Please don't get rid of this forum...

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

…where are people going to put all their kittening (myself included)? This sub-forum was a great place for people to vent their concerns and now that it’s gone, it shall be unleashed dispersed all over. Keep it all in one place, for everyone’s sake.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

HA!
And I just typed a rant about how QQ for nerfs gets listened to too often.
Silly me, finally we get rid of this cesspool.
Ty a-net, I highly welcome this change (and the option to report/remove QQ-trolls on the engi sub-forum.)

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Why would they get rid of this forum?

It’s the only window in the bubble that they are living in…

…I assume someone thinks it’s to negative? They should spend a day reading what players think about them on a website not edited by anet.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

If you want to discuss balance issues that touch on multiple classes where will you post it? Pick one profession forum and put it there? Fewer people with less varied viewpoints will see it and discussions will be less rich as a result.

I’ve always liked this forum. Sure there are rants, but that’s true of every forum. I’ve seen this as the ‘neutral ground’ of the profession section where players of different professions can discuss inter-class balance. And there have been a lot of very good discussions here.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Profession Balance

Arantheal.7396

Because its a steaming pile of player-frustrations, spawned from repeatedly experienced downstates in WvW and PvP.
The majority of threads here is not about “balance”, but revenge-nerfs.
Therefore it gets closed on December the 9th.

If you want to discuss balance issues that touch on multiple classes where will you post it?

In the CDI subforum, where it belongs to.
And if your suggestions consists of more than the usual “nerf this, because I die to it too often”, you have a better chance that it will be picked up there.
Bonus points for regular cleanse and removal of QQ-threads.

Fare well “Profession Balance”, we’ll not miss you.

in Profession Balance

GreyWraith.8394

Because its a steaming pile of player-frustrations, spawned from repeatedly experienced downstates in WvW and PvP.
The majority of threads here is not about “balance”, but revenge-nerfs.
Therefore it gets closed on December the 9th.

If you want to discuss balance issues that touch on multiple classes where will you post it?

In the CDI subforum, where it belongs to.
And if your suggestions consists of more than the usual “nerf this, because I die to it too often”, you have a better chance that it will be picked up there.
Bonus points for regular cleanse and removal of QQ-threads.

Fare well “Profession Balance”, we’ll not miss you.

Unfortunately the CDI subforum will likely only accept feedback on things they are currently running CDIs for. I applaud and support that initiative, but there just aren’t enough devs to discuss everything all the time.

As to you apparent hate-on for this forum, there is an elegant solution: don’t click on it. Voila! your problem is solved. And really, do you think people will complain less when the forum is gone? Unlikely. The individual profession forums will just get uglier.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

:D Don’t despair fellow QQ’ers…
I’ve created, for the thief profession, a Nerf Wish List where you can submit any nerf you wish to be applied to the thief, so far there’s 9 pages of that thread.

(Let’s think of it this way, if there’s 1 dedicated thread for requesting thief nerfs, with a couple pages worth of solid QQ’s (no not full 9 pages, i would guess 4-5)… and that’s just for one profession…. since this “balance” forum encompass more than just one profession, one might think that there’s well over 4-5 pages of solid QQs that span across ALL the professions)

….
And really, do you think people will complain less when the forum is gone? Unlikely. The individual profession forums will just get uglier.

Unlikely? O.o Someone doesn’t seem to be so certain of something that will not happen.

The QQ’s were there way before the existence of "Profession "Balance"" forum. The “Balance” forum just allowed people to collectively QQ about something.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

Good, the “Profession Balance” forum is littered with nonsense.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Profession Balance

GreyWraith.8394

I’ve created, for the thief profession, a Nerf Wish List where you can submit any nerf you wish to be applied to the thief, so far there’s 9 pages of that thread.

(Let’s think of it this way, if there’s 1 dedicated thread for requesting thief nerfs, with a couple pages worth of solid QQ’s (no not full 9 pages, i would guess 4-5)… and that’s just for one profession…. since this “balance” forum encompass more than just one profession, one might think that there’s well over 4-5 pages of solid QQs that span across ALL the professions)

….
And really, do you think people will complain less when the forum is gone? Unlikely. The individual profession forums will just get uglier.

Unlikely? O.o Someone doesn’t seem to be so certain of something that will not happen.

The QQ’s were there way before the existence of "Profession "Balance"" forum. The “Balance” forum just allowed people to collectively QQ about something.

I’m uncertain of your use of negatives :P

The ‘Nerf Wish List’ is hilarious though.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Well, this forum WAS good when there was actual dev feedback and the constructive input was actually put to use…

… But, as it seems to be with almost everything on these forums, the devs just decide to stop interacting with us. It’d be nice to at least be told why this is the case, so that we don’t have to assume that it’s out of pure apathy.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Pff. The devs stopped interacting with us because we tend to be a bunch of self intitled kittens. The decent posts get burried in the kittening posts where people dont exactly have anything USEFUL to say. I wouldn’t respond either. Hell Id see even reading this forum (which they have proven they do) as a punishment reserved for whoever kittened up that week. Becuase I doubt ANYONE enjoys half the mindless garbage people lay at Anets feet and expect them to pick up.

