Make finishers break stealth

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

While every other class is exposed and easy to interrupt or burst, thieves are consistently able to spam finishers on all fallen enemies with little risk to themselves by utilizing nearly permanent stealth.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

A very similar topic has just been pushed over to page 2. The creation of this probably did it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

So the only hard counter thieves have to ensure finishers is not allowed? Plenty of classes have blocks, invulns, stability, etc. to protect them from interrupts and/or burst during stomping, should we start disallowing that as well?

Thieves have little to no access to blocks, invulnerability, protection, nor stability when stomping, where other classes have plenty (erhm like my ele). Stealth is their only reliable counter. Disallowing the use of stealth when stomping would probably make them the most vulnerable class when stomping. Wouldn’t that be unfair too?

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Stealth is their only reliable counter. Disallowing the use of stealth when stomping would probably make them the most vulnerable class when stomping. Wouldn’t that be unfair too?

You are completely wrong.

Theives have the most reliable way to counter all professions except elementalists.

• Stealth counters Mesmer’s downstate, and most knockdown abilities.
  • Blindpowder counters all knockdown abilities.
  • Shadowstep/Shadow return counters all knockdown abilities.
  • Steal counters thief teleport.

Thieves can easily Stealth and blindpowder downed targets on demand. Steal is on a cooldown but easily on demand.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

90% of the time you are downed you will be killed. Who cares if Thieves are better at killing you in a downed state. As a guardian, I find it even easier. Throw Stability and Aegis up, kill anyone. If they run, just relocate to them. Every class can finish every other class pretty easy.

We’re splitting hairs at this point. Thieves are slightly better at finishing players than other classes. So what, it’s easy for everyone, does it matter that one class may have a slightly easier time?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Polluxor.5970

Polluxor.5970

The only thing I never understood, and it’s not a thief thing but a general machanic, is that why the leap combo applies at the beginning of the leap, and not the end of it?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shizlam.4310

Shizlam.4310

I say deal with it. Seriously you guys complain about thieves and crap but tbh thiefs have low hp, most of the have low defense, and 0 invuls, i have played each class and i say some thiefs got it hard, so let them have their stealth kill and stop being little kitten.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

I agree op, making finishers break stealth would help. atm its just another example of this overly powerful game mechanic.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Okay, but then you have to make Invulnerability skills, Distortion and Stability disallow stomping too seeing as any other class I play has a much easier time stomping with any of those mechanics and I don’t have to deal with pathetic health and armor while I’m at it.

That is the only fair course of action and then, because of your blind, stupid hatred, you’ll have left Mesmer in a pitiful state as a consequence. Congratulations, whiners.

Seriously, the amount of bias against Thieves just because they are Thieves is disgusting. Insipid garbage.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Agree. I don’t think we should be able to stomp from stealth – the countering options are just too limited, if available at all.

As a Ranger, the ONLY thing I can do is have my Wolf out, Press F2, and hope I inflict fear on an invisible stomper, who I can’t even target.

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Oh, come on. If you have teammates – they should save you striking cc in your area. If you don’t – welp, you’re downed, there’s nothing you can do to prevent your death now. Now compare that with stability. Your teammates have to strip the boon and than cc. Let’s make finishers break stability, that’s unfair!

The only prof. that thief DOES have advantage over is mesmer. Are you already crying “That’s unfaaair, I am mesm and I want to go stealth before death(99”? Now stop that. That’s not you to cry but everyone except thief. Your downed skill is ridiculously strong.

I’m not even thief and I have incredible kitten when they drop pistol 5 over me downed or do invisible stomp but I’m sick of people who really think that thieves should get nerfed even more.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

the downed state mechanic is bad enough as it is.
you’ve already been defeated. stop complaining that you can’t delay dying for a few more seconds.

guardian, elementalist, warrior, and mesmers all have counters similar to stealth stomping. except they are actual invulnerability skills. stealth does not prevent damage being done, or certain push/pulls like magnet pull.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

the downed state mechanic is bad enough as it is.
you’ve already been defeated. stop complaining that you can’t delay dying for a few more seconds.

guardian, elementalist, warrior, and mesmers all have counters similar to stealth stomping. except they are actual invulnerability skills. stealth does not prevent damage being done, or certain push/pulls like magnet pull.

This – at it has been told countless times.

Also, you want a proper counter to (stealth) stomp ?

Have proper teammates with you who actually know how to press that button that makes your red bar go up, in fact faster than the stomp animation plays with only one person on it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

All classes have an ability to safe stomp true, most of these are 1 min cooldowns/ utilities that would otherwise be used for defence, so not a fair comparison.
I would also add that most of the pvp in this game is not the voip/organized type where i get to call out the situation/ ask for help. That small area of the game is the 1 place where stealth finishers can be more easily dealt with. Unfortunately that level of coordination is not a reasonable expectation in other modes thus stealth allows for a risk free, largely uninterruptible, stomp.
But like any thread on stealth, it gets flooded with myopic l2p posts

(edited by dylan.5409)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Stealth is their only reliable counter. Disallowing the use of stealth when stomping would probably make them the most vulnerable class when stomping. Wouldn’t that be unfair too?

Theives have the most reliable way to counter all professions except elementalists.

Thieves can easily Stealth and blindpowder downed targets on demand. Steal is on a cooldown but easily on demand.

how is he completely wrong? if thieves don’t stealth while finishing the other opponent will come in a down the thief in 2 seconds

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Elixir.2169

Elixir.2169

Lets face it, downstate should not even be a thing and if your in it you should already be dead. It should be easy for people to stomp you and NOT easy to get back up.

Just a note, if a thief is stomping in stealth and you know it use AoE’s (even auto attacks) they will be rooted in place unless they burn another cool down to teleport away and back.

[vT] Loyaless – Thief
D/D S/D SB

(edited by Elixir.2169)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

how is he completely wrong? if thieves don’t stealth while finishing the other opponent will come in a down the thief in 2 seconds

How? It is right there on my post.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Stealth stomping allows Thieves to 1vGroup in WvW, and that is not okay. With this nerf, Thieves will still be viable during 1v1 situations and they still would have the option the blind stomp people.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Wasn’t this suggestion about stealth stomps? Did OP change his post to make a point?

Lol.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

You are down, thus you lost. If there are team mates nearby, thy can still ress you before the stomp is done or just AoE the crap out of the general area around you.

If you happen to roam alone, there is basically nothing you could do to still win that fight, anyway, so just deal with it.