Immobilize OP

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Nuff said:

On a more serious note, yes, I’m aware this is a glitch, but I’m wondering if something like this has ever happened to you or someone when they were immobilized or immobilized someone and this happened to them. It kinda happens a bit too often for me in crucial moments when I use a leap or something like it.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

(edited by Colt.9051)

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Been saying it for so long. Its not just broken, its also buggy and terribly OP for a condition.

#esport

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

(edited by Menzies The Heretic.3415)

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I don’t think it was OP, nor is it necessarily OP now, but it became a proper annoyance when they allowed for it to stack in duration. That was one of the most horrible decisions they ever had and went through with, PvP-wise (WvW), at least in my opinion.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

I don’t think it was OP, nor is it necessarily OP now, but it became a proper annoyance when they allowed for it to stack in duration. That was one of the most horrible decisions they ever had and went through with, PvP-wise (WvW), at least in my opinion.

did you watch the video or read the post at least?

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Looks like binding roots to me

9 Guardians later…

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Eh immobilize is quite annoying, especially since it stacks in duration & prevents you from turning around while its active.

The glitch just makes it more annoying.

Personally if given the chance I would count it under the same class of skills as stuns, knock downs, knock backs & launch effects so that any traits/effects that effect those skills also effect immobilize.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What do you want them to do about it? Before it didn’t stacked. So if you used a cleanse and another immobilize was applied, you were out of luck. Everyone spammed the forums with threads like this, demanding that they make it stack, so one cleanse can clear it all. So they changed it based on that feedback. Now your feedback here contradicts that previous demanding feedback. So what should they do?

They cannot allow it to stack, but have a cap on it. Because then many players would have skills not take effect and it is unfair to anyone who wasted a skill once the cap was met. So what is a solution? As I see it, the solution is to stop ccomplaining when you get into combat and a large amount of enemies, accept that you reacted to slowly to escape, and accept your death.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It was always a terribly designed mechanic for all the reasons Menzies listed above (probably more). Allowing it stack was a step too far.

So if you used a cleanse and another immobilize was applied, you were out of luck.

But allowing immobilise to stack does not prevent this from occurring. You can still simply chain immobilise skills to account for cleansing. In fact, I still do this all the time. If the community really did request the stacking to prevent chain immobilise I really have to question the competence of the GW2 playerbase.

Gandara

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

No it is not terrible design. It is simply CC. People hate it when it happens to them and that is it. If you truly thought it was a terrible mechanic or a bad design, you would never use it.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Immobilize is very strong if you chain it, admittedly, especially against certain classes.

It isn’t always so easy to remove, especially if you have other conditions on you.

Sometimes I run with 2 other eles and a necro, we all use signet of stone and the necro uses dagger. Often times there is little the person we choose to focus can do, if he teleports the eles have enough mobility to still burst, the conditions on the person can be too much for cleansing. Blocking/invulnerabilities is usually the way to go or hope that your buddies can help cover you.

Hate to say it but immobilize stacking in many cases is very effective, maybe a little bit too effective at times. I honestly liked it better the way it was before even though the usage of immobilize can be almost as bad, although IMO not quite as bad. At least if it didn’t stack you would have some sort of window to react to the next immobilize that was coming instead of being a sitting duck for 10 seconds.

At least with stuns and what not, you could use a stunbreaker and get out of the stun. With immobilize, condition removal doesn’t always guarantee that and often times, it doesn’t help if multiple conditions are put on you.

However if it is a problem for people perhaps take - condition duration food, slightly more condition removal. Maybe a teleport if you have it.

I’ve always said to the people that I play with in small group roaming. It isn’t burns, bleeding, torment, confusion that are the strongest conditions. It is immobilize, and having as much immobilize as possible is usually a good idea. They are basically stuns except you have a bit more freedom to use your skills, however often times can be harder to remove and immobilize tend to have shorter cooldowns then stuns. But it tends to lose its effectiveness if the roaming parties are mostly Warriors or Guardians, or any party with very good to amazing party condition removal. Or the larger the scale of the fight. But then again, a party with amazing party condition removal compensate for something else.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

They cannot allow it to stack, but have a cap on it. Because then many players would have skills not take effect and it is unfair to anyone who wasted a skill once the cap was met. So what is a solution? As I see it, the solution is to stop ccomplaining when you get into combat and a large amount of enemies, accept that you reacted to slowly to escape, and accept your death.

By that notion, I want my Dazes to stack as well. I want to shatter you and give you 4 seconds of Daze, then another second from Power Lock. Let’s throw in a Counter Blade for another second on top of that. Of course, there might be other professions that can Daze nearby, so you should of course get their duration stacked on top of my 6 seconds of Daze already applied to you. Fair? Ok, great, let’s make it happen team. You do realize how idiotic it is to say that Immobilize has to be possible to stack, right? It does not. It used to be annoying, because some professions has access to 4 second long Immobilizes, now it’s just infuriating at times, to get rooted in place for what feels like an eternity. It’s about as fun as it is to be on the receiving end of a really good (lucky) interrupt Mesmer.

Professions such as Mesmer are however, rather balanced on this condition. They do 1 second of Immobilize from one skill. It actually feels pointless at times. Or they need to actively do something, interrupts, to root you in place for 2 seconds. That is not overpowered. A couple sources of 4 seconds is, but then again, Warrior is ArenaNet’s little toolkit for everything with a low skill ceiling, so it’s not surprising that it has that too, is it?

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

immobilize is fine, I just hate it when I get immobilized in the air and can’t do kitten while im getting attacked

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Immob is fine even at its current level pining down some classes (in group setting esp wvw) is stilll very hard.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Idk what you’re saying, I think it’s fine. I mean really there’s no problem here.

In all seriousness though, this is the one build that is able to stack this much immob. To do it effectively means not stacking too much because if you blow all of your CDs in one burst then suddenly you’re about half as effective as you would be if you spaced them out. Even then, only Flurry can apply AoE immob, everything else is single target. It sucks to be the one being targeted. You also can’t deny that it’s nice to have someone like this when you down a Ele outside of a gate in WvW.

I personally don’t fear immob unless I’m on my Engi, and that’s because I just fear condis in general when I play it (although I’m getting pretty good at managing them). Other than that I feel like on my Guard and War I got enough removal.

The bugs involving immob and stuns really need to be fixed though.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

No issue on stack ?
Just a matter of skill and counter build ?
Ok let’s go then for Stacking daze / stuns.

And you know what ? This would remain more balanced than stacking imob as stability could counter that.

Anet seriouysly..buy a brain.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s just a reminder that they need to treat Immobilize as CC and almost put in diminishing returns for CC…that way you can’t just spam the stuff.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

now if only necros could get a cc that strong from range

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

It’s just a reminder that they need to treat Immobilize as CC and almost put in diminishing returns for CC…that way you can’t just spam the stuff.

Diminishing returns is a bad idea no matter how you cut it, in my opinion. Why should your CC be given diminishing value, because I previously CCed the same target? If that target has a problem with multiple CC, then they should have showed the battle awareness to not get in a situation of fighting multiple opponents.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

RyuDragnier.9476

Diminishing returns is a bad idea no matter how you cut it, in my opinion. Why should your CC be given diminishing value, because I previously CCed the same target? If that target has a problem with multiple CC, then they should have showed the battle awareness to not get in a situation of fighting multiple opponents.

Not if the DR lasts a set amount of time. Basically, my idea of it would work like this.

You get immobilized/fear/stun/daze/whatever, the first one has full timer. When the CC first hits, you get a buff that lasts for 5 seconds. If you are CC’d anytime during that, the next CC is half effective and you gain immunity from the next CC coming your way…and if somebody happens to be foolish enough to throw another CC at that immunity, the immunity timer resets. Basically, first 2 CC will work, anything after that within the 5 second immunity period will reset the timer and will not work.

[hS]

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

Still a horrible idea as I see it. Say I and one or even two other players are heading to a supply camp. We stumble across a player killing the guard. Then we are punished if more then one of us uses an immobilize within your concept of immunity. Why should the single player be given such a strong advantage? If they use a mobility skill that also breaks immobilize, as several due, now they have a gap on us, they broke immobilize, and they are now immune.

Nothing you have mention, would even remotely convince me that my skills deserve to be devalued, simply because someone else finds being immobilized to be “inconvenient”.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

RyuDragnier.9476

Still a horrible idea as I see it. Say I and one or even two other players are heading to a supply camp. We stumble across a player killing the guard. Then we are punished if more then one of us uses an immobilize within your concept of immunity. Why should the single player be given such a strong advantage? If they use a mobility skill that also breaks immobilize, as several due, now they have a gap on us, they broke immobilize, and they are now immune.

Nothing you have mention, would even remotely convince me that my skills deserve to be devalued, simply because someone else finds being immobilized to be “inconvenient”.

Except aren’t your moves already being devalued if you fight anything more than 5 players or monsters? AoE loses effectiveness the more enemies present, as a way of balancing it. DR on CC wouldn’t do anything more than devalue mindless CC spamming…unless you’d prefer the DR making it impossible than 1 CC working on the opponent at any given time, that way with timing you can immobilize the enemy and right when it goes out knock the enemy down, and right when that ends fear them.

[hS]

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

coglin.1867

My AoEs do not diminish in the least with more targets. In find it increases in damage output up to 5 and then is static from their. How are you suggesting skills lose value after 5? The damage output in the same either way.

How would you expect any of that would make me want diminished value on my immobilize? I do not want my skills devalued.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

well it only seem to look like it does more damage but it does not.

its only players entering and leaving the Aoe taking the Remainder damage, if 5 targets stay in the Aoe till the last pulse then move out , the next 5 will only take 1 pulse = Diminishing returns beyond 5 targets.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

It appears to me your either assuming all AoEs pulse, which is not the case, or your using specific AoEs for your point, but you didn’t specify that.

Either way it is not diminishing returns. a specific amount of total damage is capable of being achieves in either case. In the instance your mentioning, it is simply spread around more.

The OPs case is comical to me. He is complaining about an elite that just had a nerf. Worse then that, he failed to use a skill that specifically breaks chill, cripple and immobilize. The build in that video literally had 4 skills capable of solving the issue. Super elixir and Cleansing Burst both clear conditions, and rocket boots (which he never used) and Overcharge Shot, both of which specifically remove cripple, chill, and immobilize.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Immobilise is far from op. And it simply would be ridiculous to consider it a CC, for it’s not : you can fight, just not move your legs. You can cleanse it with a normal condi clear, and a lot of professions can get rid of it pretty easily (engi’s rocket boots, thief’s withdraw, warrior trait, etc.). Making immobilise a CC would not only be anti-roleplay, but would punish players who are smart enough to bring a break immo when walking the Mists. And it’s always a lot of fun seeing a self-righteous guardian failing to flee into a tower because he thought stability made him unstoppable.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Immobilize should not prevent dodging. That is what CC is for.

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

3+ an AI Vs. 1, that 1 person now has an unfair advantage. This reasoning…

I would just revert the immobilize stacking and work on fixing the rooted while in air issue. I doubt the prior will happen at this point though. It’s not as if they weren’t warned this would be a bad mechanic, then shown how it’s easily abused after.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nihasa.5067

nihasa.5067

I get that glitch all the time for quite some time. Not having a ranger made me think it was working as intended.
\

dancingmonkey.4902 – OP was talking about the glitch rangers can do. If you replay the video, you will see he tries to push the rocket boots button a couple of times before going down. The glitch makes it impossible to use any skills during its duration. You are a sitting duck

Nihasa The Engineer [WvW] Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

(edited by nihasa.5067)

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

That bug is what makes immob so OP, can’t even use Withdraw on thief which is supposed to cleanse it.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Immobilize OP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Anet should fix it, it happened to me few times while leaping.