In your opinion: Most lopsided 1 on 1

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

In my opinion, it’s condi thief vs condi necro

Most people would think the necro would have a chance, but no, it’s completely hopeless for them.

Thief stacks conditions, necro uses dagger #4, transfers them to the thief, thief goes stealth, removes all conditions, heals to full, and for a reward, sneak attacks, reapplying all of his conditions.

Sneak attack is like quickness, 5 rapid fire attacks, and it’s spamable

Necro uses staff #4, transfers the conditions to the thief, thief goes stealth, removes all conditions, heals to full, and for a reward, sneak attacks, reapplying all of his conditions.

Necro heals using consume conditions, thief goes stealth, removes all conditions, heals to full, and for a reward, sneak attacks, reapplying all of his conditions.

Necro drops a well that converts conditions to boons, thief goes stealth, removes all conditions, heals to full, and for a reward, sneak attacks, reapplying all of his conditions.

Necro uses deathshroud, (which is completely worthless to condition necros, and just shows how desperate the necro is, but as necros have no escape mechanisms, it’s all they can do) thief goes stealth, removes all conditions, heals to full, and for a reward, sneak attacks, reapplying all of his conditions.

Thief downs necro, stomps him in stealth, and then hops around in mocking celebration while knowing full well that there is absolutely nothing a necro can do against a well played condi thief

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I feel like condi bomb fear necro would simply destroy the thief in almost every situation as the P/D would have no stealth chance and the cleanse only clears a single condition every three seconds, assuming the thief is shadow arts.

Otherwise, the thief has next to no condition removal and has the least removal in the game.

The necro has the upper hand due to the transfers and mass application which a thief cannot cleanse off fast enough. You’re assuming the necro is playing passively trying to counter a condition build through solely returning conditions. That’s just not how you can deal with any condition build.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

The most lopsided 1v1 is condi Necro vs any build Engi!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I never die to P/D thieves on my necro unless I make too many mistakes. P/D thieves HAVE to get close to you, otherwise their entire build is shut down. Necromancers have a thing called marks, which you can sit on.

I’d say rifle warrior vs anything is lopsided against the warrior.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I would say an expert warrior with max damage capabilities vs a completely horrible player with nothing equipped.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Profession Balance

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Only bad condition Necros lose to p/d Thieves. Most lopsided 1 on 1 would probably be PU Mesmer vs Warrior (unless the Warrior decides to just run) or any Thief offhand-dagger build vs Ranger. Also Diamondskin Eles hard counter any pure condition setup.

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Conditrap Ranger vs. Power Engineer.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

The most lopsided 1v1 is condi Necro vs any build Engi!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Esp cond eng Vs. cond Necro.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Any profession/build VS. me.

Yup, the most one sided 1v1 ever!! and it’s not in my favor either :P

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

yep its near impossible for a engi to beat a condi necro assuming they are both at a respectable skill level

Conditrap Ranger vs. Power Engineer.

that’s a 50/50 ive fought some good trap rangers before using a few power engineer builds and its never lopsided.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

Guard without scepter vs chillranger is almost an autoloss for the guardian as well.
But the game is not build or balanced around 1vs1, so who cares

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

condi necro vs condi thief

condi necro should use all its condition xfers to overload the thief and force early disengage. (dagger 4, staff 4, plauge sig)
once the thief runs out of cd’s and is feared out of shadows refuge its gg.

Most lopsided 1v1 is Condi necro vs bad player with no condi removal (condi necro wins) OR condi necro vs good stun lock warrior with -% condi duration runes/food with decent condi removal ( warrior wins)

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

(edited by Brando.1374)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Necro uses deathshroud, (which is completely worthless to condition necros, and just shows how desperate the necro is, but as necros have no escape mechanisms, it’s all they can do) thief goes stealth, removes all conditions, heals to full, and for a reward, sneak attacks, reapplying all of his conditions.

While the rest of your post shows, that the necro you portrait just plays very poorly, the quoted part is just plain out wrong. On my condition necro I almost change into deathshroud on cool down, because it is one of the most amazing strongest tolls condition necros have.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Diamond Skin ele vs. condition necro. Even with a Carrion amulet, the necro can’t out-damage the ele’s self-healing without conditions, so he can never get the ele below the health threshold for long enough to get any traction.

After that, probably condition necro vs. condition anyone else. Condition builds on other professions tend to have very poor cleansing abilities, so the necro transfers are extremely potent. Then again, necros were designed to be the hardest class to beat with conditions, so this shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Juston.6817

Juston.6817

Ehmmmmmmmm:

1. a thief can not full heal in stealth. The trait heals only something over 300 per second. Ah now i understand what you mean! 1000 health is full for a thief! Well noticed! And as you can see every (!) 30 secs a thief can cleanse 3 damaging dots. Necros also have a heal. But theefs heal is toooo goooood….i know

2. sneak attack is not a reward. Deal with bleeds. We can not stack more than two condis with this weaponset (d #4 is totally useless). I dont think it is tooo hard to cleanse them. Sneak attack is maybe spammable, but….
…..you have to go to stealth with cloak n dagger —→ simply dodge or run into the thief, so he can not hit you.
…..he have to sit for 3-4 sec in stealth to regain 1000 (!) hp. This time your skillcounter will go down.
…..5 bleeds for 3,5 – 4,5 second preperation lasting only 5 secs are not soooo powerfull

Greetings juston

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

While the rest of your post shows, that the necro you portrait just plays very poorly, the quoted part is just plain out wrong. On my condition necro I almost change into deathshroud on cool down, because it is one of the most amazing strongest tolls condition necros have.

Hey, just adding to this, unless a thief goes Shadow refuge, he is only going to lose 2 conditions from stealthing, a p/d thief isnt going to be spamming blackpowder hs combos, so he has cloack and dagger, last reffuge maybe, blinding powder, and instictuall response, all of which are giving him either 3 econds, or 4 seconds of …or maybe its 4 or 5 seconds depending how far hes traited into SA. So he is only losing 1 or 2 condtions, UNLESS he goes SR, which is so easy for a necro to fear him out of.. its actually rediculous that you didnt mention that. also, when a thief uses sneak attack, he only puts 5 stacks of bleed on you, he doesnt actually reapply every one of his conditions.