Max Targets

Max Targets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Was on a warrior alt and I noticed the warhorn had a 10 target cap. I was under the impression almost everything was a 5 target cap, save for a couple of 3 target abilities.

Are there any other professions/weapons that have a 10 target cap, and if not, should there be more of these? Warhorn is amazing for larger WvW interactions. Would upping target cap to 10 be bad for possibly other things?

Max Targets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Warrior warhorn doesn’t do damage, so it’s easier for the server to handle. However any attack skill that had a 10 target cap would require a lot more processing and just result in tons more skill lag.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Max Targets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Feedback has no cap because that would, ironically, result in more computations.

Max Targets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Ranger warhorn 5 could use 10 targets as well.

It often fails giving swiftness to a WvW supply Dolyak because it runs out of targets.
It’ll give swiftness like this for example:

1. Ranger
  2. Ranger’s Pet
  3. guard 1
  4. guard 2
  5. ally 1
    no swiftness for you this time dolyak.

Max Targets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Mass Invisibility affects 10 targets.

Max Targets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Communal Defences (Guardian trait) has no limit at all.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Max Targets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

didn’t know about mass invisibility, and communal defense is still relatively unused and new enough where I forget about it :p

Interesting break down of “raid” abilities though, and the supposed “function” of each class.

So:
Warrior – Swiftness and Mobility (crippled/immob/chill condition removal)
Mesmer – Surprise (Invisibility)
Guardian – Defense (Blocks, with possible heal and/or damage attached)

What else do we have? I’m not counting projectile reflects because that is not per a target, but more a “retaliation” for projectile mechanics.

Max Targets

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I know this isnt the most useful information in the world because spirits arent used outside dungeons and PvP where there are only 5 people anyway, but they also buff 15ish people. This is because they re-apply their buff to 5 nearly targets once every few seconds, but because you can only recieve the buff once every 10s it results in the spirit giving the buff to 5 different people each time until the 10s ICD has run out on the original 5 people.

So yeah.. I can’t remember the exact numbers, but they can buff 15-20 people just fine.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold