[PVE] Any Builds Involving Carrion?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiallendor.1064

Kiallendor.1064

Are there any builds that involve carrion stats? I’ve had a Occam’s Weapon Chest sitting in my inventory for the longest time and don’t know what to do with it. So I’ve been searching around for any type of condition build for any profession that involves in carrion stats for armor and weapons but have found very little about it since most builds tend to go for rabid or rampagers. Does anyone know what profession would use a carrion weapon? Or even that stat choice at all? This is would be mainly for PvE open world, dungeons, and maybe fractals. I would at least like to level a new or have a current character that could actually use it as much as possible.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

I ran full carrion with my thief for a while with deadly arts/trickery. It worked.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Thieves and necros have a couple builds that work well with carrion. Probably mesmers, too.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Thieves don’t have on crit traits for conditions. Carrion would do well here.

Rangers have one on crit condition trait, but unlike the other classes bleed on crit, this one is a 10 point trait instead of a 5 point one. Carrion would probably work well here.

Mesmers practically require precision for conditions.
Don’t do a condition elementalist.
Necromancers have two on crit condition damage traits.

Warrior conditions only have one on crit trait, but it seems to work very well with precision. Carrion might work okay here.

Engineers have two superb on crit condition traits.

Guardians have no on crit condition traits. They have a trait that gives condition damage equal to 13% of their power, and carrion gives power. Carrion works very well here. However, all my condition guardian builds have all been slightly squishy even if they could deal great damage. For those of you who don’t consider guardians to have anything more than burning, do note that guardian greatsword #5 has half the base damage as burning, but scales almost as well as burning as long as you don’t use the pull. A well timed sigil of geomancy also helps. Not the best choice, but not bad by a long shot, and is a bit different to play.

(edited by magic fly.2041)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

And all that being said, please don’t run condition builds in PvE. Your future teams will thank you.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kiallendor.1064

Kiallendor.1064

And all that being said, please don’t run condition builds in PvE. Your future teams will thank you.

Even though everyone expects people to play with full berserk and scholar runed gear, I would at least like to know my options with a free ascended weapon that I got about a month and a half ago instead of it being a waste of space :p

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Even though everyone expects people to play with full berserk and scholar runed gear, I would at least like to know my options with a free ascended weapon that I got about a month and a half ago instead of it being a waste of space :p

Could always take it into wvw/eotm. Condition builds are highly viable in PvP.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I run carrion with necro. I love it.

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark