Immobilise changes needed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

It’s such a disabling condition. And it stacks.

Either make it the priority condition cleared by condi clears or make stun breakers clear it as well. It’s just a completely frustrating condition to be hit with.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

There is food/runes that counter that,blind is more disabling condition anyways as some class´s can spam it…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Some skills even have specific condition removals for non-harmful conditions (Crippe, Chill, Immobilize).

So no.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Conditions in general need all an overhaul in this game.

GW2 has way too many CC Conditions:

Knockdown/ Launch
Stun
Daze
Chill
Cripple
Fear
Torment
Confusion
Petrification
Immobilize

Nearly all of the Conditions of GW2 are CC’s !!

Some of them are way too powerful, like Knockdown (a reason why you see in WvW to many Hammer Trains, because you can basically keep your foes perma knockdowned and you have no ways to counter it, other than using Stability, what is compared to this huge mass of CC Conditions way too less given in this game)

You can name this game basically Crowd Crontrol Wars 2, because nothing else is the whole battle system of GW2 sadly …

I personally have never seen before GW2 a game with such an extreme unbalanced and unfun Condition System. GW1’s Condition System was much more balanced, because it had not tons of CC skills.

Compared to GW2, you had in GW1 only as CC’s

Knockdown
Dazed
Cripple

AND THAT WAS IS WITH CC. There you had no chill, no petrification, no stun ,no immobilize, no fear, no confusion, no torment.
Just these 3 things and it was more than enough!

ANet should change some of the Conditions and give them different new Effects to balance the game more and add some new interestign conditions and the game needs also some new Boons.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

In other games you’d see things like CC immunity for a short time if you were just recently CCed (for example if you were knocked down you couldn’t be disabled again for 2 seconds or so) and things like root and stun break on damage. I’d be nice to see some re-balancing to encourage more thinking instead of mindless CC spam, just my 2 cents.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Knockdown/ Launch
Stun
Daze
Chill
Cripple
Fear
Torment
Confusion
Petrification
Immobilize

What are you even talking about?
Knockdown/ Launch
Stun
Daze
Petrification

These are not conditions at all. As I see it, conditions do not need an overhaul in the least, but the need of posters to make post such as this without even understanding the subject that they speak of that needs an over haul.

This game has 12 conditions. Literally only 4 of those are CC conditions. You do not know what are talking about.

Some of them are way too powerful, like Knockdown (a reason why you see in WvW to many Hammer Trains, because you can basically keep your foes perma knockdowned and you have no ways to counter it, other than using Stability, what is compared to this huge mass of CC Conditions way too less given in this game)

None of this has anything to do with the topic. Those are stuns, this thread is about immobilize. Your whining about stuns.

The second problems is, if there were no CC in this game, everyone would focus more on damage, and the complainers would simply be here crying about taking to much damage.

You should really pull up the wiki and learn what a condition is and what a stun is.

In other games you’d see things like CC immunity for a short time if you were just recently CCed (for example if you were knocked down you couldn’t be disabled again for 2 seconds or so) and things like root and stun break on damage. I’d be nice to see some re-balancing to encourage more thinking instead of mindless CC spam, just my 2 cents.

Why? Why should the individual that tangles with a 5 man group, be given an advantage against there CC.

I just cannot wrap my head around posters complaining when they confront multiple attackers, that they get out damaged, and out CCed…….What do you think is supposed to happen?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

What ANet should do with Conditions:

Poison
It should not stack in Duration. It should stack in Intensity.
Each Stack lets Poison tick now 3% faster and raises Healing Reduction by 1%
Base Health Reduction gets reduced from 33% down to 25%
So longer you stand in Poison Fields, so higher raise the Stacks over time, so more deathly becomes the Poison over time.

Weakness
It should also stack in intensity, not in duration.
Remove the Endurance Regen Decrease.
Weakness should decrease with stacked intensity the Chances for Critical Hits and reduce Ferocity.
Base Reduction -25% Chance on Critical Hits and a reduction of Ferocity to reduce Critical Damage by 25%. Every Stack more of Weakness will further increase the Reduction of Critical Hit Chance by 1% per Stack
Weakness in its current form is too powerful

Bleeding
Is too powerful together with Conditions like Torment, Burning or Confusion.
Bleeding Damage gets decreased. Therefore receives it a new additional Effect, that we removed from Weakness before.
Bleeding will reduce also now the Endurance Regen by 2% per Bleeding Stack.

Vulnerability
Effect changed to stack in Duration, not Intensity anymore.
Vulnerability now decreases fix the Armor of a target by 15% and raises your Ferocity against these Targets by an amount that is based on your and your foes Level of the Characters.

