Please remove Confusion from the game

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Highly Skilled Player hits you with confusion…

You:

A) Do nothing, and die from Highly Skilled Player auto attacks.

B) Defend yourself, and die from confusion damage.

C) Cure the condition, only to have it instantly reapplied.

D) Log off and play another game, because it’s the sensible thing you can do.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Welcome to Condition Wars 2. You would have really enjoyed your time with Perplexity Runes 1.0.

The days of active combat have been gone for a while now, but this patch was the nail in the coffin. Join the condition bunkers with their passive, no risk/high reward game-play or gtfo.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Welcome to Condition Wars 2. You would have really enjoyed your time with Perplexity Runes 1.0.

The days of active combat have been gone for a while now, but this patch was the nail in the coffin. Join the condition bunkers with their passive, no risk/high reward game-play or gtfo.

much this . . . .

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

You:

Complaining about confusion? LOL.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Wow, a complaint post from before the Confusion 50% nerf. So nostalgic.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Where’s the all of the above option?
I’m so confused….OW

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aniltiger.9186

Aniltiger.9186

You:

First of all, confusion has been nerfed by 50% or so in WvW and PvP so it won’t instakill you. If you fail to see the big confusionstack on you, then you deserve to loose/die.

Confusion can not, and will never be “instantly reapplied” as you say. At least not the amount of stacks that will have a great impact on your health. Also, for any profession that can apply confusion, it’s impossible to maintain such high amount of stacks.

If you got confusion on yourself, why not dodge upcoming attacks/confusionskills and run away strategically. Most players that have confusion as their main high-dmg source will be greatly hurt as you run around and nullify their confusionstacks. It won’t be simple for them to reapply those stacks again.

Lastly, please leave the game if you feel like it. But personally, your reason it the most ridiculous reason to leave the game.

(edited by Aniltiger.9186)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Honestly, with the current state of confusion, if it’s the confusion that’s killing you, you’re better off playing something else anyway. Nothing we say here is going to help you get good enough to do anything in PvP/WvW anyway.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Profession Balance

Posted by: randomly.6395

randomly.6395

Yeah, those dang perplexity runes. Giving you 5 stacks on interrupt, cleansing, and then being reapplied instantly 15 seconds later.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Highly Skilled Player […]

A highly skilled player will defeat you anyway, if you really believe the rest of your statements are true.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Imagine all the QQ if Perplexity went live in PvP…

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Imagine all the QQ if Perplexity went live in PvP…

Apparently.
And here I thought Confusion was entirely useless at this point. It doesn’t even add as much pressure as my on-crit bleeding proc!

But yeah, supposedly Confusion is really deadly. I don’t know why or how, and I’d love to know, being a Mesmer. I use it to cover for other conditions, mostly. People sometimes panic when they see it, probably a relic of it’s Glamour days in WvW.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Confusion is probably the last remaining thing from old “punishment-on-action” skills from GW1 like Parasite or Spiteful Spirit of the Necromancer and multiple Mesmer skills such as Empathy, Backfire…

It’s simply there to prevent you from mindless spamming, I agree that some runes like Perplexity are overpowered with some condibunkers (gaze upon engineer) but there’s no need for erasing that condition.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

You:

Not very nuanced and they shouldn’t remove it altogether but there’s a point to be made here.

A) This actually happens if you know you can’t remove the stacks and you run out of dodges. People can say it’s untrue all they like, when you fight a perplexity warrior, and you get confusion you have three options.

- Attack and take massive damage
- Dodge his next attacks and hope they wear off
-Run away until they wear off

When he’s pressuring you or when it’s 2v1, the confusion will hurt you much more than other conditions.

B) Not always die but it’s very hard to predict how much damage the confusion will do. I’ve had 5 stacks of it and used a rapid attack and took only 1.5k damage and I’ve had 7 stacks of it, tried the same and melted in huge numbers. When you see it, you don’t know howmuch damage it’ll do until you try it out.

