Thesis: Necros are good.

1. People say eles are bad.
  2. Anet buffs eles.
  3. Ele is good now.
  4. People say necros are bad.
  5. Anet doesn’t buff necros.
  6. Necro must be good already.

Q.E.D.

Shoutout to the Devs and especially Jon ‘5 signets’ Peters who graced us with this wonderfully balanced game.

Leman

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Weak or not, necro have so many passive procs that I hope they dont buff them too much.
Reapers protection is ridiculous , random proc fear whenever you CC them.

Or chill of death 6 second chill and 3 boon steal when the enemy is below 50%, another absurd passive proc.

Not to mention corrupt boon , for an insta cast ability its way too strong.

Add counter play to the class then you can buff it.

Add counter play?

Tell me what part of the Necro lacks counter play.
Death Shroud? You can damage a Necro out of it’s only defensive mechanism.
Fear? Stun breaks and Condi clears.
Condis? Condi clears. Unless you think that condi clearing should make you utterly immune to dying to condi damage, in that case it’s not counter play but rather hard-countering.
Minions? Kill THEM.
Passive Procs? What do these procs inflict? Damage? Conditions? Can’t you counter them the same as from any other source?

How is chill of death worse than a double fire/air proc from any other profession?

Hell, if you use a movement skill and swiftness you can outright counter almost everything the Necro has at his disposal and it’ll probably go into a long cooldown.

Endure Pain, Zerker Stance, Stealth, Invincibility, Evasion… Those are the abilities that lack counter play. You can only wait them out, nothing you do can interfere with them in a meaningful and direct manner.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect when I opened this. 10/10

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Weak or not, necro have so many passive procs that I hope they dont buff them too much.

Or chill of death 6 second chill and 3 boon steal when the enemy is below 50%, another absurd passive proc.

Add counter play to the class then you can buff it.

Add counter play?

Tell me what part of the Necro lacks counter play.
Death Shroud? You can damage a Necro out of it’s only defensive mechanism.
Fear? Stun breaks and Condi clears.
Condis? Condi clears. Unless you think that condi clearing should make you utterly immune to dying to condi damage, in that case it’s not counter play but rather hard-countering.
Minions? Kill THEM.
Passive Procs? What do these procs inflict? Damage? Conditions? Can’t you counter them the same as from any other source?

How is chill of death worse than a double fire/air proc from any other profession?

Hell, if you use a movement skill and swiftness you can outright counter almost everything the Necro has at his disposal and it’ll probably go into a long cooldown.

Endure Pain, Zerker Stance, Stealth, Invincibility, Evasion… Those are the abilities that lack counter play. You can only wait them out, nothing you do can interfere with them in a meaningful and direct manner.

Yea sure a random proc that fears you for 5 seconds has counter play?? Am I supposed to waste my dodges whenever I engage a necro even if his not attacking me?

And yes chill of death is worse than fire+air. You realise that chill is like a stun you basically cant do kitten while chilled aka stunned.

You’re right about berserker stance and abusive evades, those also dont have counter play, but at least evades dont deal damage to me and so dosent berserker stance.
While fear does damage with terror and chill is a control effects + the boons removal from the trait.

Are you randomly inflicting CC effects when you attack? Because that’s the only random way you can trigger Reaper’s Protection. Do you have so many stunning attacks that you don’t even notice when you use one?

Chill is not a stun, what are you on about? You can act, you can dodge, you ckittene any skill. That is the very definition of not being stunned.

Necros even have the worst access to stability so you can interrupt their plentiful repertoire of long cast-time abilities.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Bhawb.7408

Not to mention Reaper’s Protection has a limited range and a proc that can be avoided by stability and Zerker stance.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yea sure a random proc that fears you for 5 seconds has counter play?? Am I supposed to waste my dodges whenever I engage a necro even if his not attacking me?

I never get over people hyperbolizing fear durations. Reaper’s protection is a 2 second proc.

I saw in another thread a guy said he was fear chain spammed for 10 seconds. Which it caps at 5 seconds.

Also corrupt boon already misses a lot. If you give it an animation it’ll need a cooldown or efficacy buff.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Cannot dispute.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Wait, people think Necro’s are underpowered?

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Necros aren’t underpowered lol. They literally hardcounter so many builds it’s not even funny. They destroy Thieves, destroy guardians, destroy eles, destroy mesmers, etc. What the class needs isn’t a buff; its a rework.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I never get over people hyperbolizing fear durations. Reaper’s protection is a 2 second proc.

I saw in another thread a guy said he was fear chain spammed for 10 seconds. Which it caps at 5 seconds.

Also corrupt boon already misses a lot. If you give it an animation it’ll need a cooldown or efficacy buff.

Its not 2 seconds with the trait that increases fear duration. And if the necro has nightmare runes then its even more than 5 sec fear.

Tell me, how can a 2 second fear, which obeys the +100% duration cap that ALL CONDITIONS HAVE, get to be 5 seconds?

You want to avoid that fear? Pop stability before CCing the necro, or don’t bother using a hard CC. There’s nothing unpredictable about it, outside of not knowing at first if the necro has that trait or not.

And random dodging corrupt boon is not counter play.

Believe it or not, not loading yourself up with boons and making yourself a juicy steak for corruption-packing necros is indeed counterplay. Or is popping several boons not something that you can control (and thus the same passive stuff you claim so much to hate)? Or, you know, cleansing afterward.

Fighting a necro is not skill based. Its about stacking condis clears, random dodging and CCing him to death. Its not fun for the necro and the player who fights them.

And completely untrue. You can easily fight a necro with only one total cleanse or a couple of 3-condi cleanses. You don’t need to stack everything you have available, contrary to popular belief.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

Its not 2 seconds with the trait that increases fear duration. And if the necro has nightmare runes then its even more than 5 sec fear.

Fighting a necro is not skill based. Its about stacking condis clears, random dodging and CCing him to death. Its not fun for the necro and the player who fights them.

Solution : give necros stability and remove the stupid passive or insta cast proc that has no counter play.

I’m sorry that a necro spending a majority of trait points for a few moments of safety was so frustrating. Perhaps you could bring a stunbreak or instant condi clear (aka, counter play) instead of eating 3 seconds of fear in this particular situation you laid out?

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

It is not random proc unlike nightmare runes 6…
It procs on the 1. hard CC you put on the necromancer and it is a 360 radius around him (well if it is not on cooldown). It is true that at the beginning of the fight you dont know if the necromancer has equipped it or not but you can simply anticipate it and then play around it like CC from bigger range then 360, use stability or dont cc at all etc..

Well it is not a boon steal but a boon removel and does extra damage if boons a removed. This one however has really no counterplay since it always proc at 50% no matter what. So dodging is impossible. So yes this skill may need some ajustment but then so do all traits that proc at a certain health treshold since those all dont have a counterplay.

Well in thats case you could argue that all instant spells are way to strong since the dont have any counterplay. So ok give all instant spells a casttime fine by me.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

Tell me, how can a 2 second fear, which obeys the +100% duration cap that ALL CONDITIONS HAVE, get to be 5 seconds?

6 seconds on my Necro.

Attachments:

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Bhawb.7408

6 seconds on my Necro.

Show me the 6 second fear in game. Tooltips are notoriously awful, especially about condition durations.

My PvP Minion Build

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

6 seconds on my Necro.

Show me the 6 second fear in game. Tooltips are notoriously awful, especially about condition durations.

Tooltip could be accurate, but it doesnt matter since he took the screen in PVE with food on. Could have a lot of other stuff that doesn’t translate to PVP, too.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

You want to avoid that fear? Pop stability before CCing the necro, or don’t bother using a hard CC. There’s nothing unpredictable about it, outside of not knowing at first if the necro has that trait or not.

Believe it or not, not loading yourself up with boons and making yourself a juicy steak for corruption-packing necros is indeed counterplay. Or is popping several boons not something that you can control (and thus the same passive stuff you claim so much to hate)? Or, you know, cleansing afterward.

And completely untrue. You can easily fight a necro with only one total cleanse or a couple of 3-condi cleanses. You don’t need to stack everything you have available, contrary to popular belief.

i laughed so hard at this!!! “tell me how a 2 second fear becomes 5 seconds, even with 100% condi duration” waita call him on that. too many people just throw around numbers with no relevance

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

It’s impossible to bring RP to 5 seconds in sPvP. You can bring RP to 4 seconds if you go 6 0 4 0 4 with necromancer runes:
30% + 50% + 20% = 100% * 2sec = 4 sec.
And in this case, you have the most ridiculous necro build. Congratulations, you screw up your build to get just tha…..! … Oh sorry, I got interrupted by a Berserker Stance Earthshaker!

Condimancers might be a counter to some very specific specs, but they have so many hard counters and those hard counters are quite popular in the current meta.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s impossible to bring RP to 5 seconds in sPvP. You can bring RP to 4 seconds if you go 6 0 4 0 4 with necromancer runes:
30% + 50% + 20% = 100% * 2sec = 4 sec.

It’s impossible to bring it that high anywhere, actually. 4 seconds is the hard cap in all areas of the game for a 2 second base Fear..

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Muchacho.2390

To the 6 seconds fear. On http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition_duration is stated that conditionduration is capped at 100%. This means unless this is a bug (tooltip error etc.) a 2 second fear cannot be pushed beyond 4 seconds.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Did I miss something? Or can’t you just chain two fears together?

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Muchacho.2390

Did I miss something? Or can’t you just chain two fears together?

Yes you can but this is all about one fear source so…

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Only Ranger can fear you for more than 12 seconds with one skill, Dear A t s e.

Nerf Rangers ?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jackums.3496

Jackums.3496

6 seconds on my Necro.

Tested and this is the case. The tool-tip shows the correct duration calculation without the cap, though the 4-second cap still applies.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I know this game’s combat mechanics is primarily balanced around PvP and I understand what you guys are saying; necromancers aren’t completely lackluster in it.

However I want to point out that as far as PvE is concerned, necromancer is essentially worthless to party compositions and brings no unique buffs for others to benefit from and that is a problem in my opinion. A lot of people will feel quite upset when they get repeatedly kicked from groups when they try to join parties on the LFG and it probably turns them off from dungeons and fractals.

Necro is as good as ele

in Profession Balance

Muchacho.2390

6 seconds on my Necro.

Tested and this is the case. The tool-tip shows the correct duration calculation without the cap, though the 4-second cap still applies.

Then it is a tooltip error since the tooltip should include the cap and with the cap the correct duration should be 4 seconds.

(edited by Muchacho.2390)