Ghost Yak

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

….

I’m uncertain of your use of negatives :P

The ‘Nerf Wish List’ is hilarious though.

Yeah I was too, actually… pretty sure I got it right though.
I was just reinforcing your “Unlikely” into “hell no”.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

While their at it they can undo the nerfs to warrior back to launch most of it was uncalled for and it vent from being the best dps class to the worst.
To the point where people tell you to reroll.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Becuase I doubt ANYONE enjoys half the mindless garbage people lay at Anets feet and expect them to pick up.

This is a serious problem as a non-enterprise developer, not just game dev. Internet anonymity makes people really likely to just rage, and it adds that even if you get someone level-headed, players are amazingly bad at telling you what the actual problem is or what they want.

Even if they tell you, in a cohesive manner, what they want implemented, there’s a very high chance that they’d hate it. It’s their interpretation of what could be a solution to a problem they encounter, so actually you need to know the underlying issue and work on solving that in a more sensible manner.

In the case of most posts on this forum, the underlying issue is – as best as I can tell – that someone lost and (crucial part) it made them feel weak or stupid. This feeling of helplessness, not understanding what exactly they’re supposed to do in order to do better, gets projected into a hatred of the act of losing (and then usually gets pinpointed to death as a result of overly-1v1-focused talk), and from there projected outwards into either ranting about the state of one’s own class, or supposedly overly strong elements of another.

So, a player will say “Hey, Cele DD Eles are OP, nerf that!”. What they actually mind is that they don’t know how to improve further when facing DD Elementalists (or more specifically, any fight involving that common element which in this case happens to be a Cele DD Ele, not necessarily only on their team). It’s that lack of knowledge, path, hope or chance which is annoying them, not the Ele itself.

Logically speaking, the proper fix is to work on lessening or mitigating this feeling, as it happens with more than just Eles.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

Pff. The devs stopped interacting with us because we tend to be a bunch of self intitled kittens. The decent posts get burried in the kittening posts where people dont exactly have anything USEFUL to say. I wouldn’t respond either. Hell Id see even reading this forum (which they have proven they do) as a punishment reserved for whoever kittened up that week. Becuase I doubt ANYONE enjoys half the mindless garbage people lay at Anets feet and expect them to pick up.

Then ignore the bad posts while interacting properly with the constructive ones. There’s just no excuse for ignoring a medium that is designated for developer feedback, no matter how many bad apples have to be sifted through to find the worthwhile ideas and criticism.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Black box I seriously doubt they IGNORE it. As I said they probably read through it. However from my perspective red posts mearly attract every kitten troll in the game. I dont see why they should HAVE to post in a forum that insults them more than actually offers constructive criticism.

Ghost Yak

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Is this confirmed I haven’t been keeping up?

IMO the problem is clearly ignorant players are posting and although you do get some good balance based posts and talks there is a vast majority of QQ.

From the start this would have been better if we had a criteria of restrictions for players so we weed out less knowledge about players and reduce the QQ… For example:

You couldn’t comment on PvE Meta unless you had dungeon master and at least 20-30 in frac.

You couldn’t comment on PvP Balance unless you were at least r60+ (or 80 since it’s not hard to get now)

stuff like that. Sure this wont get rid of people who complain or feel entailed but at the very least the restriction gets rid of less knowledgeable players who would have had to learn more and experience before commenting…

This is would have also stopped players with multiple accounts self bumping their arguments without any facts other than for people to create fallacies like “See I’m not the only one who thinks XYZ IS OP!”

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Black box I seriously doubt they IGNORE it. As I said they probably read through it. However from my perspective red posts mearly attract every kitten troll in the game. I dont see why they should HAVE to post in a forum that insults them more than actually offers constructive criticism.

Not only that, most forums of video games are meant for player-to-player communication. Yes, at times a developer might post something as it is a convenient centralized place where to provide information to players, but it’s not the intent of the forum.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Black Box.9312

Not only that, most forums of video games are meant for player-to-player communication. Yes, at times a developer might post something as it is a convenient centralized place where to provide information to players, but it’s not the intent of the forum.

The sticky has since been removed, but the original intention of this forum was for suggestions and feedback between the devs and the players. Any sort of attempts at direct communication with topics related to balancing were relayed to this forum. So it was definitely meant for more than just ‘player-to-player communication’.

in Profession Balance

Arantheal.7396

Yepp, it was meant as more in the first place, but soon turned into a puddle of little pricks that spill nothing but revenge nerfs, or biased opinions not only about other classes, but the players behind it as well.
The last time a sub-forum was that toxic, was when a-net decided to remove the wvw- MU subforum.

I welcome to see this cesspool begone, since doomsday will not fall onto the profession-sub-forums. Last time people did argument that MU trolls will flood WvW discussion, but thanks to aware moderation, that never really happened. The same aware moderation is in place for the profession-subforums, so get your fingers ready to hover over the report button if QQ trolls flood your professions’ sub-forum.
And you know: You can always simply ignore them.