Nerf medi Guard sustain or burst

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Right now there burst is INSANE.. and with allot of healing

Every meditation skill heals for 2k…
Where merciful intervention heals for another 2k (its like a second healing skill for 4k healing) + virt of resolve guardian have like 18-20k healing every 38 sec… (if you count all the skills together)

20k every 40 sec lets say.. thats insane!!

Now this is OK if there burst is more like warriors, but its much more direct dmg..

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Guardians also have a health pool about the size of an Elementalist’s. That’s why they have so many defensive bits.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

You should probably be advocating for a reversal of the retaliation change before nerfing a class.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Do you do anythign else beside crying? Cry over Warrior (I got that, I felt it a bit too) and now cry over a spec that never was OP, and it sure as hell it was not a 2k heal on a 72 CD skills that made it OP.
This is obvious L2P issue.
I main this role in PvP and I sure can tell I did not found much of a difference before patch and now, role plays out pretty much the same way as before, which is you go and won or you die. LITERALLY we go into a fight you better pray to not get outnumbered otherwise GG. WE can’t escape and those sustain habilities are the only thing keeping us alive for the little time we will be alive once we get in a bad spot.

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

omg, u again? stop kittening and l2p.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Right now there burst is INSANE.. and with allot of healing

Every meditation skill heals for 2k…
Where merciful intervention heals for another 2k (its like a second healing skill for 4k healing) + virt of resolve guardian have like 18-20k healing every 38 sec… (if you count all the skills together)

20k every 40 sec lets say.. thats insane!!

Now this is OK if there burst is more like warriors, but its much more direct dmg..

There are just some classes you can’t beat.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

cry over warrior? they are in a horrible place right now.

And no this patch doesnt made guardian suddenly OP.. they where already very good (medi guards) and yes this patch did buff them even more.

If you compared guard with other classes i can say you they have too much burst for the amount of sustain they have.

And dont come with the argument, if you get target and 3 man jump on guard they just dead.. every class if dead when multiple jump on 1.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Let’s fix retal first. Adding sustain and greater access to virtues may or may not have put them past a tipping point of being “too much”, but giving them 25% extra damage from retal absolutely makes them OP offensively.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Medguard is fine. If they takes the extra 2k HP heal, they are most likely not running condi cleanses. Damage is still the same as before, BTW.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Haven’t touched WvW in weeks.
With the new Guard patch, can I actually now win a competent Condi-Spam Necro/other tanky specced condition spammers?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

And no this patch doesnt made guardian suddenly OP.. they where already very good (medi guards) and yes this patch did buff them even more.

If you compared guard with other classes i can say you they have too much burst for the amount of sustain they have.

And dont come with the argument, if you get target and 3 man jump on guard they just dead.. every class if dead when multiple jump on 1.

Tell that to Mesmer, thief and (Nike) Warrior. The Medi-Guard’s problem in a 3 man jump is that he has no way of getting the kitten out of there. Like others have said, yours is a L2P issue.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Is this your 5th or so thread demanding Medi Guard nerfs? I got infracted last time for telling you to stop making them, but to be honest you’re starting to annoy me

9 Guardians later…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Wow again this guy, k

Stella Truth Seeker

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Escape tools are what people are referring too when you get jumped by three people. You’re not going to be able to get out of it. Our burst is over channeled duration Zealot’s defense , WW they are also multi hit. Chill, and poison application will hamper guardian meditation guard pretty badly. Guardians are kiteable inherently slow with no access to swiftness unless you use Staff or Retreat. Almost non-existent soft CC. People are saying Warrior is in a bad place now, but the good ones are still playing just fine. There’s actually a thought process of counting dodges. The same builds that beat medi guardian before the patch can till beat guardian now. Nothing has changed much.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

you do realize guards have a lowest base (or one of the) HP pools in the game, they kinda need the sustain otherwise you die. stun/daze lock will shut them down real fast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

guardian burst was always the same, sustain was always low, the only good thing since this patch is the elite now, and the only real good thing about the change is that its in lower cd.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Profession Balance

nicknamenick.2437

There sustain is great in 1vs1 situations and there burst is higher compared to warr..

but there is also something wrong with retaliation.. hope they fix that first.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I allways liked the medi guatd build. I liked to fight it and I liked to use it myself. It one of those builds that show skill imho. If the guard is good, he will be strong with this build, if not, he will fail horribly. But I have not fought yet a medi guard after the patch, so I cannot tell if any change impacted in a certain way. But I could imagine the change to renewed focus would be a quite welcome change

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

There sustain is great in 1vs1 situations and there burst is higher compared to warr..

but there is also something wrong with retaliation.. hope they fix that first.

Thats why, Warrior meta builds don’t really rely on burst damage. What builds relys on burst damage without using pure damage amulet like Berserker? Sure they should have more burst when meta Warrior uses Soldier and Celestial and still hits hard as a truck.

Also, burst damage =/= burst skill. Warrior meta rely on those, Hambow to stun lock target, Axe/Sw for the huge damage you can still get from that with a amulet as Celestial that work wonder with that weapon set. Not to mention Longbow

Oh you were talking about burst damage on other builds? Pal, others builds don’t work, they all got nerfed

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

in Profession Balance

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

There are many counters to dps guards. The main one is the dodge button. It pretty much negates all their burst! There are 4 lesser counters known as keys: W,A,S,D. Not as effective as dodge but still pretty decent.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Meditation guardian is a glass build that counters other glass builds. How do you beat it? Well, every passing second in a fight decreases the medi guard’s chance of winning, so simply outlasting them and whittling them down should do the trick quite nicely.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Meditation guardian is a glass build that counters other glass builds. How do you beat it? Well, every passing second in a fight decreases the medi guard’s chance of winning, so simply outlasting them and whittling them down should do the trick quite nicely.

This pretty much.
Medi guardian has been fine and is still fine.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg