Please nerf rune of strength

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Nah, it’s fine. If something had to be changed, I’d suggest the 4 piece bonus go from 5 to 20 secs CD. I find the 4 piece bonuses a bit too much. Removing one of the two would be fine as well.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

please don’t (in PvE)…………….for skilled players, its not the highest dps rune set (scholar)…………..for those who aren’t “pro”, it allows one to gear /trait a touch more defensively and still contribute well in pugs (obviously an organized group will specialize better and not need everyone to pack their own might stacking capability).

also love that i can stack 5 might just with dodging on my thief.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Posted by: nicolas.9045

nicolas.9045

Tha matter isn’t runes of strengh, it’s the traits that scale with them too well (ex: phalanx, etc…).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I rather think that in general, Runes and Sigils make up too much of a character. Characters and their specs should have more defined strengths and weaknesses, and this is really problematic if you can simply “fix it” with a runeset or sigil.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Tha matter isn’t runes of strengh, it’s the traits that scale with them too well (ex: phalanx, etc…).

In WvW, maybe.

In PvE, not really. You’re still better off might stacking with eles, and you can actually just keep 25 stacks up with Phalanx in a lot of dungeons without using this rune.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I rather think that in general, Runes and Sigils make up too much of a character. Characters and their specs should have more defined strengths and weaknesses, and this is really problematic if you can simply “fix it” with a runeset or sigil.

So much this. The power of runes/sigils is a little too intense, especially for it being passive benefit.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sheppy.9306

Sheppy.9306

Rofl, this is probably posted by a condi scrub. I’m tired of those guys trying to cry nerf rune of strength because DPS builds can actually fight back against condi spamming face roll classes. I’m not even kidding, lately in spvp and tpvp…I’m seeing a TON of condi spec classes just slapping like 40-50 conditions on a target in like 20 seconds or less. It’s not even funny. Nerf condis before you even consider nerfing strength runes. And I kitten you not (i typed kitten manually), a few solo queue matches in a row…I pvped a whole team of condis. Not kidding at all. We won because our team was more balanced but still…Cleansing all of those conditions were a pain and it’s not even fun when you run into a condi wall zerg.

News flash, if you play condition build, you are NOT SKILLED. Get it? NOT SKILLED. Go kitten yourselves if you think you are. It’s to compensate for your lack of skills. -_-

What the hell? Condi build not skilled? Tis a bit of a exaggeration to state that, and by your opinionated response and hate for conditions would i be correct in assuming you are a warrior? And to state that condi “spammers” are not skilled is a sad thing indeed as i assure you there is a very big difference between a spamming necro and a skilled one. Theres personally nothing wrong with condis, as every condi class is easily countered and very squishy, check out the necro forums. And there is a serious problem with strength runes considering that it is exceptionally easy for say a warrior to get full might stacks and hit as much as they could before the patch but now they aren’t running berserker. No they are running soldiers amulet with a sigil of intelligence. In fact i have a sneaky suspicion that 25 stacks of might with a soldiers amulet would actually hit harder than a full berserker before the patch. Before you used to go berserkers for the 50% extra dps on crit, now you go rune of strength to get a permanent 50% extra dps + 150% dps on a crit. Its completely stupid and only reinforced this ridiculously boring bunker meta. Not only that i can tell you that if you do run the strength runes you are just as guilty of condition “spamming” as any condition based class as at 25 stacks of might your conditions do about 80% of the damage of a dedicated condition class.

The reality is in this cc spamming bunker meta, conditions are currently the worst off due to their (generally) lower health pools and lack of stability (necro, engi). yet conversely due to this might stacking soldiers bunker crap, conditions are the only real counter to eat through that 25k HP with near 3K armour.

Finally power builds have always been able to fight back against condis i really don’t know where you are coming from with that statement, i mean a necros strongest counter is a bloody zerker thief and in no way at all are engineers considered meta.

