Is perma immobilize good for noob wars 2

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shotz.5068

Shotz.5068

I understand your trying to make this game very very noob friendly and very little skill involved in your gameplay recently, but do you really have to have permanent immobilize no matter how much u cleanse its right back on you. I mean you have taking everything away from us as far as skill gameplay can we at least move our character around? Its 2014 get with the times and add a feature where when you get immobilized the next cast within 5 sec your immune or something. I mean lineage 2 is a 10 year old game and it has this feature give me a break. Give us a rune set that makes us immune to immobilize give us a more condition cleanse give us something instead of just letting these kitten roam groups build to permanent immobilize you and you can never move. In what universe is this fun for anyone? I think the devs should have to play against these trolls that your developing and see how fun this is to you to never be able to move and just have to stand there cleanse and get immobilize re applied instantly….
It’s bad for the game it shows you don’t want anything skill based you just want people to trait for your flaws and abuse them over and over to win makes for a poor game and I hope all the people considering purchasing this game read this and think twice about spending any money because this is 1980s video gameplay with letting flaws being exploited because your to lazy to make adjustments that other games made before you even existed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

What’s funny is that immobilize didn’t use to stack.
Then ANET thought it wasn’t good enough so they made it stackable.

But then it was still not enough so they implemented a bug that made people who teleport a lot get perma-immobilized at times (the legend says people from anet can’t kill people that move around so they think about how to make their enemy stand still) with pretty much no way to cleanse it.

Then it took them only 8 to 10 months to fix it (the legend says it’s been fixed with this patch).

Anyway yeah immobilize needs some serious diminishing return, it gets pretty ridiculous

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

I like how they designed a game around “active defense” (AKA dodge and movement) and then created a condition that actually negates that very mechanic. Not quite an “I win” button, but with the stacks and the bugs it comes quite close.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

What’s funny is that immobilize didn’t use to stack.
Then ANET thought it wasn’t good enough so they made it stackable.

made threads such as this, in which everyone made nonconstructive post that simply complained about immobilize. So they made a change to it. If you simply complain about something but offer no reasonable suggestion about how you actually want it to function, it doesn’t leave you much room to complain. I mean they changed it due to this same thread type based on how it worked before. Unless you offer a reasonable solution, as I see it, your being part of the problem, and not the solution.

By the way, your assessment of how it worked as well as your timeline are both totally inaccurate. If you are going to complain, while avoiding offering a reasonable solution, the least you could do is have accurate information while you complain.

I like how they designed a game around “active defense” (AKA dodge and movement) and then created a condition that actually negates that very mechanic. Not quite an “I win” button, but with the stacks and the bugs it comes quite close.

Thanks.

I like it too. It is extremely reasonable. Otherwise melee weapons would be very limited. It is a logical counter measure to limit kiting and allow melee builds a way to close in. You speak of it as if it is a bad thing, yet it is a reasonable and useful counter to kiting. As well it has counters itself. Cleanses as well as various traits and skill that specifically break immobilize.

The OP is a prime example of the problem. He makes a very rude title and original post, and ignores the purpose of the condition in order to rudely and aimlessly rant. The best part is that the devs have repeatedly stated that with rude OP and titles the mark a thread to be ignored. So his voice will probably go unheard. Deservingly so if you ask me.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

Stuns and immobilizes should never stack. It only favors random spamming which doesnt only look ridiculously stupid but also is that.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rocketmist.5436

Rocketmist.5436

I’m going to defend immobilize for a second. As someone that knows conditions very well it is one that actually isn’t so easy to reapply. Yes there are some fairly long immobs in this game like a triple devourer venom which could lead to like 10s of immob. But after condi clear its not like a thief can just do it again. Throw bolas and the immob signets have fairly long cooldowns and the spammable immobs from weapon skills and adapt traits are all very short duration.

Unlike cripple and chill immob is good because it stops people from rolling and is often followed by burst. The immob itself doesn’t do damage obviously and doesn’t stop you from attacking in most cases if you can react quickly.

Most classes have skills that can eat a burst even when immobed. Signet of stone/distortion/endure pain/mist form any blink still can usually escape as well. There are – condi duration runes, you should probably try them, and theres also – condi duration skills/traits on warriors/gaurds, and if your playing wvw theres also – condi duration food. Feel free to use that.

Also suggesting a runeset that gives immunity to anything is a bad idea and should not be how a game is balanced. There should be counters but not total immunity counters, that would just make the game too much like rock-paper-scissors.

[TL] Guild Leader, Sea of Sorrows, SoS Council

(edited by Rocketmist.5436)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Immobalize goes against active dodging and defenses, it’s the polar opposite, I had immo stack up to 30 seconds, it’s out of control.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

It sounds like we’re speaking of WvW here. In which case, this thread is null and void.

Don’t get me wrong, I love WvW, but balancing anything around it is just a bad idea.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

^Arguably the classes are more balanced in WvW than in sPvP.

Like no, really. GWEN blob meta aside, the fights and matchups are pretty fair. Damage is higher, but in terms of what’s viable and to what extent, the list is far more extensive than in sPvP.

Immob should prevent movement, but imho, should not prevent dodges. This way people can still get trapped in an effect/AOE but can avoid major bombs from other sources they might already have seen coming but can’t due to the condition getting in the way.