Necromancer new soul reaping grandmaster

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

Hi all,

I’ve come up with a suggestion since hearing about this trait, it will be terribly hard to land this ever without aiming the camera and randomly auto attacking or targeting someone and hoping that your ally is standing between you and them to receive the heal???

So since deathshroud is our only defense mechanic, meaning that you, Anet, have again tied something else to our defense mechanic we now will have to choose between tanking, healing or dpsing if we choose to take this trait.

don’t get me wrong it’s skillful play which i’m all for but this skill will be way too hard to land on anyone.

What i propose?
————————————-

You change this GM trait so that Lifeblast explodes on the target you hit.

You can add damage if you want or not, but anyone within the radius of the blast will be healed if they are an ally or damaged if they are an enemy (aoe/cleave please???)

meaning that we can actually provide some backline support with piercing lifeblasts rather than mindlessly spamming the skill (please have you actually tried to land this heal on anyone in the middle of a fight???)

let me know what you guys think, hope Anet reads too.

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I like the way it works as it is. Hopefully it’ll be powerful enough.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in Profession Balance

Elvahaduken.3609

have you tried aiming DS auto onto people to imitate how this trait will work? I can’t understand how you like the way it is right now, it’s too hard to land for the pitiful gain that you will get IF you manage to land it on an ally

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I think this can do some serious stuf in zergs. Add unyealding blast and it gets better.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

have you tried aiming DS auto onto people to imitate how this trait will work? I can’t understand how you like the way it is right now, it’s too hard to land for the pitiful gain that you will get IF you manage to land it on an ally

You’re not trying to hit your ally, you position yourself so your ally is between you and your life blast target. It will be pretty easy to land, really.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think the healing power coefficient is important in figuring out if this trait needs to be changed or not.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think the healing power coefficient is important in figuring out if this trait needs to be changed or not.

Even before healing power, putting out ~700 healing/second (adjusting for life blast fire rate and stated base value of ~800) to potentially multiple allies is quite strong sustained healing. I think we will find it is a very powerful support trait.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Elvahaduken.3609

You’re not trying to hit your ally, you position yourself so your ally is between you and your life blast target. It will be pretty easy to land, really.

which makes it extremely hard to land correctly? especially if everyone is constantly moving?

and what if you want to heal someone but they’re out of range because the target is in front of you and they’re behind the target? move through/around until you get lined up to get the 800 heal off? lol wow, a guardian can do 1 dodge roll and get the same result with minimal healing power.

I don’t understand how people are accepting this …
This is way too situational to use effectively for the heal that it gives, why not make it easier and give us another viable tool so that we might actually see some support necros?

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

which makes it extremely hard to land correctly? especially if everyone is constantly moving?

and what if you want to heal someone but they’re out of range because the target is in front of you and they’re behind the target? move through/around until you get lined up to get the 800 heal off? lol wow, a guardian can do 1 dodge roll and get the same result with minimal healing power.

I have heard rumors of necros being able to trait for piercing life blasts, and it might even be in the same traitline at the adept level…

Why are we accepting it? Because it’s bringing us something we lack, and it’s actually bringing it in a pretty potent way.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

unyealding blast allows piercinq so as long as there are less then 5 enemies it will pass through but if you have hit five enemies then you have placed 10 stacks of vulnerabilty and that is support as well.

EverythingOP

in Profession Balance

Elvahaduken.3609

I have heard rumors of necros being able to trait for piercing life blasts, and it might even be in the same traitline at the adept level…

Why are we accepting it? Because it’s bringing us something we lack, and it’s actually bringing it in a pretty potent way.

I will test this now in wvw zerging, I will tell you my results. I suggest you do the same since your so adamant that this will be decent, hf trying to land life blasts on people who need a heal.

also thanks for the sarcastic reply, I always aim to meet at least one kitten a day

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Even before healing power, putting out ~700 healing/second (adjusting for life blast fire rate and stated base value of ~800) to potentially multiple allies is quite strong sustained healing. I think we will find it is a very powerful support trait.

I think that sounds good but the positioning is a factor as OP illustrates. It’s certainly possible to make happen but it’s not super easy to keep yourself in a line between 2 or more targets.

in Profession Balance

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think that sounds good but the positioning is a factor as OP illustrates. It’s certainly possible to make happen but it’s not super easy to keep yourself in a line between 2 or more targets.

Positioning is a factor indeed. I don’t mind that, as it does reward more skillful play to get that strong, sustained healing.

And I will happily test it in WvW zerging. Just have to wait until the patch actually hits.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

Positioning is a factor indeed. I don’t mind that, as it does reward more skillful play to get that strong, sustained healing.

And I will happily test it in WvW zerging. Just have to wait until the patch actually hits.

In order to make Unyielding Blast worth it, any DS Necro worth his salt already knows how to position. Modifying the positioning tactics shouldn’t be hard at all.

Additionally, melee allies will benefit greatly due to the huge hitbox LB has.

I don’t see it as a real problem. But then again, I’ve been playing DS Necros since before last June.