Mesmers

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

perma daze, confusions and damage that will eventually wear you down even if they play a survival build ,
also dissappearing and spawning clones all the time, real gods of space and clowns at the same time.

what is the theory behind this irritating class?

i think they are gamebreaking beyond limits and in need of big changes especially at their cc, they should be able to confuse you visually not having you perma stunned confused with stacks of bleeds .

sorry for my english

action combat made mmos better lol

(edited by jihm.2315)

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Offhand pistol thieves do perma daze better than mesmers. Not sure what you’re talking about man.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Hah! Thank you for the laugh!

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

If you’re being confused visually there’s something wrong with how you’re playing.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

jihm.2315

Hah! Thank you for the laugh!

i dont know man i tried to express my thoughts for them in best way possible,
gw2 is a great game but the trolling some classes are able to do is unbelivable
its like mesmers where made just to break your mood

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

jihm.2315

If you’re being confused visually there’s something wrong with how you’re playing.

no im not confused all the time the real problem is either the cc or the debuffs that come from i try also to target them but they dissapear again

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

BlackDevil.9268

You haven’t faced good thieves, bunker engies, hambow warriors, and condition necro’s yet then if a ’’CC’’ mesmer already breaks your mood. Anyway, seems like you lack stunbreakers. Any class can stunlock anyone without stunbreakers.

Something totally off topic, but mesmer CC is pretty poor designed. But yeah, so are the ‘’interrupt/lockdown’’ traits for mesmer. Guess they compensate.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

Not sure about mesmer CC, but condi mesmers definitely need some adjustment and toning down. At least in small/roaming fights and 1v1. Infinite stunbreak/teleports, stealth, and continuous offensive pressure.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

jihm.2315

You haven’t faced good thieves, bunker engies, hambow warriors, and condition necro’s yet then if a ’’CC’’ mesmer already breaks your mood. Anyway, seems like you lack stunbreakers. Any class can stunlock anyone without stunbreakers.

Something totally off topic, but mesmer CC is pretty poor designed. But yeah, so are the ‘’interrupt/lockdown’’ traits for mesmer. Guess they compensate.

thief can troll aswell but not so good at spvp and tbh id rather face engi or hambow warrior than than a mesmer, at spvp they are pure nightmare to deal with

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Not sure about mesmer CC, but condi mesmers definitely need some adjustment and toning down. At least in small/roaming fights and 1v1. Infinite stunbreak/teleports, stealth, and continuous offensive pressure.

Thats their only pvp build. They nerfed shatters , confusion and soon they will nerf vigor.
mesmer autoattacks is terrible as well. They nerf PU then there is no reason to use a mesmer in pvp no more.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

So just from reading the OPs responses, I’m going to make a guess that he’s been playing for less than 3 months.

OP, you are an extremely inexperienced player. This is why mesmer confuse you so badly. As you continue to play and get better, you’ll be able to understand how mesmers work and how to play against them. Until then, I recommend that you refrain from crying about losing on the forums, as you’ll just get trolled because your inexperience shows through rather clearly.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Offhand pistol thieves do perma daze better than mesmers. Not sure what you’re talking about man.

1/4 second x3 is not permadaze

WTB -1 button.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

The only way mesmers can “Perma daze” someone is if they are running a very very niche build that is unpopular and extremely difficult to play. Also they would not be pumping out all these clones and have stealth lmao

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

jihm.2315

So just from reading the OPs responses, I’m going to make a guess that he’s been playing for less than 3 months.

OP, you are an extremely inexperienced player. This is why mesmer confuse you so badly. As you continue to play and get better, you’ll be able to understand how mesmers work and how to play against them. Until then, I recommend that you refrain from crying about losing on the forums, as you’ll just get trolled because your inexperience shows through rather clearly.

yes because i have played for a year it would be different after 5 seconds of fighting with a mesmer around , torment, stacks of bleed, confusion and daze, seems legit..

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Pyroathiest.4168

yes because i have played for a year it would be different after 5 seconds of fighting with a mesmer around , torment, stacks of bleed, confusion and daze, seems legit..

