Necro: Dhuumfire dead...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tmac.9172

tmac.9172

New April balance patch: Dhuumfire: this trait has been changed so that it will make Life Blast inflict 3 seconds of burning with a 10 seconds recharge. This trait is no longer split.

TY Anet for killing Dhuumfire trait…condition Necro don t use Life Blast!!!! Why change the main trait for cond Necro???

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

They should have removed Dumbfire entirely and just reverted the nerfs they inflicted on the class because of it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The class should NEVER have gotten the trait to begin with. They have PLENTY of access to conditions as it is, losing Burning will not suddenly make them the worst condition build in the game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Personally I think this is a mild nerf. Really, the trait had no business existing in the first place. At least it’s now becoming an active mechanic instead of a braindead autoproc. We’ll see how much influence, if any, it will continue to have on the class. I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven’t seen the last of it.

in Profession Balance

tmac.9172

Condi Necro will have only bleed for dps…i think it s a real heavy nerf. Anet could have put a cd or few % on crit…not remove it completely!

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Condi Necro will have only bleed for dps…i think it s a real heavy nerf. Anet could have put a cd or few % on crit…not remove it completely!

You’re ignoring Poison. Necro threat is the number of conditions they have. Easily applied perma Poison, Perma Bleeding and that’s just from Scepter Auto attack. Then you have the Blinds, Chill, Weakness, Fear, Cripple and lets not forget the “I Win” button either.

This is not as big a nerf as some people are trying to make out it out to be, the class should never have been given Burning to begin with. Necro will be just fine without the Burning. It just means it will actually require the Necro doing SOME work itself rather than just spamming conditions and watching the target melt.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

I think the fact that they made fear actual interrupts is going to make up for dumbfire and then some.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Yes Anet, all my non necro toons TY very much for killing that awful trait.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Isnt life blast #1 in deathshroud? It cant be that difficult to use 1 skill every 10 seconds…

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’m wondering how a condi/power hybrid would work with new Dhuumfire. I just wish it didn’t have such a long ICD; I’d possibly be happy with it if it was something like 2 seconds of burning, but without an ICD.

I’m also wondering how the Sigil changes will affect necros, whether Dire or Carrion. Having two conditions available from the sigils could be quite nice, though I will tentatively hold my breath. Geomancy and Hydromancy on the staff could be delicious.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I’ve always been of the opinion that Dhuumfire should have been a Hybrid build trait.
This brings it closer to that, so I am glad.

…Then again I’m biased because I hate playing pure condi. lol

Benight[Edge]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Sweet no more dumbfire.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Fear is now an interrupt

Perplexity Necros incoming

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

The changes are gonna make my condi build stronger

Still using 0-30-20-0-20.

Death magic was buffed and I expect runes of the undead will be buffed as well. Ontop of that, I’m finally gonna have room for sigil of corruption.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Necros actually have a hard time keeping perma poison. The poison comes mostly from the scepter auto attack’s 3rd chain, but condi necros are busy swapping between weapons to fire off all of their multi-bleed AoE attacks. The only time you get perma poison is when you are doing nothing but auto attacking.

That said, tying Dhuumfire to Life Blast isn’t that bad. In more hybrid builds, life blast isn’t completely useless. So, a hybrid necro can pop into DS for weakening shroud, then follow up with tainted shackles, hit with life blast during this time that they immobilize, follow through with dark path + doom for terror lock, and you’ll get a similar effect to just having burn proc on one of the attacks.

But I would like the nerfs to be reverted still.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Isnt life blast #1 in deathshroud? It cant be that difficult to use 1 skill every 10 seconds…

Several things add to it being a difficult thing to use. First off it’s tied to DS and that is our survivability. So keeping it in rotation is effectively limiting our survivability due to the DS cooldown. If you use DS for the burn and 5s later you need to tank some damage you’re toast. Lifeforce as condition spec isn’t nearly as abundant and once again using it up on a burn means you’re limiting your DS when you need it. Lifeblast itself can be dodged somewhat easily due to 1s cast time and projectile travel time so it’s unreliable. Then we have the DS condition combo of bleeding/chill+fear+torment and trying to stack Lifeblast into makes things harder and longer to pull off. The objective when the combo is done is to get in and out of DS as fast as possible to preserve lifeforce and get DS off cooldown for tanking damage.

