No nerfs to berserker stance?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Alphabet.7392

Alphabet.7392

Really? kittening really? 1 skill that can shut down an entire spec?

HoD
Lyyneheim

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

…8 seconds…on a 60 second CD..

Name a condition that can only be applied every 60seconds..

dont worry I’ll wait

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Really 8 sec is such a big deal for you? Keep in mind, it doesn’t remove any conditions already on the warrior, just no new ones.

Currently condition is already the OP meta in any types of pvp, what else do you want? Do you want a “I win” button too? Seriously putting some effort in playing the kitten game.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Given that a condition spec should be capable of surviving long enough for their damage to actually work, the 10 seconds maximum should be able to be gotten through.

Yes, it’s a serious edge in such a fight, but it doesn’t automatically mean you win.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Now imagine a condi spec being able to permablind you for 8 seconds and make every attack you do for those 8 straight seconds miss while they continue to damage you.

Now say that isn’t OP. Because it’s the same crap. Warriors saying condis applied previously still exist are dishonest taking into account rune of lyssa and cleansing ire.

And 8 seconds is PLENTY of time for a warrior to easily take out at least 80% of your health.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Now imagine a condi spec being able to permablind you for 8 seconds and make every attack you do for those 8 straight seconds miss while they continue to damage you.

Now say that isn’t OP. Because it’s the same crap. Warriors saying condis applied previously still exist are dishonest taking into account rune of lyssa and cleansing ire.

And 8 seconds is PLENTY of time for a warrior to easily take out at least 80% of your health.

If a Warrior is killing you in 8 seconds you are bad.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Lyssa is getting nerfed…soon everyone is going to go back to melandru runes and just stack up anti condi duration.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Lyssa’s condi removal will be 5 conditions removed, so it will still be used. It just won’t give you all the boons in the world on top of stability as if warriors didn’t have enough stability.

With the decreases to crit damage the natural counters to healing signet warriors, which were bursty specs like D/P thief or S/D or S/P thief and maybe mesmer, warriors will actually come out stronger in this patch.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Actually what you described is a lot more powerful than Berserker stance. Since this skill will make both power based attack and conditional based attack miss. It is kind of like Berserker stance + Ignore pain. So yeah it is OP.

But if you are talking about just the functionality of berserker stance or ignore pain in a condition based profession then I don’t think its OPed at all, provided long enough cool down (60 sec is fine). Keep in mind they will need to give up 1 utility slot for it.

Regarding lyssa and cleansing ire, that’s a different story. lyssa is getting nerf, and cleansing ire requires a hit. Now how about lets talk about requiring only 1 stats on gear to be effective condition build, and ignoring armor completely. There is a reason why condition builds are the meta. Bottom line, if you run condition builds you really need to stop QQ and L2P.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There is a reason why condition builds are the meta.

Except they aren’t and never have been. Unless you are talking about, say, Necromancer builds? Who would have thought that the “masters of conditions” class would be good with conditions?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Lyssa’s condi removal will be 5 conditions removed, so it will still be used. It just won’t give you all the boons in the world on top of stability as if warriors didn’t have enough stability.

With the decreases to crit damage the natural counters to healing signet warriors, which were bursty specs like D/P thief or S/D or S/P thief and maybe mesmer, warriors will actually come out stronger in this patch.

Actually poison and conditions is a better counter. Believe it or not most warriors can’t deal with condi spam very well.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Really? kittening really? 1 skill that can shut down an entire spec?

i do agree that berserker stance is annoying, and i would love to see it nerfed

but your argument is really poor, its a 8 second skill with 60 seconds CD, it doesnt shut down an entire spec like diamond skin or automated response which have no CD.

and if you really want to say “shut down an entire spec” with berserker stance.
any invulnerability ele, mesmer have will shut down not just an entire spec, but any spec that does damage by your means.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Actually poison and conditions is a better counter. Believe it or not most warriors can’t deal with condi spam very well.

This when I am on my necro the best target to Epi I found is a warrior because they don’t necessarily remove them they just deal with them.

Zerker stance is fine you should assume every warrior runs it. Identify the weapons the warrior is using and avoid the big damage while it is up because a warrior is trying to unload on a condition build while his zerk stance is up.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If Automated Response is any sort of guidepost, expect this stance to provide -50% but last longer in the next patch after this one…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s 8 seconds longer they can hold/contest a point is a decent… not omg though… but add on passive regens + naturally high hp + cleansing ire… individually it’s not that bad, but it’s a bit much when you can put all these parts together for such a low tradeoff cost.

Full immunities are bad in general and promote less skilled gameplay. The change to eng seems very solid and I hope they do similar things to the other classes.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I think the heal stance is a much bigger deal, personally. :X

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Just kite them for 8 seconds, its not that difficult. Yes the skill is a bit ridiciulous to have full immunity but it also is hilarious to watch a war blow every single cd to gain “invulnerability” only to sit there for 40+ seconds with 0 utility outside of 1-5 spam and weapon swap.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”