But i stray from the point, i agree strength runes are supremely overpowered and simply have not balanced this game but rather unbalanced it in the completely wrong direction. if it wasn’t for the lack of any other game with a combat system like this i would have abandoned this game months ago. Oh and one more thing if you guys are over rank 300 or so try something more interesting please instead of this crappy meta. Man i am sick to death of hitting this bunker crap at these high ranks.

just like to get that off my chest ty :p

(edited by Sheppy.9306)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Rofl, this is probably posted by a condi scrub. I’m tired of those guys trying to cry nerf rune of strength because DPS builds can actually fight back against condi spamming face roll classes. I’m not even kidding, lately in spvp and tpvp…I’m seeing a TON of condi spec classes just slapping like 40-50 conditions on a target in like 20 seconds or less. It’s not even funny. Nerf condis before you even consider nerfing strength runes. And I kitten you not (i typed kitten manually), a few solo queue matches in a row…I pvped a whole team of condis. Not kidding at all. We won because our team was more balanced but still…Cleansing all of those conditions were a pain and it’s not even fun when you run into a condi wall zerg.

News flash, if you play condition build, you are NOT SKILLED. Get it? NOT SKILLED. Go kitten yourselves if you think you are. It’s to compensate for your lack of skills. -_-

What the hell? Condi build not skilled? Tis a bit of a exaggeration to state that, and by your opinionated response and hate for conditions would i be correct in assuming you are a warrior? And to state that condi “spammers” are not skilled is a sad thing indeed as i assure you there is a very big difference between a spamming necro and a skilled one. Theres personally nothing wrong with condis, as every condi class is easily countered and very squishy, check out the necro forums. And there is a serious problem with strength runes considering that it is exceptionally easy for say a warrior to get full might stacks and hit as much as they could before the patch but now they aren’t running berserker. No they are running soldiers amulet with a sigil of intelligence. In fact i have a sneaky suspicion that 25 stacks of might with a soldiers amulet would actually hit harder than a full berserker before the patch. Before you used to go berserkers for the 50% extra dps on crit, now you go rune of strength to get a permanent 50% extra dps + 150% dps on a crit. Its completely stupid and only reinforced this ridiculously boring bunker meta. Not only that i can tell you that if you do run the strength runes you are just as guilty of condition “spamming” as any condition based class as at 25 stacks of might your conditions do about 80% of the damage of a dedicated condition class.

The reality is in this cc spamming bunker meta, conditions are currently the worst off due to their (generally) lower health pools and lack of stability (necro, engi). yet conversely due to this might stacking soldiers bunker crap, conditions are the only real counter to eat through that 25k HP with near 3K armour.

Finally power builds have always been able to fight back against condis i really don’t know where you are coming from with that statement, i mean a necros strongest counter is a bloody zerker thief and in no way at all are engineers considered meta.

But i stray from the point, i agree strength runes are supremely overpowered and simply have not balanced this game but rather unbalanced it in the completely wrong direction. if it wasn’t for the lack of any other game with a combat system like this i would have abandoned this game months ago. Oh and one more thing if you guys are over rank 300 or so try something more interesting please instead of this crappy meta. Man i am sick to death of hitting this bunker crap at these high ranks.

what the hell are you talking about

in this jumbled wall of text there are multiple things you’re wrong about:
necro has the highest base hp in the game, plus deathshroud
the only difference between crit damage now and pre-patch was the displayed numbers, we’re not getting 150% crit dmg out of nowhere.
barely any warriors run soldier’s amulet, it doesn’t make any sense to run it given the 0/0/6/2/6 build.
runes of strength are not overpowered considering how strong condition builds are, and besides there are other runes that offer the same might bonuses save for the 7% damage increase.

so stop complaining about warrior’s imbalances and using it as an excuse to nerf a good runeset across the board when condis have already been strong against most power builds.

let’s remove runes of balthazaar then!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

barely any warriors run soldier’s amulet, it doesn’t make any sense to run it given the 0/0/6/2/6 build.

