[PVX] Reworking Engineer Traits

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

Reworking Turret and Gadget Engineer Traits

So my idea to fix the two biggest problems with engineer skills at the moment which are in my opinion the uselessness of gadgets and turrets compared to a kit is to revamp the inventions trait line and add a new GM trait for gadgets. It would function in a similar manner to kit refinement except be more powerful as it is a GM trait.

Changes in Invention Trait Line

Combine traits 3 and 10 ; Reduces damage dealt to turrets and Turrets are self-repairing. (Lets face it if you are using turrets you bring supply crate and elite supplies.)

Move GM trait Rifled Turret Barrels down to master tier. ( Similar to Necromancer axe being moved down)

New GM trait “Ingenious Invention” – Gadgets gain additional effects.

Each gadget would have a different effect. I’m open to ideas but here are my thoughts.

Throw Mine – Concussion field dazes nearby foes.
Oil Slick – Foes entering the oil slick are afflicted with conditions. (the thief steal oil slick from engineer would be nice).
Rocket Boots – Rocket exhaust leaves a fire field behind on use.
Utility Goggles – Enhanced vision enables you to avoid incoming attacks. (functions like blurred frenzy except you can move, duration debatable). This would enable it to be a real utility to engage targets and also use defensively.
Personal Battering Ram – Launches several (5?) foes in-front of you. (Make battering ram AoE).
AED – Converts conditions while AED is active. Would convert one condition per second, so a total of 5. (Don’t tell me that that is too many condi wipes; ether renewal is better"

(edited by mas.7401)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Combine traits 3 and 10 ; Reduces damage dealt to turrets and Turrets are self-repairing. (Lets face it if you are using turrets you bring supply crate and elite supplies.)

-yep trait 10 doesn’t really stand on its own combining it would make it decent
Move GM trait Rifled Turret Barrels down to master tier. ( Similar to Necromancer axe being moved down)
New GM trait “Ingenious Invention” – Gadgets gain additional effects.
Each gadget would have a different effect. I’m open to ideas but here are my thoughts.
Throw Mine – Concussion field dazes nearby foes.
Oil Slick – Foes entering the oil slick are afflicted with conditions. (the thief steal oil slick from engineer would be nice).
Rocket Boots – Rocket exhaust leaves a fire field behind on use.
Utility Goggles – Enhanced vision enables you to avoid incoming attacks. (functions like blurred frenzy except you can move, duration debatable). This would enable it to be a real utility to engage targets and also use defensively.
Personal Battering Ram – Launches several (5?) foes in-front of you. (Make battering ram AoE).
AED – Converts conditions while AED is active. Would convert one condition per second, so a total of 5. (Don’t tell me that that is too many condi wipes; ether renewal is better"

for me its kinda hard to imagine gadgets in the inventions traitline, even if they are technically inventions, but Im okay with the idea

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

What trait line would be better?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

After necros got their special Torment condition, I always felt like there should be a new field focused around the engineer (since the profession has access to almost all fields and a ton of blast finishers) and it would be available via Oil Slick, like a tar field or something. Blasting it would do like area cripple or something.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast