Necromancer: Feature Patch Preview Questions

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Hi all,

We know the feature patch (FP) is incoming sometime in early March. In preparation for that, let’s post in this thread all Necromancer-related questions we’d like the developers to answer with their preview post.

The idea is for someone like Grouch to take a look at this thread, then go to the developers and say, “OK, when we put together the preview thread for Necromancers, the community would like some answers related to the following: X,Y,Z…”

Please post your question (1 question per post please), and I will periodically update the OP with a list of most frequently asked questions.

Please scope the questions to be Necromancer-only: no questions about gear/sigils/runes/etc. unless you’re talking about a Necro-specific bug associated with said gear.

Thanks!

Questions thus far:

Will the utility cooldown bug when exiting DS (and other transormations) be fixed in the FP?

With the Dhuumfire rework, will the other changes made to offset Dhuumfire’s potency be reverted or re-examined in the FP?

The consensus is that Signet of Vampirism is an inferior heal under all circumstances. Will there be any changes to it in this FP?

Can you explain the vampiric nerfs and provide additional context. It seems that you are nerfing Necromancer sustain when Necromancers are supposed to be the attrition class? Is the intent to ensure Necromancers do not have a viable bunker build?

Why are Necromancers not be allowed to revive, stomp, etc. while in Death Shroud (aside from exploiting a race condition)?

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Will the utility cooldown bug when exiting DS be fixed?

Will the Lich form not-remembering auto-attack settings bug be fixed?

Will our new heal (Signet of Vampirism) be reworked/improved? Noone uses it.

(Sorry 3 questions but I didn’t want to post 3 times in a row)

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

With the Dhuumfire change, will it be relocated? It never felt like a Spite trait, and now it doesn’t feel like a Grandmaster one. Also, several things, such as Terror, were nerfed because our condition pressure was too high with burning. However, with the change, the frequency of burning applications will decrease. Hence, will such things be restored to their former glory?

Also, several Necros have made it clear that they are against the existence of Bloodthirst and Near to Death. Those two have caused other effects to be weakened since things must be balanced for “peak” conditions, but in cases where they are not chosen, the affected traits become sub-par. What is your opinion of this?

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Will the nerfs introduced to offset the strength of Dhuumfire be reversed, now that Dhuumfire will be changed?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

Will the utility cooldown bug when exiting DS be fixed?

Will the Lich form not-remembering auto-attack settings bug be fixed?

Will our new heal (Signet of Vampirism) be reworked/improved? Noone uses it.

(Sorry 3 questions but I didn’t want to post 3 times in a row)

Those are all very good questions. The first and third one are the same questions I’d like answers on.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Necromancers are supposed to be the attrition profession, but currently are played almost exclusively as glass cannons with a kill or be killed mentality. This is mostly due to the Necromancer having almost no means of escape once a fight begins.

Since the Necros have the worst mobility in game, they NEED to see a fight to it’s conclusion, they were given deathshroud as a means to allow them to stay in fights longer than other professions. However, the Necro is known to have the least viable sustain options compared to every other profession, actually boasting the lowest win rate whenever a fight extends itself.

My question is; how did we arrive to this situation? Are there any measures being taken to decrease the short term burst damage of the Necromancer while increasing his long term damage and survivability? The survivability issue is especially glaring in the context of WvW and PvE content.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

Will death nova direct damage eventually be added to bone minions putrid explosion with them becoming blockable?

Why is the sustain of the necromancer, Specifically minion master vampirism, getting nerfed more than the warrior healing signet, when the minion vapirism requires you to dedicate an entire utility set and major+minor trait to get the most out of it, while the warrior signet is a grab and go? Hell, the warrior signet is getting a net buff since the active is getting buffed along with the nerf, and I believe there are even more complaints about it than minion vampirism!

A more shortened extension of the question above, will the necromancer ever get MORE sustain instead of damage increases?

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Profession Balance

Ghostextechnica.3270

Will signet buffs and healing ever be allowed to work with Death Shroud?

It’s currently possible to take lots of signets and spec into the blood tree (siphons), and have none of your skills or talents work at all while in DS.

It would be such a great answer to our attrition/sustain problems.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Will we ever see our old functionality back to survive one-hit kills in Death Shroud? Why was this strategic element even removed?

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

So you tell us to post 1 question while you ask 3. Ok.

Will necro ever get cleave?

Will necro get a boost to team support through boons and general utility?

Well of power/darkness have pretty long cooldowns. Will these get reduced?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Are you ever going to buff siphons to be good enough for a bunker build?

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

Thedenofsin.7340

So you tell us to post 1 question while you ask 3. Ok.

Hi all,
Please post your question (1 question per post please), and I will periodically update the OP with a list of most frequently asked questions.

Learn to read.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Reanimator and Protection of the Horde?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Masterlancer.5321

Masterlancer.5321

First of all, sorry for my english (is not my language).

I understand that the nerf of Vampiric Master respond to the objetive of make the builds more depending of the player actions. But, even in that case:

- Why the very hard nerfs in the Minions/vampiric build will be not compensate with better active skills for the minions?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Outside of vampiric master and to a lesser degree vampiric wells (strong but easy to avoid) our vampiric traits are lack luster even after the recent change. Are these traits getting looked at? Also dagger mastery and quickening thirst should really be a single trait almost all weapon cool down reduction skills have a secondary effect save dagger. If not combine then add something to dagger mastery to bring it inline with other similar traits.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Profession Balance

Thedenofsin.7340

Good questions so far. It’s shaping up. Keep them coming.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

will we ever be able to heal , revive, stomp, … in death shroud if not why?

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’d like to mine in Death Shroud too. a simple QOL issue that would be a big help.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Profession Balance

Ghostextechnica.3270

Yeah those DS QOL updates would be amazing.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Oh word, didnt see that part. No need to be a kitten.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

“Will the utility cooldown bug when exiting DS be fixed in the FP?”
When will the utility lockout upon leaving all transformation be fixed?
Needs to be on all transformations.

My questions:
-Will necromancer’s be able to blast their own fields in the future?
like archane wave.
-And will the necro’s stomp be adressed together with out traits doing more damage when certain quota’s are met.. (since even our strongest dps can be outhealed on downed) iow rework of downed skills in general?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in Profession Balance

Thedenofsin.7340

I think that about sums it up. Let’s hope the CMs forward our questions to the developers for the upcoming preview.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Oh, I have another one:
Is the incompatibility of our biggest sustain mechanics (death shroud and siphoning) intentional? If so, why? Would you ever consider weakening one or both to have them function together?
Necromancers are hardly the tanking beasts we were in the betas, and can barely bunker a point, so I don’t see how the pitiful gains from siphons will unbalance us if extended to Death Shroud.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.