C) If there’s no cover condi’s there, you can cleanse it pretty fast, but this is something I disagree on. Key here is knowing howmuch confusion the opponent can give you. engineers have several confusion skills. If you cleanse the 5 from pry bar and then run into a concussion bomb, then yes, they’ll be back. But other than that, rapid re-application isn’t really a thing. It’s sometimes best to see howmuch confusion he has, and then cleanse it.

Still a very powerful condition, and losing to an engineer because he just runs and stacks conditions on you with confusion being the biggest of them is not fair and not fun.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

These days, the only class that really abuses massive confusion stacks is perplex Engi. Fortunately it’s a one trick pony and all you have to do avoid the 15+ stacks is dodge magnet pull.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

if this is for structured pvp, imo confusions are reasonable, at least relative to other condi

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Wait a sec, don’t confuse “confusion” (the condition) with “perplexity warrior” (the perversity).

Confusion is supposed to be Mesmer’s “class condition”. Mesmer-based confusion however is relatively infrequently available, and mostly pretty weak. The scepter has some nice Confusion but the channel has a very long wind-up, very obvious visuals and can be easily interrupted.

Then we have the Perplexity runes. Now, curiously, though Mesmers have a lot of traits centred around interrupting, we’re actually pretty bad at doing it. At least compared to the other two builds regularly fielding those runes, Engineers and especially Warriors.

So this is a problem with the runes? Sure, nerf them. To the ground, IMO. Because really I want Confusions (my class debuff) to be strong, not those Warriors with their runes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I despise confusion when it is on me. As a condition though, I like it. It is more dynamic then other conditions, and works to pressure an opponent to use a cleanse, take the damage, or limit their actions for a time.

This idea to remove the condition from the game is irrationally absurd.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Confusion is supposed to be Mesmer’s “class condition”.

Huh?

Mesmer-based confusion however is relatively infrequently available, and mostly pretty weak.

Oh, okay. I thought I had to remind you.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

Well it was ok before the runes, when we still had the most access to Confusion, bad as ours was.

Now, Engineers and Warriors have much better access to confusion than Mesmers, and virtually any class can match Mesmers with them.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I like the idea behind confusion, really it’s good, it just doesnt seem to work that well in practice in my experience. I mean sure it might stop people AAing, but most of the time you have little chouce but to keep using skills because otherwise you’ll die even faster.

Its the same with Torment. Nice in theory, but its almost never worth standing still to take 200 less damage from your torment because doing so will get you hit by a million and one other things.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

As always, I think the game could overall benefit from making conditions and boons far less common (and probably just removing cleansing entirely) but also far more powerful.

If you’re affected, it should seriously impact you. But you should have a certain assurance that the same person cannot immediately re-apply it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Wait a sec, don’t confuse “confusion” (the condition) with “perplexity warrior” (the perversity).

Confusion is supposed to be Mesmer’s “class condition”. Mesmer-based confusion however is relatively infrequently available, and mostly pretty weak. The scepter has some nice Confusion but the channel has a very long wind-up, very obvious visuals and can be easily interrupted.

Then we have the Perplexity runes. Now, curiously, though Mesmers have a lot of traits centred around interrupting, we’re actually pretty bad at doing it. At least compared to the other two builds regularly fielding those runes, Engineers and especially Warriors.

So this is a problem with the runes? Sure, nerf them. To the ground, IMO. Because really I want Confusions (my class debuff) to be strong, not those Warriors with their runes.

yep this sums it up.
confusion is actually extreemly weak especially for mesmers that got also a trait nerfed along with the 50% confusion nerf. im all for destroying perplexity rune and burn it, casue honestly this was mes core mechanic and now war can stack confusion better and longer that our class can..so anet, please burn this terrible rune or make rework it so it doesnt giv better stacks than glam fields.

i dont think though confusion should be removed. it does need a buff actually in wvw. not in spvp but in wvw we need a buff or a new core mechanic cause thats exactly what mes has been lacking since that terrible nerf.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood