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I would like to see a lot of skills in this game get tied to a type for cooldown reductions and better synergy, for all classes. All great ideas but I don’t see them all happening. One would be alright, like how renewed focus got changed on guardians, but improving all of them would probably lead to QQ.

That being said, which one could benefit from it the most? I’m not sure healing spring could realistically be 20s with the trap buff, that’s one long water field. HaO would be brought down to a 16s cooldown with reduction, maybe work well with the regeneration in some builds. But I think Troll Unguent would work best. 20% cooldown would give it 50% uptime and survival of the fittest would have great synergy.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

No hate, but I have to disagree. I would say Rangers have 2 of the very best heals in the game.

TU has excellent average HP/S healing, among the very highest across all classes, as well as being quite interestingly placed between a burst heal and a sustained heal.

HS is then one of the very best (if not the best) group heals, and if used on a Melee Ranger also becomes the best person heal with 2 leaps and some blasts.

Neither of these skills can really be buffed (certainly not as much as you are suggesting, without being wildly overpowered compared to other classes heals).

Heal as One is the one I think everyone agrees in terrible and could be fixed up.. So I can agree with that.. but in all fairness with 2 extremely viable heals already we simply don’t need HaO to be urgantly fixed (even though it needs it). There are other classes which need their heals looked at more, and there are other areas within the Ranger class which need to be looked at more as well, IMO.

So yeah.. No hate, but I politely disagree^^

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Troll Unguent is an excellent heal and Healing Spring is very good if you combo it with 2 leaps or 1 leap + 1 blast. If not it is at the very least an extra water field and it cures conditions.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The thing the class needs is a fast cast, high burst heal like Heal as One is supposed to be. If it was changed to a survival or shout skill (survival would be my preference) and had its cast time reduced, the skill would probably start being used.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

i think its more likely to be a shout since HAO was a BM elite in GW1, Curently BM doesnt have any incentive to spec into the shout reduction trait

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

i think its more likely to be a shout since HAO was a BM elite in GW1, Curently BM doesnt have any incentive to spec into the shout reduction trait

Aside from the fact that every single shout only impacts the pet unless you’re traited for Nature’s Voice?

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

aside from that

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

What Healing Spring could use is direct heal rather then regeneration.

A sort of “Initial Self Heal” + “healing pr Pulse”…. the regen is “nice”, but total duration is lower then a single shout’s regen is.

Troll Unguent should be a survival skill indeed.

Heal as One being a shout would be cool, but if they just reduced the CD to 15 seconds with 0.75-1 sec cast time rather then 1.5 sec cast time, i would be content.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Troll unguant: Totaly is a survival skill this ability has always been in the survival line.

this needs to happen, it really should be a survival skill,
it was in GW1 (Wilderness Survival)
and was one of my favourite heals back then.

imho there should be no typeless skills

just look at engi:
healing turret = buffed by turret traits.
A.E.D = buffed by Gadget traits.
Elixir H = buffed by Elixir traits.
Med Kit = buffed by kit traits.