[Necromancer Healing]

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

With the recent changes to dagger #2 for the necromancer, I think this is the perfect time to get anets attention in regards to other healing traits that are weak and need rework.
(10000x a charm)
Self-healing buffs in deathshroud would be beneficial as well.

My suggestions are:
Deathly Invigoration – Heal in an area when you ENTER deathshroud, as opposed to the current heal when you leave it. While the heal is decent when you spec into healing power (although what necro uses healing power these days?), it is harder to sustain yourself if you are going into deathshroud just to come out of it right away for the extra heal. This honestly isn’t too much to ask. .

Transfusion – Life transfer should heal you while in your deathshroud as well!!!!!!!!
It currently has 9 pulses and heals allies.

Put your suggestions in the comments below.

We want dat blood magic to be worthwhile pls.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Deathly Invigoration doesn’t really need a change. If you enter death shroud, you are going to be leaving it at some point, and your health total hasn’t changed at all in between those times.

Transfusion does not need to heal the necro, I feel. You already get the life force and it is a very strong heal. Still, this one is arguable.

What Necros need most is for the traits that only heal yourself to function in Death Shroud. That is, Parasitic Bond, Parasitic Contagion, Vampiric Precision, Vampiric, Vampiric Master, and Vampiric Rituals. The Regeneration boon should also heal a Necromancer in Death Shroud, because boons should never be a pure liability. Becoming immune to a boon is downright stupid.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

What Necros need most is for the traits that only heal yourself to function in Death Shroud.

*all healing

I know you’ve (wrongly) been adamant about only self healing in the other thread as well, but since we’re at it again: why would you make an exception for regeneration? Or should regeneration only work if applied by yourself? And what happens if several people stack regen on you, would it work for a few sec in DS and then stop again once your part of the regen duration expires?
And how is becoming immune to a boon “downright stupid” but not healing in general anyway?

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

They just need to let us siphon through shroud. The issue right now is that siphoning doesn’t synergize with our core mechanic and when we’re out of shroud we can’t really facetank enough to benefit from siphoning since we lack blocks and evades.

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

What Necros need most is for the traits that only heal yourself to function in Death Shroud.

*all healing

I know you’ve (wrongly) been adamant about only self healing in the other thread as well, but since we’re at it again: why would you make an exception for regeneration? Or should regeneration only work if applied by yourself? And what happens if several people stack regen on you, would it work for a few sec in DS and then stop again once your part of the regen duration expires?
And how is becoming immune to a boon “downright stupid” but not healing in general anyway?

Because boons are supposed to be beneficial. Right now, Regeneration is purely detrimental to a Necro in death shroud. Necros do not get any benefits at all for simply having a boon, let alone Regenertion. The boon being on the necro, however, will still grant bonus damage to Warriors running Destruction of the Empowered, can be stolen with Larcenous Strike or Arcane Thievery, copied with Mimic, can be ripped for bonus damage with Spinal Shivers, or corrupted to poison via Corrupt Boon, Well of Corruption, and Path of Corruption.

Why it is so stupid to receive no benefit from a boon is because an effect that is supposed to be helping you out instead becomes purely a liability. There is no positive aspect at all to having Regeneration on you while you are in Death Shroud. This is directly against what boons are supposed to be.

I’m a Geeleiver

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

This is directly against what boons are supposed to be.

And the very same logic applies to healing.

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

This is directly against what boons are supposed to be.

And the very same logic applies to healing.

While true, there is a massive balance difference between receiving the healing from Regeneration and receiving all of it. Healing in Death Shroud is more powerful than healing normally, because while in death shroud, your health isn’t going down. None of the healing you receive is counteracted by damage taken, especially since life force generation is completely separate from healing.

This is why I am so adamantly against allowing all healing in death shroud. It would be akin to a Warrior that had Defy Pain up for ~20 seconds at a time. It would be overpowered and lead to Necros getting very harsh nerfs.

The way to implement healing in death shroud would be incremental steps. First make the self-heal traits function in death shroud so you don’t have profession mechanics fighting each other. Regenration boon also functioning could happen now, or it could be held off for the next step. Partial healing from other sources could be allowed next, with increasing percentages or more sources. Between all steps, there need to be evaluation periods on a live environment. When it becomes too much, the latest changes get rolled back instead of massive nerfs to the profession in other areas.

I’m a Geeleiver

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Transfusion can’t heal you through DS, it’d be wildly OP if it did.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

*all healing

Because boons are supposed to be beneficial. Right now, Regeneration is purely detrimental to a Necro in death shroud. Necros do not get any benefits at all for simply having a boon, let alone Regenertion. The boon being on the necro, however, will still grant bonus damage to Warriors running Destruction of the Empowered, can be stolen with Larcenous Strike or Arcane Thievery, copied with Mimic, can be ripped for bonus damage with Spinal Shivers, or corrupted to poison via Corrupt Boon, Well of Corruption, and Path of Corruption.

Why it is so stupid to receive no benefit from a boon is because an effect that is supposed to be helping you out instead becomes purely a liability. There is no positive aspect at all to having Regeneration on you while you are in Death Shroud. This is directly against what boons are supposed to be.

Omg, I actually never thought of regeneration being a liability. That is so redundant. Good reply! Devs need to explain dis kittene lawl.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

With the recent changes to dagger #2 for the necromancer, I think this is the perfect time to get anets attention in regards to other healing traits that are weak and need rework.
(10000x a charm)
Self-healing buffs in deathshroud would be beneficial as well.

My suggestions are:
Deathly Invigoration – Heal in an area when you ENTER deathshroud, as opposed to the current heal when you leave it. While the heal is decent when you spec into healing power (although what necro uses healing power these days?), it is harder to sustain yourself if you are going into deathshroud just to come out of it right away for the extra heal. This honestly isn’t too much to ask. .

Transfusion – Life transfer should heal you while in your deathshroud as well!!!!!!!!
It currently has 9 pulses and heals allies.

Put your suggestions in the comments below.

We want dat blood magic to be worthwhile pls.

Good suggestion. I like the idea to buff the underused healing traits. The problem is that if they give a high base healing other specs may get too much survivability. IMO the base should be low but the way it scales with healing power should be higher than the what the current is.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Maybe a new Grandmaster trait? “You can be heal in Deathshroud” – Replaces the useless Vampiric Rituals (life siphon on Wells) in Blood Magic line. Would it be too OP?

Sorry for my english.

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It should be base, you should not have to trait just to make your other traits not useless.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

While healing in Death Shroud would be nice (beyond the current trait we have for it), it could get out of hand pretty fast. Life Steal effects (whether by traits, runs, or sigils, etc) would work perfectly in this scenario. You automatically get life stealing capabilities by going into Blood Magic, and the heals are often for such a low amount, you’d need to focus on consistent application in order to provide a good amount.

Its also a common thing around the game, that many base heals are too high, and don’t scale well enough. That would improve the case for including healing power into your stats.

Fishsticks

[Necromancer Healing]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

The way to implement healing in death shroud would be incremental steps. First make the self-heal traits function in death shroud so you don’t have profession mechanics fighting each other. Regenration boon also functioning could happen now, or it could be held off for the next step. Partial healing from other sources could be allowed next, with increasing percentages or more sources. Between all steps, there need to be evaluation periods on a live environment. When it becomes too much, the latest changes get rolled back instead of massive nerfs to the profession in other areas.

that way to change it is so true,
Im also for all healing sources effecting deathshroud because healing is a part of the game that is nullified by deathshroud.
It’s like putting in combo fields with no finishers except this issue only applies to the necromancer.