Lolwut?
With the change to how sigils work and the buff to Sigil of Intelligence, Soldier Hambow 0 0 6 2 6 with Strength Runes has NEVER been more viable than today.
Especially since the nerf to Lyssa made Warriors more vulnerable to conditions, so that additional 5k HP from the amulet are extremely handy.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

You just proved you don’t know much about the meta and ironically enough, you must be a necro and like the poster who replied to you…It’s funny that you think necros have the lowest hp pool. They have one of the largest and that’s not even including death shroud lol. I rather run into a team of full zerkers than a team of full condi spams that just slap 50+ condis on you within 10 seconds and you are just left to die while trying your hardest to fight back. Condis are NOT skilled. Everyone knows that. Only condi users would argue otherwise because they want to defend their cheese mechanisms. But I’m willing to bet good money that you fail on any build that’s not condi related. DPS builds are about timing your bursts precisely while condis just spams condi’s. That does not require skills. If a dps misses their burst, it’s a problem. If a condi misses their condi’s, oh well, they have more. eyeroll

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Id just “balance” the +7% dmg down to 5,4 or even remove it, and “nerf” the warior bow F1 field size. maybe duration too but mostly the field size needs to be a non traited mark/lava font.

Warriors mostly and somewhat engies with “incendary powder” make strenght runes OP as they get almost condi class condition damage added to tankines+healing for free.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Whenever there’s a massive swing towards one rune set, it’s pretty obvious there’s a problem.

Conversely, there are just as many crappy runes around as before the revamp, so am left wondering what was the point?

downed state is bad for PVP

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Whenever there’s a massive swing towards one rune set, it’s pretty obvious there’s a problem.

Conversely, there are just as many crappy runes around as before the revamp, so am left wondering what was the point?

Whenever there is a massive swing toward something that means there was a shake up and change on a massive scale. Ferocity and rune/sigil rework. This is new territory so I don’t understand where the “whenever” came from since this is unprecedented in GW2 life cycle.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I wonder if people realize that Might increases condition damage too.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I wonder if people realize that Might increases condition damage too.

This is the main problem with warriors in the current meta. The fire field from Bow + 20++ of might makes the old HGH engi looking like fool

in Profession Balance

Sheppy.9306

You just proved you don’t know much about the meta and ironically enough, you must be a necro and like the poster who replied to you…It’s funny that you think necros have the lowest hp pool. They have one of the largest and that’s not even including death shroud lol. I rather run into a team of full zerkers than a team of full condi spams that just slap 50+ condis on you within 10 seconds and you are just left to die while trying your hardest to fight back. Condis are NOT skilled. Everyone knows that. Only condi users would argue otherwise because they want to defend their cheese mechanisms. But I’m willing to bet good money that you fail on any build that’s not condi related. DPS builds are about timing your bursts precisely while condis just spams condi’s. That does not require skills. If a dps misses their burst, it’s a problem. If a condi misses their condi’s, oh well, they have more. eyeroll

Actually if you must know i run , ele or thief and only go necro if i meet the bunker wall.

in Profession Balance

Sheppy.9306

So you would rather run into a zerker with access to stability passive heal and all amounts of invulnerabilities, blocks and dodges that runs strength runes and sigil of intelligence (amounting to a 200% increase to dps on weapon swap on 3 attacks) compared to classes with conditions that run no stun breakers, no stability, and no passive heals? Don’t make me lol hard please. I didn’t think anybody considered condition classes to be along the meta anymore.

in Profession Balance

Lettuce.2945

So you would rather run into a zerker with access to stability passive heal and all amounts of invulnerabilities, blocks and dodges that runs strength runes and sigil of intelligence (amounting to a 200% increase to dps on weapon swap on 3 attacks) compared to classes with conditions that run no stun breakers, no stability, and no passive heals? Don’t make me lol hard please. I didn’t think anybody considered condition classes to be along the meta anymore.

Are you a PvEr? It’s starting to show through a lot. You seem to think that necros are the only condition spammers lol. No passive heals? Oh, so there’s no condition warriors either? There’s a lot of cheese condi builds across all classes (not ele in spvp, rare to see a condi ele) especially engi, warriors, mesmer, guards, necros, etc. And most of them have a lot of stun breakers, stability….Are you just trolling for the sake of trolling? I would rather run into a wall of zerkers. I main an ele. I have a lot of cleanse but all the cleanse in the world can’t save me against a wall of condis. Only thing I can do is run.

As I already mentioned before and you seemed to tip toe around that. A zerker build misses his burst, it’s a problem. A condi misses his condi skill, it’s not a problem. He has more up his sleeves. Thusly answering the question, which is more skilled and which is cheese.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Condition engies lack stability and stunbreaks. Condition necros lack stability and stunbreaks. Condition mesmers lack stability and use their stunbreaks for damage. Condition thieves lacks stability and stunbreaks (because they’re rather reliant on venoms). Condition eles are so rare, I have no idea what they run. Condition guardians don’t exist.

Condition warriors get everything from their weapons, so they usually have the same stability and stunbreaks as Power builds.

Power build misses his skill, it’s not a problem. He has more up his sleeves.

You’re confusing “burst” and “individual attack”. For everyone trying to burst, if you miss your burst, you’re in a heap of trouble. If you miss an individual attack? Not so much.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Are you a PvEr? It’s starting to show through a lot. You seem to think that necros are the only condition spammers lol. No passive heals? Oh, so there’s no condition warriors either? There’s a lot of cheese condi builds across all classes (not ele in spvp, rare to see a condi ele) especially engi, warriors, mesmer, guards, necros, etc. And most of them have a lot of stun breakers, stability….Are you just trolling for the sake of trolling? I would rather run into a wall of zerkers. I main an ele. I have a lot of cleanse but all the cleanse in the world can’t save me against a wall of condis. Only thing I can do is run.

As I already mentioned before and you seemed to tip toe around that. A zerker build misses his burst, it’s a problem. A condi misses his condi skill, it’s not a problem. He has more up his sleeves. Thusly answering the question, which is more skilled and which is cheese.

This seems the misconception that a condition build doesn’t have a spike setup. It does and the fight lasts longer if he misses that spike continuously just like a power build.

If all zerker builds only have a spike and only built for that one spike they would usually be classified as gimicky all in 1 trick ponies which is far from the case. A D/D ele isn’t dead if he misses updraft, burning speed and fire grab he isn’t even in big trouble. That is what utilities are for and get out of jail skills if you want to call them that.

Thief misses a back stab he isn’t in trouble he as a freaking refuge and probably a shadow step. on hand. Not sure what game your playing if you miss your burst as a zerk/direct damage build it makes the fight last longer if you die because you missed that burst then you have all damage oriented setups with no survivability built in. You went all-in by choice.

A condi build has a optimal condi spike setup you can’t win just by auto attacking with a pistol you bait dodge with that for the setup. Something power builds should also do I hope you don’t go in assuming every enemy is fully out of endurance and might not have a energy sigil on a weapon.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Sheppy.9306

In my experience i find conditions on an ele exceptionally easy to take and there’s rarely a condition build that can counter you well. If i miss my fire grab i don’t care, if i miss my updraft its not a biggy, burning speed, well its only a 15s cd so i can use it next time.

Necro, signet of spite, if i miss that i die, the fight may go on some time but i will lose every single time provided the player is as competent with their class as i am.

Mesmers, miss that 5 stacks of torment and you are dead. Necro and engi are the main condition classes in my opinion and both have to use their utility slots extensively to deal heavy damage and provide uses to their team mates. I don’t think there is a single dps class out there that needs to do this. like covered above dps classes are free to have these slots free for whatever escapes they care for.

I am done now as i have expressed my view on the strength runes and attempted to convince you why i feel they are overpowered in pvp but these posts have really strayed away from that. Post patch power>condition and pre patch its power>>>>>condition.

in Profession Balance

Lettuce.2945

In my experience i find conditions on an ele exceptionally easy to take and there’s rarely a condition build that can counter you well. If i miss my fire grab i don’t care, if i miss my updraft its not a biggy, burning speed, well its only a 15s cd so i can use it next time.

Necro, signet of spite, if i miss that, it’s all good, the fight may go on some time but i will win every single time provided the player is as incompetent with their class as i am.