I mean, if you want to just get continually trolled by everyone on the forums for being inexperienced and crying about it, be my guest. I’ve given you my advice, take it or leave it.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

If you come with these arguments, don’t expect people to take you seriously.

Every profession has its strengths and its weaknesses, just learn to deal with them. Mesmers are not harder than any other profession.

PD: Thank god you didn’t start playing at game release. Back then, mesmers were stronger than now.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

jihm.2315

Every profession has its strengths and its weaknesses, just learn to deal with them. Mesmers are not harder than any other profession.

PD: Thank god you didn’t start playing at game release. Back then, mesmers were stronger than now.

what exactly is the weakness of mesmer in spvp?

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Pyroathiest.4168

The weakness of mesmer in sPvP is leaving hotjoin and getting better.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Lool…
First, really weak condition cleansing with such condi meta going on in pvp.
Then, we lack a role. Mesmers don’t have ooc speed to be good enough roamers like thieves and stealth doesn’t work to be holders/tankers.
And our support is pretty bad as we need to sacrifice DPS and survivability.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

The problem is your listing the certain build of a class instead of the class itself it shouldnt have to be bunker this or hambow that it should just be you haven’t faced a good Engi,warrior,guard..etc. Each play style should be able to stay on par with the others I dont like having to force myself to play a build I dont like just because its effective vs one class or vs multiple classes it feels like we are at the point if you dont roll these specific builds your gimping yourself.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the problem with mesmer for spvp, is you get no points for annoying other people.

Can a mesmer survive and hold points better than a tanky build on other classes? no
(even the type of tricks that annoy you, people learn how to defeat)

Can a mesmer place more conditions faster than another class? no. Mesmer actually has a pretty low rate of condition application, and against better players, their condition application actually lowers (dodging clone explosions is a pretty big tell)

Can a mesmer roam? haha no, slowest out of combat speed on the map

Can a mesmer Burst a target down? nope

Can a mesmer support a party nope

Can a mesmer control the enemy better than other control builds, sadly no. They dont have as many CC per minute as warrior or engie id have to check ele.

can a mesmer deny area?
nope

So yeah though a mesmer kittened you off, and you cant deal with his tricks, he aint really doing nothing except killing you slowly. Imagine once you know his tricks, then he wont be able to do anything to you at all.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

BlackDevil.9268

The problem is your listing the certain build of a class instead of the class itself it shouldnt have to be bunker this or hambow that it should just be you haven’t faced a good Engi,warrior,guard..etc. Each play style should be able to stay on par with the others I dont like having to force myself to play a build I dont like just because its effective vs one class or vs multiple classes it feels like we are at the point if you dont roll these specific builds your gimping yourself.

Welcome to Build Wars 2, I hope you enjoy your gametime in this resort as the noobs take over with easy 2 play builds and smash those who try hard with non-meta builds.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Welcome to Build Wars 2, I hope you enjoy your gametime in this resort as the noobs take over with easy 2 play builds and smash those who try hard with non-meta builds.

a dang shame

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Renny.6571

1/4 second x3 is not permadaze

WTB -1 button.

The mesmer equivalent to Headshot is Mantra of Distraction which only has 2 charges, 5sec cooldown between charges, 2.75sec channel and a 30sec cooldown. My point is thieves can daze/interrupt better than mesmers.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

the problem with mesmer for spvp, is you get no points for annoying other people.

Can a mesmer survive and hold points better than a tanky build on other classes? no

Can a mesmer place more conditions faster than another class? no. Mesmer actually has a pretty low rate of condition application, and against better players, their condition application actually lowers (dodging clone explosions is a pretty big tell)

Can a mesmer control the enemy better than other control builds, sadly no. They dont have as many CC per minute as warrior or engie id have to check ele.

can a mesmer deny area?
nope

So yeah though a mesmer kittened you off, and you cant deal with his tricks, he aint really doing nothing except killing you slowly. Imagine once you know his tricks, then he wont be able to do anything to you at all.

so much truth in this.

we sure can troll a player, but thats about it.
in wvw we cant even raid well because we lack aoe and group skills.
@op: yes, u got trolled by a mesmer, but mesmers lack a lot of stuff to be part of the meta. maybe u got killed in hotjoins, but once u figure out how mesmers work and how their builds work u will have no issues with mes anymore. make one get a build try it out for yourself and u will see mes differently

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

BlackDevil.9268

can a mesmer deny area?
nope

Not 100% true, but most things are true yes. Mesmer can roam, most potential teleporter around the map with portal, blink and phase retreat. Just gotta learn how to use them.

Mesmer can burst someone down. Maybe not from 100-0 in 2 seconds, but sure they can burst some 50-60% hp in seconds. Again, just gotta learn how.

Mesmer can support a party with chaotic interruption. Coordinated immobilizes are very powerful.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Babacloanta.7640

Babacloanta.7640

Roaming everyday mostly with mesmers and thieves.
Somehow, in combat, I get (let’s say one time per fight) 3800 attack with iZerker, 2800 armour and 2500 dmg shatter ready. Arcane thievery and blurred frenzy are just “in case”.
Or I can use staff but it’s to addictive and I can’t say hello to thief in shadow refuge.

So yes we can burst down some classes and builds and die from others

MEHMER – Seafarer’s Rest [EU]
Member of [DEEP]

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Not bad for an April’s Fools thread, but really, crying about one of the bottom classes? Really?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

good joke please play mesmer in top 100 tpvp once and tell me how you felt like

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Let’s pretend OP is fact and mesmers deserve such nerfs. Fine, then lets add 2 things and be done with it.

1. make the skill-specific coefficients on par with thief.

now with that done and our nerfed invis and CC and sustain.

2. whenever we make a clone, all targets on the mesmer are droped and must be manually re selected.

Now we are like a visable thief. Have Fun =D

jokes aside

What I will say tho is the low skill floor for a lot of builds doesn’t help a mesmer’s case. To name some of the most common specs: PU and Phant are mindless… Mantra and Interrupt are just variations of phant, one with more power and risk, the other with CC. Condi or condi/shatter playes it’s self to the same level of ranger, and the only one that has real has any merit with a high skill cap is basic shatter (which still has a low skill floor) and that’s borderline line unviable in the context you can replace it with almost anything else on a team.

I’d almost say the class doesn’t deserve buffs or nerfs. I’d like things to change, but a lot of mesmer builds are not as mindless as some other specs.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Skyz.4105

Skyz.4105

That early april fools joke totaly got me

Sky–Shatter Mesmer, Guild leader – [IV] The Fourth Legion – r1400+ – 95k+ kills
Seafarer’s Rest Gold Invader [IV]

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Lots of angry mesmers in this thread.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

perma daze, confusions and damage that will eventually wear you down even if they play a survival build ,
also dissappearing and spawning clones all the time, real gods of space and clowns at the same time.

I’d love to know the build that does all that!

About how to defeat them:
Learn to spot the real one, and only mind the clones, phantasm if they get close.
It did take me somewhat a half hour of duelling with a good mesmer to avoid the initial burst, somewhat 3 hours to know clones for what they are, and a total of somewhat 5-6 hours to be able to spot the player fast enough.
That duelling partner changed build many times through our encounters, so that I didn’t know what to expect (Pu? Condi? Stunlock? Other weird spec?).

The basis is always stay far from clones and spot the real guy.
Rest is timing the escapes and holding on my burst for when it would be effective.

After this intensive formation, I was able to win over half duels against other mesmers.
No matter how you enjoy learning (you can duel, look at videos, go spectator mode in PvP, or bring the class up yourself), you have to go and learn what makes other classes strong, and where they lack. This is the only way to learn. so when you state “what difference would 3 month or one year do”: It does not make any difference if you do not want to learn. If you want to, and you do spend time learning, it does all the difference…

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

To be honest if confusion was toned down I’d be happy. That’s the ONLY thing making condi spamming professions so ridiculous right now. If they didn’t have access to crazy amounts of confusion it’d be an even playing field

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

BlackDevil.9268

To be honest if confusion was toned down I’d be happy. That’s the ONLY thing making condi spamming professions so ridiculous right now. If they didn’t have access to crazy amounts of confusion it’d be an even playing field

Fools’ day was yesterday….