I absolutely hate the direction devs are pushing the necro. They keep tying everything to death shroud and it’s simply not that great of a mechanic.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackospades.4802

Jackospades.4802

Unyielding Blast makes Life blast piece (Trait VI in Soul Reaping.) So, Dhuumfire could potentially hit multiple targets with a single shot. I could see that being used. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

Unyielding Blast makes Life blast piece (Trait VI in Soul Reaping.) So, Dhuumfire could potentially hit multiple targets with a single shot. I could see that being used. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Shouldn’t work that way since the proc has an icd

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Wvw glamour mesmer is the same way with blinds+confusion. Ony time will tell.

Personally I dont think anything will change for the dhuumfire users. Not that hard to use a couple life blasts.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m not so sure about that. They said it got a unique animation. This implies that the fiery Life Blast might actually be a totally different skill, not just a proc. In this case he is right about the piercing and burning multiple targets.

in Profession Balance

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I’m not so sure about that. They said it got a unique animation. This implies that the fiery Life Blast might actually be a totally different skill, not just a proc. In this case he is right about the piercing and burning multiple targets.

Or it might work like Engineer and Pistol Explosive Shot explodes when it hits targets, but they have a trait that makes it pierce but it doesnt (iirc) explode for targets other than the first.

It could be that it just has a fiery aura so that players know about it and have the ability to dodge it. I am guessing it will burn the first target and not the rest. It would be rather powerful if it burned all targets with the trait.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Or it might work like Engineer and Pistol Explosive Shot explodes when it hits targets, but they have a trait that makes it pierce but it doesnt (iirc) explode for targets other than the first.

It was nerfed in the past. But it still explodes every hit as far as I know. It doesn’t bleed anymore so you can’t stack multiple bleeds on one target from one shot by abusing overlapping explosions. However, this is different for Dhuumfire.

If they make the effort for a unique projectile animation it is reasonable to assume that the projectile has its own properties. Of course, that would be powerful. We are talking about a 40 point investment. So why not? But I guess we will have to find out ourselves. Or maybe a dev can clarify.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They needed to make the Dhumfire trait a 1 second burn on ever Life blast so necros had a reliable condition spam in DS, and less ICD.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deku.3129

Deku.3129

WHAT IS THE REAL DIFFERENCE THOOOOOOOOO

in Profession Balance

tmac.9172

Several things add to it being a difficult thing to use. First off it’s tied to DS and that is our survivability. So keeping it in rotation is effectively limiting our survivability due to the DS cooldown. If you use DS for the burn and 5s later you need to tank some damage you’re toast. Lifeforce as condition spec isn’t nearly as abundant and once again using it up on a burn means you’re limiting your DS when you need it. Lifeblast itself can be dodged somewhat easily due to 1s cast time and projectile travel time so it’s unreliable. Then we have the DS condition combo of bleeding/chill+fear+torment and trying to stack Lifeblast into makes things harder and longer to pull off. The objective when the combo is done is to get in and out of DS as fast as possible to preserve lifeforce and get DS off cooldown for tanking damage.

I absolutely hate the direction devs are pushing the necro. They keep tying everything to death shroud and it’s simply not that great of a mechanic.

Totally agree! We don t want dps on DS…DS is our “defence stance”! A good necro stay few seconds in DS…no sense spam 1111111 for burning.

Anet re change Dhuunfire plz!!!! Less % on proc, 30 sec cd…but not only in Life Blast! Cond Necro don t use Life Blast!!!! Use DS for enemy busrt dmg, for fear, not for dps!!!!!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

to be honest there need to be more hard nerfs to meta builds in this patch.

decap engis aren’t being touched.
condi wars and hambows are only getting an 8% healing signet nerf.
PW thief isn’t being touched.
atleast terrormancers are getting a nerf.

though honestly the change will pretty much remove it from use, “smite boon” style.
they should have changed it entirely.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Oh, I see…

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Oh look condi nukes getting nerfed. and your losing fire, but where did it go? Where did you lose it? Oh, looky there its here with US GUARDIANS WHERE IT BELONGS

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Oh look condi nukes getting nerfed. and your losing fire, but where did it go? Where did you lose it? Oh, looky there its here with US GUARDIANS WHERE IT BELONGS

And yet the necro will still use it more effectively…

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deku.3129

Deku.3129

Good necros don’t need to constantly use death shroud for survive. They all know how to position themselves and don’t eat cleave/aoe like 80% of you.