Mesmers, miss that 5 stacks of torment and you are dead. Necro and engi are the main condition classes in my opinion and both have to use their utility slots extensively to deal heavy damage and provide uses to their team mates. I don’t think there is a single dps class out there that needs to do this. like covered above dps classes are free to have these slots free for whatever escapes they care for.

I am done now as i have expressed my view on the strength runes and attempted to convince you why i feel they are overpowered in pvp but these posts have really strayed away from that. Post patch power>condition and pre patch its power>>>>>condition.

Fixed.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

On topic:

They’d be fine if they weren’t applied by AOE’s.

A ranger or two throws barrage on a zerg and then all of a sudden the entire enemy hammertrain has 25 stacks of might. Whoops.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Look at your Rune of Rage.
Now look at my Rune of Strength.
Now look back at your Rune of Rage.
Now back at my Rune of Strength.

Is there any question that the Rune of Strength (6/6) bonus should be 5%?

Not a difficult fix.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Look at your Rune of Rage.
Now look at my Rune of Strength.
Now look back at your Rune of Rage.
Now back at my Rune of Strength.

Is there any question that the Rune of Strength (6/6) bonus should be 5%?

Not a difficult fix.

Look at the Rune of Rage
Look at the Rune of Strength

What is Rune of Rage missing? 175 Power

Is there any question why rune of rage never has been or never was close to the best dps runes even pre-patch? Rage has never been a good dps rune compared to power alternatives like Ogre because it is missing POWER.

That is simple maybe not widely known damage basics of GW2. Eagle is an exception as precision main-stat rune because it gives you 3 offensive stats and a multiplier that don’t require you to be hit to take advantage of. Most offensive builds have fury in them.

Rage requires you to get hit for the fury and if you have fury already it isn’t adding much to your base crit chance. Eagle will net you 7 critical damage looking at them all by themselves while Rage nets you 12 or Eagle gives you 58% of the critical damage of Rage, on top of 8 critical chance and a damage multiplier where 6%>5%. If the enemy spends 50% of the fight at 50% health then you could make the case for 5%>3%.

Rage needs a higher multiplier to complete with Ogre and Eagle or some power or precision added to it.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Maybe runes in general should never be “overspecializing”?

That is, runes giving offensive stats – like Power – require getting hit to proc effects, and their setbonuses are of a defensive ~ semi-defensive nature. On the flipside, runes with defensive stats or support stats have offensive setbonuses?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

That is, runes giving offensive stats – like Power – require getting hit to proc effects, and their setbonuses are of a defensive ~ semi-defensive nature. On the flipside, runes with defensive stats or support stats have offensive setbonuses?

I always thought that was odd.

I feel like for examples:

Strength 4/6 = might when you strike
Rage 4/6 = when you strike
Ogre 4/6 = summon rock dog when you strike.
Air 6/6 = lightning strike when you strike

Defense

Earth= prot when struck
Water = chance to remove condition when struck

The defense makes sense but when struck might or fury always seemed odd. I think a simple change like that would be much better and open up more variety. I was always a fan of how perplexity’s 4/6 was a bit more controllable and that is how direct damage runes procs should be. If I can get Air’s lightning strike on my hit it is better then getting hit to proc it.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I always thought that was odd.

I feel like for examples:

Strength 4/6 = might when you strike
Rage 4/6 = when you strike
Ogre 4/6 = summon rock dog when you strike.
Air 6/6 = lightning strike when you strike

Defense

Earth= prot when struck
Water = chance to remove condition when struck

The defense makes sense but when struck might or fury always seemed odd. I think a simple change like that would be much better and open up more variety. I was always a fan of how perplexity’s 4/6 was a bit more controllable and that is how direct damage runes procs should be. If I can get Air’s lightning strike on my hit it is better then getting hit to proc it.

Well, runes sit on armor and they proc when you get hit, sigils sit in weapons and proc when the weapon hits, or crits. That makes sense to me.

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

Well, runes sit on armor and they proc when you get hit, sigils sit in weapons and proc when the weapon hits, or crits. That makes sense to me.