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Confusion was already toned down, and a lot…

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

phys.7689

can a mesmer deny area?
nope

Not 100% true, but most things are true yes. Mesmer can roam, most potential teleporter around the map with portal, blink and phase retreat. Just gotta learn how to use them.

Mesmer can burst someone down. Maybe not from 100-0 in 2 seconds, but sure they can burst some 50-60% hp in seconds. Again, just gotta learn how.

Mesmer can support a party with chaotic interruption. Coordinated immobilizes are very powerful.

i dont mean they are physically incapable of doing it, i mean they arent that good at it.
blink is a 30 second cool down skill that gives you 900
phase retreat requires use of staff, which is a very specific playstyle only, and not generally that mobile other than phase retreat.

now this isnt useless, but compared to theives with a standard 25% movement speed, swiftness for casting steal, various leaps and shadow steps, it isnt going to cover the distance.
just one example, but almost every other class has better access to swiftness/ or a 25% movement speed skill IN ADDITION to the type of skills you mention on mesmer, Which means overall roaming from point to point, mesmer will be slower.

likewise on bursting someone down, if it takes awhile it isnt called burst, its called sustained damage.

Once again im not saying mesmer is a Zero in every category, im saying they arent particularly strong in any of those roles. In some they are very bad, imo, like movement out of combat.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

phys.7689

Confusion was already toned down, and a lot…

yeah honestly confusion really isnt that powerful, it has a .075 per stack condi dmg modifier. Its just that condi in general has a lot of issues, and confusion is the one people hate because they kill themselves.

bleeds go on easier, and last longer, poison kills your heals, burning hits like a truck. Confusion is actually a pretty small part of anyones problems. The fact that you can get like 5 conditions on someone repeatedly fairly easily, with few tells is the problem.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

BlackDevil.9268

can a mesmer deny area?
nope

i dont mean they are physically incapable of doing it, i mean they arent that good at it.
blink is a 30 second cool down skill that gives you 900
phase retreat requires use of staff, which is a very specific playstyle only, and not generally that mobile other than phase retreat.

now this isnt useless, but compared to theives with a standard 25% movement speed, swiftness for casting steal, various leaps and shadow steps, it isnt going to cover the distance.
just one example, but almost every other class has better access to swiftness/ or a 25% movement speed skill IN ADDITION to the type of skills you mention on mesmer, Which means overall roaming from point to point, mesmer will be slower.

likewise on bursting someone down, if it takes awhile it isnt called burst, its called sustained damage.

Once again im not saying mesmer is a Zero in every category, im saying they arent particularly strong in any of those roles. In some they are very bad, imo, like movement out of combat.

Traveler runes anyone? 25% moving speed there.
PU: longers stealth, with good movement easy to escape.
Blink: good enough blink on roofs, chairs or hills. Can be used really good as escape. I really don’t get how you can say mesmer isn’t good at roaming. Mesmer is the best class for roaming. And no, with the amount of cripple and immobilizes mesmer will always keep up with other classes besides warrior.

Burst = much dps on a specific time. Theres not much time to get the burst off with mesmer either. GS2 + mind wrack is not even 2 seconds

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jefferson.8317

jefferson.8317

He’s taking about spvp. No one uses PU in pvp and I traveler runes is not mobility.

Jasx

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Come the 15th Warriors are gonna be better confusion spammers than mesmers….. Which bugs me why does blinding befuddlement have such strict ICD’s and the confusion doesn’t even last as long as the ICD when distracting strikes has NO ICD and it will stack with runes of perplex…. Come the 15th condition interrupt warriors will rule… FML.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

BlackDevil.9268

He’s taking about spvp. No one uses PU in pvp and I traveler runes is not mobility.

