in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

inB4engidefenders

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

what are you using to fight a turret engineer?

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Turret eng isn’t OP, it loses to ranged aoe among other things. It is too strong for how easy it is to use though… but that’s hardly unique (war/mes/bla bla bla). This game is poorly balanced when it comes to skill.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

What about a turret engineer makes them imvincible?

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What about a turret engineer makes them imvincible?

You should have seen our Piken Engineer raid many months ago… Oh my god we laughed so hard. It was beautiful. Blobs double the size simply dropped dead the moment our commander yelled for dropping supply crates on the same spot. No solo class raid I have seen has even even close (Thief raid was a complete disaster, lol).

But alone, I dont think I’ve ever seen a decent turret engineer, no. Especially not in tPvP :p

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

But alone, I dont think I’ve ever seen a decent turret engineer, no. Especially not in tPvP :p

They’re around, just not that much. I’ve never seen one in team queue, only in solo queue.

I’m not sure they’ll ever fit into a tournament viable position with the way they are now, but they can provide some decent node defense as well as party support.

As for the OP, you need to figure out why you’re losing to them and figure out how to counter it. It could be as simple as making sure you’re paying attention to what your opponent is doing, or maybe there’s some adjustments you could make to your build.

If it turns out that the build you want to use just doesn’t have the right tools or options, you can always opt to ignore the turret engineer. One of the inherent weaknesses in a turret engineer is that they need to stay focused on the node. They can be strong in a localized area, but they don’t have the freedom to roam around the map. If the enemy’s turret engg decides to rot on a node, you can 5v4 the rest of the enemy team to hold the other two nodes, while that engg just sits around twiddling their thumbs. If the engg leaves the node, that’s when you can backcap the node, especially if they decide to redeploy their turrets elsewhere.

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Ranged damage = dead turret engi. Not op in the slightest.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Spirit Rangers, MM Necros, and Turret Engis only kill noobs that are clueless. The players that are not noobs don’t care because they see an easy kill. Therefore, only noobs come to forums complaining of these ai classes.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dice Dragon.4326

Dice Dragon.4326

Turret engi is the most passive build next to spirit ranger. Anything that can be played by a zombie should be nerfed in my opinion.

if a zombie can play it, why cant you who is so clearly obviously better then a zombie not over come AI? I see pvp players “omg pve is soooo easy, AI is dumb!”

then they complain when AI does the “work” in a build. like what? The AI/passive arguement is really poor, cause its a valid play style, just like stall in pokemon, or defensive strats in RTS, or anything else for that matter. just cause its boring does not mean its not allowed. I personally enjoy hiding in my turret ball.

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Looks like someone doesnt win just by spamming their usual one button of his awesome reddit meta build.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s kind of funny, but it hit me some time ago. We have strenght runes power meta and more sturdy/power Engineers appear more and more often, being tough for other fotm builds.

Necros went dramatically down in this meta, being vunerable to it.

However, Condition Necromancer still has some purpose in meta – it kills engineers.

So they’re slowly balancing out. Engis are tough for meta builds, but weak to good Condition Necros when Necros are weak against meta builds/focus, but excell at killing Engis.

Circle of Meta.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

Ya it’s a circle of meta, and my class ain’t in that circle…

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Devon.9375

Devon.9375

Ehm….this post…..not sure if trolling orrrrrrrr……..hmmm

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

But only nerf it in pvp. Turret builds in pve already suck enough as it is.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I find it hard to believe that turret engineers, who are far from the best build at fighting mobs in PvE, are a struggle for players in a PvP mode.

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I find it hard to believe that turret engineers, who are far from the best build at fighting mobs in PvE, are a struggle for players in a PvP mode.

You don’t seem to have a lot of PvP experience. I’m not accusing anything, just my analysis. Basically, in PvP it is almost completely conquest, thus an engineer is capable of setting up a number of very powerful “minions” around the point they’re in charge of defending. Turrets, in truth, are probably more powerful than other minion types in exchange for the ability to move. In PvE, their immobility makes it hard for them to be useful against most kinds of mob. In PvP, however, the enemies have to come to you to fight, thus turrets give you the home field advantage. Very, very strong with the Experimental Turrets trait, among other things.

