Necro - Please do something about this class

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dalehitchy.1957

Dalehitchy.1957

I was so excited for this game when it release but i picked the dud class and because I can only play part time fell behind everyone in my guild as i didnt have time to level another character.

I’m pretty annoyed with the necromancer. It was by far the weakest. It can barely do any damage no matter if you do a condition build or a minion build. Anyway, after returning 6 months down the line, its become even worse!

Now i know im not the best player, and I admit that I can improve my skills in many ways in this game. But for the love of god please do something with the necro. People on here will say ’it’s fine just play better’…. well there is a reason that 90% of the players are either warriors or guardians.

PVP has become a stun haven and now the necro cannot do anything. Against a Engineer, I spend the majority of my time stunned or on the floor and by the time I do some damage I am also KO’d. Yes I can use death shroud etc…. but by this time I am prolonging my death and not turning the battle around..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I feel my necro is pretty balanced right now, actually. Could use another bleed stack on mark of blood I think, but otherwise I think it’s fine. Power necros could use a little love when it comes to pvp, and PVE necros have legit complaints, but necro is get dependent on proper positioning, spec, and DS use. Maybe you need more practice?

in Profession Balance

Dalehitchy.1957

well can someone recommend be a decent competetive pvp build?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

well can someone recommend be a decent competetive pvp build?

6/2/0/0/6 deathshroud power build. Does amazing damaging.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I hope this is a troll thread. Necro/engi is the new fotm in spvp. Absurd condi dmg while being tanky as kitten with 45k hp total with death shroud.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: attrail.8613

attrail.8613

Hmmm idk man. Thats a tough statememt to completely agree with. While probably not on top of the food chain they are least middle of the pack in terms of balance. I also thinkpvp has become more of a “condi haven” than a “stun haven” and necros are one of the best at dishing them out.

What im thinking is that the 6 month hiatus kind of made you have a lack of knowledge of the game and the “metagame”. The standard and what to expect each class to bring to the table, because honestly necro is not by far the weakest class. Its actually far from it

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Btw, that direct damage build also works quite well in PvE. Very high on-demand damage.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Dalehitchy.1957

thanks… what weapons do you use for spvp

in Profession Balance

jportell.2197

thanks… what weapons do you use for spvp

I use dagger/warhorn and axe/focus… Runes of the scholar. Sigils of force/battle or bloodlust. And berserkers amulet.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I hope this is a troll thread. Necro/engi is the new fotm in spvp. Absurd condi dmg while being tanky as kitten with 45k hp total with death shroud.

I think we are seeing more condition builds all around, though, necros just do them better than other classes.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

in Profession Balance

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Take a minion master if you’re not an experienced PvPer. Necro’s seem decent right now, they lack certain things, but nearly all professions do. Most of the times, it is indeed a case of learning how to play.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Necros are in a pretty good spot right now everywhere but PvE. The issue there is that what a necro is really good at either isn’t necessary (boon/condition play) or doesn’t work against bosses (debuffs, control).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

I guess if you truly get pinballed around a lot, take the Foot in the Grave trait.

in Profession Balance

jportell.2197

I guess if you truly get pinballed around a lot, take the Foot in the Grave trait.

Or learn to kite? Necros are one of the easiest class to kite with

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

flawed argument is flawed.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Necros are in a pretty good spot right now everywhere but PvE. The issue there is that what a necro is really good at either isn’t necessary (boon/condition play) or doesn’t work against bosses (debuffs, control).

Pretty much this.
I’d in fact say that in a vacuum, Necros are in amazing shape in PvE. They have by the far the best and most variable boon/condition control, they are kitten good team supporters, they have various CC options for tight spots, and they can do both direct damage while still applying non-significant conditions, especially the important Weakness and Vulnerability.
Not to stop there, they can also avoid damage via Death Shroud, and are very mobile thanks for 30s Swiftness on-demand and a runspeed signet.

