(PVE) puting an end to meta glass cannon

in Profession Balance

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

I dont mind zerker doing all this damage but as many people said and noticed their dps actualy allow them to outburn fight before they take a hit. Because everyone can just ’’dodge’’ a boss attack instead of eating it people just run full damage and ignore their armor or health level trading it for offansive power wich they then use to make the fight even easyer by burning down bosses in reccord time.

What i subjest here is a total blasphemy to some yet it all makes sense because thats what glass cannon class all rely on to survive despite their lack on armor, what i subjest is a direct nerf to endurance regeneration and heres the reason why

1. Less endurance means you cant dodge as often wich means youl take hit more often. This highly penalise glass cannon based build or melee fighters who get to have it easyer when stacking under the boss.

2. The majority of the player runs zerk when they clearly dont have the skill to use it properly, the rest run zerk and succeed because they can totaly bypass their armor limitation and trollrun the boss from matrix-dodging even with absolutely no personnal survivability save for occasionnal utility.

3. People who wish to run zerker still can run it but will likely need to match up with build that deals less damage to keep themselves alive such as control builds and support builds.

4. Condition builds wich deals lesser damage versus zerker would actualy be given a shine since most of them runs either on ranged attack wich help reduce the number of dodge required to stay alive or runs cond/toughness builds wich are tanky and effective at the same time

5. Ranged is given a revalorisation versus melee fighting because they take less risk from not behing exposed to most attack wich require a dodge and dont need to dodge as often, yes youd now have a real reason to run an ranged elementalist or a bow ranger in a party.

Of course player may still use dodging utility like sword/dagger ranger, sword mesmer and other blocking dodge however class like axe/2h sword warrior and guardians wich ran pure dps will have to start worrying about their armor level a little more or work twice as hard to get things done the ’’berserking’’ way

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

1.) This game was built around active defense, so why would anet nerf the main draw of this game?

2.) Majority of players don’t run zerk. When I pug higher level fractals, I rarely run into any zerkers. And unless I specify it in LFG, I get Cleric, knight or PVT gear in my dungeon runs.

3.) To make running other builds more viable, a complete combat overall is necessary(which shouldn’t happen).

4.) With the condi stack limit, the problem of reaching cap on a condition is still the main problem.

5.) Go talk to the spider in AC, or the variety of ranged only attacks lupi does.

Better ways to change things. Make enemies actually aggro on higher toughness and stay locked onto them, so tanky builds can at least be some what useful. Scale healing better in PVE, so people can actually do enough heals to not be completely useless. Other things, like maybe guardian aegis blocks two attacks if you have X amount of armor, or other class specific things that can contribute to getting certain benefits if you run certain types of builds.

What I don’t want to see, is a complete change in gameplay philosophy and this get turned into a cheap version of every other MMO out there.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

Increasing the effectiveness of armor will not actualy make it more attractive to zerker fanatics neither would increasing healing power because theil just be able to clear content just as fast and it will remain the current meta brand.

Players needs incentive to run something else for the builds to actualy start flowing. Once you cant hide behind your dodge anymore because running a build without a very high endurance regen wont suffice what will you hide behind? Likely minions, aegis, protection regeneration, healing and more then anything else youl likely have a small level of armor to help yourself resist the hits.

Ill have you know Malrona is prety much 100% close range and that even its longuest range attack wont hit you if you are at least 1200 or more away from her (i NEVER melee Malrona it save me from constantly having to dodge the poison bombs).

Lupicus is just as deadly a ranged unit as he is in melee range it just happen however that killing him with a ranged weapon works realy well if you know how to get the tell on his moves and aint alone against him, i NEVER melee lupicus unless my party does wich prety much never happen because i havent ran arah on my warrior since i slain simin before her nerf and i dont plan on doing it again unless necesary so now i run it on my other characters wich are either tanky enought to survive lupicus at any range or simply put able to run longrange weapon as well as got good dodge/block.

EDIT: someone in another post had the genius idea to double the ennemies attacking rate, wich in the same way result in you not behing able to dodge everytime, thats a great idea.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

We already have enough posts about this, another thread is not warranted.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Hide behind dodges? How is having to have good reflexes and enemy awareness hiding behind a mechanic? I think hiding behind armor is pathetic. You should be rewarded for being able to dodge properly. Why should standing there with safer gear, give you same benefit as people who run zerker?

