PvE AOE Condition build - Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: KSIBBQ.8123

KSIBBQ.8123

I wasn’t too sure about this build. However, after many dungeons, this build is one of the best AOE build I have seen. Including pets. you have 11 AOE’s, 7 ways to cause bleeding, 4 ways to cause burning, and 4 ways to cause poison: and those aren’t even all of the conditions this build has. Decent team support with war-horn and healing spring.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNMQNBHh/akRl2V7WxcFqWDIIUrCg21Qy21sTgMYDyYoReBB-TxRAABzoXAgTCgQq/QxDAYSlg9s/wYK/CAcAwu7u7u7ubhAWsGA-e

What do you think? Let me know how you think I can improve this build. ( This build is not designed for dungeons skipping! Meant for full dungeon/fractle runs. )

in Profession Balance

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Trap rangers are pretty fun, but some of these things don’t seem as great as they initially do.

Firstly, poison is a VERY weak condi. It’s about 2 stacks of bleed worth of damage, and with Poison Mastery, it’s about 3 stacks of bleed worth of damage. Furthermore, if your pet applies its poison first and you stack onto it, it’ll tick at his condi damage level (which is 0). You’d be better off taking something else, like barkskin or empathetic bond, or another point in Marksmanship. I’d recommend bringing almost anything over poison trap in pve, unless you’re fighting something that heals itself.

Second, Spike Trap applies only 3 bleeds, on a 20 second cool down. Don’t be mistake – unlike other traps, there is no ‘pulse’ for this one. It’s a one-hit-and-done. The duration is very long, so while the damage might be high, the damage per second is quite low.

Entangled is a good choice though, and flame trap is the best.

Recommendations: Drop the torch and bring sun spirit. Sun spirit will let you and your party keep burning on the enemies. Instead, bring a shortbow. If you hit from behind, you can cause bleeding. Shortbow + Quicking Zephyr + positioning will REALLY get those bleed ticks up. But that’s single target. You could go 4/5/5/0/0 and pick up piercing arrow, which I’d go with in this situation.

Keep in mind, most ranger traps hit three targets, not 5. So it’s a rather weak AoE.

To be honest, greatsword or sword are better AoE weapons than traps. Obviously they’re not condition, but with cleave you can hit 5 targets and do 2-5k damage per hit where as you’d have to work very hard to get 3k per condi tick. And you can hit more often than the condis tick.

But if you really want to play condi for the fun of condi playing, I’d only recommend bringing the one trap, a sun spirit, and lightening zephyr. Shortbow optional, but I’d pick it as I think you’ll keep perma burn on the enemies as it is.

Champion Hunter

(edited by SafiMoyo.5130)

in Profession Balance

KSIBBQ.8123

The pets poison really doesn’t last very long, and only one of them applies it. So I don’t feel too bad about taking poison mastery, I have plenty of survive ability (for me anyway)

Spike trap does only give 3 stacks, but they last for 21 seconds and hit 5 targets. (also can crit the one time it hit, so i can give more stacks)

The torch is great with that aoe that causes burning on 5 targets and has 8 pulses that can crit causing more bleeding.

The only trap that only his 3 targets is vipers nest.

If I took what you recommend it would greatly lower the aoe condition damage (which is the point of the build) however I appreciate your input and will look into it.

in Profession Balance

KSIBBQ.8123

also forgot to note the pets attack from poison mastery scales with your condition damage. I did just test to confirm.