That does make sense I don’t know why I ever thought of that. That is probably the reasoning behind it.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ozzy Toxin.3074

Ozzy Toxin.3074

I actually changed this as soon as I wrote it… have no idea why it was put back kitten …………………….

(edited by Ozzy Toxin.3074)

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

that one rune alone has made ele one of the harder classes to beat if that doesn’t show that it is op then I don’t know what does

Then you don’t know much about elementalist. It is the **new**celestial amulet not the runes.

Previously strength runes would give a Ele using current meta build 45% might duration that is more then enough for a Elementalist to get to 20 stacks of might, add extra blast finisher on frozen burst, standard battle sigils and there you go.

I used the runes before the patch with 6 arcana and could get 20 stacks of might in my sleep. A ele could put on Runes of Water and do the same thing get 20 stacks of might sneezing. A 6 arcana Ele only needs an additional 15% might/boon duration to get 20 stacks of might without much effort just normal play.

Strength runes have always been a good candidate for Elementalist but it took them just up until 6 months ago to fix the 6/6 on the Runes that is why no one ever ran a full set of them. Instead you would see 2/2/2 fire, strength, hoelbrak.

A understanding of simple mechanics like blast finishers having a 15 second base duration with no boon investment goes a long way.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Fire

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Hoelbrak

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Pirate

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Strength

I reckon the latest patch was rushed and they just ended up copy pasting a bunch of runes.

Anywho, strength runes may need a nerf, may need to buff other runes to be closer on par with what they offer. Hoelbrak does this well by providing a defensive form of strength runes, but still some runes need to be further distinguished and worked on. Too many runes still just full out suck, and sigils.

Also “when hit” rune effects are terrible. Too much gameplay is passively done with no thought, and many of those effects are have terrible duration settings (perma might, but ~22% uptime on regen from dwayna as if regen is that strong).

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

in Profession Balance

oZii.2864

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Fire

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Hoelbrak

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Pirate

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Strength

I reckon the latest patch was rushed and they just ended up copy pasting a bunch of runes.

Anywho, strength runes may need a nerf, may need to buff other runes to be closer on par with what they offer. Hoelbrak does this well by providing a defensive form of strength runes, but still some runes need to be further distinguished and worked on. Too many runes still just full out suck, and sigils.

Also “when hit” rune effects are terrible. Too much gameplay is passively done with no thought, and many of those effects are have terrible duration settings (perma might, but ~22% uptime on regen from dwayna as if regen is that strong).

Yea I had high hopes for dwayna runes but they made the CD higher since the proc chance went up.

{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I have a Cleric mesmer that uses Runes of Dwayna with Phantasmal Healing and Signet of the Ether. Since I’ve set that up, I’ve only used the active part of signet to recharge skills. I’ve never needed it to heal. This is even against the Champion Risen Baron in front of the Gallow’s Hang skill point. It took me forever to beat her but she just couldn’t outdamage my passives.

Under the right circumstances, regeneration is insane.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I have a Cleric mesmer that uses Runes of Dwayna with Phantasmal Healing and Signet of the Ether. Since I’ve set that up, I’ve only used the active part of signet to recharge skills. I’ve never needed it to heal. This is even against the Champion Risen Baron in front of the Gallow’s Hang skill point. It took me forever to beat her but she just couldn’t outdamage my passives.

I don’t see how that would work, Crossplay, the #4 has a 45 second cooldown and the #6 only triggers when activating your healing skill which, as you stated, you don’t need to do often.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

If you have near-limitless condi clear and high armor yeah regen is quite good, but more importantly who cares about pve for balancing runes? PVE is far to awkward to use as a reference for balance, because everything is so telegraphed and focuses on either 1-shot mechanics or tons of add on’s.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

All arguments for PvE are redundant you can run anything and it works. Condi needs to be toned down (maybe more in terms of defense as opposed to offensive ability?), and strength runes toned down with it. I only believe this because it’s a slippery slope to power creep and balance can be properly achieved without the risk, just takes a little bit more work and forethought. (which if your on the ‘Balance team’ it’s your job.)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)