Is CC too strong?

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gooz Nooz.2960

Gooz Nooz.2960

hi, me and a friend were dueling each other and i was using a high cc turret engineer. After some fights my friend complained about how cc is too strong in the game and cc chaining people shouldn’t be so easy. I didn’t necessarily agree since many classes have access to stability and stun breaks. But what do you think? Is cc too strong or not?

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Sounds like your friend isn’t familiar with engineers, warriors, necros, or any class with cripple. Was he a thief?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Sounds like your friend isn’t familiar with engineers, warriors, necros, or any class with cripple. Was he a thief?

warrior and necro has cripple?

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Very little cripple, and it’s only available in very few viable builds that are only support focused.

{Thief}

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

well, thats my point… warrior CC outside hammer is really really really really bad….
Necro has chill and fear spam, but thats about it…

Then again, i play a ranger. CC is one of the few things no other profession comes close to competing with me at.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

well, thats my point… warrior CC outside hammer is really really really really bad….
Necro has chill and fear spam, but thats about it…

Then again, i play a ranger. CC is one of the few things no other profession comes close to competing with me at.

Oh I thought you where joking.

Warrior has good CC with mace/sword, Sword provides good CC,

Necro has cripple with scepter and its on a low short CD, chill is powerful and nobody does chill as good as a necro then add in fear, Also axe has cripple, dagger with a long immobilze, cripple in melee with warhorn and a Daze from warhorn(wonky to land but it’s strong).

{Thief}

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

No. CC is by no means to strong. In my opinion, the original post is a fine example of players losing a fight, then complaining and implying it is OP on the forums.

Op, was this really a friend? I mean come on. Sure sound to me like when a patient Is asking the doctor about “a friends” symptoms.

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

I liked the way immobilize use to work other then that I think CC is fine.

{Thief}

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

IMO, the problem isn’t that CC is too strong, but that there isn’t enough access to stability in the game.

Most skills that grant stability do so for only a few seconds, and do so with long cooldowns. This makes stability a desperate clinch move, and CC safe and spammable. The tables should be a little more balanced, where stability is something more frequent, and CC is something more tactical.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think there are a few key skills and weapons that are a bit too strong on the CC mark.

Warrior hammer is obvious. You just hit the enemy with your hammer and CC falls out of it.

Magic Bullet bothers me because mesmers manage to make it last forever

These aren’t really comments on how well balanced they are, though, more on how they feel.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Very little cripple, and it’s only available in very few viable builds that are only support focused.

Warrior actually has moderate access to cripple. Necro doesn’t need cripple they have access to abundant amounts of chill.

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Warrior actually has moderate access to cripple. Necro doesn’t need cripple they have access to abundant amounts of chill.

He was sarcastic

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

CC cooldowns just seem to low. Eles seem like a good place with their cc being meaningful but on a 40s+ cd. Engies and wars and others having stuff on 10-15s cd always seemed silly. But dont ask a pro player about it because they will just tell you its fine and you need to “l2dodge noob”

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

^ +1

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

CCs should be effective but strong spells should also have high CDs. As mentioned before eles’ CCs have reasonable CDs. They’re good for interrupting rezzing/stomping or buildung up pressure on the enemy but they can’t be used for perma CC and you always have to look out for stability so that you don’t waste a valuable 40s CD. On the contrary playing a warrior you don’t really care if your spells actually hit or not. When they hit it’s fine, when not you can try again in 6-10s anyways so why care about what the enemy is doing?
Something like a DR on the different types of CC would be very reasonable and defuse some of the lamest builds out there …

But in addition stabilty/stunbreaks would have to be removed from the game or be made very rare (like armor of earth from ele with its high CD). CCs as well as a stunbreaks should be something exclusive and game-changing (“skillshots”) and not something that can be spammed at will.

As it is now or as some people here propose (increase stability uptime) we only get power-creep. It is already extremely boring to fight against all these bunkers that are immune to CC/damage/conditions half of the time …

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. CCs are not too strong by themselves. You need a lot for them to be too strong.
Make changes like longer recharges, and they become less useful individually.

CC spam with many CCs working together is the problem. And it can happen because there’s no mechanic controlling it.

Like I mention here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/nightmare/Infinite-knockdowns/3209680

What the game needs to prevent extreme cases of CC spam is an autobalance mechanic making sure extreme cases do not happen, and also streamlining and unifying anti-CC measures for both NPCs like champions and player, so players can know what to expect regardless of the target.

Autobalance keeps everything in check without messing with individual skills that would be perfectly fine if it wasn’t for that couple of builds that abuses them.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

If a player invest there utility and weapons slots in CC, they lose other aspects they have access to. There is nothing wrong with CC. It has hard counters such as stability. As well we have traits that negate effects of CC, stun breaks, and other options.

As I see it, the CC of a single player is easy to either avoid, negate, or break entirely, so I have difficulty justifying any issues there. If you complain about CC from multiple opponents, then you made poor judgement to put yourself in a situation in which you are alone against multiple enemies.

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: attrail.8613

attrail.8613

Maybe its cause ive came from many many previous mmos, but this game has some of the shortest CC ive ever seen in an mmo. So it seems fine to me.

Is CC too strong?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

CCs are not too strong. A chain of CC can it be, but as long as it’s not combinated with high damage its fine

Yes I look on you Engis

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)