I always melee lupi on my 11k hp guard. I’m down instantly by many of his attacks if I miss a dodge, while pvt counter parts can eat the attacks very efficiently. So why should I be punished, when I take a greater risk of one missed dodge costing me my life.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

This is getting beyond a joke now. Sadly it looks like ANet are falling for said joke.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Immobilize! Weakness! Just put it on every dungeon boss! No more dodging for Zerkers! Dead people do 0 damage! The end!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

This is getting beyond a joke now. Sadly it looks like ANet are falling for said joke.

Yes they are. It’s a bit sad to see how people like the OP do not understand how optimized zerker groups work at all. Yea, we just dodge whenever we want and faceroll. Yup that’s it.

No blocks, no aegis, no blinds, no boons, no combo fields, no reflects, no coordination, nothing. Just dodging.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Your build is your weapons, utility skills and your traits.
Your gear is simply a reflection of how much damage you anticipate taking during whatever content you’re running.
Therefore Zerker gear does not “nullify” any “variety” or any “builds.” Builds are independent of gear, you can run a dps build in Soldier’s gear or a support build in Zerker gear.
If Zerker is optimal for PVE content that is because of players anticipating that they will not take significant damage during the PVE content and not some feature of Zerker.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Your build is your weapons, utility skills and your traits.
Your gear is simply a reflection of how much damage you anticipate taking during whatever content you’re running.
Therefore Zerker gear does not “nullify” any “variety” or any “builds.” Builds are independent of gear, you can run a dps build in Soldier’s gear or a support build in Zerker gear.
If Zerker is optimal for PVE content that is because of players anticipating that they will not take significant damage during the PVE content and not some feature of Zerker.

Give up, no one here wants to listen to reason. They want to get their pitchforks out and NERF ZERKER, BURN THEM!!. The devs alas, will listen to the mob.

in Profession Balance

kyubi.3620

You do run no armor and take no hit. I dont mind if a full zerker thief run along in a balanced party to provide damage it will actualy be usefull and nice to have around but there should be actual ’’risk’’ to running those build especialy in close range wich right now is favored in all zerk team. Anet didnt intend the game to be a constant stacking fest or for melee dps to flashburn their boss before they can actualy become a real treat they wanted all profession and build to be ran in a dashing melting pot of originality and creativity. By doing the promotion of dodge zerking its going against every single principe guild wars held dear.

If they do nerf zerker youl still be able to run it it just mean youl have to actualy run it as with a balanced party wich work on other stuff then raw dps or actualy live with the risk of running a full glass cannon team (wich is to say very poor survivability as should be intended for any spec wich revolve on pure damage). As long as glass cannon wild be the lovely puppy no one will think to run anything else then a glass cannon in organised and effective party and originality will keep behing punished.

I see this thief in pvp who runs glass cannon, he kills anything in 1 shot or nearly and has tremendous damage, however the moment he takes a hit or get focused he dies because he cant take the beating, Pve shouldnt hold any less risk for that thief then pvp should when it comes to doing a dungeon encounter no mather easy the fights are..

Indeed if you dont anticipate taking damage why are you so worried about a nerf to your dodge rate or a double of the risk berserker would give you? If its challange you want you do will be rewarded with a damage level no one can attain however youl have to risk your life a lot more then the others if you want to do it.

Of course if your effraid of a nerf to your survivability we can always nerf your critical damage by 50% or reduce your critical rate with diminishing returns so to be somewhat a little closer to the other build damage. I dont care long as it gives the population serious reason to run variable builds in end game not necesarely running on pure zerk in pve

Derv will likely listen because they too want to favor the emergance of other PVE meta then pure zerkers. Guild Wars 2 is more then just a guy swinging his melee weapon at the guy for maximised damage with a static build everyone else use. Even if we do end up with a meta again it wont just be one meta but multiple meta all using defrent playstyle and effect while fulfilling defrent purpose then to just always barge in with the maximum damage and relying on utility from time to time.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I’m not worried at all about the devs implementing your silly ideas, because they are smart people who understand the game and would never do anything so ridiculously dumb.

In a few sentences, I described the character building process for this game. By describing that process, I have completely countered and eliminated 100% of the “nerf zerker” arguments that appear to be based on a drastic misunderstanding of the nature of the game design and character building process.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/