Longbow the slow?? weapon?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Longbow by default is suposed to be a sniping weapon used for longrange to be fired at a slow pace with high precision. The current update to it makes it in theory the quickest ranged weapon in the game wich is somewhat contrary to the principe of a sniping weapon. While i agree longbow did need a massive buff skill such as rapid fire would have been more fit in a shortbow setting.

Longbow… what it should have been

1. Auto attack (based on current distance)
if hunter shot is activated turns to snipe wich charge an attack over 3 second while invisible and deals damage equivalent to rapid fire on a single arrow
2. Crossfire (for 10 second all arrows ignore dodging and blocking and the target takes 10 stack of vulnerability)
3. Hunter shot (turn invisible and change auto attack to snipe)
4. point blank shot (same as before)
5. Barrage (same as before)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Longbow by default is suposed to be a sniping weapon used for longrange to be fired at a slow pace with high precision. The current update to it makes it in theory the quickest ranged weapon in the game wich is somewhat contrary to the principe of a sniping weapon. While i agree longbow did need a massive buff skill such as rapid fire would have been more fit in a shortbow setting.

if hunter shot is activated turns to snipe wich charge an attack over 3 second while invisible and deals damage equivalent to rapid fire on a single arrow
2. Crossfire (for 10 second all arrows ignore dodging and blocking and the target takes 10 stack of vulnerability)

Disagree highly

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Disagree highly

+

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

If it were a sniping weapon like you want, how in the world does barrage factor in? Barrage has always been the ‘odd man out’ and doesn’t fit into the single target sustained model the weapon originally was meant to fill. It certainly doesn’t match what you want it to become.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Well then you might want to explain me how a weapon wich was designed for sniping ended up behing the rapidfire weapon. Shortbow should have had that design exclusively.

As for barrage im as anoyed by it as i would be rapidfire. Likely it to shouldve been in shortbow but they didnt had the space to put it in. Barrage indeed doesnt factor in at all but ive got no clue what they would replace it with

GW 1 logic
shortbow = faster but shorter range
Longbow = slower but long range

there was also several other type such as the armor pierce version etc

Lets just point out that longbow isnt actualy supose to be a quick striking weapon.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

Well then you might want to explain me how a weapon wich was designed for sniping ended up behing the rapidfire weapon. Shortbow should have had that design exclusively.

As for barrage im as anoyed by it as i would be rapidfire. Likely it to shouldve been in shortbow but they didnt had the space to put it in. Barrage indeed doesnt factor in at all but ive got no clue what they would replace it with

GW 1 logic
shortbow = faster but shorter range
Longbow = slower but long range

there was also several other type such as the armor pierce version etc

who ever said it is?

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

No one but looking at their previous game longbow indeed had slower attack speed then shortbow on purpose have faster attack was one of the reason a ranger would pick a shortbow over the longbow

in Profession Balance

Wyrden.4713

No one but looking at their previous game longbow indeed had slower attack speed then shortbow on purpose have faster attack was one of the reason a ranger would pick a shortbow over the longbow

iLeap never was supposed to spawn on target, its a leap, why does it spawn on target?

engineer mines r…mines, why can opponent see mines?

etc..

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

there were many different bow types in gw1 all did different speeds/arcs, i loved the hornbow it was the best of both worlds but its shooting arc was rather low and it need Elevated ground for any decent range.

the idea is , the longbow is still Long range damage with each arrows taking its 1 secs to fire and maybe depending on its distance , 0.75-1.25(max range to land) its damage is more consistant and higher at near 900+yards and it has its autos down times while casting RF and Barrage.

Shortbows Autos are Consistant always shooting at a higher Rate and hitting its Target Quicker due to the shorter distance it has to shoot, and all of the other skills are one press, so the damage is more consistant rather / controling rather than Spike/burst, hence why its mostly used in condi/beastmaster builds or hybrids. using it as a power weapon narf that might be good but in the long run its just hurting the player to spend points/stats into somthing this weapon can’t do very well like a Lb.

just as LB is a Terrible Condi weapon .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Longbow by default is suposed to be a sniping weapon used for longrange to be fired at a slow pace with high precision.

Well, its not. You need Read the Wind, a GM trait, for the Longbow to hit anything at a range beyond 1000. So high precision, pfsh, not really.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Longbow by default is suposed to be a sniping weapon used for longrange to be fired at a slow pace with high precision.

Well, its not. You need Read the Wind, a GM trait, for the Longbow to hit anything at a range beyond 1000. So high precision, pfsh, not really.

Ill just say that in this game arrow tracking kind of fail when it comes to saying your character know how to aim.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

With your #2 (10s of unblockable + undodgeable) for longbow, Rangers would be monsters.

It’d also remove counterplay.

That would be a ridiculously bad direction to go.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

So you want a killshot from stealth?
That is unblock able and undodgeable lol?
Troll or…?

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Prove any of that is true. As of now you are stating it as a fact. Unless you have a dev quote somewhere stating that this was their intent, your either just blowing smoke, or trying to state your opinion as if it is fact.