Only… NONE of that is currently challenged in PvE. But this is entirely an issue with current PvE-design, not with the class design. It’s an important distinction IMO, because Necros are more or less where I’d like to see all classes, varied options, 2 clear themes, solid but non-passive options in combat.

PvE combat just needs a change. Right now, NPCs are no different than doors in WvW.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sternenstaub.8763

sternenstaub.8763

Pretty much this.
I’d in fact say that in a vacuum, Necros are in amazing shape in PvE. They have by the far the best and most variable boon/condition control, they are kitten good team supporters, they have various CC options for tight spots, and they can do both direct damage while still applying non-significant conditions, especially the important Weakness and Vulnerability.
Not to stop there, they can also avoid damage via Death Shroud, and are very mobile thanks for 30s Swiftness on-demand and a runspeed signet.

Only… NONE of that is currently challenged in PvE. But this is entirely an issue with current PvE-design, not with the class design. It’s an important distinction IMO, because Necros are more or less where I’d like to see all classes, varied options, 2 clear themes, solid but non-passive options in combat.

PvE combat just needs a change. Right now, NPCs are no different than doors in WvW.

Well, the “team support” thing I would change into something like a “safety net for the team against conditions” while having nice heal choices on top. Direct boon support is rather scarce.

But all in all spot on!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

uhmm necro is definitely not the best meta out there.

The good metas right now are warrior/gaurd/engi/thief/ele.

The only class that is on the same level as the necro is the mesmer and probably the ranger class.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: attrail.8613

attrail.8613

The good metas? Lol wtf. L2meta properly pls.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I mean my dire condi terrormancer just refuses to die so I didn’t think they were weak at all

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Is this thread a joke? Necro is currently in a great place right now. Condis are the current meta in PvP and WvW.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Is this thread a joke? Necro is currently in a great place right now. Condis are the current meta in PvP and WvW.

-looks at the recent toruney, sees no team had more than one condition build-

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

-looks at the recent toruney, sees no team had more than one condition build-

the ToL tourny should have opened their eyes a bit since like you said only 1 condi build per team for the most part.

so based on that should we nerf direct damage to make it more worth while to get 2-3 condi builds in high level play?

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ssenkra Bloodroot.1028

Ssenkra Bloodroot.1028

I think your issue is you went into necromancer expecting a damage class. Necromancers are tanky/caster hybrids that support allies with LOTs of conditions. You don’t play necromancers for raw damage, you play them to make everyone around you run away in fear, cause enemies to kill over from loss of blood, and essentially never die while slowly killing everything around you.

Alternatively, necromancers actually make pretty decent healers. I know healing isn’t really a focus on this game, but talents like Life Transfer combined with Mark of Blood and Well of Blood can actually keep people alive pretty darn well.

“Those who are closest to death are often the best at preventing it.” Zal Varata

in Profession Balance

jportell.2197

I think your issue is you went into necromancer expecting a damage class. Necromancers are tanky/caster hybrids that support allies with LOTs of conditions. You don’t play necromancers for raw damage, you play them to make everyone around you run away in fear, cause enemies to kill over from loss of blood, and essentially never die while slowly killing everything around you.

Alternatively, necromancers actually make pretty decent healers. I know healing isn’t really a focus on this game, but talents like Life Transfer combined with Mark of Blood and Well of Blood can actually keep people alive pretty darn well.

Except people forget that necros have amazing direct damage? Well of suffering says hi!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ssenkra Bloodroot.1028

Ssenkra Bloodroot.1028

Except people forget that necros have amazing direct damage? Well of suffering says hi!

Yes and no.

Yes WoS is an AMAZING source of damage (and is to date my favorite skill next to Well of Shadows), but the damage comes in the form of an easily avoidable “tick.” It’s not so much direct damage as it is damage over time. Also unless you’re running ground targeting for wells, you’re probably going to have second thoughts about run headlong into a champion or a legendary to put the well down right next to them. It’s more of a deterrent for warriors and guardians who cannot afford getting that much armor striped away from them.

“Those who are closest to death are often the best at preventing it.” Zal Varata