Burning
Burning receives a little new Effect, that its a Condition now, that spreads out itself, if a burning foe comes too near to his allies, the burnign will spread over to those allies, just like Disease worked in GW1

Stun/Daze/Immobilize/Petrification
Get merged under the Condition term of Stun with the Effect of Immobilize.
This way we get rid of some obsolete Conditions

Cripple
Raise the Movement Speed Decrease from 33% up to 50%
Merge Crippled then with the current Confusion Effect.

Chill
Exchange the Movement Speed Decrease Effect with a reducement in Attack Speed by 25%, reduce the Skill Cooldown Increase from 66% to 50%

Confusion
Change the Effect to blend out the Skill Icons and letting the confused target use randomly Skills. So if you use under confusion your Healing Skill, chances exists, that your Character won’t use the Healing Skill that you want, but any different one.
Confusion will end either if the Duration runs out or the Player used all of the blended Skills of the Skill Bar once.
The only Skills that won’t get affected by Confusion are the Weapon Skills.
Confusion will stack now in Duration, not in Intensity.
Everytime a confused foe will use a different skill, that wasn’t in his Skill Bar, the foe will suffer on damage.
So I had for example Hide in Shdows in my Skill Bar and Confusion lets me use Withdraw on usage of my Healing Skill, then I’ll suffer damage from the Confusion.

Torment
Stacks now in Duration, not in Intensity
Damage Formula changed for that.

Blind
Stays as it is.

Fear
Effect Changed.
Fear now doesn’t let you run away anymore.
Fear will remove all nearby Targets Endurance to 50% and stop Adrenaline Gain and temporarely reduce Power.
Stacking will be intensity now, with increased intensity, Fear will reduce more Power.
——

New Conditions:

Apathy
You can’t temporarely receive new Boons, stacks in Duration

Sleepiness
Temporarely unable to use Dodge Rolls, stacks in duration.

I think with a condition System like that, battles would be alot more interesting.
Sure, some might need here and there maybe more tweaks perhaps, but it would be definetely better, than this Crowd Control Wars 2, that we have now.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Even in PvE Immobilize stacking is ridiculous. Running past a pack of Spiders earlier this day I found myself rooted for a solid 15 seconds.

15 seconds….wtf.

And as more and more Spiders added, they added to the immobilize too.

It’s quite obvious this change was never really thought-through.

Imo, every added stack should only add 50% of its standard duration. This should apply to every condition. At least that way timing your skills becomes slightly more important.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Knockdown/ Launch
Stun
Daze
Chill
Cripple
Fear
Torment
Confusion
Petrification
Immobilize

What are you even talking about?
Knockdown/ Launch
Stun
Daze
Petrification

These are not conditions at all. As I see it, conditions do not need an overhaul in the least, but the need of posters to make post such as this without even understanding the subject that they speak of that needs an over haul.

This game has 12 conditions. Literally only 4 of those are CC conditions. You do not know what are talking about.

None of this has anything to do with the topic. Those are stuns, this thread is about immobilize. Your whining about stuns.

The second problems is, if there were no CC in this game, everyone would focus more on damage, and the complainers would simply be here crying about taking to much damage.

You should really pull up the wiki and learn what a condition is and what a stun is.

Why? Why should the individual that tangles with a 5 man group, be given an advantage against there CC.

I just cannot wrap my head around posters complaining when they confront multiple attackers, that they get out damaged, and out CCed…….What do you think is supposed to happen?

I never mentioned such a thing and I won’t get into any personal attacks. It would be a healthy change in the already overwhelming condition meta.

in any case immobilise should either break on certain dmg threshold or number of hits or max out at 5 seconds (enough to burst down anyone).

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

I never mentioned such a thing and I won’t get into any personal attacks. It would be a healthy change in the already overwhelming condition meta.

in any case immobilize should either break on certain dmg threshold or number of hits or max out at 5 seconds (enough to burst down anyone).

Then explain how it is out of control. Why are you unable to handle a single players immobilize that you feel the need to complain about it?

In PvE I agree that it shouldn’t really be stacking to 15s but in WvW for example I am okay with it as it would be from different sources. Immobilize is easy to break, and it would take multiple targets to stack it to high.

As far as all this other talk, I do not understand why everyone is attempting to drag this thread off topic. Other cc is irrelevant to this discussion. The title and the OP are about immobilize.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

in any case immobilize should either break on certain dmg threshold or number of hits or max out at 5 seconds (enough to burst down anyone).

Then explain how it is out of control. Why are you unable to handle a single players immobilize that you feel the need to complain about it?

In PvE I agree that it shouldn’t really be stacking to 15s but in WvW for example I am okay with it as it would be from different sources. Immobilize is easy to break, and it would take multiple targets to stack it to high.