Then still mesmers are good roamers. They can beat most 1v1’s when played correctly and got one of the shortest teleports in game apart from thief. A well placed portal can cause to force someone to stay on one point or to insta-cap it back once the enemy leaves.
Bring support to the team? Of course they can bring support. Run 20-20-30 and you got yourself boon removal and massive immobilizes on interrupts. That’s some good support imo.
I agree mesmer lacks things, but not everything.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Pyroathiest.4168

Come the 15th Warriors are gonna be better confusion spammers than mesmers….. Which bugs me why does blinding befuddlement have such strict ICD’s and the confusion doesn’t even last as long as the ICD when distracting strikes has NO ICD and it will stack with runes of perplex…. Come the 15th condition interrupt warriors will rule… FML.

Because the devs are [redacted to avoid infraction].

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It was toned down by 50% not long ago. You didn’t notice? O.o

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

It was toned down by 50% not long ago. You didn’t notice? O.o

Well the swirly FX and the damage tooltips over yourself and the icon on the buff/condition bar combined aren’t enough to get people to stop killing themselves so I am not surprised many also did not notice the global reduction.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Because the devs are [redacted to avoid infraction].

Yer preachin’ to the choir, jportell and Pyro. Hell, how long have I been questioning decisions such as the Befuddlement nerf, and/or the existence of Distracting Strikes as a Warrior Trait. Yet again, the Perplexity issue could’ve been avoided if our … ahem lovely Devs had placed the Confusion-via-Interrupt Trait on the class that’s supposedly the “main” Confusion guru. (And by doing so, avoided the “need” for that aspect on Perplex 6/6).

[redacted to avoid infraction], indeed. Or, perhaps the current balance team is completely different from the original one. I have no idea, I just want “Them” to figure out, and bloody well implement whatever in the ever-loving kitten Mesmer truly is.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

Stealth isn’t the boon (no pun intended) of it’s use in sPvP. It’s the protection and aegis procs. With that much protection stacked pre-fight and with 30 in chaos, you can face-tank a rampaging rhino and still pump out power based pressure and burst.

It’s quite nifty.

I regularly carry teams in sPvP with a PU power setup. Albeit a power build will be in stealth a lot less than a condition build (which makes forcing someone off point whilst still contributing to a hold a very real possibility), that’s granted.

\o/

(edited by kylwilson.9137)

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Renny.6571

I regularly carry teams in sPvP with a PU power setup. Albeit a power build will be in stealth a lot less than a condition build (which makes forcing someone off point whilst still contributing to a hold a very real possibility), that’s granted.

You must consistently roll bad teammates and equally bad opponents if you’re carrying with a stealth build solo.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

You must consistently roll bad teammates and equally bad opponents if you’re carrying with a stealth build solo.

Like I said, if you really truly think that the main benefit of PU is the stealth, you either didn’t read the entire post and hand picked what you wanted to reply to (hence why I wasn’t fully quoted), or you really underestimate a near permanent protection uptime.

I think it’s both hon.

\o/

Mesmers

in Profession Balance

Renny.6571

Like I said, if you really truly think that the main benefit of PU is the stealth, you either didn’t read the entire post and hand picked what you wanted to reply to (hence why I wasn’t fully quoted), or you really underestimate a near permanent protection uptime.

I think it’s both hon.

I didn’t quote the first half of your post because I’m not refuting that PU stacks loads of protection, but if you want to argue that too, then sure. Most boon strip and boon flip skills prioritize Swiftness and Protection before other boons. Assuming you use Decoy and The Prestige with all 8 ticks being Protection, you’d have lost 24 seconds of Protection at the cost of a stun break, blind/burn and 8 seconds of the best defensive mechanic in the game.

Besides, even if you weren’t boon stripped and managed to stay in a fight for >24sec, you’d still need to re-enter stealth for another 8 seconds to regain that much protection, and in that time wouldn’t be preventing the point from (de)capping; wherein lies the reason people choose to run traits that aren’t detrimental to the success of the match.

elite specs ruined pvp.