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Pretty sure a large chunk of the problem has to do with the very design of the only current sPvP game mode, particularly its reward system, which is skewed (as far as I know) toward holding a point; if my information isn’t inaccurate, you pretty much have to spend no more than ten seconds between kills if you want to gain enough points from getting kills to justify it over point-holding.
Guess what Turrets are pretty much designed for? They can’t move, a dedicated Turreteer will likely have at least one survivability traitline maxed, and they offer a lot of crowd-control.
Make the combat mobile, as it is in the rest of the game, and suddenly, that nest of Turrets is something to step around, or the Engineer someone to lure away from the support of their Turrets.

The other major part of the issue likely stems from how rare Turret Engineers have been for months – or how rare they should have been, given the various bugs like lowered fire rate, or giant hitboxes. People in sPvP haven’t dealt with Turrets enough to know what to do about them, or they’d know their vulnerability to ranged AoE, and the build’s limited access to condition cleanses or stunbreakers.

Here’s a big ol’ idea: Maybe do some work on sPvP, to make mobility matter without making immobile builds pointless. sPvP itself’s barely been touched in the last two years, as far as I can recall, with the exception of a couple maps being added (I think).

How about:
Some capture points are mobile, with special rewards for holding them for certain lengths of time; perhaps cargo or somesuch, being delivered from Place A to Place B.
Place A and Place B could be set locations, while the route would be randomized.
To keep people from just camping at A and B, rendering mobility moot, the mobile point might change direction if it’s captured, giving the captors an advantage they would lose if they let it near its final position instead. At the same time, due to randomization of routes, there’s not a lot of point just building a fortification in the middle of where it’s thought to be going. Allow the controllers of the point to literally control it, and change what direction it’s going at certain points, giving urgency to knowing where it is and where it will be. Never let them actually stop the mobile point, though; this would defeat the intention, which is steady motion.

(edited by Anymras.5729)

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Balance in PvP is so vastly different from balance in PvE. As long as Anet refuses to seperate PvP and PvE in that regard (like they did in gw1) there will never be balance.

Builds that are underpowered in PvE can be overpowered in PvP, and vice versa.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dice Dragon.4326

Dice Dragon.4326

Balance in PvP is so vastly different from balance in PvE. As long as Anet refuses to seperate PvP and PvE in that regard (like they did in gw1) there will never be balance.

And as such the turrets will prolly be nerfed to levels of unplayablity in pve while still being complained about cause “AI” rip turrets 2014, your time in the sun was short.

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

And as such the turrets will prolly be nerfed to levels of unplayablity in pve while still being complained about cause “AI” rip turrets 2014, your time in the sun was short.

Indeed. The fact Anet refuses to seperate balance is just mind boggling..

~Sincerely, Scissors

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

That turret kitten. They invincible. All Tpvp has this op kitten

It’s called cleave. Take out rocket turret, then thumper turret…. Then kill that mindless no skill engineer…. He is junk without turrets. :P

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Nerf Engineer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Turu.1728

Turu.1728

I don’t know why a lot of people still complain about turrets, really.
I mean, Anet just solved some reaction-time bugs and added a couple of GMs that don’t buff their damage but add only utility through reflects and boons. I’ve always played turret engi in pvp, but it seems the complaints are coming out only recently because of the popularity the build reached.
The fact is turret engi, if it’s not played well, is a total garbage. Grab a friend of yours, tell him to go turret and test the damage output of the turrets alone, and then his own without turrets, you will be surprised by the fact that it sucks. Moreover, if you don’t time your CCs well you are going to be a dead engi soon, because your defence (and offence) is control. In fact the real potential is the absurd amount of area control skills, which bounce you around like a pinball and make you believe that the engi is melting you.

Do you (generic complaining guy) need desperatly a way to counter turret engineers? Put stability on if you’re melee and wreck havoc among that immobile pile of rusty iron and wood (rocket, flame and rifle have a really low health pool). Once two out of three turrets are gone (the last one is usually thumper) you have already won the fight, even without damaging the engi in this whole process.
If you use a range class, expecially elementalist, the situation is even easier: aoe and/or single target pressure on the engi.

Honestly complaining about a build specifically designed to hold points because that build is, listen to this, holding points, is just an ignorant asserition.

All in all, in tpvp with my team I keep killing unaware people and be killed by good players. That’s not an AI problem, but more of a deficiency of someone’s intelligence.

Post Scriptum: I’m not referring to anyone in specific and I don’t mean to be rude or arrogant. Just saying.