As far as all this other talk, I do not understand why everyone is attempting to drag this thread off topic. Other cc is irrelevant to this discussion. The title and the OP are about immobilize.

Is it really necessary to have things continuously over explained to you?

I agree, immobilize should not stack in pve where players are forced to face off against highly adaptable and deadly AI.

Immobilize is part of the condition/control meta, so it’s ok to bring up overarching issues because they are all related.

Have a great weekend!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

If that’s the case, maybe the title should be called “Condition changes needed”. This is about immobilize. If you wanna talk about all the conditions make a new thread.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Even in PvE Immobilize stacking is ridiculous. Running past a pack of Spiders earlier this day I found myself rooted for a solid 15 seconds.

15 seconds….wtf.

And as more and more Spiders added, they added to the immobilize too.

It’s quite obvious this change was never really thought-through.

Imo, every added stack should only add 50% of its standard duration. This should apply to every condition. At least that way timing your skills becomes slightly more important.

I’ve had the exact same thing during the jungle worm events. I was on my way to help one of the events and I was getting immobilised for 10+ seconds by a group of risen spiders whilst my condi clear was on CD. It was one of the only times I’ve raged quit from the game. Although I was more dumbfounded that Anet consciously allowed this to happen.

Honestly, one of the most frustrating changes to witness was the introduction of stackable immobilise. Many people have been hoping that Anet will revert this change, but it looks like Anet are going to continue to nerf skills that apply immobilise instead.

Quite silly.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GoodWithGravy.8019

GoodWithGravy.8019

Diminishing returns (up to immunity) to discourage abuse/spam. Wears off over a balance tunable timescale.

This fix has been pretty standard for about a decade now.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Diminishing returns (up to immunity) to discourage abuse/spam. Wears off over a balance tunable timescale.

This fix has been pretty standard for about a decade now.

This should be how it is for ALL CC, with them sharing the same immunity. Immobilized? I’m sorry, that fear now has half its normal duration. Got knockdowned after that? 1 second. Any CC after that? It will not work, only adding to the immunity period where it has no effect until 15-20 seconds pass without somebody attempting a CC, at which point immunity is gone. This is how it should be for both enemies and allies.

Get rid of defiance for this Anet. It’ll prevent stacking of CC, so open world bosses and champions will no longer need defiance, and make CC more important to time. This fixes all CC problems in this game.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

I can agree in reference to PvE only.

I cannot agree in sPvP or WvW though. I find it hard to justify making players skills and functions diminish or be negated by immunity as a over all game mechanic.

It is much more reasonable to stop immobilize from stacking. You should not be able to be immobilized until the one on you currently wears off or is broken. The same would be acceptable for knock backs and other similar stuns too. So you cannot be shot around like a football. You could simply be unaffected until you either stun break and are back on your feet or the one currently effecting you wears off.

The other suggestion for diminishing returns and immunity doesn’t do anything other then cause more problems by making skills lose their value or negate their value on a passive basis. The passive basis is a horrible game mechanic in my eyes. Just like stone skin and Automated response (and that is saying a lot as engineer is my preferred profession and ele is my 3rd in line)……….This is a game designed to be about movement and reaction in battle, and as I see it, anything that is passive and not reactive is counter intuitive to game design and promoted lazy game play.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I can agree in reference to PvE only.

I cannot agree in sPvP or WvW though. I find it hard to justify making players skills and functions diminish or be negated by immunity as a over all game mechanic.

It is much more reasonable to stop immobilize from stacking. You should not be able to be immobilized until the one on you currently wears off or is broken. The same would be acceptable for knock backs and other similar stuns too. So you cannot be shot around like a football. You could simply be unaffected until you either stun break and are back on your feet or the one currently effecting you wears off.

The other suggestion for diminishing returns and immunity doesn’t do anything other then cause more problems by making skills lose their value or negate their value on a passive basis. The passive basis is a horrible game mechanic in my eyes. Just like stone skin and Automated response (and that is saying a lot as engineer is my preferred profession and ele is my 3rd in line)……….This is a game designed to be about movement and reaction in battle, and as I see it, anything that is passive and not reactive is counter intuitive to game design and promoted lazy game play.

Players have been down this road before with other games. Being a fan of “stun lock” in a pvp environment shows your overall pvp inexperience and/or immaturity. Players like you are not interested in creating a positive pvp environment that is inviting and encouraging for more people to get involved and stick around.

There are a number of issues plaguing the meta and conditions/crowd control are one of them. To think otherwise is foolish. If you think I’m wrong, or if you need your often requested facts, then all you need to do is look at the extremely low participation level in spvp and the lack of veteran and high level teams playing.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I liked the old immobilize better you could stack it but you had to time it.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}